• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Roxas is getting new battle quotes for Kingdom Hearts: II Final Mix + KH 2.5 HD ReMIX?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

5glitchers5

Awards
So apparently there was a private even for Kingdom Hearts: 2.5 HD ReMIX and it is revealed by Everglow that Roxas' battle quotes for the prologue (good chance it's also the boss battle) had battle quotes from Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days and some battle quotes of Ventus from Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep/ Final Mix.

He definitely has these 'new' battle quotes in the prologue, and I'm sure he'll have them when you're fighting him as Sora as well.

"Like, when Roxas gets hurt, he does the same cry as the one from the NDS version of 358/2 Days. I haven't heard his "Come on!" finisher quote though, so that may be replaced with a proper sentence as well, which technically should be "Nice try!" or "You're finished!", or another Ventus' quote." -Everglow replying to a question.

Read more: Private Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX event in Italy reveals new battle quotes for Roxas - Kingdom Hearts News - KH13.com - KH13.com, for Kingdom Hearts

Anyways I personally was just fine with Roxas' battle quotes so there was no need for change, however it will be interesting to see. This does also make it seem more likely the KH RE: CoM members of Org. XIII may have KH Re:CoM and KH 358/2 Days Battles quotes. Especially since one scene with Xigbar, Vexen, and Zexion has their English Voice Dubs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Antar

Awards
Interesting. According to Everglow it's not a big change but it sounds like a good improvement. I'll have to see for myself.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Weird. I don't think any of Uchiyama's battle quotes were changed. I wonder why they did this.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Either they thought the quality was better or they pulled the wrong archived lines into the localization by mistake?

5glitchers5

Awards
Either they thought the quality was better or they pulled the wrong archived lines into the localization by mistake?

They probally thought the quality was better and hey it's almost like we really do get to play KH 358/2 Days on the PS3 after all as we get most of his KH Days quotes. I think all of his KH Days quotes were used and they used Ventus' battle quotes to feel in the gaps. I'm not too mad as I want to see what it looks like/ how it sounds on Roxas. Anyways by this logic I really wish they used KH 3D/ Re: Coded battle quotes for both Sora and Riku in Kingdom Hearts: Re: Chain of Memories as the KH 2 quotes don't fit at all and at least for Sora the KH 3D/ KH Re: Coded battle quotes DO sound younger!

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Interesting. Either they used the wrong lines by mistake or the quality of those lines are better...OR they had Jesse redub Roxas! (Not likely, but it's possible.)

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
If there are Ventus battle quotes then it sounds like someone fucked up which honestly isn't that surprising because of how many other glitches there are in 2.5. xD

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh 2.5, you are a ball of missed opportunities, glitches, and oddness.

Ven and Roxas don't even have the same personality. Jesse McCartney and the voice director did a fantastic job to make Ventus sound different from Roxas.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Now I'm wondering if Ven has Roxas battle quotes.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I may be overreacting, but I am suddenly filled with dread nonetheless.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think what baffles me is that these files are all named specific to their project and likely filed by character, so how could they get them mixed up to be put in KH2 in the first place? Unless somebody thought this was a good idea?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I'll laugh if we all play BBS and Ven starts sounding 2006.
CAN YOU IMAGINE? #whatiscontinuity

I think what baffles me is that these files are all named specific to their project and likely filed by character, so how could they get them mixed up to be put in KH2 in the first place? Unless somebody thought this was a good idea?
I feel like this is just another mark of the hasty mess that 2.5 has been. :c

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
What problems has there been as far as glitches and errors go?

Textures don't load on models so you get gray or nothing in place of it. Sound will glitch sometimes. These errors are specifically in KH2FM

As for a misstep, the Japanese disk contains most of the English data for each game in the collection, including voices, text, and newly localized parts...and yet it is not dual audio/multi-language. English VO can be accessed in KH2FM and BBSFM in theater mode, though.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
Textures don't load on models so you get gray or nothing in place of it. Sound will glitch sometimes. These errors are specifically in KH2FM

As for a misstep, the Japanese disk contains most of the English data for each game in the collection, including voices, text, and newly localized parts...and yet it is not dual audio/multi-language. English VO can be accessed in KH2FM and BBSFM in theater mode, though.
!? the fuh !? Well that's kinda lame

Oh I actually do remember seeing/reading about this one. I spoiled myself and watched all those vids that KHI posted since they were in English :)

Articus

It's not that big of a deal. It's just battle grunts and all that for the first hour or two of the game. Probably not even noticeable, which is probably what they were thinking. If it is actually the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back