• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Rebalancing KH3D

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I just finished my restricted critical run yesterday, and that difficulty was pretty much perfect. YX fight was really the only one that gave me some serious trouble, and I personally didn't like the fight very much, but everything else was fine. A good balance, I think. Hard enough that I couldn't beat all of the bosses on the first try, but easy enough to not get stuck on something for days.

I don't have any complaints about balloonra, I tried it, but didn't like it too much. Sure it does massive damage if you summon it right on the enemy, but it's super slow and can easily get you killed during bosses if you're not quick to heal after getting trashed while casting it. The only move that I found op was faith, since it starts immediatly and can't be stopped by the enemy even if they try to hit you. Does neat damage on bosses, great crowd control, heals you up almost fully. Good stuff. Also dark firaga for Riku, nice and fast, does good damage.

If there's something I'd like changed, it's flowmotion. I want an option to remove it completely. It's a neat feature, I don't hate it, it can just really mess up bosses. Pretty much the only reason Ventus Nightmare took a couple of tries was because Riku kept bouncing off the walls when I needed to heal. It's useful in some fights, a nuisance in others.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Hmm, there were a couple difficulty spikes in the game, but in the end they did not bother me that much. Like Osprey I felt that the last difficulty spike in the TWTNW added to the feeling of it being the last world in the game, and things are starting to get intense. I guess the only thing I would modify in the game would be the flinching of bosses and normal enemies, but I am not sure if that qualifies as rebalancing. So in a nutshell, I would leave the game as it is.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Some shit cannot be fixed by tweaking the numbers, homies. The game is a bit of a rush job. An enjoyable rush-job at times, but other times it's pretty sorry. The game kinda peaks at the Tron world, because both Sora and Riku fight their most enjoyable boss battles right there.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Ansem SOD took me two days that fucking wiener. Venightmare was a cunt for like two hours, difficulty spike was mad once you ran up to the end of the city as sora.

this was proud mode lmao, i just hope critical is available from the start and they tweak some of the game's aspects and features itself rather then difficulty. @catcake unless DDD is heavily modifyed removing flowmotion will make the game incompletable.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Ansem SOD took me two days that diddlying wiener. Venightmare was a ham for like two hours, difficulty spike was mad once you ran up to the end of the city as sora.

this was proud mode lmao, i just hope critical is available from the start and they tweak some of the game's aspects and features itself rather then difficulty. @catcake unless DDD is heavily modifyed removing flowmotion will make the game incompletable.

Not removing completely, just giving an option to turn it off when you want to. Like I said, it's useful in many situations, but at least for me it was a nuisance in most bosses. Having to avoid walls is kind of annoying.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Not removing completely, just giving an option to turn it off when you want to. Like I said, it's useful in many situations, but at least for me it was a nuisance in most bosses. Having to avoid walls is kind of annoying.

You can turn off flowmotion attacks by removing them from your abilities. However you can't get rid of the wall jumping because the game wants you to explore and traverse the huge worlds. The worlds were designed with flowmotion in mind, you need it to get through certain places. It's like playing CoM without cards or 2 without reaction commands. It's a core feature.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
If we could dodge roll into walls without activating FloMo, we'd be golden.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Should've been an option to turn FlowMotion off. Just sayin'.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
The dodge roll into walls I understand, the turning off flowmotion I don't. Dream Drop Distance was designed around Flowmotions, Drop System and Dream Eaters. If you don't like any of those things that's fine but to want them removed would take a huge part out of the game.
It's like Mario without jumping or Sonic without speed.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
The dodge roll into walls I understand, the turning off flowmotion I don't. Dream Drop Distance was designed around Flowmotions, Drop System and Dream Eaters. If you don't like any of those things that's fine but to want them removed would take a huge part out of the game.
It's like Mario without jumping or Sonic without speed.
I'm saying IF it happened, it would be a very different game, yes. At least how the worlds are designed, but that's just what I want.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I'm saying IF it happened, it would be a very different game, yes.

Yeah that's my point. I completely agree that the flowmotion needs some tweaking with its damage and activation but removing(turning off) it would make it a completely different game. I don't think making a new game with different mechanics counts as rebalancing.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah that's my point. I completely agree that the flowmotion needs some tweaking with its damage and activation but removing(turning off) it would make it a completely different game.
Yeah, I was agreeing with you lol.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
My bad, I'm just trying emphasize how integral flowmotion is to DDD.

WaveK89

idk it's weird to me. when i was playing, i always had to go out of my way to activate flowmotion.

This. Though sometimes it's the opposite of what I want, especially when I try to spin around large dream eaters.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
My main issue with dodge roll activating FloMo is that it usually happens at the worst times. I'll be trying to get away from a killer attack, only to accidentally hit a wall, waste a split second while FloMo activates, and get killed before I can bounce away. It's especially annoying when you were JUST about to use a healing command, too.

Anagram

Banned
I would just appreciate the option to turn flow motion off in combat. Dont rebuilt the entire game just give me an option in the menu. Anyone that claims you can turn it off right now are wrong. If you unequip everything Sora just spirals around uncontrollably.

Dodge rolling was a random annoyance for me as well but I mostly just dont like flowmotion in general. It makes easy to a KH2 reaction command level and I generally just dont find zipping around like it's early Dragonball fun.

Of course some bosses require the flow motion so an off button would be limited to some bosses but I can live with a few if the majority is optional.

If you don't like any of those things that's fine but to want them removed would take a huge part out of the game.
Your confusing the option for turning them off for complete removal mate. I recognize some like them but I hate them and if we're being asked how we'd like rebalance or more enjoyment that is my answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back