• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Smile's take on Unbirths

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Garlock

Did I ever tell you I love red?
The way i see Kh is think about what it is.
Its the hearts of those who gave themselves to darkness.

To me i think thats leep has to do with it.
We know that sleep is important.
Maybe when you sleep you awaken a new state of mind like enlightenment in some cases.
To me an unbirth is probably something as simple as a tainted soul.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
So you're saying Unbirths are the result, or the memories themselves being ripped out from one's self? I wonder what happens to the ex-sense of self..unless you're saying that that is what the Unbirths are. Sounds pretty cool if it's the latter.

Well, it sounds a lot like most Unbirth theories, "unbirths are memories taking a form".

How would the memories be taken out of the people? The darkness erodes it or something?

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Well, it doesn't really explain why they are no longer around, or how exactly they can be imagined as an ancestor/starting point toward the Heartless/Nobodies.

It would effectively be the same process, only applying to the Memories instead of the Heart itself. "Surgically" removing a piece from the being to create a new 'enemy', while leaving the Being itself otherwise 'unavailable'. It's what you're applying the process to that has changed from Unbirths and into Heartless.
As to what happened - this theory doesn't deal with it at this moment. I tend to take BBS as a 'rule breaker'. The rules of the game before it are not what they were after it. That much is a given to us all by now.

To be totally honest i think people overthink this one. >_>
Look at the logic of the situation.
An unbirth was the gateway to our heartless buddies.
And they are not not existant.

Nice 'logic', mind telling me what you're basing it on?
I'd say that if they lack the Heart, they're non-existent.

chex

I just read your the old theory about Dreams. Do you think this is why, in KH1, sora was asleep and woke up on the beach?

Captain Garlock

Did I ever tell you I love red?
Nice 'logic', mind telling me what you're basing it on?

I dont get what your asking exactly rephrase.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
NO SPOILING DAYS KTHXBAI

On to business.

Because I like this too much to not post it, and I do need to start up a tiny collection of BBS threads to later go "TOLD YOU SO" over (expect a thread about that once Days is released in English, kekeke).

So here it is.

SufferingAngel/Rain/Smile's official take on Unbirths

Now, this might ring familiar to quite a few of you, and it only makes sense. Quite a bit of this I covered in an old theory of mine, which can be found here:

http://forums.khinsider.com/future-kingdom-hearts/111745-dream-little-dream-unbirth-theory.html

The urge for this came from a discussion on my user page about the Unbirth Symbol and its meaning, and how that might indicate what the Unbirths are.

The Unbirth symbol - a frame creating a Heart shape, yet the Heart part is empty - indicating it's lacking.
The frame bears resemblance to the Cards in CO with the pointy edges, making a relation seem logical between Unbirths and Memories (throw in MX's probable relation to CO [was that confirmed when I wasn't looking or something?] and you only get a stronger reason to why Memories would be an issue in BBS aside from Ven).

There is no confirmation that the Castle belongs to MX, but certain identities viewing from his keyblade
link to a small bull like imagery on CO itself, not to mention the speculation upon MX path that is being
walked upon aside from the paths that VAT have taken, which i guess if we correlate those paths with
the three previously identified Keyblades of Sora, Riku and Mickey, you could assume the paths they
chose were of light, dark, and in-between.

The idea that the card somehow resembles the KH symbol itself irks me, not because of it's overuse, but
because bending, cutting, and shaping, etc. is too illogical to replicate the complete symbol of the Unbirth.
That's not to say that memories don't play a part to the symbol if indeed they do, but the idea of the card
making that shape is pretty ridiculous to my tastes. Many of things in KH have come into shape of a crown,
and the cards in CoM are simply the same. It only becomes more evident in Re:CoM and the design of the
cards in the original become obsolete. The cards were made from Sora's memories, they have a crown shape
and that's all i see it as.

As far as Ven comes into the picture little evidence explains him losing memories

aside from Ven being seen from Xemnas and Xigbar within the creation of Xion

Seeing how Memories either shape a Heart (Repliku acted somewhat differently when Namine messed with his Memories, and even Roxas did a 180 going by the novels in the digital Twilight Town), or alternatively - imprison it, constrain it, the Heart shape created by the frame leaves only one conclusion to be reached as to what the frame is - Memories.

I'm more curious as to how the name "Unbirth" correlates with anything having to do with memories.
If i could extend the term unbirth it would be those who are unborn, which would then be something
without a beginning. We'd have to assume that they have always existed with the idea of no beginning.
Better yet....does Kingdom Hearts have a beginning, or has it always existed?

With Memories playing as big a part as the Heart itself in creating the person, we reach the name of Unbirths. when a person is separated into a Heartless and Nobody, he's not "unborn". The Identity, the Self, the Existence, as buried as it is under the Darkness is still there. Sora and Xemnas, albeit being exceptions, are still proof of that, seeing how if the process of turning into a Heartless in and of itself would've stolen the sense of self (instead of the Darkness that came afterward), them maintaining their Selves wouldn't have been possible.
(And whomever wants to tell me that "Sense of Self" isn't a canon term in the KH-verse should go and reread the SARs)

Some identifications to this have been said to be a result into a willingness to the darkness, and we've
only seen the two that you've mentioned, actually do that. You still however have not connected any
correlations to name Unbirth, and memories.

The Other Side, being Nobodies, abides by this logic as well.
Holding at the very least a Sense of Self (hence the shape for human Nobodies) if not also Memories (saying this over Roxas though without getting into Days details), Nobodies, albeit lacking the Self itself, still hold on to what shapes a person - specifically the Memories they hold.

The Nobodies will always have a certain connection to their hearts. In this case, their strongest
memories linger within them, and if that's not the case, then i'd assume that the memories unfold in
the length of existence as a heartless. We have to recognize that the very symbol of Nobodies is
a splintered heart which indicates a separation of the heart from the main body. The heart of the
symbol shows that they still hold a connection to the heart (of course) while also complementing the
heartless symbol itself.

Even when separated, nothing of the Self is truly lost - only hidden.
However, if Unbirths are made up of Memories, we cannot escape the comparison to Repliku when Namine shattered his Heart, nor to when Marluxia wanted Namine to tear asunder all the Memories in Sora's Heart at the end.
All Memories gone, all things holding a person together torn asunder.
Yet here we're looking at something that would be worse than what Namine could've done - the Memories would be torn out to take on a distorted form of their own.

The person would still have their Sense of Self but would have nothing to do with it as he would be all but dead to the world (Repliku only came to when Namine pieced together his Memories to some degree), and the Memories themselves, forming the Unbirth, would be distorted by the Darkness (or Light, but I'm not holding my breath on that one).
Unlike the Heart which would have the Self lying under the Darkness, the Memories would have no such substance, and would thus lose their share of making up the 'self' as well.

Both sides of the being would be effectively lost, instead of simply separated.

Hence, Unbirths, and hence, their symbols - the empty shape of the Memories.

This would be an effective theory if it weren't for the fact that Roxas had no memories of his past
or even himself. In this case, he lacked memories of anything, and even then his memories were
stripped again after being captured, and replaced with new ones to accommodate a life within the
data Twilight Town. I'd assume that if Sora lost all his memories, he'd be in the same boat as Roxas
started out. No memories of his past and his friends would literally destroy what made Sora who he
is making him vulnerable.

Now.
Days.
Knowing full well this would hold implications as to what Xion is, and hardly wanting to get into that, I will say this:
For the time being, Xion is unrelated to this in the least for me. I consider her to be an artificial existence, and even if I'm wrong about that - she still came to be at a time where Unbirths are no longer present. Her being an exception to this means all but nothing to me as I see nothing wrong with it.
And if it works - so much the better, but do keep it to yourselves or at least spoiler box and warn.

And up your collective rears in case this was covered, you all know I haven't been in here in ages.

it's been a while since i've seen you make a theory. It's nice to see you up and kicking after all this time :)
upon other observations, i've also witnessed unsteady approaches from other long term members......."sad".

Last edited:
Awards
I don't think Kairi's vessel was non-existent in KH1, I doubt the vessels were non-existent before the Heartless were made either (since Xehanort stacked 'em up).

Well, if we say both Sora and Roxas's Destatis had to do with Ven and Ven was somehow turned into an Unbirth and hence made Sora and Roxas 'Dream' the whole thing, it's possible.
Remember that Mickey is the voice for Sora's Destati though.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I don't think Kairi's vessel was non-existent in KH1, I doubt the vessels were non-existent before the Heartless were made either (since Xehanort stacked 'em up).

Well, Kairi as they like to remind us is an exception to the rule. We also have her Heart not truly being covered up in Darkness or what not, added to her Body not having undergone any transformation. Two factors which make her special enough for me to not care about.

Remember that Mickey is the voice for Sora's Destati though.

Unless you want to tell me that Mickey facilitated their arrival at the Station (which makes a bit less sense for Roxas since as far as we know, Mickey wasn't quite there to do so, hence why I still think Namine might've been the voice through Roxas's Destati), while I do understand your need to say that whenever possible now that you found confirmation, it's irrelevant to the point at hand :p

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
Apparently, it's been confirmed in the KH Ultimania.

I don't think i've read it....i'll probably find a link for it.
Just the same, i haven't really checked out too much info
on KH either, and i'm gradually picking up what's being said
by everyone else, and a few bits from the interviews in the
KH interview section.

sigh....we've been doing theories for more than 2 years,
about the events of BBS :/

Awards
Well, Kairi as they like to remind us is an exception to the rule. We also have her Heart not truly being covered up in Darkness or what not, added to her Body not having undergone any transformation. Two factors which make her special enough for me to not care about.
Yeah, she's an "exception to the rule," but the people who lost their hearts before the Heartless came are not.

No heart does not always necessarily mean no existence.

Unless you want to tell me that Mickey facilitated their arrival at the Station (which makes a bit less sense for Roxas since as far as we know, Mickey wasn't quite there to do so, hence why I still think Namine might've been the voice through Roxas's Destati), while I do understand your need to say that whenever possible now that you found confirmation, it's irrelevant to the point at hand :p

I had been saying it whenever possible before there was confirmation. Since then I haven't even mentioned it, aside from a PM with Audo.
I say it now because I am saying that Mickey facilitated Sora's Destati. Meaning Ven wouldn't have much, if anything, to do with it.
Since he spoke to Sora, it's a very, very, very good indicator that he was involved with the Destati's initiation.
It's not as if Mickey was like, "Oh, hey, this kid's diving into his heart, how about I chat with him."
Mickey was in Sora's heart, much like how he was with Riku in CoM.

Roxas is something else entirely. Could be Mickey but eh.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
Yeah, she's an "exception to the rule," but the people who lost their hearts before the Heartless came are not.

No heart does not always necessarily mean no existence.

When we're talking darkness here, being as of events before the heartless, I'd assume that when one says someone would lose their heart to darkness, it would be in metaphorical terms, such as losing your sense of self. That's what happened to the apprentices did it not?

The difference now is that Heartless are a form of darkness, and they are stealing hearts, rather than hearts being tainted by darkness on their own.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Heartless can be Hearts tainted by Darkness on their own. Sora didn't have his Heart stolen by the Heartless, he let the Darkness in.

And Grace, if you say the Unbirths are existant, I'd sooner put it because the Heart and the Body are still together, leaving a different factor - the Memories - to be missing.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
Heartless can be Hearts tainted by Darkness on their own. Sora didn't have his Heart stolen by the Heartless, he let the Darkness in.

Yes but that would be a different circumstance. He used the dark keyblade to unlock his and Kairi's heart, and in return he turned into a shadow, but the only thing leading me to believe why he maintained his sense of self is for the fact that he deliberately gave into the darkness. I think that the only difference with him and Ansem SoD is the fact that Ansem SoD didn't use a keyblade, and Sora did, so Sora was subject to actually becoming a heartless, while Ansem SoD did not transition to the form of a heartless. (Yes Omni, if you're looking i'm saying that Xehanorts heartless being a walking heart isn't completely impossible).

Pure Heartless are darkness in form. They are not the heart itself.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
It would have been so cool if Ven had been the one to do Destati.
This whole Mickey did it canon thing makes a Disney character important.
Damn.

Arausio

Celtic God of Water

And Grace, if you say the Unbirths are existant, I'd sooner put it because the Heart and the Body are still together, leaving a different factor - the Memories - to be missing.

isnt it heart,body,and SOUL? wouldnt the memories go with the heart like in CoM it shows the whole heart and memories linking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back