• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Small-Talk

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
"Nice weather were having"

Don't say that. You'll sound like an idiot.

Maybe it's that I'm a sarcastic little asshole, but I commented about how much I hated the dumbshit of a Algebra II teacher I have, and now me and the chick next to me talk all the time. =/

It's that easy, just have a dumbfuck teacher that everyone collectively hates.

Gatorade

Naturally, we called it Gatorade
Don't say that. You'll sound like an idiot.

Maybe it's that I'm a sarcastic little asshole, but I commented about how much I hated the dumbshit of a Algebra II teacher I have, and now me and the chick next to me talk all the time. =/

It's that easy, just have a dumbfuck teacher that everyone collectively hates.
That actually works. I made a comment to the girl next to me in Spanish class about how much the class sucks and now we are so close, and I may even ask her to my schools Cotillion (sophomore prom, basically).

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
If it is a girl just walk up and start the coversation with "I been watching you" she will in no way think your possibly a crazy stalker, thus slapping you and walking away.

Home bound

Just Caaaalm Down
small talks are annoying and lead nowhere. It's one of those daily hassles I feel I must endure each day, like waiting in line, being stuck in traffic, etc.

Shade737

Silver Member
small talks are annoying and lead nowhere. It's one of those daily hassles I feel I must endure each day, like waiting in line, being stuck in traffic, etc.
I feel the same way. I personally cut my small talk short whenever I get the chance.

Home bound

Just Caaaalm Down
I feel the same way. I personally cut my small talk short whenever I get the chance.

I feel impolite when I do that. My last small talk was like "so you watched watchmen? man so many blue penises Hey look, a poster about testicular cancer. Hahaha those penis drawings are hilarious. Which ones your favorite? That fire breathing penis pwns." [this is a loose translation between three other people] Finally someone got the urge to say kk g2g nao latez.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
Anything, no matter how trivial, is usually better than AWKWARD SILENCE.

I'd go for "How are you (today)?" and it should take off from there.

If not, then start talking about yourself, or things that have happened to you, which should lead to a response.
I have a habit for starting conversations with strangers in lifts - I feel compulsed to talk and have blurted out some really random and revealing things.

Shade737

Silver Member
I feel impolite when I do that. My last small talk was like "so you watched watchmen? man so many blue penises Hey look, a poster about testicular cancer. Hahaha those penis drawings are hilarious. Which ones your favorite? That fire breathing penis pwns." [this is a loose translation between three other people] Finally someone got the urge to say kk g2g nao latez.
Favorite part of small talk bolded. I usually go random after awhile of constant small talk.

SuperSephiroth15

I have found the easiest way for me, and that is by asking, "Who's your role model ?" That tends to really
get conversation started...if it doesn't just try asking what that person likes to do in their free time.The only problem with small talk is starting it. Once you pass that it's pretty easy...

New2Ya

I'm lost...
I really dont understand how people have a hard time with small-talk.

It does annoy me a lot when I'm trying to communicate with people that just dont know how to have a conversation. Its like I just have to keep the conversation going. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back