• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Reused VAs : good idea?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riku Fan1415

Title says it all. Would it be better if they just reused the same voice actors they had for the original? Since, after all, nearly all the characters are in CoM anyway. As for Axel, they could just use the same VA as they did for KH2. I've heard that the VA for Ansem in KH1 was supposed to be a genius at it or something, so if that's true, he should probably voice Ansem in Re:CoM, don't you think?

A

Audo

Eh? They are using the same VAs for the series as it stands. Since Billy Zane was recasted for KH2, Richard Epcar is now that character's VA, for the series. That doesn't change per game. As such, the recast for Nami for Re:CoM is now the person who will voice Nami for the rest of the series, if she is not recasted again.
Make sense? o.o

Riku Fan1415

^not really, Billy Zane played Ansem in the first KH, right? Why not keep him for the rest of the series? Recasted, meaning, what? replaced?

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
Well, I'm not a Square insider, so I don't know how the VA casting process works. I would think that they try their best to keep the same voice actor for the same character in each game. But sometimes things come up, like scheduling conflicts, or disagreements with the actor, and the person doesn't come back. If everything's good, I think they try to hire the same people.

A

Audo

^not really, Billy Zane played Ansem in the first KH, right? Why not keep him for the rest of the series? Recasted, meaning, what? replaced?
Yes, meaning replaced.
Recasted means they casted the role for someone else.
Billy Zane voiced Xehanort's Heartless in the first KH1, but for one reason or another (be it he didn't have time, disagreements, he wanted more money, etc.) he was replaced with a new voice actor (aka recasting).
He was replaced by Richard Epcar. Now, Richard Epcar is the voice actor for Xehanort/Xehanort's Heartless for the series now. Meaning, as long as they can get him back, he will always be there to reprise those roles.

Likewise, Nami has been recasted. Brittany Snow is no longer the voice actress for Nami any more. Instead it is Meaghan Jette Martin. Now, whenever Nami has a role in the games (Re:CoM and later) she will be voiced by Meaghan, unless the role is recasted once more.

Meaning that, yes, they are keeping the same VAs (with the exception of those who had been recasted)

Sweet Genocide

There are only like four returning charecters with voice acting. Corridor scenes have the voicing, meaning the org members that were defeated before kh2 (besides axel) are the only organization XIII members in this game.
charecters:
sora: confirmed return
riku: confirmed
DIZ: confirmed
Namine: recasted
Axel: confirmed
all others were not featured in KH2 so they dont have a VA to return.....

Riku Fan1415

^OK, sweet, because Sora and Riku's VAs were genius in the first game, I'm ok with Namine's, it'll be interesting to compare. Axel, again, perfectly fits his character.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
If I had it my way Ansem and Namine's voices wouold be the same as the first one. But hey, apparently VA have better people to voice other than Kh characters, go figure.

A

Azrael

Title says it all. Would it be better if they just reused the same voice actors they had for the original? Since, after all, nearly all the characters are in CoM anyway. As for Axel, they could just use the same VA as they did for KH2. I've heard that the VA for Ansem in KH1 was supposed to be a genius at it or something, so if that's true, he should probably voice Ansem in Re:CoM, don't you think?

Billy Zane is sadly no longer Ansem's place BUT we can hope for Terra, am I right? :nahnah:

Sweet Genocide

Billy Zane was great, but there is like no chance in hell hes gonna show up again. Plus Terra will probably sound well, less old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back