• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Roxas x Xion art

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

In_a_Quandary

Colour pencils on paper.

I finished this a couple of days ago and thought I'd post it here (in addition to the respective fanclub thread). Please refrain from bashing my drawing if you dislike the couple. Constructive feedback regarding the drawing itself is fine.

Oh, and I can't draw clothing folds for crap.

ASeashellforHer.jpg

Last edited:

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
Amazing colouring. ♥ Lovin' it.
The heads are a bit big, though.

In_a_Quandary

Amazing colouring. ♥ Lovin' it.
The heads are a bit big, though.

Thank you. As for their heads... trying to mix styles obviously didn't work there. XP I find that KH kids tend to have disproportionately large heads as is typical of manga, but you're still right.

Last edited:

magicedd

Bronze Member
Awards
Very nice, better then what i can do which is not much lol. any way the necks are kind long, off sortof i dont know how to explain it

In_a_Quandary

woaaa, the colours O:
head too big tho, and the ears should bee a bit lower.. downer? asdasdaskdasdsadasdasdasd english DX

The ears are set at the right height; it's the jawline that's anatomically wrong.

Very nice, better then what i can do which is not much lol. any way the necks are kind long, off sortof i dont know how to explain it

Yeah, I figured that, too. But it's too late to fix the pic now. XD

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
Yeah, they look a little... old. Still a pretty amazing pic though, good job!

BondOfFlame

Hmm I like the sense of realism. It seems to have veered away from the whole video game/manga look. Very well done =D

In_a_Quandary

Yeah, they look a little... old. Still a pretty amazing pic though, good job!

It can be a little difficult getting their precise ages down, sometimes.

Hmm I like the sense of realism. It seems to have veered away from the whole video game/manga look. Very well done =D

It's my usual style of drawing - a combination of realism and anime aspects. Besides, the majority of KH fanart consists of manga-ish characters; why not go for something different?

Jelai

Website
space-paranoids.tumblr.com
Nice work on the coloring! What brand of colored pencils do you use?

Clothing folds are a pain, I agree. :x A suggestion I have to do practice some observational drawing of people wearing clothes. Play close attention to the directions in which the folds go, especially on joints and body curves. If you have a good base on muscular anatomy, then you'd have a good idea as well as to how the layout of the folds go in clinging onto muscular angles and curves. For example, there should be some creases going downward on both Xion's and Roxas's latissimus dorsi (the large lateral muscle on the back).

In_a_Quandary

Nice work on the coloring! What brand of colored pencils do you use?

Clothing folds are a pain, I agree. :x A suggestion I have to do practice some observational drawing of people wearing clothes. Play close attention to the directions in which the folds go, especially on joints and body curves. If you have a good base on muscular anatomy, then you'd have a good idea as well as to how the layout of the folds go in clinging onto muscular angles and curves. For example, there should be some creases going downward on both Xion's and Roxas's latissimus dorsi (the large lateral muscle on the back).

Thank you. I used Derwents Studios. They come in 72 colours (which isn't wide enough of a variety in my opinion, but it'll make do).

I've never really had the opportunity to do observational drawings of life subjects. I'm not a arts student, see. Drawing is just a hobby, and a sporadic one at that. Still, I'll take your suggestions under advisement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back