• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should Roxas and Xion come back in Kingdom Hearts 3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wander

If this shit happens, I want it to happen in the last act. I really don't think the overall story would benefit with Roxas, Xion and Ventus following Sora around from world to world. Too many characters on screen, too much dialogue. And I'm the only living person on this planet who doesn't want a giant 7 man party in KH3, but hey, people love the characters or whatever.

Or they could have it BBS style, following their own stories. I don't think KH3 necessairly has to revolve around Sora (though now that I've said it it probably will) and they could shift the narrative like in 3D or BBS. Honestly with the size of the cast, only following Sora's part of the story sounds lame.

Too much of this would be bad obviously, so divide them into like 2 or 3 groups and follow each group's story separately until they come together at the end and I'd be content.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I imagine in order to save Isa, Lea's going to end up having to fight and pwn him. It's a man thing.

Personally, though, I would prefer for Isa to remain a tragic villain (or maybe a Snape-esque hero). The series really needs to acknowledge that everyone can not be saved; I think Isa is the perfect character with which to explore that element. But that's not what this thread is about.

The thing is that up to now we do not even really know if Isa qualifies as a tragic villain. People are quick in deducing that he's more in a victim-role like Terra when it is still entirely possible that he's willngly on the whole boat just like Braig.
Not to mention Nomura tends to mention Isa in tandem with Braig, not with Terra when he speaks about circumstances.

And why does the series need to acknowledge that? What if Nomura doesn't want to acknowledge something like that because it has no room in the fantasy universe like the one he has imagined?
Even IF something like this would happen, it could very well serve as a plot point in the next saga to save those who couldn't be saved in the final showdown against Xehanort, as for example Lea getting a "spin-off" game of his own in the next saga (possibly with Roxas and Xion as party members) to search for a way to bring back Isa, stumbling upon some machinations of the new villain(s) in the process which would only make sense once you play the next (main) title with Sora.
It's not something I would put past the writers to pull off.

Also, somewhat off topic: this is going to be the first main KH game, where Sora isn't looking for Riku and/or Kairi. Hallelujah and praise the Lord. Not that I disliked that in any regard (I love it, actually!), but it's nice it's about saving TVA and RXN (and possibly even AtW and ME) this time. It keeps the same awesome KH formula, but changes it up just enough, so it doesn't feel like a complete rehash. And it's nice that hopefully SRK might get to see each other more in this game, when usually they're separated. Yeah...

That's actually something I thought about too. Besides the "save a bunch of people"-thingy, this time around they also have a firm second goal that goes beyond just "beat up Heartless to protect the worlds" as Xehanort and his machinations to unleash a new all-destructive war over the universe is a threat way bigger than the puny mook-armies of the Heartless.

I certainly hope so as well, not only for SRK but for the whole main cast. It would be nice to see Kairi interact more with Donald and Goofy, Riku, Aqua, Mickey and all the others, same goes for Sora, Riku and the other main original characters.

While the initial setup looks just again like it's a total separation with Mickey and Riku going off on their own and not a single mention of Kairi while Sora again gets to roam the Disney worlds only with Donald and Goofy on a wild goose chase after an ominous key (Nomura has already confirmed that part), it remains to hope that they will a) really search for that damn key and take the godamn thing seriously instead of just forgetting about it once they are five minutes into a Disney world and go then on happy rehashing of the movie plot and b) it won't last for 90% of the game.

Let them only half of the game do with the old formula and then move on to something new, let them reunite with Mickey and Riku and actually allow them into your party, possibly Lea and Kairi as well.
Don't make the same errors as in KH 2 that you only always see SDG's antics in the Disney worlds and have all other characters do their (important to the overall plot) stuff behind the scenes and learn nothing about them until a short cutscene in the second-to-last world or something.

Noonem

Website
www.youtube.com
I hope not, Xion's whole character was annoying, really shouldn't have been there to begin with and I see Ventus coming back instead of Roxas. It'd be confusing for the two of them to be running around.

Roxas? Definitely. Xion? Ehh maybe, but less plausible since her creation and makeup. Do I want them both back? Hell yes. Just think of hi-polygon Roxas. So bad ass.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Roxas? Definitely. Xion? Ehh maybe, but less plausible since her creation and makeup. Do I want them both back? Hell yes. Just think of hi-polygon Roxas. So bad ass.

Her creation and make up wouldn't play any factor here. She grew a true heart like Roxas and namine and like them she just needs a form of her own, her situation is the same as there's only with the twist nobody remembers her.

Wander

I hope not, Xion's whole character was annoying, really shouldn't have been there to begin with and I see Ventus coming back instead of Roxas. It'd be confusing for the two of them to be running around.

We're well past the point of dopplegangers being confusing, considering Master Xehanort, Young Xehanort, Ansem, and Xemnas are running around at the same time.

Quoting the first page of this very thread!

Ah, this topic again, I'm certainly amused.
There are thousands of series and movies where identical characters run around that aren't really twins or otherwise related and creators seldom care, so why should they here?

It's funny to see people always pointing at Roxas and Ven, but have no problem with Riku and Riku Replica and/or Data-Riku.
They are easy enough to differentiate and since I doubt that they will jump around nude all the time, the difference in their clothing and accessoires should be sufficient.
Ven and Roxas have also different voices, as both Kouki Uchiyama and Jesse McCartney take great care to voice them differently.

But nonetheless I've to really thank you for bringing up that topic again because it made me look a bit closer at some pictures of both characters, and I actually noticed now that there is a physical difference between them:
vgo1.png

Here we have Roxas...he has brown eyebrows (like Sora's hair).
e1b9.png

And here's Ventus...he has blonde eyebrows, matching his own hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back