• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So, how are Command Styles and Drive Form going to coincide?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wottles

Nomura's confirmed that both are in KH3. So unless he sees no distinction between the two and considers them one and the same, I'm kinda curious how these two effective playstyle changes are going to exist without being, you know, redundant.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I'm sure it'll work the same as in 0.2, meaning you will get a prompt to press triangle to activate a Command Style

Wottles

I don't mean how they're activated. But them exisiting alongside each other.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I don't mean how they're activated. But them exisiting alongside each other.
Oh…well, I don't know either. This game is filled with stuff, I wonder how they will balance everything out, but I'm sure they will be able to.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I don't think Nomura has said Command Styles will be in KH3?

Unless you're thinking of Keyblade Transformations? Command Styles are only in 0.2.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Unless you're thinking of Keyblade Transformations? Command Styles are only in 0.2.

This. They might possibly be included in KH III somehow, but not as an available asset for Sora in particular.

If Aqua (or Terra or Ven or all three) might be playable or be party members for some parts of KH III then they might have Command Styles instead of the Drives, which would actually be a good thing as it would make characters more unique.

---

Also @Muke, congrats for turning silver. ;D

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Imagine all the different possibilities with the different playable characters ohhh boy. Command Styles would be great for TAV but I agree that Sora probably won't have them anyways.

Muke

whatever
Awards
This. They might possibly be included in KH III somehow, but not as an available asset for Sora in particular.

If Aqua (or Terra or Ven or all three) might be playable or be party members for some parts of KH III then they might have Command Styles instead of the Drives, which would actually be a good thing as it would make characters more unique.

---

Also @Muke, congrats for turning silver. ;D
I agree, if we do get to play as every character (or at least the main Trios), TAV should get Command Styles instead of Drives. :)
Thank you very much!

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards

That would be so cool, a good way to make them stand out, and also use the different battle systems the series has had. I'm not a fan of command styles at all, but it would work well like that, if it's only for a little while. It would also help make TAV feel more like they have their own thing, that they come from a different time in a way, and were trained differently.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Imagine all the different possibilities with the different playable characters ohhh boy. Command Styles would be great for TAV but I agree that Sora probably won't have them anyways.

I do imagine, I do, lol.

Sora doesn't need to have everything that is possible, that is the crucial point. He's already coming over as vastly overpowered in some veins yet again like in KH 2 anyways.

I agree, if we do get to play as every character (or at least the main Trios), TAV should get Command Styles instead of Drives. :)
Thank you very much!

I mean, they already developed the whole way down for Aqua in the same engine as KH III, so why let that go to waste?
Terra's and Ventus' styles are also distinct enough that one can do something unique with it like i.e. Terra having many very heavy hitting, earth based moves that while slow, pack really a punch or Ventus being speed based with many wind and light moves incorporated into his extended combos.

^__^

That would be so cool, a good way to make them stand out, and also use the different battle systems the series has had. I'm not a fan of command styles at all, but it would work well like that, if it's only for a little while. It would also help make TAV feel more like they have their own thing, that they come from a different time in a way, and were trained differently.

Exactly, the more "annoying" aspects of the Command Styles (as in activating uncontrollable and interrupting battle flow) seem to be remedied in 0.2 anyways as apparently when the conditions to activate a Command Style are met you get a prompt to push triangle if you want to activate the Style, so if you don't want to change into it you probably just need to not push the button.

It is generally a better thing to make different major characters stand out from each other and everyone having their unique battle styles and some personal abilities and weapons.
That's also why I can't stand the constant motions and proposals to give Sora access to every last technique, weapon and ability around like i.e. "Sora should get Keyblade armor", "Sora should get a glider", "Sora should get the command styles of TAV", "Sora should get the Keyblades of TAV/Eraqus/the Foretellers" bla bla bla, you get the gist.
No, Sora should not get anything of that, period.

I remember Yasue stating in an interview regarding 0.2 how they were designing Aqua to have a unique playstyle by going with some keywords they choose beforehand, the same can be done easily with Terra and Ven (who are at least implied to have a very different style compared to Sora) and it would honestly being a shame to let all that creativity and potential go to waste, Sora/Donald/Goofy-only-purists be damned!

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I took the unveiling of Drive forms as a confirmation that the transformations could only be used with Drives.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I took the unveiling of Drive forms as a confirmation that the transformations could only be used with Drives.
The Keyblade transformations? But that wouldn't make any sense if you ask me, we saw Sora activate them without transforming.
Okay, one can say "but they didn't want to reveal it yet!"… but... nah.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
The Keyblade transformations? But that wouldn't make any sense if you ask me, we saw Sora activate them without transforming.
You can't really count too heavily on trailers of a game in development. Especially one that hasn't had new footage in like two years.

After the 2015 trailer, Nomura said in an interview that Drive Forms were currently being considered to be brought back. It's truly quite possible that they didn't decide how they would be implemented until after that.

Last edited:

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

Those trailers had a fake hud and also didn't show how he was activating the transformations. KH trailers always have early weirdness. The first KH3D trailer had Sora and Riku fighting Heartless, and there was a screenshot of Sora fighting the Twilight Thorn in Traverse Town, but we didn't end up with any of that.

Having Sora specifically use transformations in tandem with Drive Forms will be lucrative in making transformations seem like a special commodity as opposed to something you can always bust out.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
I don't like the idea of keyblade transformations activating only with drive forms,especially since i have a hard time seeing every keyblade having a corresponding drive form,unless KH3 ends up having the least amount of keyblades in the series.

Wottles

Strange, cause this interview right here blatantly says otherwise.

Dengeki Interviews Tetsuya Nomura on KINGDOM HEARTS 2.8, KH3 - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider
—There are also elements from KHBBS like Style Changes (Command Style) and Shotlocks.
Nomura: Those two will also be adopted in KH3, but KH0.2 is actually a little different from both KH3 and KHBBS. In KH3, too, triggering them will be optional, but Style Changes will be fundamentally dependent on the Keyblade. In KH0.2 they are dependent on Aqua herself, so it's like a KHBBS hybrid. With Shotlocks, there are more things you can do with them in KH3, and in KH0.2 they're closer to KHBBS.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I don't like the idea of keyblade transformations activating only with drive forms,especially since i have a hard time seeing every keyblade having a corresponding drive form,unless KH3 ends up having the least amount of keyblades in the series.

It wouldn't work like that.
It would go more along the vibe that each Drive Form triggers a different transformation of each available Keyblade according to a certain theme.
I.e. Defense Form transforming all Keyblades into something defense related like a shield, a helmet, a protective gauntlet etc. while "Shoot Form" would transform each Keyblade into some sort of projectile weapon.

One could even incorporate Sora activating Keyblade Transformations in "normal" mode with that as each Keyblade would have a single, unique Transformation that can only be used while in normal form while additional, different Transformations of the same blade can only be used with the new Drives.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
That sounds a lot better...kept on seeing people from other sites assuming that you could only activate Keyblade transformations now while only in a drive form.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
each Drive Form triggers a different transformation of each available Keyblade according to a certain theme..
tho it puts into question the picture of the Power Form. They blurred it out because it was based on a Keyblade for an unannounced world, but if every Keyblade can turn into the Power Form, hypothetically, then why wouldn't they just use a Keyblade we had already seen? Make it seem like certain drives are tied to certain transformations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back