• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"RPG" in Kingdom Hearts 2

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

What part of KH1 did u miss in KH2?

• Trinity

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Freedom to explore

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Hidden Treasure Chests

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Lots of Optional Bosses/Goddies

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • Larger worlds

Votes: 15 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

recca_20

is it me or is the worlds in KH2 just too small than the first. There isn't any RPG feel into it anymore because of the much compressed worlds. Treasure chests are not hidden like in the first and u cant really explore anymore because u have to stick to the storyline... i just think that the game got worse because of the removal of the RPG element.. oh and they also took out the trinity stuff...wtf? its like the worlds are 2x smaller than the 1st... wat u think?

PrincessoftheKey

Website
www.freewebs.com
I dunno, I never found that the worlds were too small for my liking. In fact, I thought they got rather elaborate with the Beast's Castle, Pride Rock (LION KING=LIFE), and a few of the other worlds. I wasn't impressed with Radiant Garden. I think the world I enjoyed the most because of it's size was Twilight Town. The underground tunnels? The entire second part of it? Come on, it was a beast of a world!

I don't miss the Trinities too much. They replaced those with the Drive Forms, and I enjoy Sora's different forms much more than the Trinity Marks. As for the hidden treasure chests, I found the completion of Treasure Chests in Jiminy's Journal incredibly hard to do in KH2. There were so many of them it almost compensated for the fact that they weren't hidden too well.

And you could explore AFTER you beat a world...But I do agree that there wasn't as much freedom as there was in KH1.

OmegaRaptor

i rele dont care about all the other stuff altho i disagree with princessofthekey that finding treasure chests was hard. everytime the thing on the journal arrived i'd finish it right away. it kinda was too easy but i like that u get to know when ur finished and u know that ur not searching for nothing.
one major thing i missed was the secret bosses. i mean puting sephiroth back was cool but u could only fight him once and wheres the rest of the secret bosses. thank god finalmix+ will take care of that however with the org battles. i like games with lotsa replay value and side missions and kh1 had that with 4 secret bosses but kh2 replaced it with dumb jiminy missions.

CuStArD LuVeR

I AM THE ONE AND ONLY
I definently liked KH1 better than KH2. Trinity were both cheap in both games, but there was way better stuff to do in KH1 than KH2.

And you forgot to put in the old Abilities Command (or I think of them as Limits), which is now the Drive Command in KH@ and Limit Command.
Ars Arcanum ruled! ANd Strike Raid.

OmegaRaptor

by trinity he meant those little marks on the floor of diff colors, not the limit. and yea kh1 was better because it required more skill. even the abilities as u said like ars arcanum and stuff were cool because they took skill to use correctly instead of just equiping the ability and then its automatically added to ur combo.

Mysticgamer

I missed the larger worlds, but ask for the freedom to explore the worlds... not so much. When I firsted played KH I wandered around Traverse Town aimlessly trying to find a cut scene or something to point me in the right direction. Not finding any I decided to get more potions and then set out again when the cutscene of Leon finding you happens and I was so leveled up that I had no trouble beating him. (9 or 10) And the same thing with Jungle land, I fell out of trees more times than George of the Jungle. Sora's older now so he'd look stuid doing the trinities, like that ring around the rosie dance with Donald and Goofy at the beginning of the game. I don't care about the treasure chest being hidden or not, I'm not a completist. And ask for secret bosses, I wouldn't mind them being there but I doubt I'd ever be able to beat them. When I first tried Sephiroth, he killed me off so fast I'm not sure how he did it.

Last edited:

recca_20

I missed the larger worlds, but ask for the freedom to explore the worlds... not so much. When I firsted played KH I wandered around Traverse Town aimlessly trying to find a cut scene or something to point me in the right direction. Not finding any I decided to get more potions and then set out again when the cutscene of Leon finding you happens and I was so leveled up that I had no trouble beating him. (9 or 10) And the same thing with Jungle land, I fell out of trees more times than George of the Jungle. Sora's older now so he'd look stuid doing the trinities, like that ring around the rosie dance with Donald and Goofy at the beginning of the game. I don't care about the treasure chest being hidden or not, I'm not a completist. And ask for secret bosses, I wouldn't mind them being there but I doubt I'd ever be able to beat them. When I first tried Sephiroth, he killed me off so fast I'm not sure how he did it.

Exploring and getting lost is the whole point of an RPG...just look at the Final Fanasy Series...aint it fun to get lost and explore.. geting the feeling of needing to go to a place for a cutscene is also great! it means u have to listen to the dialougues and not just skip scene, hack slash yur way trough... u need strategy!

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
To me, there really wasn't much of a difference between KH and KHII, of course that in KH had more optional bosses than KHII, but the differences were little. To find treasure chests, it was the same to me, the freedom to explore worlds, it really doesn't matter. Of course if there was a big freedom to roam worlds, it would be hard to find the next cutscene. The worlds well, they weren't much bigger than in KH, but its almost the same. The only difference that I found besides the optional bosses, was that it was much easier to level up, and pretty much that is it.

lv_kh0720

I miss all of them, except the last, coz I don't think the worlds were that tiny, WE JUST DIDN'T HAVE ANY MISSIONS TO PROVIDE US TIME LONG ENOUGH FOR EXPLORING THOSE WORLDS (now this pisses me off...)

from this world to another, and to another, and to another, and to another, and to another, and finally back from the beginning, and to another, and to another, and to another, and to another, and to another..................................

Soren

Awards
I miss everything you put on this poll. KH2 just gave up way too much to still be considered an RPG. It's pretty much an action game now. And finding stuff like the "Trinity Marks" and "99 puppies" was fun. How dare they take that away!! :cursing:

I miss all of them, except the last, coz I don't think the worlds were that tiny, WE JUST DIDN'T HAVE ANY MISSIONS TO PROVIDE US TIME LONG ENOUGH FOR EXPLORING THOSE WORLDS (now this pisses me off...)

from this world to another, and to another, and to another, and to another, and to another, and finally back from the beginning, and to another, and to another, and to another, and to another, and to another..................................

Well said my friend, well said...:closedeyes:

Angel's Prayer

Bronze Member
Bascule -Heaven there is not even up to the sky-
I miss an optional boss in each world. although the paradox cups somewhat make up for it....i hate to admit it, but reaction commands made the game a tad bit easier as the options in every battle are wider than simply runnign around using different slashes. now you can grab and throw opponents, use their attacks against them and what not...a bit easier now.

bond of flames

you've got a soul, use it.
Website
www.facebook.com
i missed the optional bosses.before kh2 was out there was a rumor u could fight the rest of the titans.i wouldh av liked to see that.

and i want to fight kurt ziza again!my favorite heartless!

mellow

I missed the larger words, cause It seemed like game was longer and the words was bigger. Plus you were able to explor more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back