• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku, Kairi, and Roxas info

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkSoldier85

Ok I've gotten rather annoyed with all the people saying that Kairi is not a keyblade wielder. I have some news for those of you saying this: It's been confirmed by Nomura.

VI - Could you please give an explanation for the new Keyblade “Way to the Dawn” that Riku obtained and the Keyblade Kairi has, as well as what the conditions for using a Keyblade are?

There isn’t necessarily one Keyblade for the Dark side and one for the Light side, just as many as there exist people with qualified hearts. Concerning the conditions to wield one, at this stage, “Those with strong hearts” is the only obvious one. However, less obvious conditions still exist and there are still plans for an opportunity to reveal those. Riku’s “Way to the Dawn” and Kairi’s Keyblade are naturally the same type of Keyblade as Sora’s. However there is no particular explanation for the Soul Eater’s transfer and occurence (Riku: Nomura previously confirmed that Soul Eater changed into Way to the Dawn), as well as Riku’s handing it to Kairi. When there isn’t a normal process of acquisition, I think it’s ok to think there is some deeper meaning there.

Kingdom Hearts: Another Report Pages 28 & 29 - Kingdom Hearts 3 (9)

Also, while you're looking at that, be sure and take a look at the story at the end of "Another Report". It a pretty interesting story about Roxas and may appear sometime in 358/2 Days.

Two Keyblades appeared in Roxas’ hands. As if interpreting it as a signal, Heartless surrounded them.

If we remember correctly, Roxas was seen using only one keyblade (And this takes place early in Roxas' time in Organization, disproving a few theories i've seen about Roxas earning the second keyblade).

C

Colours

Roxas used two.
Light/Kairi= Oathkeeper
Dark/Riku= Oblivion
Basicly he used them from the counterparts of kairi and riku.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
VI - Could you please give an explanation for the new Keyblade “Way to the Dawn” that Riku obtained and the Keyblade Kairi has, as well as what the conditions for using a Keyblade are?

There isn’t necessarily one Keyblade for the Dark side and one for the Light side, just as many as there exist people with qualified hearts. Concerning the conditions to wield one, at this stage, “Those with strong hearts” is the only obvious one. However, less obvious conditions still exist and there are still plans for an opportunity to reveal those. Riku’s “Way to the Dawn” and Kairi’s Keyblade are naturally the same type of Keyblade as Sora’s. However there is no particular explanation for the Soul Eater’s transfer and occurence (Riku: Nomura previously confirmed that Soul Eater changed into Way to the Dawn), as well as Riku’s handing it to Kairi. When there isn’t a normal process of acquisition, I think it’s ok to think there is some deeper meaning there.

The only reason that Kairi can weild it is because of her being a PoH. Its not her keyblade to begin with its Riku's

DarkSoldier85

The only reason that Kairi can weild it is because of her being a PoH. Its not her keyblade to begin with its Riku's

See I've been thinking about that. Perhaps Riku found the "Flower Power" Keyblade yet couldn't use it because his heart didn't fit the requirements for that keyblade, and thought it might work for Kairi. One of the things not specified in Kingdom Hearts is where a Keyblade goes when it has no master, in which case this might work.

Edit: It was never doubted that Riku handed the keyblade to her. We all saw it happen.

MegamanX1331

The whole thing is still ridiculous, though.
I'm sure we'll get some straight answers in 358, but for now...I'm with the bunch that think it has something to do with Xion.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
See I've been thinking about that. Perhaps Riku found the "Flower Power" Keyblade yet couldn't use it because his heart didn't fit the requirements for that keyblade, and thought it might work for Kairi. One of the things not specified in Kingdom Hearts is where a Keyblade goes when it has no master, in which case this might work.

Edit: It was never doubted that Riku handed the keyblade to her. We all saw it happen.

I know this to be true but what I was saying was that The keyblade was Riku's and not kairi's. cause if hie heart did not meet the requirements then why was he able to carry it around all that time. I think its Riku's keyblade and he just "Duel Weilded" and let kairi use the other one he summoned.

DarkSoldier85

I know this to be true but what I was saying was that The keyblade was Riku's and not kairi's. cause if hie heart did not meet the requirements then why was he able to carry it around all that time. I think its Riku's keyblade and he just "Duel Weilded" and let kairi use the other one he summoned.

Hm... Possible, but that would be saying that dual wielding uses more than one keyblade. We know that dual wielding is taking one keyblade and creating a second form of it, yet it is still the same keyblade. I'm pretty sure the two keyblades Riku was carrying were two different keyblades entirely.

By the way, I explained why he was able to carry it: because it had no master.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
Thats why We never see Kairi with it again. It reforms back with riku's blade.

And I do not know about Riku just finding a keyblade with no master, sounds effy to me.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Let's all happily assume that they finally did something remotely right with Kairi, being her fulfilling her role of being the one to represent Home, so when Riku saw her up close the Memories of Home resurfaced to create the Keychain, enabling him to Duel Wield? *goes to hunt down the novel bit*

And like KBM quoted - I'm rather amused you brought in that specific quote from Another Report, since it all but says it was Riku that gave it to Kairi, making it his own Keyblade in more ways than one.

FireDragon

In my opinion we will find out if kiari has her own keyblade or if it was riku's until KH3 so don't assumme just yet guys:closedeyes:

SiiNz

With Love
Website
www.youtube.com
Thats why We never see Kairi with it again. It reforms back with riku's blade.

And I do not know about Riku just finding a keyblade with no master, sounds effy to me.

True, I think it was Riku's.
If it was Kairi's, then she would have it with her throughout the story, but she doesn't, she was only able to weild it in that scene.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
Yeah, if it was Kairi's, she wouldent be so suprised too see it, and RIku probably wouldent have it

DarkSoldier85

I've already explained all of this.

1. Riku gave the keyblade to Kairi, i never denied that.
2. The qualifications for wielding a keyblade are: A qualified heart and finding the keyblade (which would be him giving it to her). Both are met.
3. No keyblade wielder can own two keyblades (with the exception of dual wielding which is a splitting of a single keyblade)
4. The flower keyblade can't be a form of the way to dawn because Riku is using the WtD while Kairi uses the Flower Keyblade. As for it being a dual wield form, that would mean that only Riku could use it.

Edit: Wow... it's almost like you people don't WANT Kairi to be useful at all...

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
2. The qualifications for wielding a keyblade are: A qualified heart and finding the keyblade (which would be him giving it to her). Both are met.

The Keyblade follows the Qualified Heart, something that Kairi was not confirmed to have.

4. The flower keyblade can't be a form of the way to dawn because Riku is using the WtD while Kairi uses the Flower Keyblade. As for it being a dual wield form, that would mean that only Riku could use it.

Because Sora never used two different Keychains in Duel Wielding? Because Roxas didn't throw Riku the Oblivion while he himself was still using the Oathkeeper?
It was never said that Duel Wielding didn't let anyone else use the Keyblades you summoned. Heck, we don't even really know what Duel Wielding is.

Edit: Wow... it's almost like you people don't WANT Kairi to be useful at all...

We do. Not like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back