• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Silver Wings

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

redharry123

a wanderer
Chapter Nine: Confessions of the Heart

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

Shuyin’s mind and body woke at the same time and for a moment he didn’t recognize his surroundings but it all came flooding back to him. Flashes of skin and sweat; of moans and screams. The touch of her hand on his chest brought him to the sickening reality of what he’d done.

Sitting up quickly and squirming away from her, Shuyin rose naked from the bed and searched frantically for his clothes. Lifting herself on one arm, Allyn asked, “Leaving so soon?”

“Yes.” Shuyin replied quietly as he located his boxers and slipped them up and over his legs followed shortly thereafter by his jeans.

His eyes scanned the room for his shirt but it was no where near the rest of his clothes and as he spun in his search he saw it dangling from Allyn’s outstretched finger. The young woman smirked from her position on the bed, “Looking for this?” She rose slowly, letting the sheet drag from her body as she approached him with her hips swaying. He accepted the shirt she gave him and slipped it over his head as she lay back onto the bed and said, “We just had the best sex we’ve ever had and you’re just going to leave? Don’t you want an encore?” Allyn ran her tongue over her lips seductively and winked at Shuyin who blushed and turned away.

The blitzer couldn’t believe what he’d done. The shock of it hadn’t seemed to settle into his brain yet. It was almost as if he’d flashed back three years. What was he going to do? Taking a deep breath, Shuyin reached for the bedroom doorknob as he said, “Don’t read too much into this, Allyn.”

“Too late…”

Shuyin silently cursed his stupidity before turning to her, “This was a mistake. It won’t be happening again.”

“This wasn’t a mistake, Shu.” Allyn replied, “This was fate.”

“You’ve never believed it fate before, Allyn. Why start now?” questioned the blonde.

Allyn lifted herself from the bed and reached for her sheer, silk robe that hung over the headboard. After securing it around herself, the young woman walked past Shuyin and out into her living room where she plopped on the sofa and smiled at him from across the way, “You came here because you wanted to be here. It wasn’t because anybody forced you to be here. It wasn’t because you felt obligated.” She smiled triumphantly, “It was because you wanted to be here and you wanted me. You’ll want me again. It’s only a matter of time.”

Shuyin groaned and went for the front door as he said, “I came here because I was a little drunk and was having trouble with Lenne. That’s the only reason.”

“You said you two split up…” Allyn stated as she stood and faced him, “I’d say that’s a little more than trouble.”

Shuyin didn’t want to face her. He could only remember little bits of what he’d said to her. His head was still fuzzy but he did remember telling her the truth about what happened with Lenne.

Shuyin frowned at the door he faced and whispered, “Lenne and I are going to be fine.”

Allyn smiled and blew him a kiss as he walked out the door, “Whatever you say, lover.”

“Will you call me as soon as you hear from him, Skirpa? Thanks. Bye.” Zaon hung up the phone and sighed. Since his wife had spent the night at Lenne’s trying to calm the songstress down, Zaon had taken it upon himself to figure out where Shuyin went but everytime he called the blitzer’s house there was no answer. His cell phone had been turned off too and none of his friends had seen him. There was a sinking feeling in Zaon’s gut that told him he knew exactly where Shuyin had been all night, but he kept pushing it away.

It was too horrible to think about.

A knock at the door caused Zaon to bolt over and pull the door open. The sight of Shuyin standing there caused a mixed reaction in his friend. Shuyin was alive and appeared to be in one piece which was wonderful, but he was also wearing the same clothes he’d worn the day before…

“Where the hell were you?!” Zaon cried as he pulled Shuyin into the house and shoved him onto the sofa. Shuyin seemed slightly out of it as he focused on his shoes and ignored his friend’s question. Zaon sat on the recliner across from him, “What happened to you?”

Shuyin’s shaking shoulders alarmed Zaon and it wasn’t until he saw tears forming puddles on the hardwood floor that he realized his friend was crying. Moving from the recliner to a seat next to Shuyin, he put an arm around his best friend’s shoulders as Shuyin whispered, “I am such an idiot…”

Zaon frowned, “Why didn’t you answer your phone last night?” he asked although he already had an idea what the answer would be. He just had to hear it from Shuyin himself.

“I wasn’t home…” was his friend’s reply and Zaon sighed. Shuyin rubbed at his wet eyes and looked up, “I slept with Allyn.”

“I thought so.” Zaon confessed. Rising from his seat to pace about the room, Zaon tried to figure out what to say or do. Taking a breath, he knelt in front of Shuyin and smiled, “You didn’t do anything wrong, you know.” He said.

Shuyin looked at him incredulously and had the situation not been so bad, Zaon would have laughed, “How in Spira can you say that?”

“Well,” came the blue haired man’s response, “you and Lenne split up, right? So you were free to sleep with your entire fan club if you wanted to.” Zaon shrugged, “Granted, maybe sleeping with Allyn wasn’t the smartest move you could have made but it’s not like you cheated on Lenne.”

Shuyin sighed, burying his face in his hands, “Well maybe I didn’t but she’s not going to see it like that. She’s just going to hate me.”

“Honestly Shuyin, there’s no reason you even have to tell her about this.” Zaon raised a hand at Shuyin’s shocked and questioning stare and said, “Hear me out! You and Lenne split yesterday afternoon meaning that last night you were a single man. Lenne doesn’t know about every single girl you’ve slept with while you were single, does she?”

“No…but…”

“No buts! You slept with Allyn before and Lenne knows this, so just pretend that last night didn’t happen last night, but instead happened three years ago. Whose going to know the difference?”

Shuyin thought on this for several minutes while playing all the different scenarios in his mind. Running a hand through his blonde hair he said sarcastically, “That will be wonderful, Zaon. Instead of me telling her the truth, I’ll just wait until Allyn spills it during breakfast. Brilliant!”

“Oh yeah,” Zaon said with a little laugh, “I hadn’t thought about that.”

“Obviously.”

Zaon shot Shuyin a look and said, “Don’t give me attitude or I could just feed you to Yunalesca.”

“I deserve it.” Shuyin sighed.

Zaon looked at his friend who was wallowing in self pity and sighed. He couldn’t get over how many times one person could get himself into such weird and completely avoidable situations. Shaking his head, Zaon said, “No you don’t. You may deserve a lot of things, but Yunalesca’s wrath is definitely not one of them.” He reached for his friend’s hand and pulled him to a standing position, “C’mere. You’re going to take a shower and then you’re going to go to Lenne’s house and make up with her.”

Shuyin slowly followed his friend back toward the bathroom and watched as his friend gathered towels and handed them to him. As Shuyin walked into the bathroom, he said, “Jury’s reached a verdict, Zaon…”

Zaon smiled, “I know you love her. Now just go and tell her that.”

Shuyin stared at the door as Zaon knocked and then opened, dragging Shuyin unwillingly inside. Lenne was sitting in her pajamas on the sofa with Yunalesca nursing a cup of coffee next to her. At her husband’s nod, Yunalesca jumped to her feet and left with Zaon leaving Lenne and Shuyin alone.

The uncomfortable silence between them was something Shuyin didn’t think he’d ever get used to and hoped that he’d never have to. Lenne rose from her seat and walked a little closer to him, “Hi there.” She whispered, her voice sounded hoarse and he noted the stain of freshly spilled tears on her cheeks.

“Hi.” He replied, reaching out despite himself and taking her hand. She didn’t pull away and the two stood staring into each other’s eyes for several minutes. Just when he was starting to relax, though, Lenne pulled her hand away and backed off toward the sofa again. Lenne said nothing and seemed terribly uncomfortable. Shuyin hated knowing that she was unhappy and that he’d done it to her. He hoped to make things better, but he knew they were going to get worse first.

“What are you doing here?” Lenne asked as she busied herself cleaning the dishes from breakfast from her coffee table.

“I wanted to apologize.” Shuyin replied, “I’m so sorry for what happened yesterday.”

Lenne gave him a weak smile, “Yuna told me that the girl was your cousin. I totally overreacted.” She sighed, “I didn’t think I’d ever see you again.” Shuyin’s mouth opened and closed like a fish. He was relatively sure that after he told her about Allyn, she’d never want to see him again. The blitzer was about to confess when Lenne rushed into his arms and buried her face in his chest, “I missed you so much.”

“I missed you too.” Replied Shuyin as he returned her hug. The two stood holding each other for what felt like an eternity before Shuyin decided it was best to get it out in the open before he lost his nerve. Holding her away from him by the shoulders he said, “I have to tell you something.”

“Whatever it is, I don’t care.” Lenne replied, trying to restart the hug he had ended.

Shuyin shook his head, “You need to know this.” Shuyin took a deep breath and tried to figure out the best way to break the news to her before deciding that it would be best to just say it, “After our breakup, I went to Irvine’s Tavern. It’s where I go sometimes to just cool off after a rough day. Normally I go home right after, but last night…” he paused and looked into her brown eyes. They were so trusting and he was about to shatter that trust completely with his next words, “I slept with Allyn.”

She was silent. It was almost as if the words hadn’t completely sunk in. Lenne turned away from him and started for the kitchen, “Did you want something to eat?” she asked. Her walking was a little stiff and her voice seemed detached.

“Lenne.”

She turned quickly at the sound of his voice and watched as he took a few tentative steps toward her. She didn’t move and, after a few minutes, he didn’t either. They stood staring at each other, both not knowing what to say, when Shuyin whispered, “You’re mad at me....huh?”

Lenne’s eyes fell to the floor. They’d never really had an argument before – especially not about something like this. She’d wondered and been jealous but when Yunalesca had told her that the girl he’d been ‘flirting’ with was actually his cousin, she’d calmed down. She knew she’d overreacted and just hoped that he’d forgive her. Now after his confession, she didn’t know what to say.

Her lack of an answer caused him to say, “I suppose that is a yes.” He took a step closer to her, “I can try to explain if you’ll listen to me.”

Her anger rushed into her and reached the boiling point quickly, “No!” she screamed suddenly, throwing a nearby coffee cup at his head and narrowly missing contact, “I won’t listen to you!” she began walking closer to him, and Shuyin took a step back. She glared at him, “How could you?!” she bit out. Her fist connected with his chest forcing the air from his lungs as she continued to beat him with her tiny hands. She wasn’t hurting him physically, but his heart was breaking knowing that it was his fault that she was this upset. Tears were streaming down her beautiful face as she continued her assault, “Why wasn’t I enough?” she asked finally, her fists falling dejectedly at her sides.

“I was stupid, Lennie…so stupid.” He pulled back, grabbing her by the shoulders. “Lenne, look at me.” She did and he saw her red-rimmed eyes and tear stained cheeks. “I came here to fix things and make this right. I know what I did was really stupid and if you don’t forgive me, I’ll understand but I really hope you do.” His words became chocked in the sobs that were forming in his throat as he grabbed her hand and whispered, “I love you….”

Shuyin didn’t know if she was going to believe him, but she hadn’t let go of his hand which was a good sign. He wasn’t sure, but he was hoping that despite her anger and uncertainty, she felt like he did. Time seemed to stand still as he waited for Lenne’s reaction. The songstress stared into his blue eyes that were pleading with her to forgive him; to believe him. His hand was trembling but hadn’t let go of hers and she saw in his eyes the raw emotion that made him come here and tell her the truth when he could have easily kept his mouth shut.

He loved her…

She tightened her grip on his hand and touched his face with her free hand, “I believe you,” she whispered.

He wrapped his arms around her waist tightly and she pulled him tight against her with her arms. Shuyin buried his face into her neck, and Lenne ran her fingers softly up and down his back, “I’m so sorry Lennie,” he whispered into her neck. “I never wanted to make you cry…”

“It’s okay,” she whispered, running her fingers through his damp blonde hair. “It was my fault to begin with.”

“I don’t deserve you…” murmured Shuyin as he calmed down and released his hold on her briefly to wipe the tears from his cheeks.

He pulled back to look into her eyes. Tentatively, as if afraid she’d be angry, Shuyin leaned down and gently touched his lips to hers. She moaned low in her throat as the kiss deepened and he began backing her toward the couch behind them. With a thud, the two landed with Shuyin on top of her, “I’m not crushing you am I?” he asked. She shook her head. She loved the pressure of his body on her.

They stayed curled against each other for several minutes before Shuyin kissed her forehead gently and whispered, “I should get going. I’m already late for practice.”

Tightening her grasp on him, Lenne shook her head, “Stay…forget practice and stay.”

Shuyin grinned, “Practice shouldn’t be long today. I’ll come back after and we can go for a picnic in Macalania like you wanted to the other day.” He smiled at her, “What do you say?”

“That sounds wonderful.” Lenne replied as she kissed his cheek.

Turning his head to brush his lips against hers, Shuyin whispered, “I’m going to do everything I can to make this up to you. I promise.”

-------------------
aawwww...he's gonna make it up to her! *cries happy tears* so.beautiful! (there might be a SLIGHT lemon in the next chapter.....MIGHT....idk...i might take it out....it all depends.........)

SoRaBhK_dUdE

Sorry I haven't posted in a while but... NICE CHAPTERS LIKE TOTALLY!!!! AWESOMENESS LIKE TOTALLY. I LIKE SAYING LIKE TOTALLY. Nice emotional chapters.

redharry123

a wanderer
Chapter Ten: Unstable

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

For the first time in the month she’d been back, Allyn was in a fantastic mood. Shuyin coming to her last night had been a fantastic surprise and one she knew just had to happen again. A love like they shared didn’t just disappear.

She still remembered the first day she had met him.

When she turned 15 - in a move that finally gained her father’s often waning attention - Allyn emptied her bank account which, admittedly, wasn’t much and moved to Zanarkand to start a new life.

That was when she met Shuyin. He was just getting out of blitzball practice and was still damp from the sphere pool. She was rushing off of the hover and struggling with her bags. The two of them had collided and she’d landed on her butt with her bags scattered. Shuyin had been so apologetic. He’d run all over the place gathering her bags and the pieces of clothing that had flown from the open ones. Once all of her belongings were gathered, he’d helped her to her feet and their eyes met.

Allyn knew her life would never be the same.

Their relationship had been slow to start. A few dinner dates; a few movies. The first time Shuyin had kissed her – in a move she knew had to be his first – their teeth had knocked and Shuyin had blushed crimson. Allyn remembered the moment fondly when she decided to take it upon herself to teach him and the two had spent almost an hour kissing and, when they finally broke apart, Shuyin was breathless and grinning.

He had never looked more handsome.

When it came to sex, Allyn knew that Shuyin was a virgin although they’d never discussed it. She wasn’t sure if he knew about her sexual past, but she was sure he’d realized it after the kissing lesson. She was very knowledgeable about those things. During their subsequent dates the kissing seemed to be leading somewhere that Shuyin was more than interested in going.

The night they first made love the kissing had become overpowering and when they pulled apart for air Shuyin had stared into her eyes, as if in a trance. His eyes were asking her for permission and Allyn knew just what he wanted. She wanted it too. As she nodded her agreement, she felt his hands slowly traveling down her sides to lift her shirt off.

His exploration of her body was sweet and sensual. He took ever dip and curve with hands and mouth as if trying to memorize every tiny detail of her. Clothes were stripped and strewn about the room. She watched him rise above her and their eyes locked. Shuyin smiled at her and Allyn smiled back, kissing his lips tenderly. Shuyin tried to join them together, but stopped and seemed a little confused. Gently taking him in her hand, Allyn guided him in the movement and once they were joined all conscious thought stopped as her breath caught with the pleasure of it.

It was afterward that Shuyin held her close and said the words that Allyn had been wishing he’d say…

“I love you.”

Although he hadn’t said those words after their love making last night, Allyn knew it was only a matter of time until he said them again. Every day without him felt like an eternity and she knew that he had to feel the same way. He just had to. That was why he’d run to her after breaking up with the little bitch. The smell of alcohol on his breath had nothing to do with it. She had taught Shuyin how to hold his alcohol and she knew that it only gave him the encouragement to do what he wanted to do in the first place.

At least…she hoped so…

No matter how convinced she was that he’d be hers within a fortnight, there was still that nagging doubt that made her wonder. She hated that inner voice of hers. She wished she could permanently silence it the way she’d permanently silenced Georg….

Grabbing her keys, she took the stairs to the apartment lobby two at a time and burst into the daylight. She knew that his blitzball practice would be almost over and she could surprise him outside and maybe convince him to come over to her house for…dessert.

As soon as she rounded the corner she saw him and his two blitzball friends – Skirpa and Bruttam – exiting the stadium and talking in hushed whispers about something. She felt a bounce form in her step as she saw him and jogged quickly and silently toward him. She approached behind him and whispered seductively, “Hello there, handsome.”

He turned to her and she expected a broad smile of happiness, or a kiss, or a hug…anything. Instead he just stared at her with an unreadable expression on his handsome face. After a few seconds, Shuyin said, “Have you taken to stalking now, Allyn?”

Her surprise at his rather callous reply was quickly shaken as she forced herself to remain happy and carefree, “Whatever do you mean, love?”

“I told you not to read too much into it, Allyn.” Shuyin hissed, “It will never happen again.”

Allyn put a hand on her hip, “Of course it will. You’re single…I’m single…”

Shuyin shook his head and replied, “Correction…you’re single. I’m not.”

The half smirk that seemed always present on Allyn’s pretty features suddenly vanished. Her hands dropped to her sides and her green eyes seemed to search Shuyin’s as if trying to figure out if this was all some sort of a cruel joke. Allyn noted Skirpa and Bruttam’s tiny grins as if the entire situation was completely humorous and she realized that Shuyin wasn’t lying. He had gone back to that stupid bitch! Her shoulders started shaking first from her fury as she raged, “She actually forgave you?! Or did you forget to mention what happened between us last night?!”

“I told her.” Shuyin replied, “I didn’t think she’d forgive me, but she did. I’m eternally grateful.”

Allyn glared at him as she felt her dreams shattering and exploding all around her. Balling up her fists at her side, she hissed, “So that little bitch is going to keep you from being with the woman you love?”

“Firstly, Allyn, stop calling Lenne a bitch. She’s anything but that.” Shuyin replied, calmly and with a bit of a smirk, “Secondly, even though you adamantly refuse to admit it, I am with the woman that I love.”

“I know that! You’re standing with me now!” Allyn cried, “What I mean is…”

Shuyin put a hand on her lips to silence her as he said, “I don’t love you, Allyn. I love Lenne.”

Allyn didn’t move. She didn’t speak. She wasn’t even sure if she was breathing. She just stared at him as he said something else. Something she didn’t listen to. She didn’t take a step as he and his friends turned and walked away. She watched as he climbed into his convertible and drove in the direction of that girl’s house. Suddenly letting her anger get control of her, Allyn took off in a run after Shuyin. She wasn’t going to let that little bitch win. Allyn would get her man, no matter what she had to do.

It was almost 3pm when she got there after the 45 minute run to Lenne’s house. She looked around and saw Shuyin’s car parked in the street halfway between Lenne’s house and his own which was situated three blocks up the street on the other side. In the distance she heard laughter and splashing coming from the ocean behind the docks and she headed toward the sound. She frowned as she saw who it was and immediately tucked behind a lamppost.

Shuyin…and her.

Swimming, laughing, and kissing – the two of them looked completely in love and Allyn had to fight her urge to drown the prissy little bitch. She’d told her father it would only take a month or two to get Shuyin back, but she still was nowhere closer to having Shuyin in her arms as she’d been when she first came back to A-East.

If only she hadn’t left…

The things that led up to her leaving seemed inconsequential and stupid in retrospect, but back then they had seemed like everything. The problem with her and Shuyin was that both were pathological flirts. They couldn’t pass a member of the opposite sex without flirting. Allyn’s flirting was more overt – like rubbing the thigh of a handsome guy next to her. She’d done that to Zaon and Skirpa…even Bruttam to some degree, but the thought of doing anything more with them had made her sick.

She loved Shuyin.

The beginning of the end began with the deaths of Shuyin’s parents. Around the same time the Abes had briefly signed Georg for a few games to fill in for Skirpa who had broken his collar bone during a game. When Shuyin’s parents had died, he’d started getting distant with her. She knew he was mourning, but it still hurt that he didn’t want to be around her. During that time, Georg had started to develop a friendship with her and it was he that she ran to whenever Shuyin turned his back.

After six months of Shuyin being distant, Georg had hinted to her that he thought Shuyin was seeing someone else. There was no proof. There was no reason for Allyn to believe it….but believe it she did. She had always thought in the back of her mind that she couldn’t keep Shuyin happy for long. He was better than her in a million ways and it didn’t surprise her that he’d find solace in someone else’s arms.

She left with Georg the next day.

She didn’t try to talk to Shuyin. She didn’t listen to his side. She didn’t even tell him the reason she was leaving, just that she was and Georg was going with her. Georg had been signed to the Urks in D-West and the two moved into a small apartment. Everything was fine unless Georg was drunk. The first night he got drunk, he beat her until she was unconscious. She tried to call Shuyin the next morning for help, but Georg had severed all the phone lines and hidden her cell phone. He locked her in the apartment when he wasn’t there and did unspeakable things to her when he was. Her only contact with the outside world was the television and it was six months after leaving, during the news, that she found out Shuyin wasn’t seeing someone else. Although he usually tried to avoid interviews, the news crew had caught him and asked him a few questions about himself. When asked if there was ‘someone special’ Shuyin had said, “There use to be, but not anymore.”

She’d been lied to…

She’d been duped…

Allyn’s desperation to get back to Shuyin overtook her life. Multiple plans to escape had failed. Georg was as intelligent as he was proficient in blitzball. Allyn knew drastic moves needed to be taken if she was ever going to get back to Shuyin.

In the end, Allyn had killed him. The courts had decreed she was guilty by reason of insanity. She was unstable according to court psychiatrists. Locked in a psych ward in D-West, Allyn spent 2 ½ years of her life there, wondering what Shuyin was doing and being thankful every day that D-West business stayed in D-West. She was so grateful that Shuyin would never know about this.

After 2 ½ years, parole became a possibility and she forced herself to answer the psychological exam questions the way the doctors wanted her to. She needed to make them think she was truly sorry for what she’d done and that she was sane enough never to do it again. She didn’t feel guilty, though.

She’d done it for Shuyin.

Allyn turned a little behind the pole where she was sitting and looked at Lenne. The brunette was swimming happily away from Shuyin who was playfully trying to catch her.

When Shuyin caught Lenne, Allyn’s ears perked up to hear what they were saying to each other. Her Shuyin put his arms around that girl, “We should probably dry off and get going. I’ve got the picnic basket just inside my house. All we need to do is throw some food into it.”

“How long do you think it’ll take to Macalania?” Lenne asked.

Shuyin replied to Lenne, “Well, about 2 hours by car and 1 ½ hours by hover.” The brunette nodded and Shuyin said, “I was thinking we should drive so we can leave whenever we want to.”

Allyn felt sure that steam was coming out of her ears. Her Shuyin was going to take that bimbo on a romantic picnic in Macalania! Growling quietly, Allyn crawled from her hiding place and behind a nearby bush where she waited until she was sure they hadn’t seen her. Tears stung her eyes as she tried to fight them off. She wasn’t going to lose Shuyin to that bitch. If she was going to lose Shuyin, it was going to be to someone who deserved him.

As she cast another glance at the brunette with Shuyin, Allyn felt her hatred toward the songstress grow. There was no way she was going to let that little bitch take what was rightfully hers.

Something had to be done…

----------
SRRY FOR MY ABSENCE! wasn't able to get online....>.< damn parents grounding me. well anyways...i've been thinkin....and.....um.......i might start a sequal! but i have to finish this story first!:D

SoRaBhK_dUdE

Hurrah Fer Chapter!!! I Also Noticed I Get Hyper Off Of Pizza! I Ate 5 Slices And I Was Kinda Insane!anyway... Allyn Got Rejected! Weeeee...!

SoRaBhK_dUdE

Please update for the sake of... me. Im dying for a new chapter.I guess I'll play video games.

redharry123

a wanderer
Author’s Notes: This is another Lenne/Shuyin date chapter. They get a little...uh… ‘closer’ in this chapter so for anybody that is offended by romance novel-like descriptions, you have been warned. I don’t suggest skipping the chapter because something important happens in the last section that will help explain actions later on.

This chapter’s title is actually a song. I found my old soundtrack to ‘Footloose’ with Kevin Bacon and was listening to it while I was writing this chapter and on it is the song “Somebody’s Eyes”. It seemed like the perfect title since a few lines are:

Somebody’s eyes are watching.

Somebody’s eyes are seeing me loving him.

Somebody’s waiting to take him back again.

Love is no disguise, from somebody’s eyes.

As I’m sure you now realize, this chapter will involve a little Allyn toward the end. Hopefully it is well done as this is going to lead into the truly angsty and dramatic stuff.

Below is chapter 11

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

Chapter Eleven: Somebody’s Eyes

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

With the picnic basket packed and blankets loaded in the car, Shuyin was ready to take Lenne to Macalania Forest, like she’d always wanted to. It was surprising to him that the songstress had never seen Macalania Forest. Shuyin had been there many times. It was the place that the Abes practice during nice days because of the large lake right in the middle of the forest.

Walking out of the house to greet Lenne who was waiting on the porch, Shuyin grinned. Lenne rose and kissed him passionately, whispering, “Hello, handsome.”

“Hello, beautiful.” He replied, pushing her hair behind her shoulders and kissing her on the forehead. She looked so beautiful that he couldn’t believe it. Wearing a blue dress shirt and a long black skirt, she looked absolutely stunning. After their dip in the ocean, they’d gone to their separate houses to dry off and change. Lenne’s arrival a few moments before had made him smile like an idiot. He was so grateful she’d forgiven him. He motioned toward the blankets and picnic basket, “I think we’re all set.”

She grinned, “I need to get one more thing. Meet me at my house.” Lenne rushed down the street and into her house quickly, dashing back to her bedroom. Digging through her dresser drawer, she found the small box she’d purchased earlier in the week amidst incredible embarrassment. Reaching in, she pulled the small plastic package out and put it in her pocket. She wasn’t well practiced in seduction, but the songstress was definitely going to try and, just in case it worked, she needed to be prepared.

Even though their breakup and his subsequent actions had formed doubts in her mind about the strength of their relationship, when he said that he loved her she knew he wasn’t lying. She wanted to go to the next level with him so that he’d never feel the need to go to Allyn again. She wasn’t sure if he was scared of hurting her or if he was terrified of the thought of Yunalesca armed with a knife, but Lenne wanted him. She wanted to wipe the memory of Allyn out of his mind forever.

“You coming?” called Shuyin from outside after he pulled into her driveway.

“Coming!” she replied as she quickly hid the box back under her socks and rejoined her boyfriend outside. Smiling as Shuyin opened the passenger side door for her, Lenne slid into the seat and sighed happily as the car backed out of the driveway.

Macalania Forest was more beautiful than Lenne could have imagined. The forest sparkled like diamonds as Shuyin led her along a silver path to the lake where they would be picnicking. The lake was more breathtaking still and Lenne gasped at the beauty around her. The water was clear – infinitely clear – and Lenne could see to the bottom of the lake. A large tree that appeared to reach to the sky shimmered in the middle of the lake.

Shuyin laid the blanket across the ground near the lake and then pulled the basket from the backseat of his convertible to place it on the ground. He smiled at her, “Have a seat.”

Lenne wrapped her cloak around her shoulders closely. The wind was chilling her but as soon as she was held in Shuyin’s arms, a warmth enveloped her. Leaning back against his hard chest, she gratefully accepted the sandwich he handed her. After swallowing, she said, “This place is beautiful.”

“You’re beautiful.” Shuyin replied as his long fingers came to lay alongside her jaw and slowly turn her face to his. His lips were upon hers, moving slowly and her hand crept up to caress his neck and run her fingers through his hair.

“I want to apologize to you.” Shuyin replied as he turned her gently and slipped an arm about her waist, bringing her closer to him as the kiss deepened. She released her cloak and let it fall away, tumbling unnoticed to the ground beneath her. She moaned softly as his mouth left hers and traced a path over her cheek. He pushed aside her long brown hair and, finding her ear, nibbled it lightly with his teeth.

Lenne pulled her face away from him carefully and looked deep into his eyes, “Shuyin…you already…” she whispered, but stopped when something flashed in his eyes – a blatant lust that she’d never seen before – and she sighed happily as his hand came to her breast….

His caress went through her, setting fire to every nerve. She felt her shirt being pulled away from her and then, with a quick twist of his wrist her bra was flung to the side and forgotten. His hand upon her bare flesh sent desire flashing through her. Although she wasn’t thrilled with the amount of sexual experience he had, the movement of his hands made her happy that he knew exactly how to touch her.

Slowly he leaned forward and put his lips back upon hers. Lenne lay back and pulled him down upon her. He whispered unintelligible words as he placed passionate kisses along her throat and made his way down to her breasts. She let out a soft cry of pleasure as her fingers threaded through the hair that ended in wispy waves at the nape of his neck.

Shifting a bit to lay next to her, his arm slipped around her knees and lifted her legs across his. His hand traveled up a bare thigh and gently tugged her panties off and then returned his hands to their destination. His caresses grew bolder and her moans grew louder. A shivering shudder went through her as she curled against him and formed a vice like grip on his shoulder. His name fell from her lips in a hoarse cry as her grip loosened itself and she let her head fall backward onto the blanket. After a moment, she looked up at him. A self impressed grin had formed on his handsome features and Lenne couldn’t help but laugh and pull her cloak over her half naked form as she said, “Apology accepted.”

It was dark when they returned and after pulling into the driveway, Shuyin rounded the car and opened the door for Lenne. Lenne accepted the hand he offered and smiled broadly as she led him to her front door. Shuyin stood behind her as she dug through her purse for her keys. He brushed her hair away from her neck and kissed the column softly, wrapping his arms around her waist until Lenne moaned softly and leaned against him.

A sound from the bush nearby caused Lenne to jump and she turned to Shuyin, “Did you hear something?”

Shuyin shook his head, “Not a thing.” He replied as he resumed the kissing of her neck.

Smiling broadly, Lenne reached into her pocket and pulled out the small plastic packet she’d placed there earlier. Spinning to hold it in front of Shuyin, she whispered, “Interested?”

A sound the seemed like a gasp came from the bush and Shuyin turned his attention there, “I heard something this time.” He said.

The blitzer was about to take a step toward the bush when Lenne pulled on his arm, “Aren’t you going to answer my question?”

Shuyin winked at Lenne and said with a devilish grin, “Only if you ask me right.”

“What do you mean?”

“Tell me exactly what you want me to do.” Replied Shuyin as he ran a hand through her hair, “I want to hear you say it.”

Her smile became broader and she lifted herself on her toes to whisper in Shuyin’s ear exactly what she wanted. The blitzer moaned a little at her description and, when she’d lowered herself back down, he nodded happily, “I’m very interested in that.” He said as he followed her into the house and let the door close behind him. As he let her lead him to the bedroom, second thoughts started to form in his head and he stopped just short of the door and asked, “Are you sure about this?”

Lenne nodded, “As sure as I’ll ever be.”

“This isn’t about….Allyn, is it?”

Lenne took a step closer to him and placed both of her hands on his cheeks to force him to look into her eyes, “Will what happened last night ever happen again?”

“Not while I’m alive.” He swore, “I’d rather rot.”

“Then there’s nothing to worry about.” Lenne said as she let herself fall backward onto the bed and then rise onto her knees to beckon him with a finger.

Shuyin crawled across the bed to join her and, from his position on his back, he admired her beauty. The moonlight entering from the open window made her skin shimmer and shine and her smile seemed even more radiant. He smiled at her and asked, “How in Spira did you forgive me so easily? I thought you’d hate me forever.”

“I forgave you because I believed you when you said you were sorry.” Lenne replied as she rose from the bed and grabbed a nightgown from her dresser, “You didn’t have to tell me, but you did. That showed me that you really do love me.” The brunette crossed the room to her bathroom, “I’ll be right back, handsome.”

When Lenne reappeared moments later she was wearing the silk nightgown she’d chosen and Shuyin smiled at the sight. He patted the bed next to him and said, “Unless you’ve changed your mind…”

“I haven’t.” she whispered as she climbed onto the bed next to Shuyin. He was still laying on his back looking up at her and she motioned with a finger for him to sit up. The bed dipped as Shuyin rose to kneel before her. When standing, Shuyin was several inches taller than her, but they were the same height when kneeling and Lenne took advantage of that and pressed her lips easily to his as she silently and skillfully unbuttoned his shirt and pushed it off of his shoulders. In turn, her gown was drawn over her head and thrown to the floor in silence. He lifted her easily and lay her down upon the bed to allow his lips access to her throat and the ability to venture downward upon her skin.

Lenne squirmed a little and finally reached his pants which were quickly unbuttoned and pushed down to his ankles with her feet. Shuyin laughed and caught her eye, “In a hurry?” he asked before kicking the pants off. He felt her tiny hands on the elastic of his boxers which were quickly discarded. Seeing the desire in her eyes, he moved his hands down her body to the curving arch of her hip, and her heart quickened. A husky moan escaped her as he touched her as he had in Macalania.

With a hand on her shoulder, he pressed her back upon the bed. She lay willing and eager as he rose above her. Their eyes met and she saw the hint of a smile on his mouth, “I love you.” He whispered as he moved between her thighs. Lenne bit her lip to keep from crying out, hiding her face against the base of his throat. Her nails dug into the flesh of his back as he gently place his hands on her hips and kissed her lips softly. He put his forehead against hers and locked with her eyes, “Look at me.” His whispering voice demanded and she slowly opened her eyes. With utmost care he began to move, slowly at first as the pain began to fade and then faster. He traced his hands from her hips, up her sides, until he laced fingers with her and held both of her hands above her head…..

Lenne awoke a while later to an empty bed. At first she thought her imagination was playing a trick on her but when she rolled over she saw that it wasn’t.

Shuyin wasn’t there…

She sighed and a frown formed on her lips. She should have known better. Yunalesca had warned her about Shuyin’s tendency to leave. Why she thought she’d be any different was beyond her.

She sat up slowly and reached to the floor for her nightgown when her bedroom door swung open, “Where do you think you’re going, beautiful?” Shuyin asked as he kicked the door shut behind him and placed a breakfast tray on the hope chest at the edge of her bed. Clad in only his boxers, Shuyin had a broad grin on his face as he examined her naked form and Lenne blushed unconsciously and pulled the covers up over herself. Shuyin laughed and motioned toward the tray, “Hungry? I got some orange juice and scrambled eggs. It’s not as good as grilled cheese,” he winked, “but it will just have to do.”

Lenne formed a small smile on her mouth as she whispered, “I thought you had left.”

Shuyin’s brow wrinkled as if the blitzer was trying to figure out why she’d think that. He ignored the food momentarily and crawled back into bed with Lenne, wrapping his arms around her and kissing her forehead, “Why would I leave?”

“Yunalesca told me that you tend to do that. She called it ‘love ‘em and leave ‘em’.” Lenne replied, turning her head to look up at him. She attempted to read his expression, but it remained unreadable as he thought about what she said. The moonlight reflected in his eyes and made his normally beautiful blue eyes even more gorgeous.

After a moment, the blonde said, “I don’t know where Yuna gets her information, but she’s mistaken.” He pushed a strand from his eyes and continued, “You can ask anybody, but I don’t just leave. Most of the time I sleep until noon!” he laughed, “and if for some reason I have to leave early it’s because of an early practice and I tell them about it well before hand. It’s their own fault if they forget about it.”

“Seriously?” questioned Lenne, her eyes searching his.

“Lennie,” he whispered, “Even if I did do that - which I don’t – I wouldn’t do that to you. You mean too much to me.” He leaned closer to her and kissed her gently. Wrapping her arms around him, Lenne pulled him closer and Shuyin complied by rolling on top of her to continue the kissing. Shuyin pulled his lips away from hers and worked his way down her neck to her collarbone and on downward until a sound caught his attention and he looked at the window just in time to see a shadow duck down as if afraid of being seen.

“Wha…” Shuyin put a finger to Lenne’s lips to silence her question and motioned to the window. Lenne nodded her understanding and Shuyin slowly crawled out of the bed and silently approached the open window and the peeper beneath.

Reaching down quickly, he grabbed the person by the hair and pulled up. His shock at the fact that they were being watched was doubled when he recognized the cry of pain from the person he held.

Allyn…

Yanking harder, he pulled Allyn by the hair through the open window and dropped her on the floor. His blue eyes flashed and the clouds seemed to react to Shuyin’s bad temper as rain suddenly started falling from the sky, “What the hell are you doing here, Allyn?!”

Lenne reached for her nightgown and pulled it over her head before rising from the bed to join Shuyin, “I’d certainly like to know that too.”

Allyn rubbed her sore scalp and scowled at Lenne before rising to her knees and turning her attention to Shuyin, “I was going for a walk…”

“You never were a good liar, Allyn.” Shuyin said, “Why were you watching us?”

Allyn narrowed her eyes, “It wasn’t for fun, that’s for sure.” The woman replied as she glared at Lenne, “It’s important to know one’s enemies…”

Faster than Allyn could react, Shuyin had her flipped over his shoulder and was carrying her toward the front door with Lenne following in toe. Allyn kicked and screamed but Shuyin wouldn’t let her down as he opened the front door and walked into the yard where he promptly dumped her in the mud. Allyn let out a furious scream and pounded her fists next to her which only succeeded in making the mud splash and land on her face and hair. As the rain pelted hard from a diagonal position, Shuyin leaned over toward her – still clad in only his boxers – and hissed, “Don’t ever come near me or Lenne again.”

“Are you threatening me, Shuyin?” the muddy woman asked.

Shuyin stood up straight and shook his head, “You’re not important enough to threaten, Allyn. Just count your blessings that I don’t have you arrested for stalking, peeping, breaking and entering…”

“You’re the one that dragged me into the house!” Allyn shouted.

Shuyin smirked, “It’d be mine and Lenne’s word against yours, sweetheart…”

“You wouldn’t!”

“Go ahead and test me, Allyn.” Shuyin replied, “I’m sick of dealing with you. Leave me alone!!”

Allyn rose her furious figure from the mud and attempted to fix her hair but gave up and instead wiped rain from her eyes. She stared at Shuyin for a moment before whispering, “You belong with me. I promise you, you will be mine again.” Allyn glared at Lenne who was just a few feet behind Shuyin, “This isn’t over, bitch.”

Allyn marched off trying to maintain some of her self assurance in her step and when she was certain that Shuyin and his little tramp weren’t looking, she dialed a number on her cell phone. When the man on the other end answered, Allyn quickly wiped a stray tear away and said, “Benedict? It’s Allyn. I need you to do something for me…”

----------
let meh know wat ya think!

SoRaBhK_dUdE

Dun, dun, duuuun. Who did Allyn call? What will that guy do? Why am I always late to the party? And why do I keep on asking these questions? Find out on the next Silver Wings! Errr anyways.. nice chapatah tis was grrrreat! Nice scene where they *coughgotclosercough*. Eyeah so next chapter in progress? cant wait wooooo.

Nebula Zero

THE GREATEST ATTACK EVER
Awards
wow, that whole making love scene was really beautiful*sob*
ur good(very good), this fic is better than mine >_>*looks at fic Chasing the Stars*
...yup, definately better -_-

Last edited:

redharry123

a wanderer
awww thanks! i wasn't sure if people would like that scene (when len and shuyin get....closer) ok well here's the next chappie! i wasn't sure if i wanted this to happen, but the more i thought about it the more i realized this is the direction i want the fic. to go in.

Chapter Twelve: Blood on the Carpet

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

The incessant ringing of his cell phone woke Shuyin and Lenne around 9am the next morning. The young couple lay wrapped in each other’s arms and Shuyin had to gently pull his arm out from under the songstress to reach his jeans – and therefore, his cell – which were lying on the floor. Blinking the sleep from his eyes, Shuyin pushed the TALK button and said groggily, “Hello?”

“Good morning, sunshine.” Came Zaon’s overly cheery voice.

Shuyin smiled and sat up letting the sheet fall away from his toned torso, “Good morning, Zaon. To what do I owe the pleasure?”

“Well, I just wanted to tell you about the weirdest dream.” Zaon said, a small laugh in his voice, “I dreamt that you and Lenne were outside of her house in your underwear yelling at Allyn who was sitting in a mud puddle. Do you have any idea what might have caused that dream?”

Shuyin’s laugh caused the half-asleep songstress at his side to jump, “What is so funny?” she asked.

Her boyfriend put a hand over the receiver and replied, “Zaon saw us last night with Allyn.”

“Did Yuna see?!” Lenne cried, louder than she wanted to. The young songstress was not in the mood to have a lecture from her best friend about how stupid it was to sleep with a man that – just the day before – was having sex with his ex girlfriend.

Shuyin relayed Lenne’s question to Zaon and then said to the woman, “No, he said she was asleep by then.”

“Yuna’s getting groceries.” Zaon said, once again gaining Shuyin’s attention, “Why don’t I come over and we’ll talk. I’ve got at least 30 minutes before she’s due back.” Shuyin could feel the smirk on his best friend’s features as Zaon asked, “You are at home, aren’t you?”

“You know damn well where I am, you dork.” Shuyin replied, “That’s why you called my cell and not my home.”

“That’s true!” cried Zaon, “So, interested in some company?”

After gaining the okay from Lenne, Shuyin and Zaon hung up agreeing that the blue haired husband of Yunalesca would join them in 10 minutes which gave Lenne enough time to quickly make some pancakes. By the time Zaon joined the duo, breakfast was being served and he took his seat across from Shuyin. Smiling broadly, Zaon asked, “So why was Allyn here and sitting in mud?”

Lenne giggled a little as she downed a gulp of orange juice and Shuyin smiled before saying, “I don’t know where to start on that one.”

“Starting at the beginning is always a good idea.” Suggested Zaon with a wink.

“The beginning,” Shuyin replied, “has too much information that you don’t need to know. I think I’ll start at the middle.”

Taking a sip of the juice before him, Shuyin began his detailed description of just what happened from the moment he noticed the shadow at the window to when Allyn was dropped into the mud. He especially took great care to describe how a furious Allyn had pounded the ground next to her but only succeeded in splashing more mud upon herself.

Zaon’s laughter was joined by Lenne’s and Shuyin’s at the sheer lunacy of the entire scene Shuyin’s description had painted. After Zaon finally caught his breath, he said, “Sounds like I missed a fun filled evening. I would have paid to see that close up.”

“She deserved it.” Remarked Lenne as she reached down to clear the dishes left on the table. She smiled at Shuyin before turning to Zaon and saying, “I’m sick of her interfering. Maybe she’ll get the hint now.”

“Yeah. Hopefully she’ll see I don’t want anything to do with her.” Shuyin added.

Lenne cocked her eyebrow at him, “Well, if she’s getting mixed signals it’s hard to blame her…”

“I thought you forgave that.” Said Shuyin.

Lenne smiled, “I do, but you have to admit that last night was entirely your fault. You caused her to think there was hope.”

“I agree with Lennie.” Zaon said.

Shuyin threw his hands in the air in fake exasperation, “Everyone’s against me!”

The trio laughed a little and chatted about unimportant topics until Zaon looked at his watch, “Well, Yuna should be getting home any minute now. I’d better get going.” He stood and kissed Lenne on the cheek, “Don’t worry. I won’t tell Yuna that you…uh…forgave him.” He said with a wink, “Your secret is safe with me.” Shutting the door behind himself, Zaon left the couple alone.

The blitzer followed his girlfriend into the kitchen with a handful of dishes to help her clean. She pointed to the counter, “Just put them there. I’ll take care of it.”

Shuyin shrugged and backed up, bumping a spiral notebook off of the counter. He picked it up and noticed some scribblings on the front page.

I know that you're hiding things

Using gentle words to shelter me

Your words were like a dream

Lenne let out a little squeal and ripped the book from his hands, “No! That’s private.”

“What is it?” asked Shuyin, his interest peaked.

“It’s a song I’m writing.”

Shuyin smiled, “Can I hear it?” Lenne shook her head and shoved the book into a nearby drawer. Shuyin laughed a little, “I’m going to hear it when you sing it at the game anyway. Why can’t I hear it now?”

“First,” Lenne replied, putting a hand on her hip, “It’s not finished. Second, I’m not writing it for a game.”

“What are you writing it for then?”

Lenne blushed and turned away as she whispered, “It’s a song I’m writing for you.”

Shuyin grinned, “Well, I suppose I could wait to hear it when it is finished.” Lenne looked at him with her broadest grin of the morning and Shuyin wished he could lock that look on her face in his mind forever. She was happy, peaceful. If he was unsure of his love for her at all, he was sure now. “I’ve got to get going, babe.” Shuyin said as he kissed her softly, “If I’m late to practice again, Wargna’s going to kill me.”

Lenne smiled, “Do you have to go?” she asked with a suggestive wink.

Nodding, Shuyin replied, “I’d much rather stay with you, but I have a job to do.”

“I really wish you didn’t have to leave.” Lenne confessed, “but if you must, you must.”

Shuyin kissed her forehead, “I must, but I will be back.”

Shuyin had been gone for about a half hour when the doorbell rang. Lenne thought it was Yunalesca and Zaon although when they’d asked if she wanted to join them for a walk near the blitzball stadium she’d declined. Maybe they were there to try and change her mind.

Lenne reached for the door and opened it while saying, “I told you guys that I’m not interes….” The person before her wasn’t Zaon or Yunalesca. Whoever it was, was wearing all black – including a ski mask – to hide their features. Their hands were covered in leather gloves but it was the knife in the person’s hand that sent alarm bells off in Lenne’s head. Instinctively, Lenne made a move to slam the door but her unwanted visitor was faster and forced their way inside, brandishing the knife like it was a toy.

Her assailant kicked the door closed behind her as Lenne made a dash toward the kitchen in the hopes of getting a knife for herself but her assailant was faster and grabbed the songstress’s hair, pulling her backward until Lenne lost her balance and fell to the ground. Lenne saw the knife heading toward her and she turned on the ground as quickly as she could but the assailant’s aim was true and the knife penetrated deeply into Lenne’s left arm.

Lenne screamed out in pain and was just dazed enough to not see the next attack until the knife was firmly in her left side. Her scream seemed to echo off of the walls as the attacker continued to cut and stab her. Finally the assailant backed off. All Lenne could feel was the pain as her blurry vision tried to find where her assailant had gotten to. She saw the person throwing some old vases into a bag before he stared long and hard at her photographs that were lined neatly. There were a few of herself with Yunalesca and a few of herself with Zaon. The man ended up grabbing the one of herself with Shuyin and throwing it into the bag. Lenne tried to say something but all she got for her trouble was the realization that blood was coming from her mouth as well as the other wounds that had been recently inflicted.

“Still alive, are we?” her assailant hissed. It was a man’s voice but it wasn’t one that she recognized. He leaned down closer to her face, “Well, you won’t be for long. You’ll bleed to death long before anybody finds you.”

Lenne coughed the blood from her lungs and let out one final scream before the man balled his hand into a fist, and smacked her hard against the temple and Lenne’s world went black.

The blitzball connected with the back of Shuyin’s head, but the blitzer didn’t seem to notice. Something was wrong. He could feel it. A cold sense of dread came over his body and soul and he’d learned to listen to it.

The last time he’d felt like this was when his parents had died.

Ignoring the confused looks of his teammates – particularly those of Skirpa and Bruttam – Shuyin swam out of the sphere pool and ran over to Wargna, “I need to leave, right now.” He said.

“What?!” shrieked Wargna, “You were late to the last practice and now you want to leave early!”

Shuyin’s eyes took on a desperate light, “I really need to leave. Something is wrong. I just know it.” The blitzer didn’t wait for his coach’s response as he ran, dripping wet, from the stadium. He ignored Skirpa and Bruttam’s shouts to wait up and plunged into the daylight outside of the stadium where he ran right into Zaon and Yunalesca.

“Practice is over already?” Zaon asked but his friend didn’t answer. He ran around his best friend and his wife and into the direction of Lenne’s house. His heart was pounding and his breath was ragged.

Something was wrong….

Shuyin could hear footsteps and shouts behind him. Yunalesca, Zaon, Skirpa, and Bruttam were following him. Normally the blitzer would have stopped and waited for them, but he couldn’t this time. Something told him that every second he wasted would have dire consequences.

The outside of Lenne’s house looked fine. Her front door was closed and her lights were on. Nothing appeared to be out of place on the outside, but when Shuyin put a shaking hand on her doorknob to open it, he noticed a small drop of blood near his foot. His heart nearly jumped through his throat as he threw the door open and screamed.

Lenne was lying in a pool of her own blood. The songstress’ face was pale and a bruise was forming near her temple. Shuyin dove to his knees, unconcerned that he was lying in her blood. He lifted her gently in his arms and started screaming, “Lennie! Lennie! Wake up!”

“Lenne!” Yunalesca’s scream was almost as loud as Shuyin’s and the blonde female knelt on the other side of her friend and stroked her hair. Skirpa, Bruttam, and Zaon didn’t move. It was as if they were frozen in place. The blitzer was screaming and crying, trying to awaken his girlfriend while the blond summoner was stroking her hair and talking to her as if she could hear.

Zaon took a tentative step toward the scene and gently placed a finger on Lenne’s neck to feel her pulse. He was sure there wouldn’t be one and wasn’t sure how he was going to tell Shuyin and Yunalesca, but to his surprise her pulse was there. It was weak, but there. The blue-haired man turned to Bruttam, “Call an ambulance, now!”

The next hour was a blur for Shuyin. He saw police and ambulances. Sirens and lights flashed from outside as people came and went. Doctors attended to Lenne and tried to stop her bleeding as they hooked her up to IV’s and put her on a stretcher for transportation to Zanarkand Memorial Hospital. This entire time, Shuyin didn’t move. His eyes were focused on the huge puddle of blood that was staining Lenne’s white carpet. The color seemed to be taking up the entire room and drowning out every other color. Everything that reminded him of Lenne seemed to be drowning in red.

“This place looks much better than when Yuna lived here. Less pink…”

“I hate pink. Blue is my favorite color.”

His hands were covered in blood and it dripped down his shirt and pants like water. He vaguely felt a hand on his shoulder and heard Zaon say something about going to the hospital. Shuyin let his friend lead him from the blood filled room and out into the yard where Yunalesca was rinsing her clothes off with a hose and offered to do the same thing for Shuyin.

The cold water didn’t faze him. Shuyin didn’t move or shiver or shake as it connected with his bare face and rinsed Lenne’s blood from his clothes. He barely acknowledged movement as Zaon led him to his car and proceeded to drive himself, Yunalesca, and Shuyin to the hospital.

The trio was quickly ushered into the emergency room where the doctors were giving a synopsis of Lenne’s condition. Shuyin, however, wasn’t listening. He was drawn inexplicably toward the window curtain that sheltered Lenne’s emergency room cot from the waiting area. Gently pulling the curtain aside, Shuyin had to hold back a sob at what he saw.

Lenne was hooked up to three IV needles that each seemed to be pumping a different kind of clear liquid into her veins. Her face was taking on a yellow color that was offset only by the purplish bruise just next to her left eye.

Why had he left her alone?! She hadn’t wanted him to leave. He shouldn’t have left. Why did he leave her? He’d promised her that he wouldn’t leave her and he did.

“You’ll never be alone as long as I’m alive.”

“Shu,” Zaon’s voice was like a shot in the dark and Shuyin jumped when his friend put a hand on his shoulder.

“What?” Shuyin said, more harshly than he wanted to. His nerves were frazzled and he hated feeling like this was his fault. Knowing that this was his fault.

“The police are done at Lenne’s. They said it looks like a robbery gone bad because some vases and picture frames were taken.” he gave Shuyin a caring smile, “I’m going to take Yuna home. She’s really upset and there’s nothing more we can do here right now. Do you want me to drop you off too?”

Shuyin shook his head and looked at Lenne again. She seemed so helpless in that bed. Helpless…tiny. He could feel his heart literally breaking and the pain was enormous. The blitzer shook his head, “I’m going to stay here with her.”

Zaon nodded, “Okay.” He whispered as he wrapped an arm around Shuyin’s shoulder and gave his best friend a half-hug, “Call me if you need anything. I don’t care what time it is.”

Shuyin stood staring into Lenne’s room for almost an hour after his friends had left. It was dark outside but the blitzer didn’t care what time it was. He didn’t care that the wing of the hospital was practically empty as family and friends of the other patients were going home.

He just wanted to be with Lenne.

The sound of her heart monitor was both frightening and comforting. It scared him that she was like this but it comforted him that her heartbeat was strong. It gave him hope that she’d open her eyes and look at him again. Taking a seat next to her bed, Shuyin laid his head upon her stomach and let himself drift into a dreamless sleep.

The first beams of daylight woke Shuyin a few hours later and he blinked the sleep from his eyes as the realization of where he was dawned on him. He stood slowly and stretched his weary muscles and walked over to the window. The sunrise was breathtaking as it always was in A-East.

“The city lights go out one by one. The stars fade, then the horizon glows, almost like it’s on fire. It’s kinda rose-colored, right? First in the sea, then it spreads to the sky, then to the whole city. It gets brighter and brighter, till everything glows. It’s really…pretty”

“It is beautiful. You can’t see it so well in C-South. The smog tends to hide the skyline.”

“That’s exactly why I’d never want to live there. In A-East you can take a deep breath and not worry about what organisms you just inhaled.”

A single tear streamed down his face as he turned back to Lenne. She hadn’t moved and was breathing steadily through the tubes they had sticking up her nostrils. Her beautiful body was covered in bandages from the multiple stab wounds she’d received and the bruise on her face looked worse than it had just a few hours before.

Who could have done this to her? Why would someone have done this to her? Robbery or no, Lenne wouldn’t have struggled with the person. They could have just taken what they wanted and left. It just didn’t feel right. It made no sense to attack this woman over vases and picture frames!

Something wasn’t right….

Shuyin ran tired fingers over his hair and turned his back to the window still thinking about this when his breath caught in his throat.

“This isn’t over, bitch.”

Allyn! Allyn had threatened Lenne. She’d done it before but there was something about her threat last night that seemed much more imminent. Allyn wouldn’t have done it herself. No, Allyn wouldn’t have wanted to risk it herself but she could have hired someone to do it. Someone in her father’s army, perhaps? Did Reiber know anything about it?

Shuyin growled angrily in his throat at the mere thought that Allyn would do this to Lenne. Taking one last look at Lenne, Shuyin stormed out of the hospital. Bevelle held the answer and that was exactly where Shuyin was headed.

Nebula Zero

THE GREATEST ATTACK EVER
Awards
w00t! go Shuyin! *waves flag
suspenseful! keep goin! i must read more!!!!! >.<

J

JenovaDOWNFALL

Hey G! havent seen u in long, keep it up im rootin 4 ya!

redharry123

a wanderer
I'll post another chapter, since..well....i feel like it and because you asked so nicely! lol

Okay, in this chapter Shuyin makes the biggest mistake of his life. This is also the first chapter he sees Vegnagun but that machina isn’t the big mistake I’m talking about although using that thing is pretty damn stupid. The mistake I’m talking about will set everything in motion. See if you can pick it out. If not, it’ll be spelled out blatantly later.

Chapter Thirteen: Deadly Confession

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

“I’m sorry sir, but President Ackmard is busy at the mome…”

“I don’t give a shit what Reiber is doing.” Shuyin hissed at the middle aged secretary that barred his entrance to Reiber Ackmard’s office, “Tell him that Shuyin Bacohl demands to see him.”

The woman raised her nose at him and replied, “I’m sorry sir, but President Ackmard is busy at the moment. You’ll have to wait your turn…”

Shuyin glared at the woman and then proceeded to storm around her and kick the door to Reiber’s office open. The president was sitting at his desk staring blankly at a cup of coffee when the sudden visitor shook him from his thoughts. Reiber’s eyes widened in surprise and then his mouth formed a smile, “Shuyin! What a pleasant surprise.”

“Save it, Reiber. I’m not here for pleasantries.”

Reiber stiffened a little and motioned for his secretary – who had followed Shuyin – to leave the two alone. The woman nodded and pulled the door shut as she left. Reiber rose from his chair and walked to the other side of his desk where he leaned, “What’s going on, Shuyin?”

“Two days ago Allyn was spying on me as I made love to my girlfriend. I caught Allyn who proceeded to threaten my girlfriend,” Shuyin’s face took on a pained look, “Yesterday my girlfriend was brutally attacked and almost stabbed to death by someone. The police think it was a robbery although all the person took were cheap vases and some pictures.”

Reiber stood and put his hands on his hips, “Am I to assume that you think my daughter had something to do with it?”

“Yes,” Shuyin replied, his eyes fixing coldly on the man in front of him, “That’s exactly what you’re supposed to think.”

The silence between them seemed almost threatening in itself. Shuyin knew that Reiber thought Allyn could do no wrong. Shuyin had thought that too…a long time ago. Coming here and telling the president of the country that wanted to destroy his hometown that he thought his daughter was capable of committing some sort of atrocity was a huge risk, but it was one that Shuyin was willing to take.

Reiber Ackmard’s entire body tensed as he hissed, “First of all, Shuyin, I didn’t even realize you had a girlfriend. Allyn told me that there was some girl you liked. I didn’t realize it was serious.”

Shuyin scoffed, “Of course Allyn spins the truth her way. Typical…”

Reiber scowled, “Secondly,” he continued with a stern tone, “Allyn came here two nights ago and has been here since.”

“She must have gotten one of your soldiers to do it.” Shuyin declared, “That is the only reasonable explanation.”

Reiber let out a laugh, “There are plenty of other explanations, Shuyin.” The president shrugged, “I’m sorry about your girlfriend. I certainly hope she’ll be okay, but Allyn didn’t have anything to do with it. She has no control over this army. Most of my men don’t even know who she is since she’s been living in Zanarkand.” Reiber leaned forward and put his hands on his knees, “Allyn didn’t have your girlfriend stabbed.”

A crash came from behind Shuyin and the blitzer spun to find Allyn standing there, shaking with broken cups, plates, and food on the floor at her feet – the remnants of tea and cookies for her father. Allyn’s green eyes seemed shocked and horrified as she asked, “Lenne was stabbed?” Allyn stepped over the mess at her feet as if she didn’t care and rushed over to Shuyin, “Is she okay?”

Shuyin scoffed, “Like you care.”

A flash of hurt appeared in Allyn’s eyes and Shuyin felt guilt at dismissing her so coldly, “I may hate her, Shuyin, but I’d never want her hurt.”

“Well she is hurt. She’s laying in ICU with tubes and IV’s and…” Shuyin turned away as the tears came to form behind his eyes. He wiped them away with the back of his hand before turning back to her, “You threaten her and she’s attacked. Explain that!”

“I didn’t do it, if that’s what you’re suggesting.”

Shuyin sneered at her, “I know that you wouldn’t do it. What I want to know is who did you pay to do it?”

“Do you really think that little of me?” Allyn asked, “Do you really think that I’d pay to have Lenne murdered?”

The look in her eyes caused Shuyin to collapse in the chair behind him. Allyn seemed genuinely concerned about Lenne. Allyn wasn’t a good actress and couldn’t fake being upset if she really wasn’t. Besides, Allyn would have wanted Lenne to leave of her own accord instead of dying. Shuyin sighed, “No.” he replied, “I’m sorry. I’m just…”

Allyn put a comforting hand on his knee, “I know you’re upset.” Shuyin looked up at her and she gave him a smile, “I’ll give you a tour of the compound. It’ll help you get your mind off of things for a while. What do you say?”

“If it’s okay with Reiber…”

Allyn grinned, “It’s fine. Come on.”

Shuyin followed Allyn out of the side door to the office that she used to bring the tea. The secretary was now cleaning up the mess as Allyn motioned for him to follow her to the right in a small hallway just outside of the door. Another left took them out to the temple where Allyn and he got on an elevator and went down the bowels of the castle. She looked at him, “I want to take you to see the secret weapon that nobody wants to use.”

“Secret weapon?”

Her voice echoed off of the walls as Allyn said, “It was built to use in the war that Daddy keeps saying is inevitable. It’s too powerful though. Nobody wants to use it.”

Allyn pulled open the door and motioned toward the gigantic machina that stood before them. Shuyin let out a gasp as his eyes caressed the colossus. It was almost as big as the room they were in and it appeared to almost have a face. A deep copper color, this machina was the most beautiful thing Shuyin had seen – with the exception of Lenne. His mouth opened and closed for a moment before he said, “What is this thing?”

“Vegnagun.” Allyn replied, “It’s has enough firepower to wipe Zanarkand off of the planet. I think that’s the reason nobody wants to use it. Vegnagun is infinitely hard to control. Daddy acts like it has a mind of its own.”

Shuyin took a step closer to it and said, “Is that why there are so many security spheres and guards around?”

“Yeah,” Allyn said, nodding, “I’m allowed down here since I’m Reiber’s daughter but nobody is allowed to touch it.”

“How would you even use something like that?”

Allyn pointed to a piano like object on top of what appeared to be Vegnagun’s head, “See that keyboard? You play the notes listed in the correct order and Vegnagun springs to life. They made it so that only people with piano skills could use it.” She smiled at him, “I probably shouldn’t have told you that, though. You are the enemy and your mother did make you take those piano lessons when you were a kid.”

Shuyin laughed, “I doubt I’d remember much anyway. I haven’t played in years.”

“I heard it’s like riding a bike.” She replied, “You never forget.”

She caught Shuyin’s eye and the two stared at each other for a few minutes before Shuyin broke contact, “I should get back to the hospital.”

Allyn nodded, “I suppose you should.” She smiled at him and touched his shoulder gently, “I’m going to stay here for a bit, but I’ll be thinking about you. I’m sure she’s going to be fine.”

“Thanks Allyn.”

“Can I ask you something before you leave?” Allyn questioned, grabbing Shuyin’s arm to keep him from leaving.

Shuyin cocked an eyebrow, “What is it?”

“This may not be the most appropriate time to ask this,” Allyn admitted with a shrug, “but I’m curious anyway.” She smiled at him and asked, “If Lenne wasn’t in the picture, would you come back to me eventually?” she placed a firm hand on his chest, “I’m not hoping she’ll die, mind you. This is strictly hypothetical. Like, if she left tomorrow and I was still around…”

Shuyin’s blue eyes scanned the room for a moment and then locked with Allyn’s green orbs before whispering, “Probably.”

After Shuyin was safely on the hover back to Zanarkand, Allyn focused on her next mission. Stalking angrily down the hallway to the military compound, she shoved the door open and glared at the two soldiers talking with Benedict Cyton, “Get the hell out! I have business with the commander.”

Benedict motioned with his hand and dismissed his troops. Once the two men had scurried out and shut the door, he turned his deadly black eyes on Allyn and gave her a smirk, “What can I do for you, Miss. Ackmard?”

“Don’t ‘Miss. Ackmard’ me you fiend!” Allyn shrieked as she approached Benedict, “I told you to scare Lenne. I told you to bust into her house, smack her around a little, act like it was because Shuyin was involved in some organized crime thing so she’d leave Zanarkand.” Allyn’s frame shook and she pounded her fists on the desk in front of Benedict as she screamed, “I didn’t tell you to practically DECAPITATE her!!!”

Benedict smiled slightly and stood to walk around his desk and closer to Allyn, “I didn’t decapitate her, Allyn. I simply took your orders and expanded upon them so that it would help you more.”

“How is having that little b*tch in the hospital with Shuyin here to accuse me of trying to kill her helping me?!”

Benedict patted Allyn on the head condescendingly, “If I just smacked her around a little, she wouldn’t leave. She’d talk to Shuyin and then they’d just have sex again to make up.” Benedict’s black hair seemed almost blue in the light as he turned his back on Allyn and said, “Even if she did leave, he’d just run after her.”

“He didn’t run after me! Why would he run after her?”

Benedict laughed, “First of all, Allyn, Lenne wouldn’t be leaving for another man which is the precise reason Shuyin didn’t come after you. Secondly, he loves Lenne. I’m betting what he felt for you was below the belt.”

The sting of her hand connecting with his cheek sent chills down Allyn spine and her blood almost stopped cold when he looked at her. Her green eyes spat fire as she hissed, “Shuyin loved me. Shuyin loves me. We’re going to be together forever and that’s the way it’s going to be.”

Benedict cackled, “Whatever. Live in fantasy land if you want.” He turned his back to her and walked around his desk again, “I helped you in the long run anyway, so when do I get my reward?”

Allyn scoffed, “How did you help me?”

“You can show concern for the pretty little songstress.” Benedict replied, “If she lives, Shuyin will be grateful for the concern you showed her. If she dies, Shuyin will want someone’s shoulder to cry on. Either way, you’ve got an in.”

“But I am concerned about her.” Said Allyn, “The girl is probably going to die because of you.”

Benedict shook his pointer finger, “Uh, uh, uh…” he said, “Not because of me, dear. Because of you. You’re the one that got me involved.”

“But I didn’t want you to…”

Benedict was in front of her in a flash and he placed a finger under her chin to tilt her eyes to meet his, “We can’t change the past, Allyn. Just make the most of a bad situation and turn it to your advantage. You’re a smart girl and I’ll help you again if you want me to.”

“And the next time you help me, you will follow my instructions exactly.”

Benedict nodded, “Absolutely, my dear.” He said soothingly, “Now, I’d like my reward now.”

“You really don’t deserve it.” Replied Allyn.

Benedict’s eyes flashed “Either you give me what you promised me, or I tell Shuyin the truth.”

Allyn growled, “Fine".

~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~

I’m currently toying with the idea of having a “Silver Wings 2”. It would take place after FFX-2 (since we all know what happened during that time) and therefore be a FFX-3 story. It would focus on Tidus, Yuna, and the others from FFX and FFX-2 and how Tidus suddenly starts remembering Shuyin’s past (and possibly becoming Shuyin for certain time frames). It’s still in the thinking stages since I need to finish “Silver Wings” before I start a sequel, but if anyone is interested in a possible sequel to this story let me know in a post and I’ll definitely start to plan it out and begin it right after I’m done with “Silver Wings”. Only 7 more chapters of "Silver Wings" left!

Nebula Zero

THE GREATEST ATTACK EVER
Awards
oooh, nice one. it feels like im teh only one reviewing this, but disregarding that, this is one hell of a fanfic, one worthy of my time compared to some lemons in this forum. u are an amazing writer and i salute u:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back