• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So we know YMX's Identity!... Or maybe not...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
What confuses me with the whole thing is, ok, say it's just plain old YMX. So... YMX is one of the 13 darknesses? If that's the case, why didn't Xehanort just go back in time like 12 times and get a bunch of random Xehanorts from the past as opposed to going through all this trouble. Like get YMX, YMX a week later, and after that, and so on lol.

YMX also says that when you time travel you can only go in one direction with the flow of time.

So Ansem SoD recruiting YMX to do this task is the easiest, since he is the earliest Xehanort, as said by himself.
YMX goes forward in time and finds each Xehanort, although he doesn't go forward in time with each individual one of them (Since he wouldn't be able to go back in time after that).

One thing though I've been wondering, is that the MX in DDD isn't the one from BBS. YMX says MX is the latest form of Xehanort, and BBS MX is chronologically before Ansem SoD and Xemnas. So this MX is the Xehanort that reformed after Xemnas and Ansem SoD were vanquished then right?
But that should be AX....right? Not according to Yen Sid though I know.....strange really.

JustSnilloc

YMX also says that when you time travel you can only go in one direction with the flow of time.

So Ansem SoD recruiting YMX to do this task is the easiest, since he is the earliest Xehanort, as said by himself.
YMX goes forward in time and finds each Xehanort, although he doesn't go forward in time with each individual one of them (Since he wouldn't be able to go back in time after that).

One thing though I've been wondering, is that the MX in DDD isn't the one from BBS. YMX says MX is the latest form of Xehanort, and BBS MX is chronologically before Ansem SoD and Xemnas. So this MX is the Xehanort that reformed after Xemnas and Ansem SoD were vanquished then right?
But that should be AX....right? Not according to Yen Sid though I know.....strange really.

Yen Sid is obviously not well informed... He said by defeating ASoD and Xemnas - Master Xehanort would return >_> think about it...

Samhain

Bronze Member
Marx, you're so right. i too have wondered about it!

YMX did say MX was the latest Xehanort

so...we ARE fighting MX in the final battle. he's the original Xehanort, well technically YMX is but whatever

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
In any part of the game do they actually call YMX YMX?

No, Sora knows him by the "guy in the black hood" or whatever he called him.....it was only at the end, when he shows Sora pieces of the past, he says he was Xehanort, and before Riku fights him, he says he's the first Xehanort.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Too much of a cluster phoque is being made out of this. I think it's pretty clear Vanitas is whom YMX is.

He maybe one of the 13 darknesses, smone has to be filling in the spot of roxas

Caxm

No, Sora knows him by the "guy in the black hood" or whatever he called him.....it was only at the end, when he shows Sora pieces of the past, he says he was Xehanort, and before Riku fights him, he says he's the first Xehanort.

He could just be saying that he is the first to be turned into Xehanort.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
He could just be saying that he is the first to be turned into Xehanort.

Except he says he is the Xehanort from the farthest in the past, and that Ansem SoD went back in time from when AX split into him and Xemnas, to recruit his past self into finding forms of Xehanort throughout time.

So yes, YMX is in fact YMX. All evidence points to him being the true YMX.

But there's still the one scene with Vanitas that made no sense. So if anything, he could be sheltering his heart just like Sora is for Ven, but who knows.
Nothing has been set in stone yet.

Also something to note, is that he doesn't call himself Xehanort. He only refers to himself as being the first Xehanort.
Saying he "was" Xehanort, not that he "is" Xehanort.

Caxm

Except he says he is the Xehanort from the farthest in the past, and that Ansem SoD went back in time from when AX split into him and Xemnas, to recruit his past self into finding forms of Xehanort throughout time.

But there's still the one scene with Vanitas that made no sense. So if anything, he could be sheltering his heart just like Sora is for Ven, but who knows.

Also something to note, is that he doesn't call himself Xehanort. He only refers to himself as being the first Xehanort.

I bet he truly believes that. Doesn't mean it is true. MF (YMX) could have been someone that was Xehanortified to the point where they truly believe to be him.

Absolute

Ugh, I was hoping this wasn't the case. I would like it where all the Xehanort of 13 Darkness were just current bodies Xehanortified and no time travel involved.

Straythe

But different "forms" means "turned people" too.

We know he's counting Terranort ( that will bite him in the ass though, since Terra will eventually get the upperhand ), Braiganort and Isanort within the 13. Sora would have been one too.

Though... Is Terranort really back ? He can't be if Xemnas and Ansem have been taken from the past... Just like MX can't take Terranort from the past or Xemnas and Ansem would not exist, making Ansem's time travel impossible, paradox much.

But since he states he has Terra somewhere within the 13, I wonder in what shape.

Samhain

Bronze Member
idk about "Terranort" but i am positive that this Xehanort form will be back:

ix8gub.jpg

d_fallen_1

That form of xehanort would be Xemnas. The body of a special nobody doesn't change (except sora) it merely lives on without a heart. Therefore Xemnas is an older Terra. For awhile i really thought terranort returned as Xemnas but once the confirmation of time travel was applied it pretty much went out the door.
Now im not convince the whole matter of time travel as a true essential power but rather considering we are in the dream realm, this variant of xehanort would be a alternative version. Think about it. All this time we've been travelling to different points in time within a dream. Interacting and perhaps altering the fates of those in the dream. Likewise perhaps ansem went to the realm of sleep "back in time" and make the xehanort be commended to time travel instead of the darkness. Because he already doesn't exist to begin with time travelling various points in time in the dream realm. This can't be a linear cycle in reality. Fate hasn't been rewritten. Especially because he changed yx fate are we expecting he will be split to two in the future? No.
The dream realm is a universe of many possibilities. I would even suspect the xehanorts in time in a dream would fine a way to exist in the real world. A clue to that possibility comes in the epilogue when sora meets with his companions in the dream. Is it applied he will use them in his future travels? Me. Who knows.

In actuality im just trying to make sense of it all. :/

Straythe

No they said Ansem SoD really went back in time.

But does that mean every time he took someone from the past, it was from alternate universe ?

It's the only way apprentice Xehanort ( or Terranort ) can come back while Xemnas exists. And we know he thinks Terra is on his side, I'm not sure he means Xemnas ( though it would be interesting if he grew back Terra's heart, to his own surprise ) but rather Terranort. He's the first " xehanortification " that we know of, even though he's also the only one who was strong enough to overcome MX before he used the keyblade to seal their hearts.

It would make sense for him to be here but it has so many plot hole related problems.

If Terranort comes from the past, the whole time travel is impossible, but if he's from the present, it's still somewhat impossible since Ansem and Xemnas have been saved. But I guess they went the alternate universe way.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
:i have a question in 3d young master xhenort is voiced by the same va as riku. That has to mean somthing. However in bbs he is voiced by the same va as Terra.

Samhain

Bronze Member
where r ppl getting that "Apprentice Xehanort" the pic i provided above is just a younger version of "Xemnas" and "Xemnas" in the older version of that form?

Straythe

Because Xemnas is not similar to Terra ( or just as much as ymx by the way ), while it's supposed to be his body and face.

But the 3D models of Terra ( used for Xehanort the apprentice ) and Xemnas don't share the same eyes, hair, nose, and mouth. That's a lot. So they assumed, since Zexion did age, that Xemnas' différences were because He aged a bit.

Since that Xemnas had to grow a heart back, it might be the 3 in 1 special heart or just one or a new one.. Anyway his origin is Xehanort the apprentice.

Look at Lea, he's like Axel. Though when he was born as Axel he had no heart.

Samhain

Bronze Member
Sure "Xemnas" aged but looking @ Xemnas and Apprentice Xehanort:

They look a bit different.

Xemnas looks different from Apprentice Xehanort because of the fusion between MX & Terra not because Xemnas "aged".
and im still positive that the apprentice xehanort will be back.

are you saying that the "Xemnas" we have now is just the body, soul, heart of the original Apprentice Xehanort but just "aged? idk if thats true but it can be possible.

nobodies can age now. thats the only way nomura can explain his bs mess he created with Ienzo/Zexion

Straythe

An I edited my post before your answer.

As I said, if Lea is any indication, Xemnas should share A LOT with Xehanort apprentice. And Nobodies Use the body, which is Terra's, MX should have no influence there...

Also, Xehanort apprentice has Terra's face, and Mickey still recognized Xemnas as Xehanort.

But probably thanks to... The hair. ( and I agree with you about YMX s striking resemblance to Terra, hard to believe they look so similar even though there are some differences )

My guess : just inconsistent 3D models. Nomura said Terra's apparence was decided long ago before BBS, so obviously he meant Xemnas. Even though they clearly don't look the same. But remember even Xehanort the apprentice's face has been retconned, they changed his model to give him Terra's face. But Xemnas was a little too iconic to just change his face. ( and I guess Terra would look too evil with those big eyes ), so that's why they assume age might have change him a bit... ( though, the first Terranort looked like Xemnas... I guess the evil eyes help a lot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back