• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Rick Astley shortlisted for MTV Award

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
BBC said:
Eighties pop singer Rick Astley has become the surprise contender for best act ever at this year's MTV Europe Music Awards in Liverpool.

The star, who has never been nominated in the history of the event, is up against U2, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Green Day and Tokio Hotel.

The winner, chosen by fans online, will be unveiled at the show on 6 November.

Astley returned to prominence this year when internet users were "tricked" into watching the video of his biggest hit.

A craze called "Rickrolling" saw web users unwittingly follow links to Astley's videos. It led to millions of plays of Astley's song Never Gonna Give You Up, which reached number one in the UK in 1987.

It went on to become a number one hit in 15 other countries.

"Rick's fans have obviously decided that he deserves recognition as a pop icon and no doubt they are determined to make sure he wins on the night," said the award show's producer Richard Godfrey.

Madonna is up for the video star category with 4 Minutes - the only nomination she has received this year.

The 50-year-old pop star will battle it out with 30 Seconds to Mars, Santogold, Weezer and Snoop Dogg, who hosted the ceremony last year.

What do you think? It's pretty hilarious that it's no wonder that he thinks it's a joke. Still could be.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Hahaha! That's great. I pray to God he wins, just for the lulz. I mean, the guy must know that he's a bit of a joke. After all, he found it hilarious that his song was used in rickrolling the Church of Scientology raid.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
uhmmm... I never heard of him lol

woo Tokio Hotel! lol srry.

where is he from ? I honestly never heard of them

Clearly, you've never been Rickrolled. If you're someone that uses the internet frequently, then it's pretty impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back