• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► SnowMan; A Fanfic Collaboration

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
excellent chap D. impresive as expected. hehe you said Titus instead of Tidus near the end there. hehe.

Aqua

This was a great chapter. I especially liked how Sora tried to explain what happened without telling the other three too much.

Deeman

out of order
Awards
Website
www.khinsider.com
Tidus stood like a rock, still gazing into the sky.

"What... just... happened?" He managed to stutter, falling to the earth.

But suddenly, he whipped around and faced the text of this fiction. "Well, hey there Yunie!" He exclaimed, smiling. "It appears this text loves you!"

Smirking to himself, he looked back up at the text. "I'm sure Deeman will try to make this text more interesting for you from now on, 'kay?"

His face darkened. "Right, Deeman?"

Suddenly, I realized I was put on the hotspot. "Oh, uh, sure! Yeah, by all means, the text and Yunie are.. perfect for each other!"

Mustering a small grin, I creep back into the shadows, allowing the story to continue. Tidus, on the other hand, continues to smile at the text. That is, until, the producer of this fiction slaps him in the face, and they start the act all over again.

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc

But suddenly, he whipped around and faced the text of this fiction. "Well, hey there Yunie!" He exclaimed, smiling. "It appears this text loves you!"

Smirking to himself, he looked back up at the text. "I'm sure Deeman will try to make this text more interesting for you from now on, 'kay?"

Suddenly, I realized I was put on the hotspot. "Oh, uh, sure! Yeah, by all means, the text and Yunie are.. perfect for each other!"

Mustering a small grin, I creep back into the shadows, allowing the story to continue. Tidus, on the other hand, continues to smile at the text. That is, until, the producer of this fiction slaps him in the face, and they start the act all over again.

... I lol'd. xD

Hai everyone. Continue to bask in the beauty of Dee's writing; the chapter's gonna be a few days.

<3

Gullwing Yunie

perfectFIT//
Website
freckleyunie.deviantart.com

LOL!

Dee, you are AWESOME! =D

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
Chapter's done. =D

Chapter 12

“He was a shape-shifter,” the man replied bluntly, speaking in a tone that seemed to suggest he considered himself intellectually superior to the silver-haired intruder. “Implyin’ he changed shape. I ain’t psychic. I don’t know his real form.”

Riku growled, gritting his teeth together as he reminded himself that he had to remain calm. Throwing a tantrum at this arrogant man wasn’t the best plan of action to say the least. Taking a deep breath, gulping back the crisp, fresh air, he controlled himself.

“Well…” he sighed.

He rubbed his temples before describing Gilgamesh’s true form - not the awkward young man he’d posed as. Kairi piped in, too, helping Riku fill in the gaps. The man seemed to give them a chance; he stood still and silent as they explained, his expression changing, expressing the interest he held.

He nodded slowly, his expression somewhat disbelieving.

“How did you know?” he asked, his words sombre. He immediately thought the worst. “Did he send you here?!” His face furrowed at the second outburst, resuming his aggressive stance.

“No,” Riku insisted, moving forward. “He attacked our friend. He cast some weird vortex to get away, and… we sorta fell into it.” The man fell silent at these words, raising an eyebrow, and lowering his arm.

“Why did he attack your friend?” he asked quietly, looking intently at Riku.

“My friend possesses the Key-” Riku suddenly stopped mid-sentence, correcting himself. “Sorry. My friend possesses an incredibly powerful weapon. Gilgamesh made it very clear that it was why he was there.” Kairi nodded slowly, breathing a forlorn sigh as she remembered Sora; all alone on the islands. She quickly snapped out of this thought, looking back at their attacker.

Rubbing his chin, he released a long breath, holding his arm at his side.

“One last question,” he said, his brow deep. “Answer this and I’ll stop it. What was his name?” Kairi breathed softly before responding for Riku.

“Gilgamesh,” she replied, holding her free hand to her cheek.

The man looked blankly at her before returning an assured, single nod. The conviction in the young girl’s bright, azure eyes was enough to reassure him further; such crystal clear eyes would not be able to hide the truth.

“Alright,” he commented, beneath his breath. From the less aggressive expression upon his face - and his more relaxed body language - it appeared, thankfully, that he believed the story of the intruders. “Looks like we ran into the same guy.”

An awkward moment passed, in which nothing was said, and nothing was done.

“You say you two fell through his vortex, or somethin’?” the man suddenly commented. He seemed curious about the entire matter; as if this had affected him personally. Riku thought better of replying with another question, and so, politely responded.

“Yes,” he murmured, feeling more comfortable with getting closer to the man at this point. All of the tingling threat in the atmosphere had subsided, and, although things were awkward at that moment, he sensed no reason to draw away. Casting Kairi a comforting smile, he then looked to the man to continue. “He tried to teleport away, but we fell into his vortex before he could escape.” A sigh fell from his pursed lips. “And as far as we know, he’s still there, attacking our friend.”

The man nodded solemnly. Now that they were not in the heat of battle, he appeared a different man. His long, brown hair fell messy about his shoulders, his dark eyes fixed upon the man speaking to him. Tanned skin marred with various battle scars, he gave the appearance of a brave warrior. He wore black trousers, tight to his legs, tucked into large working boots. A cape was swathed about his shoulders, over a greyish vest.

“That’s rough,” he replied quietly, hands at his hips. “I’m sure your friend will be alright. You said he had a powerful weapon, right?”

Riku nodded, attempting to emulate such a positive outlook.

“I guess so,” he commented, forcing a smile. A thought struck him. “Oh, Kairi, you better give him his sword back.”

Kairi looked to Riku for reassurance before moving closer to the man. He smiled graciously at her as she approached, taking the sword from her carefully.

“Thanks,” he said to her, before looking back to Riku. “What are your names?”

“I’m Riku,” he replied, “and this is Kairi.”

“Great,” the man smirked. “I’m Halberd. Good to meet you both. Sorry I jumped you like that.”

Hearing a shout in the distance, Halberd shushed Riku as he opened his mouth to speak. Another shout sounded.

“I’ll take you back to the village,” he announced, seemingly recognising the shouts. “Seein’ as you’re new around here. It’s safer to stay there.”

Riku nodded, before asking another question.

“Will you tell us about Gilgamesh, too?” he asked. Halberd nodded, sweeping his hair from his shoulders.

“Course,” he smiled. “Now, follow me.”

With that, off he began to stride, leaving Riku and Kairi to follow behind.

After a short time, he met up with two other men; judging from their stature, clothing, and weaponry, it was clear that they, too, held the same occupation as Halberd. The man introduced them all, and, although the men found Riku and Kairi a little suspicious, they quickly came around. The three walked ahead, while Riku and Kairi lagged behind.

“What do you think of him?” Riku whispered to her, keeping close to her side. She shrugged.

“After the battle, he seemed nice,” she smiled, watching him as he walked. “He seems like a different person now. I think he was just scared that we were here to hurt people like Gilgamesh was.”

Walking alongside her, Riku agreed, his hands sinking into his pockets. A sigh emanated from him as an earlier thought returned.

“You think Sora’s okay?” he asked quietly, hiding his fraught expression with his hair. The thought of him losing to Gilgamesh did not bear thinking about. Kairi sighed similarly, her smile falling a little.

“I think so,” she whispered, holding her hands together anxiously. “But, I mean, I don’t know why he’s fighting Gilgamesh in the first place. He should just give him the Keyblade.”

Thinking similarly, Riku responded; though, he did not agree.

“I know what you’re thinking,” he commented, “but I’m a little unsure about that. You’d think he could summon the Keyblade back himself, but…”

“But?”

“Gilgamesh’s portal seems different to all others I’ve used,” he said quietly. “It hasn’t been used to send us to another world; it seems much farther than that. It seems like we’re in a different dimension.”

Kairi blinked, her blue eyes filling with concern.

“But we’ll be able to find him again, right?” she whispered, voice cracking.

Riku shrugged, unable to find an answer to reassure her. The two fell silent as they reached the small village.

A cluster of wooden houses stood beneath the tall trees, wisps of smoke rising to the highest branches from the little chimneys. It mixed with the fresh scent of pine. A few people noticed the group approaching, but, despite seeing the newcomers, did not say anything. They obviously trusted Halberd and the other men.

Reaching a cabin, Halberd turned to them, wearing a weak smile.

“This is where you’re gonna stay,” he said. “We’ll get some stuff for you to sleep here.” He opened the door for them as they thanked him.

It was fairly roomy. A large table and some chairs stood in the centre of the room. A few candles were dotted around - it was beginning to dawn on Riku and Kairi that this place had no power source - as was a small sculpture upon the table. Green curtains hung upon the two windows at either side. There was no wallpaper, simply the logs that this cabin had been constructed with.

“This place is nice,” Kairi commented softly. Halberd nodded, folding his arms.

“Yup,” he said, with a smile. “Hope you don’t mind sleepin’ on the floor.”

“No,” Riku replied for them both. They had spent many nights sleeping on the island; without the luxury of a bed.

“Good,” Halberd laughed. “It’s so close to evening that we’d have trouble finding’ a bed!” Kairi tilted her head at this comment.

“Evening?” she whispered. “I thought it was morning, or something. There was dew on the ground, and the sunlight seemed so…”

“Nope,” Halberd shook his head, an eyebrow raised. “It’s always like that, no matter the time of day…” He pointed to the window, where the light outside appeared unexpectedly dim. “It’s gettin’ dark right now.”

“Wow,” she breathed, before casting him a smile.

“All the more reason to be quick,” he smiled back. “I need to get home early if you don’t mind. The men will be back with your sleepin’ stuff soon enough.” Dismissing the men, he closed the door, before taking a place at the table. “Now, you wanted to talk about Gilgamesh. I can explain some of this tonight but I gotta go soon. I‘ll say the rest tomorrow mornin’.”

Riku and Kairi seated themselves at the opposite side of the wooden table.

“It was a month or so ago now,” he mused, beginning to tell his story. “We had a few guards out, just to protect the village from wild animals. One of ‘em ran into a beautiful young girl, which was kinda odd, considering it was so late. She said she was lost so they brought her back here.”

Kairi nodded, placing her hands upon the gnarled tabletop. This room was incredibly rustic. Riku remained motionless, gaze fixed upon Halberd’s face.

“On their way back, they ran into Lance,” he continued. “Lance is the strongest guy in the village; hell, I’d say, even in the world. They say he has an enchanted sword. Now, I dunno about that, but when this young woman saw it, she couldn’t stay away from it. She kept askin’ Lance to see it, and to hold it, but he refused - seein’ as he’s a vain guy.” He rested his arms on the table. “She couldn’t take his refusing. Before we knew what was going on, she’d transformed into this beast - Gilgamesh - and was fighting with him. A lot of people got caught in the battle, seein’ as it started so fast.”

“That’s awful,” Kairi whispered. “Were they okay?” At least on Destiny Island, there weren’t any people around to be hurt; but, a fight in a village like this one would be an entirely different story, it seemed.

Halberd sighed.

“Some were, and some weren’t,” he explained solemnly. “Two people died, and a few of ‘em were injured.”

Riku furrowed his brow, angered at Gilgamesh‘s actions. All the more reason to find him and get rid of him.

“Luckily, we got a whole bunch of guards out,” Halberd said, “before Gilgamesh could get away with Lance’s sword. He was cowardly, and retreated into a vortex - like the one you were mentionin’.”

“That’s what he was trying to do when we fell through,” Riku remarked. “Seems like he’s a real coward when it comes to fighting. He thinks he can steal the weapons, but when he sees how strong the owners are, he tries to get away.”

“Definitely,” Halberd commented.

Hearing a knock at the door, he called the visitors in. It was the two men, back with the supplies for the guests.

“Thanks,” Halberd said to them, before rising from his chair. He moved towards the door. “I’ll be back in the mornin’. I won’t lock the door or anythin’; I trust ya. Got it?”

Riku nodded with a beam, thanking him for the help. With that, Halberd closed the door, leaving them for the night.

<3

Last edited:

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
wow, what a good chap, no scratch that great chap, no wait, awesome chapter. longest one i read of any fic here.
brilliant Snow as expected.

hehe...why did halberd ask what his name was when riku already mentioned gilgameshes name?

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
yo this is average for you Snow?
well im not surprised, your the best writer here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back