• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Repliku a Seeker of Darkness?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

WarpChaos

Do you guys think it's plausible that Repliku is one of the 13 seekers of darkness? I feel that he is one of the largely ignored characters that we haven't seen since COM. I feel it could be possible, since they wanted Riku, and they could have gone back to get him instead.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
I too once considered Repliku to be a possible returning or character in hiding. But then someone reminded me that he's dead. The real Riku killed him. It was actually pretty depressing. He was a puppet, but he had developed a sense of self, just like Xion. Anyway he's dead and there has been no indication that he'll ever return from the dead.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Personally, I find it unlikely that he is. He was manipulatable, full of anger and rage at the circumstances surrounding his existence, but his connections to Xehanort are weak. He was one of the failed result of the Replica program. He wasn't even a real clone of Riku, merely modeled to look like Riku and given fake memories created by Namine.

I know my peers are likely to believe he is a possible SoD, but he has so little worth. They could just make a new replica if they wanted to make a vessel. Why bother using the one that rebelled against his own creators and died because he still was too weak to beat the real Riku?

Sounds like more of a liability than a true asset.

They could just take the real!douche!Riku from KH1 and have something much stronger than Repliku and just as manipulatable and angry.

Last edited:

WarpChaos

So what if he's dead? Weren't most of the others? Isn't that the whole point of time travel?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Truthfully, with the introduction of this plot device known as time travel, it's not impossible. Xehanort could have gone out of his time to pluck Repliku out from his, thus bypassing the limitation that he has been dead for several games now.

In addition, the drawback to the KHverse-style time travel is that the travellers won't be able to remember what had happened in their journey in another time. Therefore, Repliku can go on living the events of CoM without ever remembering his time in KH3 (if he is one of the darknesses) and it still won't be contradicting anything.

However... all that said, I personally believe that they are more likely to go for KH1 Riku over Repliku for reasons already stated by Spock.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I think rather than Repliku, it'll be Riku-Ansem.

We see another Riku in Prankster's Paradise, which Riku refers to as "his dark side." That Riku is also wearing a black cloak, something Riku doesn't actually obtain until long after visiting Monstro.

Additionally, time travel requires that a version of Xehanort be at the destination, which is a requirement I don't believe Repliku fills.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Additionally, time travel requires that a version of Xehanort be at the destination, which is a requirement I don't believe Repliku fills.

I agree with everything you said, but I want to address this.

Riku still had a bit of SoD within his heart as we see him struggle with the fact in R/R, so that can be the anchor for any SoD to travel to the time of CoM.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I agree with everything you said, but I want to address this.

Riku still had a bit of SoD within his heart as we see him struggle with the fact in R/R, so that can be the anchor for any SoD to travel to the time of CoM.
Even so, at this point Riku has begun his resistance to Darkness, and neither him nor Repliku seem nearly as easy to recruit as a version of Riku which was already on their side.

I'm also unsure if anyone outside of the CO team were aware that Riku was in the Castle, or that Repliku even existed.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Even so, at this point Riku has begun his resistance to Darkness, and neither him nor Repliku seem nearly as easy to recruit as a version of Riku which was already on their side.

I'm also unsure if anyone outside of the CO team were aware that Riku was in the Castle, or that Repliku even existed.

I wasn't saying they'd recruit Riku from that time. I'm only saying that Riku of that time could have easily been used an an anchor to reach that time regardless of his feelings over SoD and his growing resistance. And nothing has been said to them needing to know that a version of the Xehanort is there. All we know is that they need to be there, but we don't know how they go about figuring out when and where to go.

Depending on who are the remaining SoDs & one of them so happens to be Vexen/Even, they would have that information if they need it to travel to a specific time.

While I do not believe Repliku is a SoD, there are creative ways of reaching him if he were to possibly become a vessel. He might not have been amenable to his creator's wishes to control him, but all of the Xehanorts have silver tongues. They could easily tell him "This is your chance to become real" "You can defeat the original" "Imagine the power you would obtain" just as the CO Organization members did to him before.

But like I said, I think Repliku would be worthless to their cause. No way would Xehanort see a weak failure as a fit vessel.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
We see another Riku in Prankster's Paradise, which Riku refers to as "his dark side." That Riku is also wearing a black cloak, something Riku doesn't actually obtain until long after visiting Monstro.

4:50
[video=youtube_share;eHALrEci8gc]http://youtu.be/eHALrEci8gc?t=4m50s[/video]

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Man, three possible Rikus for Seeker of Darkness...
Repliku: With Repliku, normally I'd say he's not very likely going to a SoD because he's, you know, dead, but DDD changed his status from "dead" to "seemingly dead" so...
Data-Riku: The least likely Riku, I think. But hey, it's possible.
KH1-Riku: Now if there is a Riku in the SoD ranks, I'd say it's this one. What better Riku to have than this guy? And I like the idea of Riku fighting his younger self.
I'm not forgetting any Rikus I'm I?

Gram

Banned
Awards
I'm gonna have to agree with Master Spockanort and Solosis. Repliku just wouldn't be of much use to them, though I could see Xehanort easily deceiving him into it I don't see Xehanort wanting him either.

The kh1 riku would be more suitable to Xehanorts cause.

Data-Riku: The least likely Riku, I think. But hey, it's possible.
I highly doubt we'd see him either. Especially since he's more of an embodiment of the journal than just a simple data version of riku.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
Oh yeah I feel like a total idiot now for forgetting about the time travel thing. Yeah that makes things way more complicated. My answer is still no because I feel like Xehanort is mostly unaware that he even existed in the short time that he did. Not to mention he's essentially a failure. He's still an interesting character in my eyes but I can't see Xehanort viewing him as useful.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Wasn't Xemnas aware of Riku Replica?

He definitely is a likely canidate and would be a good replacement for Riku. I would love to see a rematch between him and Riku in KH3

Gram

Banned
Awards
Wasn't Xemnas aware of Riku Replica?

He definitely is a likely canidate and would be a good replacement for Riku. I would love to see a rematch between him and Riku in KH3
Xemnas was aware of the program as a whole but that doesn't mean he knows Vexen used one of the spare "puppets" to make a repliku in CoM. Xemnas' attention seemed more concentrated on Xion.

Why replace Riku when he can go back and get the actual riku in kh1?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Xemnas was aware of the program as a whole but that doesn't mean he knows Vexen used one of the spare "puppets" to make a repliku in CoM. Xemnas' attention seemed more concentrated on Xion.

Why replace Riku when he can go back and get the actual riku in kh1?

I just figured that Riku's clone would be the next best choice and would be a good way to bring back that character. That's all.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

A weak puppet that died in less than 30 days of existing? Facing off against Master Riku who not only has age under his belt, but a strong heart with a resistance against the darkness? Okay.

Whatever power Xehanort could afford to Repliku, I doubt it'd be enough to make him a true threat against any of the current heroes.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
A weak puppet that died in less than 30 days of existing? Facing off against Master Riku who not only has age under his belt, but a strong heart with a resistance against the darkness? Okay.

Whatever power Xehanort could afford to Repliku, I doubt it'd be enough to make him a true threat against any of the current heroes.

I wouldn't say that. Master Xehanort is extremely powerful. I'm sure he could give Repliku a huge power boost.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I just figured that Riku's clone would be the next best choice and would be a good way to bring back that character. That's all.

If we're talking about Riku being the best choice here, the next in line would be Sora. Wasn't it already elaborated by YX at that final confrontation in DDD that they chose Sora because Riku had developed a certain resistance to darkness?

I think there are numerous reasons why Xehanort should choose anybody over Repliku at any given moment. I feel bad to say this, but Repliku is... probably a misfunctioning entity, and would be unlikely to become Xehanort's vessel. As Spock had said, he'd just be a liability.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I don't think you guys are giving Repliku enough credit. He was able to defeat Zexion with no effort and was able to seriously injure Sora.

Also, I don't see how KH1 Riku would be a better choice since he is nowhere near the level Riku is currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back