• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should Square-Enix re-release ( not remake ) PlayStation era games?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowXIII

The best of Square was in the PS1 era, from Xenogears, to Final Fantasy, to Chrono Trigger and Cross. But do you think they should be rereleased for anniversaries. they are already doing the anniversary series, such as the two final fantasy ports, and the two ds remakes, but don't you think they should port the old games, for they are classics that a few people might have missed? Sell them for 20$ each, or whatever, because I am disappointed for missing some games, as a lot of others are.

Cyanide Sprinkle

Re: Should Square Re-release Old Titles?

No I don't think so, I would love them to make a new Chrono game or like just re-release them with updated graphics that would be cool

By The Way Chrono Trigger is going on the DS if you didn't know

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net

No, just put them on XBLA or PSN.

I want new IPs not games I've already played. tho really glad CT is going the DS. But that money could be used on new projects. Put you're on titles on PSN and XBLA.

IMO Nintendo was the best era, CT, FF, Front mission etc..

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.

Square is already re-releasing their old titles. Weather or not you agree with the ones they're releasing is your problem.

Cyanide Sprinkle

I want new IPs not games I've already played. tho really glad CT is going the DS. But that money could be used on new projects. Put you're on titles on PSN and XBLA.

putting them on PSN and XBLA is basically the same thing a re-realease so I don't know where you are going with that, plus it doesn't cost much to re-release something that is already made. They have plenty of new IP's coming or that have came out in the last year. Nintendo was an okay year but all the games you mentioned were on Playstation as well. I don't agree with the CT on DS they only added one new dungeon that is lame.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net

They have plenty of new IP's coming or that have came out in the last year.
They didn't have many new IPs last year and they only few this year. SO4 and IU doesn't count because they are by Tri-Ace. and I mean new IPs that have nothing to with FF, KH or DQ not a fighting games with FF characters in it.

So really they only have about 1-3 new IPs one being the 360/PS3(Two if you count the MMO)

plus it doesn't cost much to re-release something that is already made.
and it still cost MONEY to do that on the DS or PSP. Money that could on something new.

Nintendo was an okay year but all the games you mentioned were on Playstation as well.
Yeah, but you made it sound like they started on PS1 also without Nintendo, Sony would have never had them :D

I don't agree with the CT on DS they only added one new dungeon that is lame.
Yet there adding tons more to CT then other version had..

Donnie Yen said:
Lol, isnt that what they're doing already?
next up a remake of FFI-VI on DS2 and PSP2 and ports too the Wii, XBLA and PSN..

and yes they are.. Xenogears is out in Japan on the PSN with a few other titles, and DS is getting tons of ports like FM, FF, DQ.

Crimson Crashing

Inferno - R.I.P <3
Awards

yeah...
I want older final fantasy titles to be released.

Cyanide Sprinkle

They didn't have many new IPs last year and they only few this year. SO4 and IU doesn't count because they are by Tri-Ace. and I mean new IPs that have nothing to with FF, KH or DQ not a fighting games with FF characters in it.

So really they only have about 1-3 new IPs one being the 360/PS3(Two if you count the MMO)

and it still cost MONEY to do that on the DS or PSP.

Money that could be used on newer stuff.

Yeah, but with Nintendo Sony would have never had them :D

Front Mission 1 was never on PS1 was it? As with lot of there other great titles.

Yet there adding tons more to CT then other version had..

Like what when i read it all it said was new dungeon "A brand new dungeon and a Wireless Play mode adds exciting new dimensions to this timeless classic"

That is it, and some dual screen capability. Thats is not a lot of new things. SE has plenty of money it doesn't matter if they re-release an older game AT ALL.

New IPs:
The World ENds With You Last Year
Then coming soon= Last Remnant,Infinite Undiscovery, Star Ocean 4, Dissidia, Sigma Harmonics. That is plenty how many more do you want

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net

yeah...
I want older final fantasy titles to be released.

OMFG, I hope that is a jioke..

Brand-new dungeons and an Arena mode add exciting new dimensions to this timeless classic

Note the s

New IPs:
The World ENds With You Last Year
Then coming soon= Last Remnant,Infinite Undiscovery, Star Ocean 4, Dissidia, Sigma Harmonics. That is plenty how many more do you want
I didn't say that didn't any new IPs last year.. They didn't have many..

Infinite Undiscovery, Star Ocean 4, Not being made by Square. Square has no part in making these games..({Plus does SO4 count as new IP????))

I said new IPs that has nothing do with FF, KH and DQ.. So Dissidia doesn't count. I also said 1-3 new ips Sigma Harmonics, Last Remnant, and there new MMO((with lot of meh titles)

I want the old Square back, the one that took chances and didn't bank everything on on sequels, ports and FF.

Hey, I'm hyped about FFXIII and now I'm hyped about FFVSXIII but that doesn't stop me form wanting more then just FF, sequels ports of titles that I've already played. (((Some sequels I don't mind like PE sequel is great to have because its about time they do something with that. Can't wait for that, FM6 is needed))

But come on new IPs.
SE has plenty of money it doesn't matter if they re-release an older game AT ALL.
Yet, while there working on FFI-VI again they could be working a new project for PS3 or 360.

Still that money could go on something that is new..

Cyanide Sprinkle

Square isn't developing them but they are still part of them. And yes Dissidia counts it is a new game doesn't matter if there are previously made characters in it.

And I am still waiting on ALL these amazing features in the new DS CT

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net

Square isn't developing them but they are still part of them. And yes Dissidia counts it is a new game doesn't matter if there are previously made characters in it.

And I am still waiting on ALL these amazing features in the new DS CT

There still banking on FF..

I said, a new IP that doesn't have anything do with FF, KH or DQ..

Bungie makes a Halo RPG, and people said they wanted a new IP that has nothing with Halo.. Would you say Bungie isn't banking on Halo and it's a 100% new IP?

Square isn't developing them but they are still part of them.
There only the pub though..

Cyanide Sprinkle

I do agree they bank on FF. Im just saying there is nothing wrong with re-releases if you still have new IPs coming out which they do end of story.

Now is the dungeon and dual screen the only new feature, or can you tell me more cause i might consider buying it if there is more things then that.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net

I do agree they bank on FF. Im just saying there is nothing wrong with re-releases if you still have new IPs coming out which they do end of story.
How many FF, DQ, KH games and how many new IPs are coming out?

Also the guy that did UNLIMITED SaGa is working on LR or was..

But that is 100% fine if you want nothing but ports of games you already played and more FF games then newer games. I just want newer IPs.

That is why i hate this gen. It's not just Square that has gotten lazy and stop taking chances it's EA, Ubi, Capcom etc.((Though EA that shouldn't be a shocker.))

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards

How many FF, DQ, KH games and how many new IPs are coming out?
New IP's:
Infinite Discovery (Tri Ace really)
Last Remnant (WOO!)
Sigma Harmonics
Rapture

FF:
Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII compilation (3 games)
DISSIDIA
FFCC:The Crystal Bearers
Chocobo and the Magic Picture Book
I'm stopping here...

DQ:
DQIX
DQVI:Realms of Reverie
DQ:V

KH:
kH:BBS
KH:CODED
KH:358/whatever.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net

New IP's:
Last Remnant (WOO!)
Sigma Harmonics
Rapture

FF:
Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII compilation (3 games)
DISSIDIA
FFCC:The Crystal Bearers
Chocobo and the Magic Picture Book
I'm stopping here...

DQ:
DQIX
DQVI:Realms of Reverie
DQ:V

KH:
kH:BBS
KH:CODED
KH:358/whatever.
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales
Final Fantasy Fables: Cid and Chocobo's Dungeon
Final Fantasy TA2
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon(Wii)
(that not all of them))

So, Yeah. I think we more of a need of new IPs. Square has great team there is no reason form them not to make newer games. But they are making fast money, so I don't blame them. i'D probably do the samething.

I say they will be more KH games later, there not done with that. Probably KH3 for the PS3 and spin offs for the Wii.

(and NO I'm not saying they need to stop with the FF numbers they need too stop with the spin offs though))

I'm real happy there doing a a new PE still wish that was on the PS3 or 360 though.

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales
Final Fantasy Fables: Cid and Chocobo's Dungeon
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon(Wii)
Final Fantasy Tactics A2

So, Yeah. I think we more of a need of new IPs. Square has great team there is no reason form them not to make newer games. But they are making fast money, so I don't blame them.. Look at Nintendo they aimed at moms and forgot about there fans who put them on the map. It's working for them though.((I'd probably do the samething)).
-.- yeah I wasn't gonna add all of that.

Like you said what they are doing is working for them so I don't see a sign of stopping in sight, I do wish that would get over the fear of failure and do more new IP's though. From what new IP's that were/are going to be released they show lots of promise IMO so it's not like the games are even bad, their just scared of the risks.

S

Shadow Soldier

putting them on PSN and XBLA is basically the same thing a re-realease so I don't know where you are going with that

It's cheaper.

Nintendo was an okay year but all the games you mentioned were on Playstation as well.

They were better on the Nintendo console. That's where they belong, home. Also, learn your f*cking dates and years, good lord that was horrible; "Nintendo was an okay year" wtf?!

I don't agree with the CT on DS they only added one new dungeon that is lame.

No reason to fix what isn't broken.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice

They may not be new IPs, but S-E is handling about 10 *major* projects right now (literally), and they still managed to pump out what...4 remakes/ports in the timespan of a year? (FF1, 2, 4, and Tactics)

Not to mention that stuff like TWEWY, FFXII RW, and FFTA2 came out in that timespan.

I think that S-E is huge enough to handle that many new projects and still have people to pump out remakes/ports. It's a good way to bring the classics to people like me who weren't exposed to them at the time of the original release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back