• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Religion=Friendship?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Should friendship be based off religion?

• Yes

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • No

Votes: 12 92.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsuki-chan

つきこ
Awards
I'm am Christian, and I'm proud of that. (so is my family)

But somethings are going to far. My family(mostly my mum) are trying to base my friendship off of religion or non-religion.

I'm not aloud to go to my friend's house or go to any of her sleep-overs because she is Wiccan.(sp?)The reason why(besides her being Wiccan) is because my mum is afraid she's going to sacrifice me. Sara(the friend that's wiccan) and I have been friends long before we knew eachothers religions. Plus it's kinda hard to tell Sara that I cant spend time with her because Wiccan.

Also at times my family get's on me because 2/4 of my friends are Atheist(and a lot of them are gothic).
Here's a converstation we had a couple days ago:

Mum: Shade(me), Abigail and Brittany are Atheist right?
Me: Yeah.
Mum: Try not to follow to much after them.
Me: Why?
Mum: Because there gothic too, right?
Me: Yes.
Mum: Well, since there gothic and atheist they most-likely believe in the satan, and might become satanist, so I dont want you following that.
Me:-really pissed off-

I have a lot of Atheist friends and we get along just fine. I love having friends who have different beliefs(or dont) than me, I always feel I can learn something from them. I dont care what religion you have, you still be my friend if you want.

Topic:

Do you believe friendships should be based of religion?

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
Hell no.

I'm an agnostic, and I have a wide variety of friends. Including strict Catholics, atheists, Muslim, and an Anglican. And religion is never a huge deal, ever.

If you respect your friend's beliefs, and they respect yours, then there's no way religion can stand in the way of your friendship. ^-^

The Big Lovin'

Everyone's Favorite Uncle Ji-Chan
I'm a satanist and have a christian freinds. I even have die-hard, nun, priest, christian freinds. The know I'm a satanist. It only tripped out a few, but we were still cool. I've actually had the chance of explaining to them what my brand of satanism(Philoshopical/LeVeyan) was. They got a kick out of it. But of course, you are going to have the douche bags that jump to conclusions and shit. Your mom is just another ignorant bible-thumper. Nothing you can do about that =/

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
In this country? It's not like I have much of a choice. The only friends I have that are not Christian are the ones that I directly influenced.

The Enigmatic Man

The Power Cosmic Master
A thing that we all need to do is be tolerant of other people's beliefs and religion. In your case that's just absurd and insulting to your friend so you should try and talk to your mom and make her understand that it isn't like your friend is an Anti-Christian who wants to kill you and instead she is a friend who respects your beliefs and you respect hers.

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
Atheism means a lack of all beliefs. If your friends are Atheists, then they aren't Satanists. Its one or the other. Why do we look down on Satanism anyways? Its only the name that scares people it seems, when they know nothing more about it.

My friends come in all sorts of different "flavors"; Jews, Muslims, tons of christian denominations, Agnostics and plenty of Atheists. I'm Agnostic btw.

Keep your thoughts about his mother to yourself, Latino

~Phoenix

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
I'm atheist and have friends that are Catholics,Christian, Muslim, etc. My parents(at least my mom) could careless what religion my friends are just as long as they aren't "bad" kids. To me religion has nothing really to do with friendship, just as long as you can get along with them and like them it shouldn't really matter who they worship or don't worship.

I'm sorry to say this but your Mother is just being ignorant and fears that your faith is in some sort of jeopardy from just hanging out with them. You should try talking to her about accepting their beliefs just like they accept yours. =/

(strict)Gothic Atheist are not going to turn to Satanism cause they don't have a belief in it, I dont see why some people freak out when a person doesn't believe in their Holy God and thinks they must believe in the evil alternative.

...I would love to know who voted Yes on the poll XD

The Midnight Channel

My Photoshop Just Died TT_TT
Im Gonstic and I have friends who yes, do find it an odd religion. But are we haters of each other because of it? No. Most of my friends are Christian and Catholic, but to me, religion doesn't really matter. If a friend believes in Satan, I find it kinda wierd, but it's fine with me. If they want to worship pizza hut, I say let them. Its called tolerance, of for some reason, some people can't be "tolerant" of other religions.

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com
Its called tolerance, of for some reason, some people can't be "tolerant" of other religions.
Because they shouldn't be. I'm not tolerant of rapist or serial killers but by your logic, I should be, "just because".
If you think someone should be tolerant of someone's beliefs, apply that logic to rapist.
You should let people have a right to their own opinions but that doesn't mean one should pretend to be fine with another's beliefs.
In this case, tsukiusagimochi's mom is ignorant. It has nothing to do with tolerance because she doesn't know a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back