• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Roxas's Keyblade-Fake

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

towerofpowerx

If Xion's Keyblade was a fake like Riku said, then I think there's a strong possibility that Roxas's Keyblade was a "sham" Keyblade as well. Here's why:

Xion's Keyblade would remove the Hearts from Heartless when destroyed, and this is true for the whole game. Roxas's does as well, but there is something that both their Keyblades seem to lack: the ability to lock and unlock Keyholes, or unlock anything for that matter. Not once in the whole game did either of them do that. My hypothesis is that, by absorbing Sora's memories (and at the same time, Sora's power), both Roxas and Xion were able to create their own carbon copies of the Kingdom Key (sham Keyblades). Both of their KK had the same power as Sora's KK (to remove hearts from Heartless), but only a real Keyblade has the ability to lock/unlock Keyholes and whatnot.

Also, in KHII, the first time Roxas whipped out the Keyblade on the lone Dusk, it was a computer-generated Keyblade, not real either. Only after he went through the trial of sword, shield, fight giant monster on glass-pedestal thing that Sora went through could he "summon" the real Kingdom Key (since Sora wasn't using it), the one that could "unlock" stuff as well as kill Heartless (he used it to unlock the mansion, and this is the only time he used any Keyblade for that purpose, strengthening the assumption that only Sora's Kingdom Key could accomplish this).

Also in KHII, when Roxas fought Axel. After Roxas regained his memories, he immediately stopped using the Kingdom Key and pulled out his and Xion's Keyblades, Oathkeeper and Oblivion. It's a little thing, but emphasizes that both of Roxas's dual-Keyblades (his and Xion's) are different and separate from the Kingdom Key.

And lastly, when Roxas and Sora fought in KHII. Here it's simple: how could Sora use the Kingdom Key to fight Roxas if one of Roxas's Keyblades was the real Kingdom Key?

I rest my case :cool:

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
Keyholes were irrelevent in the game, thus locking and unlocking them was not needed, so it was not shown.
Whether or not the Keyblades were able to is, to my knowledge, uncofirmed. Thus, you aren't really able to use it as an argument since you don't have any REAL basis to back it up. =)

As for the duel wielding, what about when Sora duel wields? :/ You saying one of Sora's Keyblades is fake, too?
As far as I know, there are as many Keyblades as there are strong hearted people to wield them. So just because there was more than one Keyblade in existance in Days, doesn't mean they're shams.

UnstoppableSound

If Xion's Keyblade was a fake like Riku said, then I think there's a strong possibility that Roxas's Keyblade was a "sham" Keyblade as well. Here's why:

Xion's Keyblade would remove the Hearts from Heartless when destroyed, and this is true for the whole game. Roxas's does as well, but there is something that both their Keyblades seem to lack: the ability to lock and unlock Keyholes, or unlock anything for that matter. Not once in the whole game did either of them do that. My hypothesis is that, by absorbing Sora's memories (and at the same time, Sora's power), both Roxas and Xion were able to create their own carbon copies of the Kingdom Key (sham Keyblades). Both of their KK had the same power as Sora's KK (to remove hearts from Heartless), but only a real Keyblade has the ability to lock/unlock Keyholes and whatnot.

Also, in KHII, the first time Roxas whipped out the Keyblade on the lone Dusk, it was a computer-generated Keyblade, not real either. Only after he went through the trial of sword, shield, fight giant monster on glass-pedestal thing that Sora went through could he "summon" the real Kingdom Key (since Sora wasn't using it), the one that could "unlock" stuff as well as kill Heartless (he used it to unlock the mansion, and this is the only time he used any Keyblade for that purpose, strengthening the assumption that only Sora's Kingdom Key could accomplish this).

Also in KHII, when Roxas fought Axel. After Roxas regained his memories, he immediately stopped using the Kingdom Key and pulled out his and Xion's Keyblades, Oathkeeper and Oblivion. It's a little thing, but emphasizes that both of Roxas's dual-Keyblades (his and Xion's) are different and separate from the Kingdom Key.

And lastly, when Roxas and Sora fought in KHII. Here it's simple: how could Sora use the Kingdom Key to fight Roxas if one of Roxas's Keyblades was the real Kingdom Key?

I rest my case :cool:

This whole post is meaningless. Riku only said that because he felt as though Xion was a sham, not the keyblade she wielded. The keyblade Roxas and/or Xion wielded were legit.

towerofpowerx

Um, I think someone needs to watch the Riku beating Xion scene again. Riku specifically said that Xion's Keyblade, not Xion herself, was the sham, worthless. As for Keyholes being irrelevant in the game, that I do agree with, but what about other stuff? Sora used the KK to lock/unlock lots of things besides Keyholes (the Underdrome in Olympus Coliseum, the shell with Ariel's voice in Atlantis, etc.). Hell, in Space Paranoids he even used it to telekinetically lift a block to power the canyon back up. Why is it Roxas doesn't use his KK to do anything besides beat Heartless. They already went out of their way to show stuff like that in KHII, why not in Days? Out of all those missions Roxas went on there were surely opportunities for him to do so, if he could. I mean, even one time would've dispelled my suspicions, but I think the complete lack of anything other than using the Keyblade for battle and nothing else speaks for itself.

Oh, and the dual-weilding thing. I actually completely agree with what you said Reika. There are many people with strong hearts out there who can weild Keyblades, and I'm not saying those Keyblades or the second one Sora uses when dual-weilding is fake either. I'm not talking about those. I'm talking about 3 KK's in existance simultaneously and being used by different people. I'm saying there is only one true KK, and it's Sora's. I'm saying if Xion's Keyblade were in fact a sham, how can it remove hearts from Heartless? I'm saying that her KK is a carbon copy of Sora's, a pale imitation, and since Roxas's KK came to him the same way Xion's did (through Sora's memories) that means Roxas's is as well. And lastly, I'm saying that because Roxas and Xion's keyblades aren't the genuine article, the can only be used for the purpose of removing hearts and nothing else.

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
this fails because, in one of nomura's interviews he said that sora and roxas use the same keyblade.

also the reason why xions keyblade was fake was because she was a doll.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
If Xion's Keyblade was a fake like Riku said, then I think there's a strong possibility that Roxas's Keyblade was a "sham" Keyblade as well.

Ultimania said:
So that’s why he lost to Roxas, he was surprised at him using a real keyblade rather than an imitation like Xion's

Xion's was the fake while Roxas's was the real deal.

Xion's Keyblade would remove the Hearts from Heartless when destroyed, and this is true for the whole game. Roxas's does as well, but there is something that both their Keyblades seem to lack: the ability to lock and unlock Keyholes, or unlock anything for that matter. Not once in the whole game did either of them do that.

No need for that to happen. It wasn't important in that game.

That was because Namine delinked his Memories from before he was put in VTLTW. That's why he needed the digital KK, until he went through his Destati and recalled how to do so on his own. He had the KK - he just didn't remember how to use it.

Uh, no. Roxas regained his Memories by then, as you said. That meant he could use the abilities he now remembered about.

Ultimania said:
-- In the end Roxas is able use two keyblades. Is this because he now has Xion’s?

Nomura: Well, it isn’t that Roxas has physically inherited Xion’s keyblade, but more that Xion has awakened it within Roxas.

Xion has very little to do with it. She was the catalyst, and Nomura only talks about -one- Keyblade Xion woke inside Roxas. That means the other one is still the one he used all through the game.

Because that's how he remembered himself before he lost to Riku, and before his summer vacation ended - Duel Wielding.
I'd sooner say he had his own Keyblade that Xion woke up inside him, that he split much like how the original KK split between him and Sora when Roxas was just born, while Sora kept his own whole KK. Neither would be fake.

mangekyou sasuke

I have my own theories on this.
They say that only a strong heart can control the keyblade. We learn that a heart is what keeps memories. I think it's these memories that give the heart it's strenght and in effect are the very things that are the power to control a keyblade. The reason roxas' and Xion's keyblades take the form of the kingdom Key is because thats what sora's memories make it. since these memories are in Roxas and Xion, there keyblades take this form also. Only at the very end do they take there true forms, the forms given to them by there masters because there own memories, not sora's. The Oblivion takes the form of the dark memories that Xion had while The Oathkeeper takes the form of Roxas' memories of his two friends and there times together on the clock tower.

The keyblades weren't fakes, they merely took the shape of the memories they already had and once roxas and Xion had accumulated there own memories, they took there real forms.

towerofpowerx

Damn, Smile systematically destroyed my entire theory. I thought I had a winner too :( Ah well, that's life

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I have my own theories on this. .

In the future, post your theory in a thread of its own, if it's a whole theory. No need to hijack threads.
Also, refrain from posting the theory in multiple threads of other people. Posting it once in your own thread would suffice.
Replied to you in the other thread, regardless.

Damn, Smile systematically destroyed my entire theory.

Nothing personal, kid, I've a reputation to uphold around these parts.

S

shadowx19

this may have already been posted but does ANYONE remember when roxas unlocked the giant lock on castle oblivion that proves the unlock part

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back