• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► School Switching

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Should I change schools?

• Yes, go man, go!

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • No way, stay where you are.

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie K

Back in Business
For a while now I've been thinking of switching schools. I go to a public scholo right now, and if I changed I'd be going to a Catholic school, I have a..pretty much one day to decide if I'm going to go or not.

If I go to the Catholic school I have to : take the bus, wear a uniform, take religion, and some other things. but the school has a better tech program, and at my current school I'm... less then popular..I just don't know what to do..

Also in my current school I have quiet alot of friends, godo ones too. But I also have a couple friends at the other school.

Last edited:

Boukyaku

Website
www.youtube.com
Hm... Tough situation. =/ I'm in a similar rut - homeschooled now, but my parents want me in a private Christian (non-denominational) school. Still debating...

What is the public school you're in now like? Are there a lot of distractions? Do you feel like you're really getting anything out of it?
Also, do you know what the Catholic school is like? Have you walked through on a tour, talked to teachers/students, etc.? Do you know if it can get you into a good college?

I don't know what Catholic schools are like, but if it will help you get into a good college and give you a real education, I'd say go with that. But find out as much as you can about it. If you really aren't satisfied with it, don't do it. Pray about it. That's pretty much all I can say...

Charlie K

Back in Business
Ugh, this school is realyl boring, same thing pretty much everyday. I do know what the Catholic scholo is like, I've been to a few of their dances, and it seems like a pretty sweet school.
I've been through most of the school, talked to some of the students, but like none of the teachers, though I hear they're strict.

Boukyaku

Website
www.youtube.com
Ugh, this school is realyl boring, same thing pretty much everyday. I do know what the Catholic scholo is like, I've been to a few of their dances, and it seems like a pretty sweet school.
I've been through most of the school, talked to some of the students, but like none of the teachers, though I hear they're strict.

It seems like the social aspect of it isn't an issue, so that's good.
Is it possible you could talk to some of the teachers or something? Do you know the kinds of things they teach/their curriculum(sp?)? If the academics are better than your public school, I'd say go for it.

My mom is a Catholic School teacher. The schools really aren't that bad, but I know that I sure as hell wouldn't choose one over public school. Obviously, though, are situations are probably very different.

So, if you think that it would be a better place, then I say switch. Maybe you should give your current school one more chance. If it doesn't work out, well, then just do what you think would end up being better.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
For a while now I've been thinking of switching schools. I go to a public scholo right now, and if I changed I'd be going to a Catholic school, I have a..pretty much one day to decide if I'm going to go or not.

that's the part where i normally laugh.

If I go to the Catholic school I have to : take the bus, wear a uniform, take religion, and some other things. but the school has a better tech program, and at my current school I'm... less then popular..I just don't know what to do..

That's where I start begging you not to switch.

Honestly, I'm glad with my K-12 public school education; getting to wear whatever the fuck I want, taking whatever classes I wanted to some extent in middle school and being given complete control in high school, among other things.

Also in my current school I have quiet alot of friends, godo ones too. But I also have a couple friends at the other school.

social networking sites work wonders.

Gatorade

Naturally, we called it Gatorade
Noooo public school all the way. You don't even have a good reason to go through the hassle of switching besides the fact that you are bored. It's pointless and more trouble then its worth.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Well, if the Catholic school has a better tech program (and the fact that they generally have better academics anyway) and you don't mind stomaching religion that you may or may not agree with, then I say go ahead and switch.

Honestly, the uniform thing is no where near as big a deal as some people make it out to be. Seriously, it's like, "OH NOES!!! I GOTZ TO WEAR CLOZE DAT ARE SOLID COLOR AND REGULAR PANTZ!!!"

Tragic, I know, but hopefully, the hours of therapy will help you deal with the uniform.

Being serious again, I say go for the better academics when possible, but that's just me.

A

Azrael

If your public school is anywhere in NY, switch to a Catholic School. I despise the public school system there and the vagrants that run rampant there.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
If the Teachers are actually as strict as everyone makes them out to be I say don't go. The Idea of being beaten by a teacher sounds... not good. And If the beating thing is a lie but they still get angry really easily, don't go. Seriously, strict is not good in my oppinion. But you know more about this than I do so...

Last edited:
If the Teachers are actually as strict as everyone makes them out to be I say don't go. The Idea of being beaten by a teacher sounds... not good. And If the beating thing is a lie but they still get angry really easily, don't go. Seriuosly, strict is not good in my oppinion. But you know more about this than I do so...

oh, no.

The teachers can't beat you at Catholic schools. Not around here, at least.

Aqua13

麿 恋仲 麿DYING OF EMBARRA

if you fel this school is much suited for you then go. popularity shouldnt be that important in school.

you can still hangout with your old friends right?

revarai20

Smile like you mean it

Well that must be a toughie but which one do you prefer more, then again, maybe it sounds like you like both but I think you should stay at whichever one you want. The one you feel like you feel like going to the most. The place where you think you can feel comfortable the most (well your school the one your going to now) unless you really have a dream involving tech, then go for it! If not really, then don't, but do whatever you feel is right and in your heart. And don't go to the new school because you want to gain popularity. That's not what school is for. =/

Charlie K

Back in Business
And don't go to the new school because you want to gain popularity. That's not what school is for. =/

Pft, I'd rather be cool at a new school then a loser at my current one, lol, that and my current school is sports, MAJORLY sports oriented, and I dont play sports..like at all, well not on a team atleast.

Aqua13

麿 恋仲 麿DYING OF EMBARRA
True but it won't last long if you think about it.

but should we care about friends during school hours?

i think he/she should switch and still keep contact with his friends. is this so hard? its not like he's moving states. i had to move overseas and i still contact my friends

keybladelegacy

~*Youll be my Living Legacy~*KBL
Website
www.landofdeparture.webs.com
Well i changed schools because i had to and it worked out for the better. I didnt like my old school and it was just not for me. So i'll say go for it if you want, change can be good. A new scenery, teachers, and a chance to make a new start and new friends, shoot i'll take it but only if your up to the challege.
(Side Note: Uniforms would stop me from going to a school,period.)

Aqua13

麿 恋仲 麿DYING OF EMBARRA
Well i changed schools because i had to and it worked out for the better. I didnt like my old school and it was just not for me. So i'll say go for it if you want, change can be good. A new scenery, teachers, and a chance to make a new start and new friends, shoot i'll take it but only if your up to the challege.
(Side Note: Uniforms would stop me from going to a school,period.)

yeah i think he should. i dont see why people think they will abandon there friends just because they switch schools.

still i tihnk uniforms are kinda cool. well i never seen a public school uniform, so i might not know what uniforms you are reffering to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back