• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So, Is Xion the next Kairi?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seiramu

Dude Xion sucks she's like a fcking Mary Sue: Emo girl character that has connections to Sora/Kairi and also weilds the keyblade that comes out of nowhere, we didn't even hear of her in the novels or earlier games wtf. SHE'S SO ORIGINAL AMIRITE?

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Dude Xion sucks she's like a fcking Mary Sue: Emo girl character that has connections to Sora/Kairi and also weilds the keyblade that comes out of nowhere, we didn't even hear of her in the novels or earlier games wtf. SHE'S SO ORIGINAL AMIRITE?

So far I see her with connections to Axel, Roxas and Riku o_o
And seeing how the game hasn't even be released yet, I think it's too fast to judge her as a person stick to being hopeful due to her being written by Watanabe.
You said you thought the same about Namine but was proved wrong, didn't you? Or was that someone else? Either way don't be so extreme about her until we get to see the games.
And of course she'd seem emo, we only got to see parts from the plot about her D: Roxas looks emo too after Days but I can't blame him because he's been through a lot.
They're not emo, they're depressed.

Seiramu

And seeing how the game hasn't even be released yet, I think it's too fast to judge her as a person stick to being hopeful due to her being written by Watanabe.
You said you thought the same about Namine but was proved wrong, didn't you? Or was that someone else? Either way don't be so extreme about her until we get to see the games.
And of course she'd seem emo, we only got to see parts from the plot about her D: Roxas looks emo too after Days but I can't blame him because he's been through a lot.
She has connections to Sora and Kairi because she said it herself: She wants to be with two people (because she is probably some kind of Kairi-character and since Kairi was with two guys, she wants to be with Roxas and Axel, that's what I think), she talks with Riku about Kairi and Sora and stuff like that and she looks like Kairi also i don't think she could have any connection to other people other than Sora and Kairi. I never thought anything like that about Naminé...? Dunno where you got that from.

And about the emo thing, I've seen that so many times: Cloud, Leon (dunno if he was emo in FFVIII but he's very silent and shit), Riku, Roxas, Naminé, Neku ....ENOUGH ALREADY.

Ren

adios motherfucker

You can't judge whether someone's a Mary Sue until you've seen their character. A Mary Sue is, essentially, a lack of one. I honestly thought she was going to fill out to be a Mary Sue, but at least I gave her the benefit of the doubt and ended up admiring her. All I can hope is that Watanabe won't disappoint (which I don't even need to hold my breath for).
Go devote that Mary Sue hate to Kairi instead.

Axie

Sleeping on the couch at the usual spot until such

I'm the one with the 'Sue complex on Namine. But I don't hate a single character in KH (not even Ansem, and I really wish I did), and I'm already obsessed with Xion and want to know everything about her. I'm interested to see how Watanabe's going to keep her from being a 'Sue, because the way things stand, I would have a hard time with it.

Assuming she turns out amazing, though, that's going to be SUCH a kick in the pants to all those Wannabe Miss XIV 'Sues out there.

Seiramu

Ren
My opinion won't change. At least at the moment. I'll know for sure what to think of her when I play the game, but right now she looks like a Mary Sue character to me. And I used to hate Kairi, but I don't anymore. I don't have a reason to hate her. Most people say she's useless. Well fuck that, if I was kidnapped and shit I would probably be useless as well.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
She has connections to Sora and Kairi because she said it herself: She wants to be with two people (because she is probably some kind of Kairi-character and since Kairi was with two guys, she wants to be with Roxas and Axel, that's what I think), she talks with Riku about Kairi and Sora and stuff like that and she looks like Kairi also i don't think she could have any connection to other people other than Sora and Kairi. I never thought anything like that about Naminé...? Dunno where you got that from.

She doesn't seem to have her Memories. The only thing she has to go by is her looks, of course she'd ask about Kairi - it doesn't mean the connection is there. Who knows, maybe she was engeneered like that to somehow affect Roxas? And in the newest scans she looks a lot more like Aqua then Kairi.
Her joining the Org before CoM also makes her connections to Sora seem even less likely - where would it have came from? When he turned Heartless? I pray that's not so.

And about the emo thing, I've seen that so many times: Cloud, Leon (dunno if he was emo in FFVIII but he's very silent and shit), Riku, Roxas, Naminé ....ENOUGH ALREADY.

Riku isn't emo, he's a bitch. Roxas isn't emo, he has a good reason for that. Leon in KH2 isn't emo, and being silent isn't emo either; I dare say he's not emo in KH1 either. Namine's the closest to being emo here, but again, I can't really blame her, because it's not like she goes "AW LAWL LIFE SUCKS /wrist" without reason.
Besides, you said so yourself - you saw it. Me disagreeing with you for the most part aside, we didn't see Xion at all.

Most people say she's useless. Well fuck that, if I was kidnapped and shit I would probably be useless as well.

...........it's the "having no other point in the game but to be kidnapped that bugs people, not the actual kidnapping. That's forgivable... once. When that's all she does, though...

Axie

You can't judge whether someone's a Mary Sue until you've seen their character. A Mary Sue is, essentially, a lack of one. I honestly thought she was going to fill out to be a Mary Sue, but at least I gave her the benefit of the doubt and ended up admiring her. All I can hope is that Watanabe won't disappoint (which I don't even need to hold my breath for).
Go devote that Mary Sue hate to Kairi instead.

Kairi is just a template. I actually don't consider her a Mary Sue, more like a placeholder for Xion, as I think someone said earlier. A Mary Sue is generally pretty developed, just...in all the wrong ways. Like, super powers, super looks, super being, super HEART, super superness, and general infallibility all around. Wherever there ARE flaws, they AREN'T her fault, and they only serve as angst fuel.

Ren

adios motherfucker
Ren
My opinion won't change. At least at the moment. I'll know for sure what to think of her when I play the game, but right now she looks like a Mary Sue character to me. And I used to hate Kairi, but I don't anymore. I don't have a reason to hate her. Most people say she's useless. Well fuck that, if I was kidnapped and shit I would probably be useless as well.

Oh no, I don't expect it to change at all. It's kind of hard to not learn when someone's opinion of a character isn't going to change. And I had the same opinion as you before, so I can see where you're coming from.
I'm just saying that it's harsh to already label her as someone not worthy of your support when she has so much potential to be better than some certain character. I'd just rather start off liking a character and then end up disliking them, rather than start off hating them from the very beginning. It makes it easier to see things from both sides.

Kairi is just a template. I actually don't consider her a Mary Sue, more like a placeholder for Xion, as I think someone said earlier. A Mary Sue is generally pretty developed, just...in all the wrong ways. Like, super powers, super looks, super being, super HEART, super superness, and general infallibility all around. Wherever there ARE flaws, they AREN'T her fault, and they only serve as angst fuel.

It's the fault of the person who wrote her, but that ends up making the character take the brunt of the hate.
Kairi's pretty much Mary Sue material.
She's got all the things you've listed without ever giving me a reason to approve of her.

This is coming from someone who actually liked Kairi in the beginning. I'll admit I liked her because I didn't mind how 'perfect' she was. I accepted her because I was waiting for her to prove herself. Guess what didn't happen?

Seiramu

Oh no, I don't expect it to change at all. It's kind of hard to not learn when someone's opinion of a character isn't going to change. And I had the same opinion as you before, so I can see where you're coming from.
I'm just saying that it's harsh to already label her as someone not worthy of your support when she has so much potential to be better than some certain character. I'd just rather start off liking a character and then end up disliking them, rather than start off hating them from the very beginning. It makes it easier to see things from both sides.

Why do you think it won't change? My opinion of Kairi changed, didn't it? Before KH2 got released I hated Roxas too because I thought he was a stupid chracter that was a Sora-wanabe etc etc. After playing KH2 he became my fav character. I used to hate Naminé but I love her now! I hated Axel's face at first but after playing KH2 for a bit longer, I started to like it (lol) a lot and now I fap whenever I see him. So yeah... my opinion can always change.

And also, I think it's better to dislike a character then like it at first. Because when the character really does suck, you won't be dissapointed whaha

Ren

adios motherfucker
Why do you think it won't change? My opinion of Kairi changed, didn't it? Before KH2 got released I hated Roxas too because I thought he was a stupid chracter that was a Sora-wanabe etc etc. After playing KH2 he became my fav character. I used to hate Naminé but I love her now! I hated Axel's face at first but after playing KH2 for a bit longer, I started to like it (lol) a lot and now I fap whenever I see him. So yeah... my opinion can always change.

I'm talking about being convinced on the forums.
Do you not notice how often threads like these turn into ridiculous flaming wars that R-K has to close? :/
I have no doubt that people could be swayed by the game itself.

And also, I think it's better to dislike a character then like it at first. Because when the character really does suck, you won't be dissapointed whaha

Touche?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
A Mary Sue is generally pretty developed, just...in all the wrong ways. Like, super powers, super looks, super being, super HEART, super superness, and general infallibility all around. Wherever there ARE flaws, they AREN'T her fault, and they only serve as angst fuel.

Super HEART would be her being a PoH. The rest would be KH2-Kairi XD

NEVER show such weakness to the enemy! D:<

And personally, I think it's better to come with a positive opinion even if it's not the most based thing in the world. You might still be disappointed in the long run (Kairi ;_; </3) but on the other hand, it will get you more open to the better qualities of the character and somewhat more forgiving towards the small quirks that deserve to be forgotten (oh Sora, you little goofball <3)

Ren

adios motherfucker
NEVER show such weakness to the enemy! D:<

That's what they think! >:D
Two-sided arguments never work out in the end. Which is why I'm ending that there, seeing as how she just sees things in the reverse order.

And personally, I think it's better to come with a positive opinion even if it's not the most based thing in the world. You might still be disappointed in the long run (Kairi ;_;

Definitely.
It's just like with people. If you think badly about someone from the beginning, who says you're going to give them the chance they deserve?

Axie

Definitely.
It's just like with people. If you think badly about someone from the beginning, who says you're going to give them the chance they deserve?

I dunno, it works both ways. I did NOT want to like Namine, she waltzed in out of nowhere and completely threw off my feng shui, but in the end she was just too awesome a character not to like. Pull the same stunt, Xion, and you won't be sacrificed to the yaoi fangirls like Kairi.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I dunno, it works both ways. I did NOT want to like Namine, she waltzed in out of nowhere and completely threw off my feng shui, but in the end she was just too awesome a character not to like. Pull the same stunt, Xion, and you won't be sacrificed to the yaoi fangirls like Kairi.

The proper SoRiku fangirls don't care much about Kairi. The irony - hating Kairi because she comes in between SoRiku is saying that she can >: which is in turn degrading to SoRiku's relationship (friendship or more) which is the relationship that makes KH go round even.

I'm not saying it's impossible to like a character when you don't want to; I'm just saying it's sweeter if it comes true when you were hopeful. Sometimes it's worth the risk of it being more bitter because you were disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back