• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should Kairi be a guardian of light?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DefiantHeart

Awards
It's kinda stupid me saying this, but I had an odd vision of there being a new character that becomes a guardian of light when I read this thread. Idk why. Anyways, I hope Kairi becomes a guardian of light, always wanted to play as her. :3 Loved playing as Aqua.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Anyway, currently there are no known restrictions on being both a PoH and GoL. Kairi could be the guardian of a PoH, while at the same time being cared for by yet another guardian, like Sora or Riku. Certainly she isn't going to just sit back and watch from the sidelines again this time now that it's official that she will be swinging a Keyblade around.

All that said, Kairi's actually in a rather difficult situation right now. While we don't want her to receive the damsel-in-distress treatment again, we also don't want her to suddenly be truly overpowered and on par with Sora and Riku (it takes experience to be at the same level as them, and Kairi's certainly lacking in that department). This all stems from the fact that she had been severely shafted in the past games and the concern that there wouldn't be enough time for Kairi to develop properly in KH3.

The writers will be having a "blast" dealing with Kairi in KH3. Here's to hoping that they will be able to do it well.

Yeah, I'm interested to see how the writers will deal with Kairi being both a Princess of Heart and Guardian of Light. It would certainly give more doors for Kairi for more character development as she is simultaneously trying to protect herself and possibly others.

Sorarocks93

Awards

I just hope they don't just dismiss the secret ending as just "Oh we needed to have Kairi knowing how to fight, we actually won't use her at all"... That would be pretty stupid.

One thing I want for KH III is to start with Kairi's Dive to the Heart. But then again only people connected to Sora and himself have had a Dive to the Heart stage, well except Riku but that's because he was in his Heart.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
One thing I want for KH III is to start with Kairi's Dive to the Heart. But then again only people connected to Sora and himself have had a Dive to the Heart stage, well except Riku but that's because he was in his Heart.

It might be possible, and it might even be a part of Kairi's training under Yen Sid to awaken her Keyblade-wielding potential.

I don't think being linked to Sora is a prerequisite, but even if it is, that would only mean practically everybody he's befriended so far is eligible for a trip to within, especially Kairi. Her connection with Sora is (or at least, was, in KH1) truly strong, and that she is (or at least, was, in KH1) his light in the darkness.

As for Riku's case, that's a Dive to the Heart in a very literal sense. :p

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I don't think we'll play a tutorial/have a Dive to the Heart with Kairi or anyone that isn't Sora, or at the very least, strongly connected to him. The purpose of the tutorial/Dive to the Heart is not only to get the player used to the game mechanics, but also the way the character plays. KH has always functioned this way, you normally play as the character(s) in the tutorial that you'll play as in the rest of the game, or as a character that has a strong connection to that character. e.g., In KH2 you play the tutorial as Roxas but because of his strong connection with Sora, their fighting styles are identical. When we switch from Roxas to Sora the change is seamless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back