• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku, Kairi, and Roxas info

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
1. There was no shiny light when Riku pulled out the second keyblade.

Roxas vs. Axel with Roxas wielding the Oathkeeper and Oblivion. No shiny light for either Keyblade drawn.

2. There was noone for Riku to combine with.

Neither was there for Roxas. Also, Sora combining with Roxas was him getting back his own strength, so Riku wouldn't really have to fuse with anyone for it.

3. Riku's clothes didn't change when he pulled out the second keyblade.

Neither did Roxas's, ever.

DarkSoldier85

Obviously, SA, you will never give up.

Roxas and Sora fusing had nothing to do with dual wielding.

If Riku knew how to dual wield, why didn't he use a weapon at all when fighting Roxas?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Obviously, SA, you will never give up.

And you will? XD

Roxas and Sora fusing had nothing to do with dual wielding.

That's not what you implied. Only you saying this means that there was even less keeping Riku from Duel Wielding.

If Riku knew how to dual wield, why didn't he use a weapon at all when fighting Roxas?

Duel Wielding = using his Keyblade as two weapons.
Riku at the time = no Keyblade. The SE turned into the WtD only towards the end of KH2. Their battle = Days time.
As for why he didn't use the SE, by the time Riku got involved in the fighting, Roxas had already given him the Oblivion (wait what, like Riku did for Kairi?! lol) so he didn't need to summon his own weapon. Then Roxas served him his ass back on a silver platter, so what good would summoning the SE do? He'd summon it, Roxas would snatch the Oblivion back and Riku would once again be outnumbered. Seeing how battling Roxas with a weapon was ineffective when they both had only one, Riku gave up on that method and used the Darkness.
Duel Wielding against someone who apparently was his better wouldn't have changed a thing. Riku would've only gotten a bigger slice of humble pie.

C

Colours

Riku was naturally the first person to weild the keyblade wasn't he?
But it turned out to be Sora.

DarkSoldier85

However, this doesn't change the fact that Kairi has a heart strong enough to wield a keyblade, however it is that she received it. Nomura definitely called the keyblade "Kairi's Keyblade". Both the WtD and Kairi's Keyblade are the same kind of keyblade as Sora's, making them all separate and not forms of each other. Riku already owns a keyblade. This is all of the evidence I have presented, and I find it to be enough to cease arguing.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
However, this doesn't change the fact that Kairi has a heart strong enough to wield a keyblade, however it is that she received it.

Only that that little tidbit of info was never confirmed.
Pure =\= strong.
Should it really be Riku's own Keyblade, debatably - Kairi wouldn't even need to have a pure Heart, let alone a strong Heart, seeing how it's Riku's Heart that kept the Keyblade in existence.

Nomura definitely called the keyblade "Kairi's Keyblade".

Because it has no name. A fun fact - the Oblivion was originally called "Riku's Keyblade", to indicate it representing Riku, not really it being his. It's Nomura's way of giving an unnamed Keyblade a name.

Both the WtD and Kairi's Keyblade are the same kind of keyblade as Sora's, making them all separate and not forms of each other.

Or, he could just be saying that the WtD - being previously the Soul Eater, has transformed into a proper, legitimate Keyblade, and that the flowery Keyblade - being a mystery, is another legitimate Keyblade, not necesarilly unrelated.
Heck, him comparing those Keyblades to Sora's can be seen as him saying that yes, those are Duel Wielded Keyblades - seeing how Sora Duel Wields.

This is all of the evidence I have presented, and I find it to be enough to cease arguing.

This is you agreeing with yourself, only you all but ignore the counter-case against yours. I'm not saying that Another Report doesn't hold water (you clinging to Nomura calling it 'Kairi's Keyblade), but Another Report itself presents enough to make your case crumble, all but saying that that Keyblade hailed from the SE as well and that's just Nomura's way of differentiating.

DarkSoldier85

I'm not saying that Another Report doesn't hold water (you clinging to Nomura calling it 'Kairi's Keyblade), but Another Report itself presents enough to make your case crumble, all but saying that that Keyblade hailed from the SE as well and that's just Nomura's way of differentiating.

Nomura never said anything about that. In fact, I see no resemblance between the SE and Kairi's Keyblade. It said that the SE changed into the WtD, not into two separate keyblades. If you truly wish to continue the argument, then so be it.

Edit: Of course, maybe it's just me who wants to argue...

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Nomura never said anything about that. In fact, I see no resemblance between the SE and Kairi's Keyblade. It said that the SE changed into the WtD, not into two separate keyblades.

Only that one Keyblade becomes two when Duel Wielding. Sora and Roxas were chosen each by one Keyblade, despite the fact that they have one in each hand.
Riku's SE turning into WtD -> Riku has a Keyblade -> Riku could Duel Wield (at least until Duel Wielding is explained in a manner that would contradict this. Thus far - it wasn't explained at all).
Riku meets Kairi -> Riku gets another Keychain -> Riku can Duel Wield both the WtD and Kairi's Keyblade - called that way so that we'd know what the deuce Nomura was talking about. The reason it looks nothing like the SE, as opposed to the WtD, is because of the Keychain that changed it.
The only Keyblade that looks anything like the KK is the IKK. No other Keyblade of Sora's looks like it, yet I don't see you claiming they belong to other people because of it.

DarkSoldier85

Personally I've seen no proof within your argument, but it has gotten me thinking...

This next comment merely states info, not points of argument.
No keychains have been seen used to change the form of any keyblade but Sora's. None but Sora have been seen using Drives. In fact, the story is completely unaffected by either. If they didn't add either in the game, nothing would really change.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Personally I've seen no proof within your argument, but it has gotten me thinking...

All you have is Nomura calling that Keyblade in the only way he can in which we'd recognize it by.
What part of "A Keyblade Riku made up and gave to Kairi never to be seen again afterwards" makes it Kairi's Keyblade? I don't see the proof in your argument either.

No keychains have been seen used to change the form of any keyblade but Sora's. None but Sora have been seen using Drives. In fact, the story is completely unaffected by either. If they didn't add either in the game, nothing would really change.

I slightly agree about the Drive Forms, though those brought in Anti Sora so I don't believe it completely. Nomura confirmed him to be connected to Sora's time as a Heartless.
Also, TAV lacking Keychains would point that yes, whether or not a Keychain is present does indeed matter, seeing how otherwise, why not slap some on TAV's Keyblades too? They wouldn't have done much beyond Gameplay mechanics, after all...
Only they probably have a lot of meaning.
Also, I tend to disagree with your notion, saying that one Keyblade Wielder can do with his Keyblades things that others can't by definition. Riku might not be able to do the stuff Sora can and vice versa, but I think it's because they don't want to if they even ever managed for the first time, more than can or can't.
Also, the Oathkeeper and the Oblivion pretty much point to what the Keychains represent, be it truly Memories or something a tad more surreal such as Bonds between people or whatever. So it's not just 'there', it actually ties in nicely with how the Novels descibed the moment in which that Keyblade materialized - something awoke inside Riku, like a buried Memory. Memories of DI, Memories of Riku's time with Kairi, Memories of Xion, whatever. Riku's Memories made that Keychain.

DarkSoldier85

Hm... You have a point about the keychains. However, the drive forms (excluding Anti-form) seem relatively unimportant. If Riku were to suddenly come up and say "Hey look Sora I can use two keyblades now!", then I have a feeling the crowds would be pretty disappointed. I also think the story would be pretty fairly affected. I mean, the two keyblades seemed to be a Sora/Roxas only thing.

C

Colours

Hm... You have a point about the keychains. However, the drive forms (excluding Anti-form) seem relatively unimportant. If Riku were to suddenly come up and say "Hey look Sora I can use two keyblades now!", then I have a feeling the crowds would be pretty disappointed. I also think the story would be pretty fairly affected. I mean, the two keyblades seemed to be a Sora/Roxas only thing.

Sora only has one keyblade not two. Throughout sora's adventure we've only seen him weilding one keyblade. Only roxas can duel weild.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Keep in mind that we barely even have Keyblade Wielders around nowadays. Sora/Roxas Duel Wielding doesn't mean other Keyblade Wielders can't do it - it just means that from the handful of Wielders we have today, they were the first to be able to do it.
I agree that if Riku could Duel Wield "just because" it would be pretty lame. Thus far, however, I'm satisfied with the possible explanation for it (Duel Wielding brought along from the shock of having the Memories to create that Keychain surfacing).
Also, one must consider the possibility that Xehanort's Heartless still residing inside him had to do with this. So no, Riku might not be able to pull the same stunt twice since XH was purged from his Body, but for the duration where it was needed, for the plot and to make a point about the Keychains, he Duel Wielded to keep Kairi from dying.
Duel Wielding =\= using Drive Forms. I think Roxas proved that wonderfully.

C

Colours

Oh so the only reason why Sora could duel wield in his forms was because it boosted up the magic and strength of Sora's.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Oh so the only reason why Sora could duel wield in his forms was because it boosted up the magic and strength of Sora's.

The Drive Forms were described as a means to pull out Sora's own potential. So it makes sense that, along with a boost for magic (well, aside from Valor) and strength (well, aside from Wisdow XD) that when appropriate, Sora'd utilize his own potential to Duel Wield, and Roxas proved that Sora does indeed have the potential to do that - he came from Sora, after all, so it's not so much as Roxas returning to Sora that enabled Sora to Duel Wield in the Drive Forms as much as it's Sora getting back what was rightfully his, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back