• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku, Gay or not.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Masamune

Big Boss
Obviously, but that scene is damn hot. xD

Riku isn't gay in the game, it's something SE and Disney will probably never be willing to do. Still, he has the make-up of a perfect gay character.

Still, I'm confused about the debate of any Kingdom Hearts character's sexual orientation. The only kissing scene is in KH2 (Correct me if I'm wrong) and it's only the ending sequence of The Little Mermaid. If there's one thing that's amazing about all of these teenagers, it's that they never think about sex.

Well crazed Fan people find that an excuse for calling him gay.. i dont think that disney would intend to make their people gay. this game was intended for smaller children and the bigger people are trying to find some mature stuff in it.. i think only mature games may contain official gay characters...

Kuraddo

Website
krad.deviantart.com
Phoenix said:
Think of U.F.O.s. No. FF7 was a fairly normal RPG in this respect. He had Tifa and Aeris fighting for him, and Cloud was your typical aloof guy.
You're no fun. :|

Phoenix said:
*You* may not consider it a problem, but companies with millions of dollars on the line do.
I'm not trying to say that there is no risk at all. But you're making it sound like it's some kind of taboo that no one would dare to break. There are big companies like Konami having gay characters in their games, therefore it's not impossible. I get your point, but I still think you're kind of exaggerating. *shrugs*

Phoenix said:
An example then. When Sora was carrying Riku out, he was clearly grabbing Riku's belt for more support. The hand was quite clearly on the belt. However, fanpeople think it was on his ass. Therefore, they take a fairly normal scene out of context.
You just had to pick the worst one didn't you? xD Anyway, yes, that's out of context, I know what you mean. But personally, that's not what I base my opinion on anyway.

There's one thing that I always wondered about. What about the Anti-Sora? Why did Riku choose to make it look like Sora? Because from a practical point of view, it would have made much more sense to make it look like Kairi, wouldn't it?

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Pretty much. He didn't really get angst until AC. Besides, Cloud is obviously compensating for something with that big sword of his. In fact, the original story of FF7 was to be a love story between Aeris and Cloud, without any death or end of the world greatly involved. I think the story was changed when the family member of one of the producers died.

Big swords are the "in" thing, and you know it.

...Then again, you can date Barret in the game...

In a game, the default is always canon.

I'm not trying to say that there is no risk at all. But you're making it sound like it's some kind of taboo that no one would dare to break. There are big companies like Konami having gay characters in their games, therefore it's not impossible. I get your point, but I still think you're kind of exaggerating. *shrugs*

For kids companies, it *is* a taboo no one dares to break.

There's one thing that I always wondered about. What about the Anti-Sora? Why did Riku choose to make it look like Sora? Because from a practical point of view, it would have made much more sense to make it look like Kairi, wouldn't it?

It cames from Sora's shadow. This alone should make sense.

Squall

Thats really illogical riku offcourse isnt gay.He is a normal boy and i guess u can recognize it by his voice and physique...its just like normal guyz for god sake...dont make him what he is not!

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Which, as I already stated, wasn't my point at all.

Matters little. It's a point for me, regardless of how you want to rationalize it.

The spot it emerged from was too far away from Sora to be part of his shadow.

I personally saw it come from Sora's shadow. At any rate, a lot of games have an anti counterpart you must fight. Remember Zelda: Ocarina of Time? It means nothing.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
-I’m not reading the whole of this thread again, and I’ve already posted, so I might as well sum up what I think for those who are too close minded to even contemplate Riku’s sexuality.

Reasons why Sora and Riku are gay:

1. The contrast in the relationships between Sora & Riku and Sora & Kairi:

Sora: You are different, Kairi, but I'm just glad you're here!

Kairi: You and Riku never came home, so I came looking for you.

(Sora looks away from her)

Sora: I'm sorry.

~Here Sora’s reaction seems to be minimal. He is “glad”, but that is the extent of his emotion. Although he returned the hug, it was very hesitant. He also hadn’t seem Kairi for a long while, and he couldn’t be sure she was safe since the worlds were in turmoil again. All he knew is that she’d been imprisoned in a dungeon, yet he doesn’t seem to bother about her welfare.

Sora: Riku... It's Riku. Riku's here...

(Sora falls to his knees, holding Ansem's hand, tears rolling down his face)

Sora: I looked for you!

Riku: C'mon, Sora. You've got to pull it together.

Sora: I looked everywhere for you!

Sora: Why didn't you let me know you were okay?

~Sora repeats Riku’s name THREE TIMES, and puts emphasis on the fact that Sora’s journey in KH2 had revolved around looking for Riku. He is also speechless, overwhelmed by Riku and clearly concerned for Riku’s safety, though he did not worry about Kairi. Furthermore, Sora has adopted a stance of adulation by falling to his knees, whilst still clinging into Riku. Sora is slightly effeminate, but this is the first time we have seen him crying – clearly he cannot disguise his love for Riku.

Kairi: We'll be together every day. Right, Sora?

Sora: Uh...yeah.

What Sora really means here is that he doesn’t want to be together with Kairi everyday.

2. Riku: Once we go through, there's no turning back. It's victory...or oblivion. So, Sora...are you ready? Do you remember before? We stood facing each other on opposite sides of that door. Now we stand side-by-side. Let's go home together this time.
This quote demonstrates that although they were opposed in KH1, with Sora seeming to be more interested in Kairi, by KH2 they were together, side by side.
The later parts of the game focus around Sora and Riku solely. As they linger in TWTNW, the two of them fight Xemnas. Note how this shows them working together as a couple, particularly in the last fight where Riku was required to save Sora several times, whether it was rescuing him from Xemnas’ clutches or throwing him the keyblade.

Riku: If the world is made of light and darkness... We'll be the darkness.

Riku seems to treat himself and Sora as a pair already. At this point, he’s prepared to live in a world with only Sora.

(He stands up and offers his hand to Riku)

Sora: We'll go together.

3. Sora: Then...let's finish it. You're still Riku, no matter what!
This is actually a sign of love – accepting someone regardless of appearance etc etc.

4. The lengths Riku went to in an attempt to awaken Sora: he embraced the darkness once more even though he came the image of Ansem. Also, throughout the story, Riku was watching Sora, leaving little clues.

5. Not to mention the constant shouting “Sora!”, “Riku!” at every other second.

Reasons why this relationship is plausible:

1. Being homosexual is acceptable in today’s society with recent laws permitting Civil Partnerships. Homosexuality is not something that has to be censored for younger children.

2. Disney is a VERY GAY company. It apparently is the company with the highest number of gay employees. Furthermore, Disney openly supports homosexuality with its ‘Gay Days’ that occur at Disneyland Florida.

3. It is not only Sora and Riku who are gay. KH2 features Timon and Puma, who were officially the first gay couple in a Disney Film (confirmed through interviews and the like). The Lion King was released 10 years ago, so attitudes regarding homosexuality are even more liberal.

-Oh yeah, I also emailed Square Enix regarding this issue, as did Kay-El, and we were never told that they were NOT gay.

darkshadow666

nothing from nowhere im no one at all....
XD this is funny.
i think its just square-enix being square-enix. theyre a japanese company and im pretty sure japan's customs are different than ours. all i hear from people from japan is how friendship is really important and stuff.

no one seems to remember that axel and roxas were really tight, and no one seems to remember that riku and sora kinda did grow up together. kairi came to destiny islands later on in their lives.

its similar to if your girlfriend/boyfriend was kidnapped and so was your best friend that youve had since you were a kid. you'd probly be more concerned about your friend, or at least i would be.

sora had been looking for riku since the beginning of the first game, while he already had found kairi once. he was relieved that it was finally over and he had both of his friends back.

and about the not hugging kairi back thing: HE DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he was probly just surprised that she actually hugged him. think about it: through all three of the games (if you count chain of memories) there was noooooooo physical contact between any of the three. except if you count the very beginning of KH1 where sora tried to catch kairi when they were in the secret place.

i highly doubt that riku or sora are gay. it just wouldnt make sense..............

Voltron

Silver Member
-I’m not reading the whole of this thread again, and I’ve already posted, so I might as well sum up what I think for those who are too close minded to even contemplate Riku’s sexuality.

Reasons why Sora and Riku are gay:

1. The contrast in the relationships between Sora & Riku and Sora & Kairi:

Sora: You are different, Kairi, but I'm just glad you're here!

Kairi: You and Riku never came home, so I came looking for you.

(Sora looks away from her)

Sora: I'm sorry.

~Here Sora’s reaction seems to be minimal. He is “glad”, but that is the extent of his emotion. Although he returned the hug, it was very hesitant. He also hadn’t seem Kairi for a long while, and he couldn’t be sure she was safe since the worlds were in turmoil again. All he knew is that she’d been imprisoned in a dungeon, yet he doesn’t seem to bother about her welfare.

Sora: Riku... It's Riku. Riku's here...

(Sora falls to his knees, holding Ansem's hand, tears rolling down his face)

Sora: I looked for you!

Riku: C'mon, Sora. You've got to pull it together.

Sora: I looked everywhere for you!

Sora: Why didn't you let me know you were okay?

~Sora repeats Riku’s name THREE TIMES, and puts emphasis on the fact that Sora’s journey in KH2 had revolved around looking for Riku. He is also speechless, overwhelmed by Riku and clearly concerned for Riku’s safety, though he did not worry about Kairi. Furthermore, Sora has adopted a stance of adulation by falling to his knees, whilst still clinging into Riku. Sora is slightly effeminate, but this is the first time we have seen him crying – clearly he cannot disguise his love for Riku.

Kairi: We'll be together every day. Right, Sora?

Sora: Uh...yeah.

What Sora really means here is that he doesn’t want to be together with Kairi everyday.

2. Riku: Once we go through, there's no turning back. It's victory...or oblivion. So, Sora...are you ready? Do you remember before? We stood facing each other on opposite sides of that door. Now we stand side-by-side. Let's go home together this time.
This quote demonstrates that although they were opposed in KH1, with Sora seeming to be more interested in Kairi, by KH2 they were together, side by side.
The later parts of the game focus around Sora and Riku solely. As they linger in TWTNW, the two of them fight Xemnas. Note how this shows them working together as a couple, particularly in the last fight where Riku was required to save Sora several times, whether it was rescuing him from Xemnas’ clutches or throwing him the keyblade.

Riku: If the world is made of light and darkness... We'll be the darkness.

Riku seems to treat himself and Sora as a pair already. At this point, he’s prepared to live in a world with only Sora.

(He stands up and offers his hand to Riku)

Sora: We'll go together.

3. Sora: Then...let's finish it. You're still Riku, no matter what!
This is actually a sign of love – accepting someone regardless of appearance etc etc.

4. The lengths Riku went to in an attempt to awaken Sora: he embraced the darkness once more even though he came the image of Ansem. Also, throughout the story, Riku was watching Sora, leaving little clues.

5. Not to mention the constant shouting “Sora!”, “Riku!” at every other second.

Reasons why this relationship is plausible:

1. Being homosexual is acceptable in today’s society with recent laws permitting Civil Partnerships. Homosexuality is not something that has to be censored for younger children.

2. Disney is a VERY GAY company. It apparently is the company with the highest number of gay employees. Furthermore, Disney openly supports homosexuality with its ‘Gay Days’ that occur at Disneyland Florida.

3. It is not only Sora and Riku who are gay. KH2 features Timon and Puma, who were officially the first gay couple in a Disney Film (confirmed through interviews and the like). The Lion King was released 10 years ago, so attitudes regarding homosexuality are even more liberal.

-Oh yeah, I also emailed Square Enix regarding this issue, as did Kay-El, and we were never told that they were NOT gay.

I sooo agree with you on that.

He never was like that with Kairi lol the only thing he ever did was imagine him and her dancing but thats about it

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
Re: Riku, Gay.

^Yeah, I mean, he did go all out for her in KH1, but I think his feelings changed by the second game.

Lol @ the dancing thing. I couldn't even take that seriously - I think I burst out laughing, but when Sora was reunited with Riku I actually cried. Ever interchange between Sora and Riku was that bit more intense.
Maybe Sora just had a random desire to ballroom dance, and doing it with a girl would be the conventional thing.

darkshadow666 said:
no one seems to remember that axel and roxas were really tight
They were. If anything I think Axel was depicted as the most gay character of them all even though he was supposedly not able to feel emotion.
The point remains, in KH2 there was much more of a focus on male relationships that seemed to overstep the boundaries of friendship.
think about it: through all three of the games (if you count chain of memories) there was noooooooo physical contact between any of the three. except if you count the very beginning of KH1 where sora tried to catch kairi when they were in the secret place.
LOL WUT?
Riku and Sora held hands quite a few times, and there was that notorious incident where Sora had to help Riku to walk.
its similar to if your girlfriend/boyfriend was kidnapped and so was your best friend that youve had since you were a kid. you'd probly be more concerned about your friend, or at least i would be.
Um no.
You'd be concerned about your friend, fair play, but if you're IN LOVE with someone, you'd have missed them insanely.You're not just like "Oh lol, it's you". You'd react more like Sora did to Riku.

theyre a japanese company and im pretty sure japan's customs are different than ours. all i hear from people from japan is how friendship is really important and stuff.
Actually Japanese people are a lot more reserved. Male friends do not often go around crying and falling to their knees when seeing friends. I've attended school in Japan and stayed with a Japanese family so I think I have a pretty accurate idea on how social they are.
sora had been looking for riku since the beginning of the first game, while he already had found kairi once. he was relieved that it was finally over and he had both of his friends back.
What? He found Riku for the entirety of KH1! Riku kept popping up in odd places like Monstro, Hollow Bastion etc. He had grounds to be concerned for Kairi as much as Riku. At least Mickey was with Riku and Riku was strong. Kairi on the other hand, was alone, and as I already mentioned, the worlds were once more in a state of turmoil.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
I could quote every, ER, but you're really just overanalyzing anything.

1. Someone seems to be forgetting CoM already told us who the most important person to Sora is, the person whose Sora's very memories revolve around: Kairi.

2. Paopu. Paopu. Paopu. The romantic symbolism of the damned fruit is undeniable. The fruit is romance embodied, and when Nomura shows us Sora and Kairi drawing themselves feeding each other the fruit, I am unsure as to how you can debate the significance.

3. Let's look at the games Nomura has been involved with:

FF7 -> Love triangle between Cloud, Tifa and Aeris.
FF8 -> Squall and Rinoa
FFX -> Tidus and Yuna
FFX-2 -> Carbon copy

This tells me that, regardless of personal views, square-enix prefers heterosexual relationships. And looking at the movies, it seems to me that Disney's pretty big on a main heterosexual couple in their work, as well, regardless of the sexuality of their employees.

4. Biggest. Proof. Ever.

Sora fantasized about dancing with Kairi. Dancing is pretty much *the* "ilurveyouso" event. It proves beyond a doubt that Sora likes Kairi. Moreover, Goofy and Donal continuously tease him about Kairi, and while in real life this may not matter much, the fact that it is acknowledged in KH so lightly proves this wasn't even a debate to begin with.

Why do we not see more interaction? Because this isn't a romance game. Why does Sora seem to care more about Riku? Riku could've been dead for all he knew. It was his best friend, a best friend who trapped himself in a world with millions of heartless. And what is Riku to Sora? He's invincible, with him, they can win. Seeing him in AWTNW is a new hope for him, like, now that they have Riku, Xemnas doesn't stand a chance.

LOL WUT?
Riku and Sora held hands quite a few times, and there was that notorious incident where Sora had to help Riku to walk.

Uh, yeah. Riku was hurt. What did you expect Sora to say? "lol, crawl"?

Last edited:

Kuraddo

Website
krad.deviantart.com
I'm kind of afraid to join this discussion again, knowing how it developed – or rather how it didn't – last time. But, oh well, I'll give it a try. Please don't hurt me, Phoenix. ;_;

First off: No, I don't think Riku is gay. I think his friendship with Sora is, while very strong and deep 'n' everything, just, well, friendship. This line, however, is very easy to cross, depending on how you interpret certain aspects of the games. I'm not even saying that Riku x Sora is TRUE LUV. I got the impression that it would be more of an unrequited love kind of thing on Riku's part. Personally, some parts of the game, the first one especially, make more sense to me if I interpret it that way. But that might just be me.

I find it kind of difficult to explain why I think Riku = Teh Gay as a whole, without bringing up every point that has been made at one point or another in this discussion, but otherwise the idea doesn't make much sense. So, for now, I'll be lazy and post the link to the Dissertation on Riku x Sora (again), in the hopes of someone taking it into account this time. D:

To sum things up tough, as I see it, Sora likes Kairi, Kairi likes Sora and Riku cares more for Sora than he does for Kairi (whether that be friendly or romantic is up to the individual).

Enchanted Rose said:
Matter of interpretation, really. He could also simply be surprised that Kairi felt the need to state the obvious.

Enchanted Rose said:
Although he returned the hug, it was very hesitant. […] Riku and Sora held hands quite a few times, and there was that notorious incident where Sora had to help Riku to walk.
The difference between these scenes is Sora's role. When Kairi hugged him, he was the passive one and thus had no direct control over the situation, whereas with Riku, he was the one who decided to make physical contact.
Also, while I have no doubt that Sora loves Kairi, I don't think he's really come to terms with these feelings yet. Hence the hug becomes even more awkward.

I'm kind of tired of people proclaiming that KH2 proves how oh so much more Sora cares for Riku than he does for Kairi. It's quite an exaggeration, in my opinion. Personally, I consider both relationships to be equally important and that KH and KH2 simply have a different focus on each of them. It's been said often enough how the circumstances under which Sora and Kairi departed were entirely different from the way Riku left.

Enchanted Rose said:
actually a sign of love – accepting someone regardless of appearance etc etc.
Works for friends, too.

Enchanted Rose said:
It is not only Sora and Riku who are gay. KH2 features Timon and Puma, who were officially the first gay couple in a Disney Film (confirmed through interviews and the like).
I tried to check that and found some sites stating that it was the voice actors, who mentioned this in an interview. I acknowledge that they were part of the official team and that yes, Timon and Pumbaa being gay would make very much sense to me, too, but I think that this bit of information is much too vague to be considered proof, especially since it could have been a humorous comment for all we know. And I couldn't even find the original interview those sites claimed to quote from.

Enchanted Rose said:
Oh yeah, I also emailed Square Enix regarding this issue, as did Kay-El, and we were never told that they were NOT gay.
Because, what, they didn't reply at all? :p

Phoenix said:
I personally saw it come from Sora's shadow. At any rate, a lot of games have an anti counterpart you must fight. Remember Zelda: Ocarina of Time? It means nothing.
(Yeah, I know this post is old, sorry) I see where you're coming from. Personally speaking though, I think they could've created a different setup for the Anti-Sora easily and it makes me wonder why they chose that one (because, really, strategically it doesn't make sense for Riku to do what he did, does it?). For example, when I played the game for the first time – and knowing there would be a Shadow version of Sora from spoiling myself and stuff – I half-expected it to happen during the scene where Darkside appears for the first time.

… Which, of course, would be lame, but I you get the idea, right?

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
I see where you're coming from, but I really see nothing weird with the situation. A dark coutnerpart is a staple, and we need to show off Riku's new powers, so bam. At any rate, it made sense. Riku isn't "teh ev1lz", there was no need to create a shadow clone of Kairi (which would affect Riku as well), but he could still play mind games with Sora by making Anti-Sora.

Also, it fits with the world (which was Neverland). Anti-Sora, Peter Pan's shadow. Remember?

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
soraluverforever: How would you feel if I said to you "you're a gay i just know that"? It's ridiculous as I don't know you personally, so am formulating my opinion from a very narrow basis. Also no one has innate knowledge of someone's sexuality.

Phoenix: I don't believe I'm over-analysing at all. There's a LOT more to get out from it.
1. Someone seems to be forgetting CoM already told us who the most important person to Sora is, the person whose Sora's very memories revolve around: Kairi.
Important in what sense? Besides, that could have been a convenience to make CoM actually have some sort of plot. They couldn’t exactly use Riku as the person who Sora’s very memories revolve around. Does CoM have relevance to the Kingdom Hearts Plot? In the words of Zets: Some little CoM facts for all those too thick to have figured it out by now...
In other words, I think we can almost exclude that point.

2. Paopu. Paopu. Paopu. The romantic symbolism of the damned fruit is undeniable. The fruit is romance embodied, and when Nomura shows us Sora and Kairi drawing themselves feeding each other the fruit, I am unsure as to how you can debate the significance.

Really? Didn’t they draw those fruit when they were mere children? At that age, due to lack of hormones, you think you’re going to marry your closest friend of the other gender. They obviously weren’t ‘in love’ with each other at that point. Sora’s feelings for Riku could have changed between KH1 and KH2. In KH1 it seemed that Sora and Riku were fighting over Kairi, but this wasn’t the case at all in KH2.

3. Let's look at the games Nomura has been involved with:

FF7 -> Love triangle between Cloud, Tifa and Aeris.
FF8 -> Squall and Rinoa
FFX -> Tidus and Yuna
FFX-2 -> Carbon copy

This tells me that, regardless of personal views, square-enix prefers heterosexual relationships. And looking at the movies, it seems to me that Disney's pretty big on a main heterosexual couple in their work, as well, regardless of the sexuality of their employees.

Up until now. It’s not like things don’t ever evolve within companies.

4. Biggest. Proof. Ever.

Sora fantasized about dancing with Kairi. Dancing is pretty much *the* "ilurveyouso" event. It proves beyond a doubt that Sora likes Kairi. Moreover, Goofy and Donal continuously tease him about Kairi, and while in real life this may not matter much, the fact that it is acknowledged in KH so lightly proves this wasn't even a debate to begin with.
He fantasized about that after watching the Beast and Belle. He could have easily been imagining what it would be like to have that kind of heterosexual relationship. Goofy and Donald did tease him about Kairi a lot, but that doesn’t prove Sora’s feelings for her. Goofy and Donald were going from what they assumed, looking for a conventional pairing, and let’s face it, they aren’t exactly the smartest of creatures.

5. Why do we not see more interaction? Because this isn't a romance game. Why does Sora seem to care more about Riku? Riku could've been dead for all he knew. It was his best friend, a best friend who trapped himself in a world with millions of heartless. And what is Riku to Sora? He's invincible, with him, they can win. Seeing him in AWTNW is a new hope for him, like, now that they have Riku, Xemnas doesn't stand a chance.

-It’s not a romance game, but love is one of the main themes.
-If he was invincible then why would he be concerned?

Kurrado:
I got the impression that it would be more of an unrequited love kind of thing on Riku's part. Personally, some parts of the game, the first one especially, make more sense to me if I interpret it that way. But that might just be me.

I can see that. His jealousy might have been of Kairi becoming close to Sora, and his anger was taken out on Sora.

I will read through that dissertation at some point. Last time I skim read it.

It’s just I got a very homosexual feeling whilst playing the game. Instinct is my strongest argument here, and I know that might not be much, but I can’t change how I perceived the game.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Important in what sense? Besides, that could have been a convenience to make CoM actually have some sort of plot. They couldn’t exactly use Riku as the person who Sora’s very memories revolve around. Does CoM have relevance to the Kingdom Hearts Plot? In the words of Zets: Some little CoM facts for all those too thick to have figured it out by now...
In other words, I think we can almost exclude that point.

ER, you realizing you're ignoring canon, ignoring 1 out of the 3 KH games, so you can deny Sora/Kairi? CoM has relevance to the KH plot because CoM is a KH game that has not been denied as canon.

Really? Didn’t they draw those fruit when they were mere children? At that age, due to lack of hormones, you think you’re going to marry your closest friend of the other gender. They obviously weren’t ‘in love’ with each other at that point. Sora’s feelings for Riku could have changed between KH1 and KH2. In KH1 it seemed that Sora and Riku were fighting over Kairi, but this wasn’t the case at all in KH2.

They drew the pics when they were small children, but the fruits were drawn at 14 and 15. There is no reason for their feelings to change, this isn't a romance game, it's an action game, romance merely being a sub-plot.

Up until now. It’s not like things don’t ever evolve within companies.

Quite right. However, it has no precedent, there are obvious romantic scenes between Sora and Kairi, and you're ignoring CoM simply because you think it was to make money. Surely you realize Sora/Kairi is a given. It's your typical couple.

He fantasized about that after watching the Beast and Belle. He could have easily been imagining what it would be like to have that kind of heterosexual relationship. Goofy and Donald did tease him about Kairi a lot, but that doesn’t prove Sora’s feelings for her. Goofy and Donald were going from what they assumed, looking for a conventional pairing, and let’s face it, they aren’t exactly the smartest of creatures.

In these type of games (non-romantic), unless mistaking the relationship is a relevant plot point, whatever the sidekicks think has the seal of approval of the writer. Donald and Goofy tease him because it's a given. Sora fantasizes about Kairi dancing with him ebcause this is your typical romantic imagery. There is no deep meaning behind this, because, again, this isn't a romantic game. This is what i mean by overanalyzing.

-It’s not a romance game, but love is one of the main themes.

I thought the main theme was light, darkness and choice? At any rate, love =/= romance. Sora loves Riku, of course, as they're best friends. Sora also loves Donald and Goofy, because they're friends too.

-If he was invincible then why would he be concerned?

This is psychological. Sora has always looked up to Riku. In his mind, if Riku's there, they can win. When I was a kid, I was fairly confident that if my older brother helped me with something, I could do it.

It’s just I got a very homosexual feeling whilst playing the game. Instinct is my strongest argument here, and I know that might not be much, but I can’t change how I perceived the game.

Perhaps from Riku (and I could question that), but never from Sora. Sora likes Kairi. Their interaction is common in movies and games. Sora drew himself feeding kairi a paopu. Sora gets nervous/annoyed when someone hints he might like Kairi (Riku, Donald, Goofy). CoM (even if you don't like it) establishes that Kairi is Sora's most important person. Sora sees himself dancing with Kairi.

You could argue for Riku liking Sora, but never the other way around.

T

Tyler Durden

But where are there any points to prove that Riku is gay?

In the first KH game, he and Sora are competing for KAIRI's attention, Riku is searching for a way to restore KAIRI's heart, he shuts himself in Kingdom Hearts, telling Sora to take care of KAIRI...

Notice the capitalization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back