• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Some keyblade stuff

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Judge

Just a few thoughts that came into my head recently.

Throughout the Kingdom Hearts series we've seen many keyblades and there have been some situations where the keyblade just wants to confuse you.

Firstly, when Sora is first gaiven the ability to use drive forms he goes into Valor form. When he changes he is holding two keyblades, his Kingdom Key and the Starseeker. The Starseeker used to be Mickey's keyblade according to what we've seen in trailers and he also can use it in Days. How did Sora get it and why doesn't Mickey have it anymore?

Secondly, Roxas uses Oathkeeper and Oblivion when he battles Sora. At this point in KH2 Sora already has the Oathkeeper, so how could there be two.

Lastly, and possibly most interesting, in the new BbS TAV, MX, and Vanitas are all in that place with the fields of keyblades and MX says, "The ruins of many keys who took on the powers of their masters are here...". In that scene it also shows two familiar keyblades, Sleeping Lion and Fenrir. So that must mean that those two had masters before Sora. Curiously Sora got these keyblades from people who aren't even keyblade masters. My only explanation for this is that he was given the keychains for the keyblades by these people.

So what do you guys think?

Xnairb

Website
theredsquirtle.blogspot.com
Well it's not so much the keyblade itself, but it's the keychain. It was originally Yen Sid's, and he gave it to Mickey at some point in time while Mickey was training under Yen Sid. Mickey most likely gave it back to him at some point in time after BBS, and Yen Sid then gave it to Sora.

Well, this was really a fight inside Sora's consciousness, so Roxas could probably wield any keyblade that Sora had at the time. The reason he had Oblivion and Oathkeeper specifically was because Oblivion represents the memories of Riku, and Oathkeeper represents Xion/memories of Kairi

It was just to save time. I doubt they would want to create all of those keyblades. Actually, if you look closely, you can see Finrir twice.

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
Oblivion represents the memories of Riku, and Oathkeeper represents Xion/memories of Kairi

Actually, for Roxas, it's Oblivion that represents Xion, not Oathkeeper. Which is why in Days near the end you see Riku grab Oblivion and see all those memories of Xion. But for Sora, Oblivion does represent Riku and Oathkeeper Kairi (And Namine =D )

But yeah, Star Seeker was most likely a keychain, along with the rest Sora got, and not the actual Keyblade itself.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
^But all the same, when Sora was given the Star Seeker was when he obtained the second Keyblade

Syrax

he didnt actually get a second keyblade just the ability to use two at a time, Roxas had already gotten that ability and would have passed it on to Sora. i mean if you want to go into all that where do the blades even go when they aren using them? i mean they arent really carrying them around all the time they summon them.

Xnairb

Website
Actually, for Roxas, it's Oblivion that represents Xion, not Oathkeeper. Which is why in Days near the end you see Riku grab Oblivion and see all those memories of Xion. But for Sora, Oblivion does represent Riku and Oathkeeper Kairi (And Namine =D )

Yeah, I thought of that. But then I just thought that it was Xion's keyblade

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
well theres definately multiple copies of a keychain...(except for Oathkeeper...cuz that was kairi's good luck charm)...so Yen Sid has multiple copies of the Starseeker keychain

l33tm4n24

Well it's not so much the keyblade itself, but it's the keychain. It was originally Yen Sid's, and he gave it to Mickey at some point in time while Mickey was training under Yen Sid. Mickey most likely gave it back to him at some point in time after BBS, and Yen Sid then gave it to Sora.

Well, this was really a fight inside Sora's consciousness, so Roxas could probably wield any keyblade that Sora had at the time. The reason he had Oblivion and Oathkeeper specifically was because Oblivion represents the memories of Riku, and Oathkeeper represents Xion/memories of Kairi

It was just to save time. I doubt they would want to create all of those keyblades. Actually, if you look closely, you can see Finrir twice.

that leads me to the question, if the Star Seeker is just a Keychain, then what is the Keyblade Mickey is using in BbS's true form?? it isn't the IKK, since it was picked up in KH1. hmmm, the mystery deepens...

another thing is that I noticed in the TGS '09 trailer that Ven asks if the item is "Mickey's Star Fragment". Hook also says "Looks like we got a surprising extra with this shooting star!"

so is it possible Star Seeker ISN'T in Yen Sid's possesion at the beginning of BbS?

Xnairb

Website
that leads me to the question, if the Star Seeker is just a Keychain, then what is the Keyblade Mickey is using in BbS's true form?? it isn't the IKK, since it was picked up in KH1. hmmm, the mystery deepens...

Hmmmm...perhaps Mickey actually picked up the keyblade before KH1. Either that, or Mickey has two o_O

another thing is that I noticed in the TGS '09 trailer that Ven asks if the item is "Mickey's Star Fragment". Hook also says "Looks like we got a surprising extra with this shooting star!"

There is definately something special about stars in this game. I have noticed star-looking things in each stage that they have shown us so far. And Starseeker? Seeker of Stars? Nice little premonition

so is it possible Star Seeker ISN'T in Yen Sid's possesion at the beginning of BbS?

Probably not at the begining, but he aquired it during BBS most likely

l33tm4n24

Hmmmm...perhaps Mickey actually picked up the keyblade before KH1. Either that, or Mickey has two o_O

that is possible, but I recall reading he picked it up while traveling in the Realm of Darkness. now this could as well have been in BbS. or maybe he went there because of events in BbS (although not very likely as he was made King and was at Disney castle right up until the events of KH1. he has to be there for him to leave, as Donald and Goofy said. I think as Coded continues it will answer the question on Mickey obtaining IKK)

I'm glad other people besides me are noticing this :) lol

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards

He did. He originally had a Keyblade in his possestion prior to gaining one in the realm of darkness because in the Ansem Reports, Ansem The Wise stated that he met a small King holding the infamous Keyblade. Since that was roughly nearly a decade before Mickey uncovered the Kingdom Key Darkside, it is more than likely Mickey had a Keyblade prior to venturing out to get one from the realm of darkness. Mickey sought the realm of darkness to uncover a Key from that side. After all, it takes two Keyblades and two hearts from opposite sides of the door, for the door to darkness to be closed.

The Star Seeker is probably a Keyblade, since it is the only Keyblade we've seen Mickey wield that is not the Kingdom Key Darkside. Though, it is a keychain for Sora as well... This more than likely hints that the Keychains are remnants of past Keyblades, which changes Sora's Kingdom Key when attactached.

If I remember this right, the Oblivion Keychain was found in some chest in Hollow Bastion (KH1). A Keyblade opens any locks. hmm... I wonder if that keychain was sealed intentionally. Oh well, I'm getting ahead of myself here.

Silver warrior

He did. He originally had a Keyblade in his possestion prior to gaining one in the realm of darkness because in the Ansem Reports, Ansem The Wise stated that he met a small King holding the infamous Keyblade. Since that was roughly nearly a decade before Mickey uncovered the Kingdom Key Darkside, it is more than likely Mickey had a Keyblade prior to venturing out to get one from the realm of darkness. Mickey sought the realm of darkness to uncover a Key from that side. After all, it takes two Keyblades and two hearts from opposite sides of the door, for the door to darkness to be closed.

The Star Seeker is probably a Keyblade, since it is the only Keyblade we've seen Mickey wield that is not the Kingdom Key Darkside. Though, it is a keychain for Sora as well... This more than likely hints that the Keychains are remnants of past Keyblades, which changes Sora's Kingdom Key when attactached.

If I remember this right, the Oblivion Keychain was found in some chest in Hollow Bastion (KH1). A Keyblade opens any locks. hmm... I wonder if that keychain was sealed intentionally. Oh well, I'm getting ahead of myself here.

So basicly your saying that mickey has two keyblade the keyblade with the star seeker keychaine, he got wile training whit Yen Sid and kingdom key D he got to close the door to darknees,but is very strange we have never see him dual wield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back