• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku's blindfold

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

shadywinters

Awards
i know this!!!! he had it so that he couldn't see himself as ansem, he wanted to see himself as Riku, so he wore the blindfold to not he ansem anymore, and he himself in his mind... understand??
I totally agree wit u, on that. 100% He wanted 2 b himself again, not b stuck in an evil person's form 4 the rest of his life.:thumbup:

N

*~NeoAdamus~*

How long was he wearing that blindfold. It looked a little dirty didn't it.

Y

Yannis

I happen to know this:

Riku wore it because he feared darkness, but didnt want to anyone see it from his eyes. i.e. Lexaues saw Riku´s fear from Riku´s eyes.

So after Riku left Castle Oblivion, he probably fought at least Saïx. So the blindfold was to cover his eyes, so i.e. Saïx couldnt see his fear.

shadow_of_light

^yeah, that acutally makes a lot of sense, like with how ppl can tell sometimes if you're being honest or not by the expression that your eyes portray.
and apart from outward comments, he probably wanted to lie to himself in order to do what he had to for sora., sacrificing finding his true form again to become something he knew wasn't, or at least not fully.

Twilight

LOL

OK guys it's very simple.

Eyes see by DETECTING light. Put a blindfold over them, and you are constantly surrounded by darkness - even when in the light. All you have is the light inside you, and although his eyes couldn't lie, Riku could lie to himself. That is the reason he blindfolded himself, so he could fool himself into thinking that he was completely surrounded by darkness.

Or it could be that he thought his eyes, through Ansem's eyes, through the darkness, people could see who he was if he didn't blindfold himself. Or something.

I think what I said makes 100x more sense tho.

~Twilight

Charlie K

Back in Business
Just to point out the obvious, he had Ansem's eyes and he was afraid Sora and Kairi woud notice...Bad reputarion for him.

AndyCloseEyes

Enjoying the fact that I'm better
So after Riku left Castle Oblivion, he probably fought at least Saïx. So the blindfold was to cover his eyes, so i.e. Saïx couldnt see his fear.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhkay....

Just to point out the obvious, he had Ansem's eyes and he was afraid Sora and Kairi woud notice...Bad reputarion for him.

This wa before he was Ansem...................

SquallLeonheartS

Well, the blindfold can have a metaphorical meaning: since he had engulfed himself in darkness in KH1 and later embraced the light, it may be symbolizing going from dark to light. In short, as he went from drakness to light, he was blinded, hence the blindfold.

In a more literal sense, I thought that he wore the blindfold so that if Sora, Kairi, or any of his other friends ever saw him, they would be able to see through his lies b/c of his eyes, so he simply covered them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back