• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Schools shown in the Media

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

matrix8140

Fist of The North Star(Freedom)
I couldn't think of a better title at the time, but does anyone else school gets shown as "bad" in the media?

Yesterday my school had some fights occur round the same time(This includes food fights btw). The news end up talking about it as if it was really a big deal. Too the students in the school it was barely a riot. Yeah we did have our share of riots over the years, but we barely consider this one. The news reporters were quick to run up here and get a story. However when it comes to accoplishments like achieving higher SOL scores, and more graduates, they have nothing to say. Or when we are trying to gain courses(I forgot what its called) that will pay students for AP classes. Its really annoying because their not helping the situation at all.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Let me ask you something. You are stuck at home, bored as hell. You turn on to see what is happening on the news. Would you watch a piece on test scores?

Lumen et ignem

Bronze Member
No my school hasn't. Even though they haven't they definetely aren't the perfect school though. Educationwise it's okay but sportswise it's all about who you know and other small town politics.

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
No my school hasn't. Even though they haven't they definetely aren't the perfect school though. Educationwise it's okay but sportswise it's all about who you know and other small town politics.

My school's basically like yours Aqua-Sea-987. Kind of a coincidence, actually.

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
I couldn't think of a better title at the time, but does anyone else school gets shown as "bad" in the media?

Yesterday my school had some fights occur round the same time(This includes food fights btw). The news end up talking about it as if it was really a big deal. Too the students in the school it was barely a riot. Yeah we did have our share of riots over the years, but we barely consider this one. The news reporters were quick to run up here and get a story. However when it comes to accoplishments like achieving higher SOL scores, and more graduates, they have nothing to say. Or when we are trying to gain courses(I forgot what its called) that will pay students for AP classes. Its really annoying because their not helping the situation at all.

Strangely, a couple hours before I came home, a fight occurred between two boys at my school. The fight was really ridiculous because it started out with one pushing and other, which made him mad, causing him to throw a punch . . .

However, it wasn't really serious.

The Enigmatic Man

The Power Cosmic Master
News 12 loves to bash my school whenever it gets the opportunity. A few instances that come to mind is like when there was a shootout/drive-by/arm dismemberment by means of a machete/car chase on one of the roads near the school and we were placed on lock-down(happens a few times a month for shits and giggles) The principal was on his way to some award ceremony for some top students and was questioned about our "bad area" and "dangerous students" even though the incident was in no way related to the school.

As far as food fights go, they were almost completely scheduled for once or twice a week so for any school to get criticized for food fights is ridiculous if you ask me. I also think my school broke the county record for most fights in one day which was about six or seven fights in a span of nine periods last year. Two of those fights occurred during one period, 2 minutes apart lulz.

Teiku 5

Something About, Baby, You and I...
Website
www.facebook.com
it is rare that schools are ever portrayed in a positive light. it doesn't even have to be the news. just look at movies and stuff.

but the news these days is famous for showing only the bad things that are going on. it's not just in the schools. it's everywhere.

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
My old High school was shown in the news for having riots the first few days it was open and many kids were arrested after the fact. The news tried to portray the school as a bad idea since it was school that combined many other high schools from the area but the principal made an effort along with the students to never have a camera crew at the school unless it was for positive things. Every since then the news has covered the school more positively and was called one of the best High schools in Central Florida when I was attending but nothing has ever topped those first few days of school.

αsiя

space coke
My school has been in the news for death, shootings, riots and lockdowns (I didnt experience all of them but my older friends have)

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
Pfft, the only time my school gets any publicity is for sports.

'Cept this year one of your coaches was charged with domestic violence =/

matrix8140

Fist of The North Star(Freedom)
Let me ask you something. You are stuck at home, bored as hell. You turn on to see what is happening on the news. Would you watch a piece on test scores?

I don't watch the news that much currently anyway :v. I rather look at a piece on test scores. Mostly because I know how the hype gets thrown around. They never show that stuff, I gotta turn to crappy channel 99(school channel) for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back