• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Self-defense

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
The only thing I always carry around is a small knife but seriously, if I'd actually need it for self-defense, I don't think I'd find it in my bag on time. XD

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I never took a course in shooting a gun, but it's probably safer to have students carrying guns on campus considering all the shootings that already happens on a seemingly daily basis. Of course, that could probably open up the possibility of schools turning into the Wild West, which is pretty ridiculous. School is suppose to be a place where students and faculty should feel safe.

Yeah, schools potentially turning into battlegrounds or the Wild West when you are able to carry weapons there is something I am worried about. What if somebody shoots by accident and hurts a person? What if someone steals the gun, or the license to carry one is give to a lunatic? I personally would feel less safe in a school where students can carry firearms.

Reading some of you guys other posts, it saddens me that the places you live in feels and is so dangerous that it gives a birth to a need to have some sort of weapon at hand to defend one self. :( But sometimes I think what I could use as a weapon in a potential break in so I guess it`s not really that different. I haven`t had the need to buy any weapon thou.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Yeah, schools potentially turning into battlegrounds or the Wild West when you are able to carry weapons there is something I am worried about. What if somebody shoots by accident and hurts a person? What if someone steals the gun, or the license to carry one is give to a lunatic? I personally would feel less safe in a school where students can carry firearms.

Reading some of you guys other posts, it saddens me that the places you live in feels and is so dangerous that it gives a birth to a need to have some sort of weapon at hand to defend one self. :( But sometimes I think what I could use as a weapon in a potential break in so I guess it`s not really that different. I haven`t had the need to buy any weapon thou.
Hopefully, background checks will get more detailed.

Also, have you ever thought of getting a guard dog?

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Hopefully, background checks will get more detailed.

Also, have you ever thought of getting a guard dog?

Not really. Me or my family do not have enough time to take care of a dog at the moment. We once had a big dog and used a sign that warned folks that he guards the place, but not anymore.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
With the news of college students being able to conceal firearms, what are your thoughts on it? But besides that specific point, let's talk about where this fits in: self-defense. Are YOU ready to defend yourself? If so: how? Have you ever had to defend yourself? Be it against a bully, burglar, sex assault, you name it.

This thread would have benefited if the focus was on the recent controversial issue rather than narrowing on the less important subcategory of the issue.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
If anyone wants to discuss that SPECIFIC event, then do so here or at another thread. Don't see how self-defense is less of an important topic than the concealed gun subject in Texas.

It's because self-defense is the underlying result of a recent controversial issue. The controversial issue: Should a college student be allowed to carry a gun on campus? In this case, a student who attends University of Texas can legally carry a gun on campus in terms of self-defense.

Self-defense isn't grey area. The world already has current self-defense laws established, so this thread merely reflects personal opinion and experiences rather than conveying anything intelligent.

And that's my point. This thread would have benefited from the controversial issue in terms of intelligent discussion.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
It's because self-defense is the underlying result of a recent controversial issue. The controversial issue: Should a college student be allowed to carry a gun on campus? In this case, a student who attends University of Texas can legally carry a gun on campus in terms of self-defense.

Self-defense isn't grey area. The world already has current self-defense laws established, so this thread merely reflects personal opinion and experiences rather than conveying anything intelligent.

And that's my point. This thread would have benefited from the controversial issue in terms of intelligent discussion.

If guns are able to be carried legally on university campuses, does the same apply with community colleges?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back