• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku and Naminé

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Idkanymore92

Awards
I always thought Riku and Namine would be a cute couple. I know Riku doesn’t need a girlfriend but I see the potential with these too and thought Riku liked her. Do you think they would make them a couple?

phoenixmiko

Awards
I always thought Riku and Namine would be a cute couple. I know Riku doesn’t need a girlfriend but I see the potential with these two and thought Riku liked her. Do you think they would make them a couple?

Fixed.

I do not think Riku and Namine would be made a couple in KH3 because (to me anyway) it seemed that KH2 was suggesting Roxas and Namine had feelings for each other.

Whilst one could argue that there may be potential for Riku and Namine to develop a romantic attachment thanks to the fact they would have been in contact with one another while Riku journeyed with Mickey and when he later worked with DiZ, this is of course going off the presumption that their off-screen interactions would have had - or hinted at - budding affection on the part of one or both of them.

I may like the idea of RikuNami but I personally feel that this pairing needs more on-screen interaction or active acknowledgement and demonstration of the nature of their dynamic before the supposition of any romance between them. Naturally, because they have been seen to interact in-game, it can be said that there is a possibility this couple could happen thanks to the fact they have met and talked to each other. The same could be said for any two characters who have become acquainted with one another in the series.

Personally, I see RikuNami as the only other possible pairing for Riku after RikuShi at the moment. This is because I do not think any other characters could potentially get together with him. For me, it is RikuShi, RikuNami or Riku remaining single. While I think that the characters in KH can easily all stay friends, there are characters that I would like to see get a love interest and Riku is one of those.

Last edited:

Idkanymore92

Awards
I see a lot of people like rikushi why is that? I thought he seemed more interested in Namine and since the Rokushi scenes everyone assumes Roxas is going to be with Xion. I agree Namine or Xion are the choices if they give Riku a girl but I prefer Namiku

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If you mean Namine and Repliku then I could see something there. But I never got a sense of romantic feelings between actual Riku and Namine, lol.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Namine and Repliku are my OTP.

Namine and Riku are more like the roommate type of pair. They’d rent an apartment together, be good friends in each other’s time of need, mutually obsess over a shared goal, but they wouldn’t ever even think about dating because they already have people they have their eyes on.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Riku and Namine would be alright. Still, if I had the choice, I'd rather Namine and Repliku. Roxas and Namine would be my 2nd choice for Namine, since their scenes in KH2 together were so emotional.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
There was not any concrete build up for them to be romantically inclined imo. If I would have shipped them back when CoM appeared, it probably would have been because there was nothing else at the time. And since Sora had Kairi, it would be "natural" that Naminé would be set up for Riku despite that they only had one scene together where Riku mentioned that she smelled like Kairi. Sort of like pair what's left.

KHII brought along Roxas into the mix, and while I don't believe their interactions (I've gone through why before in another topic) were inherently romantic in themselves, there was romantic subtext added to them that had people feel they were "forced" because they only knew one another for the prologue. Meaning, the implication was there. Subtext is merely subtext however. I don't think Roxas and Naminé had/have feelings for each other, at least not yet. The closest would be slight interest, curiosity, and attraction. KHII was simply the place where they met and bonded through similar fates, taking solace in their ends that they won't have to go through this merge resigning their existences alone. But that alone already feels like a much better basis than what Riku and Naminé had gotten altogether. Especially since Roxas and Naminé work well in that we have Roxas call her out pretty bluntly about how hurtful her words were about not being meant to exist, and Naminé being the only person in his life that respected his agency and had no issue revealing to him the truth he always sought, no matter if it was painful. Something his own friends failed to do due to coddling him.

My opinion on Days and its recycled plot of the KHII prologue aside, I believe Riku was the Naminé to Xion's Roxas'. The person that was there to serve as support and be the guide of revelations the character needed at the time. Whether that means they have something there, I'm not sure. Unlike Naminé, I felt that Riku had more of an ulterior motive. Not that the same can't be said for Naminé, one could argue her actions to be ambiguous, yet the fact that she let Roxas make his decision alone, risking Sora's restoration, leaves me to think that she was honest in her actions. She's even more neutral in the Japanese version.

I think the series is setting up Riku to be single really.

redcrown

Awards
If Riku was straight I think they would be a semi fitting and feasible couple.

To me at least in the few scenes they've been in together they had more chemistry to me then Roxas and Namine, since I feel that pairing was really forced and uninspired; only meant to reinforce the Sora and Kairi pairing in the most lazy way possible.

Plus Riku and Namine have much more in common, which I've said here before so I'll just quote it here.

This might be weird to say but I ship Riku and Namine but purely platonically (I can still see how people do so romantically), and I honestly wished they had shown more scenes of them interacting like in Reverse/Rebirth. I mean they had a lot in common during the CoM-KH2 era: betraying people they cared about (Sora) for their own emotional fulfillments, stemming from their own deep insecurities about themselves, carrying the guilt and shame of doing so and working their hardest to make amends and revive Sora using any means possible, and no matter how long it took.

I honestly never saw much in common between Roxas and Namine besides them being nobodies born from Sora and being blonde. Riku and Namine had arcs and personalities that more clearly paralleled each other.

I think Spockanort said it best though, they work as really good platonic friends who have feelings for other people.

Last edited:

Idkanymore92

Awards
Redcrown I agree also I get what you mean when you said if Riku was straight I do sometimes think he’s in love with Sora but we know it’ll probably never be said.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
At least we can all agree that Riku and Namine are platonic friends. They had good chemistry that I wish had been explored in KH2 like the others said. For those of you who do like their interactions, checking out the novels isn't a bad idea. Even the briefest scenes add so much more to their friendship.

Redcrown I agree also I get what you mean when you said if Riku was straight I do sometimes think he’s in love with Sora but we know it’ll probably never be said.

I mean...I won't get into it because I'm known to derail a topic on this very thing, but KH3D is one big "Riku loves Sora" ode. Doesn't matter if you see it as platonic or romantic, but it's there. It just hasn't been stated with the actual word.

Idkanymore92

Awards
I agree the sad thing is it probably won’t ever be said. I find it hard to believe they didn’t realize the way they made Riku seem.

Back