• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Signature of the Week Addition

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Think you guys can implement something that doesn't allow users to right-click the image that's displayed in the box? I've been to a few sites that doesn't allow the visitors to right click. If you can do that, you can show that without much fear of someone ripping the sig.

Although, a little something about the SOTW History. I believe Fleer's sig shows up on both of the 55 boxes. Glitch, mistake, or done purposely?

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
Doing so may require some scripting into the mod itself, or would screw up right clicking in the forum altogether. But it might be possible..depends on what DG finds out.

Manchester Black

Famous for Nothing
Awards
Although, a little something about the SOTW History. I believe Fleer's sig shows up on both of the 55 boxes. Glitch, mistake, or done purposely?

Actually, #55 was between Darky and Crow, not Flare. They both show up in both boxes because they were attached as one image. I'll remove one entry and leave the remaining one with both names attached to it.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
OH! I just noticed that all the sigs are hosted up under "AsheRandall". It reminded me of Fleer's name for some reason ._.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Think you guys can implement something that doesn't allow users to right-click the image that's displayed in the box? I've been to a few sites that doesn't allow the visitors to right click. If you can do that, you can show that without much fear of someone ripping the sig.

There's a print-screen button on most every keyboard.

I'm not sure if disabling right-clicking on the forums would help so much. Firstly, because, we need the right-click feature on the forums, like for opening links in new tabs lol. Don't disable the right-click feature =/

Ryu

an obscene gesture
There's a print-screen button on most every keyboard.

Yes, but the majority of rippers are those who don't even know what ripping is and probably have no idea how else to copy an image. Either way it'd lessen the (already very small) chance of it being ripped.

But I agree that there's two sides to disabling right clicking for the entire main forum. Now if you could disable right clicking just for the signature-addition itself, that'd be a whole other story.

Gamergirl

Silver Member
-Guests cannot see it, you have to be logged in

That still doesnt help that much. Some guests may just become a member just so they can rip the tags (Wouldn't be surprised if it happened anyway). I'd say put a watermark on the tag when its posted on the front page of the forum.

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
Ripping a sig is possible regardless of whether it's displayed in the SotW mod (both member-only and everyone) or just by going through the forums. You will never be able to fully eliminate the possibility. Remove the abiltity to take a sig via right click in the mod? K, just screenshot (as said), or just go to the SotW forum and take it there.

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
^However, by putting a watermark on the sig stops people from doing that. Hence why names are often put onto a sig so that people can't steal them, or at least make it harder.

On the watermark idea, however, the winner may have to put it on there themselves. To be honest, if they thought they were going to win or find out they have won, they may want to make a watermarked copy to be put up there. And watermarks still may not prevent people and they make them ugly. :/

Either way, ripping is going to happen, it's always happened and Ryu's right, many don't realize it's ripping. If they did, they might not flaunt it off so much. Since guests can't see it, they won't know about it until they register; thus, how would they register to get to it if they don't know about it in the first place?

Besides, in order to entirely stop ripping we'd have to say no images allowed on the forums whatsoever. No FanArt or graphic section. Both are liable for rippers if the ripper really wants to rip something. To be honest, I don't think there's going to ever be a way to stop rippers. This addition isn't going to stop them, no, but I doubt it will encourage rippers either. The SotW addition is to honor the winners.

Milky

Grown Up
Website
www.izuraproductions.com
i've noticed that since the addition of this.
The Graphics section has had an increase of...how should i put it?
Ratings, not-needed comments and just overall biased to the point of being nonsense critique.

Comments like

"IT'S GOOD! 10/10" are flooding nearly every thread now. and it's not really a good thing for us graphic designers, as those who are new to design will take these comments seriously which will then take a huge impact on the outcomes of their work.

We need some enforcement =/

Guile

i've noticed that since the addition of this.
The Graphics section has had an increase of...how should i put it?
Ratings, not-needed comments and just overall biased to the point of being nonsense critique.

Comments like

"IT'S GOOD! 10/10" are flooding nearly every thread now. and it's not really a good thing for us graphic designers, as those who are new to design will take these comments seriously which will then take a huge impact on the outcomes of their work.

We need some enforcement =/

In other words, spam that is there just to get the user's post count up and not to help the artist of the thread.

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
You know where there's a thing at the bottom left hand corner of your screen, when you scroll all the way down, it'll say what you're using

EXP: KHI Lite, KHI Ultimate (The one I'm using), Tren_Z, KHI Blaq

I haven't changed it cause the other skins are hard to get used to

keyblade13

If you're using the KHI Ultimate skin (the only skin it currently works on), you may notice a new block at the very top, which displays an image and some information. That is a new Signature of the Week mod we've installed that will record every SotW from the very beginning til the very end so that everyone has a chance to view some of the fine graphics this forums members have produced. Just about every entry from # 2 to the most recent (#76) has been entered into the database (aside from the few that were missing pictures), so now you may see them all in their full glory.

Those of you NOT using KHI Ultimate, I suggest switching over long enough to check out this mod. It's really cool.

Big thanks to Imran, for installing this, and then working out the kinks, and for DG, for working with him :).

cool(22525252525252252525252525)

Manchester Black

Famous for Nothing
Awards
Lmfao @ SOTW Addition.
How long has that sig been up?

Well, if you visited the Graphics section you'd be aware that the SotW voting hasn't concluded yet, and thus there's no new SotW to put up. But, since you obviously don't, or are just too busy thinking up "witty" lines...

lmfao @ Dogen.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Well, if you visited the Graphics section you'd be aware that the SotW voting hasn't concluded yet, and thus there's no new SotW to put up. But, since you obviously don't, or are just too busy thinking up "witty" lines...

I was just laughing at the irony of it being SOTW and the sig actually being up there more than one week, rather than the condition of whether they have/haven't voted or not. I was only half-serious you know =/ lol

Back