REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
I know it's not a Sony exclusive thing but did anyone else try The Matrix Unreal Engine 5 experience? When it went to the city part... I couldn't believe it. I know KH would never do everything that The Matrix was showing off but the idea about no anti-aliasing, full high quality textures with no streaming errors (already solved on PS5 tech with UE4 as shown by FFVIIR but there's no reason for blurry textures now), natural lighting with no lights manually placed, and no pop-in would certainly be an amazing boon for jumping to UE5.
The stats as well...
- The city is 4,138 km wide and 4.968 km long, slightly larger than the size of downtown Los Angeles
- The city surface is 15.79 km2
- The city perimeter is 14.519 km long
- There are 260 km of roads in the city
- There are 512 km of sidewalk in the city
- There are 1,248 intersections in the city
- There are 45,073 parked cars, of which 38,146 are drivable and destructible
- There are 17,000 simulated traffic vehicles on the road that are destructible
- 7,000 buildings
- 27,848 lamp posts on the street side only
- 12,422 sewer holes
- Almost 10 million unique and duplicated assets were created to make the city
- The entire world is lit by only the sun, sky and emissive materials on meshes. No light sources were placed for the tens of thousands of street lights and headlights. In night mode, nearly all lighting comes from the millions of emissive building windows
- 35,000 simulated MetaHuman pedestrians
- Average polygon count? 7000k buildings made of 1000s of assets and each asset could be up to millions of polygons so we have several billions of polygons to make up just the buildings of the city
One of them could Playstation All Stars, that originally started as a Naughty Dog pitch.
Neil Druckmann Confirms Naughty Dog Is Working on "Multiple Game Projects"Naughty Dog co-president Neil Druckmann confirmed that the studio is working on "multiple game projects" during the CES 2022 Sony press event.mp1st.com
One of them could be Jak and Daxter. It's a longshot but you never know....
One of them is probably last of us part 3. I'm hoping one of them is a new sci-fi game. They had a couple of cool concepts in their art book.
NO. I like my multi-platform S-E.Interesting move. I wouldn't mind a partnership like that with Square Enix.
That's why I said partnership and not acquisition.NO. I like my multi-platform S-E.
This is an acquisition though. While they’ll remain an independent studio, they’ll still be owned by Sony. Independent in this case just means they aren’t being absorbed or combined with PlayStation’s other studios and will retain their own publishing label.That's why I said partnership and not acquisition.
At this point...I'll take it.Wonder if they might give it the same treatment they did with Ratchet and Clank. "The game based on the movie based on the game."
Can’t wait for Elden Ring Kart to be announced /sState of Play tomorrow focusing on Japanese publishers.
Ha, no. Square would sell ports at full price.I think I'm going to move to the top tier of PS+ come June (well, top tier for down under since we don't get streaming).
Every part of my body is crossed for Dissidia 012 and Crisis Core to be available on day one.
I'd buy that but they aren't doing it!Ha, no. Square would sell ports at full price.