• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku's blindfold

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ngc50

Awards
OK, I was just watching some cut scenes from KHII, and I saw the one where Riku regains his body after Kingdom Hearts is destroyed.
When Riku takes off that blindfold, Mickey says he wore it because his "eyes couldn't lie." I have never understood what that meant, so can anyone explain?
:huh:

Mike

iROFL
Awards
I dont know,maybe that Sora could tell that Riku(ansems body) was acutally Riku...who knows

funnymanhaha1000

i think he meant that riku didnt want to see himself dive deeper and deeper into the darkness. he needed to use it too much. something like that

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
I'd assume Sora or Kairi would notice his eyes.

Sora52491

Well Riku chose to become someone else, to become Xehanorts heartless. He chose to do so because he wanted to help Sora. Later on Riku started referring to himself as Ansem, he just resigned himself to his destiny, to be Ansem from then on. When Mickey says "His eyes couldn't lie", I think it means that Riku didn't want to be reminded of who he used to be, he just wanted to focus on who he had become.
That's just what i think.That qoute confuses me too.

AndyCloseEyes

Enjoying the fact that I'm better
i know this!!!! he had it so that he couldn't see himself as ansem, he wanted to see himself as Riku, so he wore the blindfold to not he ansem anymore, and he himself in his mind... understand??

If you used correct grammar, possibly.

Anyway......

Riku had the blindfold on to seal Ansem away in his heart, as over the year, he was taking over, and he began to feel this. But that was a bad idea - it just bottled up all that darkness inside him, and so when he removed it, he changed into Ansem. Who cares about what a mouse said?

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Riku put on his blindfold to hide himself from the word. It's just Ommatophobia- a fear of eyes.

He was scared of the scorn, and scared of the judgement he'd get get from his friends.

When he removed the blindfold, it was to throw away whatever was left of him and use the power deep within him so he could beat Roxas.

I actually wrote a one shot about it:

Those eyes. Those cold, icy stares; watching, judging every move he makes.
The looks in those eyes scared him. Even if he wasn't there, the stares of his friends
filled him with absolute terror.

It's why he wore a blindfold. Of course he'd have another reason if anyone asked.
"It's because my eyes can't lie." That was what he told everyone. But inside he knew the
truth. "My eyes don't lie, they tell the truth. I'm afraid of their eyes."

He walks the path between light and darkness. Neither eye getting accustomed to either.
His eyes can see everything but the truth. That he's not being judged. He's just scared.
The blindfold protects his lie, and perpetuates it. So much, he begins to believe it.

He's scared.
Scared of the truth.
Scared of judgement.
Scared of lies.

He's scared of eyes.

DanceMacabre

I don't know. In chain of memories though, he mentions a few times that he can smell darkness. He didn't need his eyes to know where the darkness was. I don't understand the blindfold,personally. It might have been there just to make Riku look 'cool'.

Maybe Ansem could see through him. Riku could blind Ansem using the blindfold and then use his sense of smell to fight darkness. When he takes off the blindfold, he calls upon Ansems power.

Last edited:

DarkSora88

Basiclly Riku didnt want to accept the fact that he let himself fall into darkness in order to gain more power...he didnt want to look at himself..or have anyone else look at him and see how weak he was do do such a thing...considering Sora kinda looked up to him cuz he always thought he was better at stuff than Sora was..Riku didnt want to see the truth...that he wasnt himself anymore...he took on a new form so that he could use the powers of darkness..but he didnt want to let people know that it was him...he put the blindfold on so that he could hide the truth from not only himself....but everyone else too

Cloudless Sky

Maybe blindfold make him cooler in some way... Or probably he want to cover his beautiful eyes

D

Dark.Keyblader

It was a metaphorical statement,I'm guessing his actions that he did while he used Ansem's body which were probably decisions that weren't in his hands.Somewhere in between KH chain of memories and KHII//FM

Sexy Angel
I always thought that Rikus eyes could tell someone when he is lying...

Btw, PMF, nice little poem.

Princess of KH

I think maybe the blindfold is kind of like a metaphor (sp?). THe blindfold keeps him from seeing things, like seeing his past, maybe. or maybe it's to keep him form seeing who he actually is, because he's "become" Ansem to help Sora for some reason my blonde brain can't remember right now. Or maybe it's to blind himslef from the darkness he's making himself dive further into to help his friends. They'll specify what the blindfold was for eventually in one of hte games, but i think it's an awesome metaphor, whatever it means. There's lots of theings it could mean, & maybe it means more than one thing. But honestly, it's pretty awesome. How many characters can get away wearing a blindfold ans still look completely awesome & keep their dignity?

LadyofShadow

Captain L.O. Shadow
I was always thought it meant Riku was trying to conceal his identy from the rest of the world because he was ashamed of his mistake and his choice of becoming Ansem. PLus I agree with Charge. Some people can't lie very well.

kiante

Basically, when someone's guilty, they don't want people to see their eyes. Riku felt guilty for using Darkness more heavily, so he wore a blindfold. It's the same as in real life, people won't look you in the eye if they're guilty or if they're lying usually. I'm pretty sure that's all it means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back