• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[R2-B4] Chaosmax vs. Grace Falls

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Arena:
You are in an office building. A maze of cubicles spans the entirety of the twenty-ninth floor, where you will begin. Frosted glass panels substitute for the walls that separate the executives from the middle management; they edge the perimeter of the office. Ordinarily, office drones flutter in and out of the workspace; however, the time is 1:00 AM, and you are the only two remaining in the building -- save for the voice emanating from the speakers commanding you to fight.

It appears one of your colleagues is a bit of a psycho and spiked your afternoon coffees with a slow-acting sedative that peaked at 4:49 PM. You both collapsed when everyone else left work, whereupon he stripped you of all communication devices.

Your incentive to entertain him is simple. He currently sits inside the security office on the ground floor where he controls all electronically activated doors, alarms and sprinklers, and watches your performance on CCTV via the office building's myriad security cameras. The office building is locked over weekends, and if you choose to ignore him, you will not leave the building until security returns on Monday, reopens the building to discover two employees who have died from carbon monoxide poisoning (from an apparent malfunction in the ventilation), and then carries your bodies out, head first, in black bags.

So heed his commands if you wish to escape alive.​
Special Conditions:

1. The objective is to keep the psycho in the security office entertained. He likes a good fight, so put up one.
  2. He credits unique attacks that use the environment and props in it. You're in an office: think of the wonderful possibilities of stationery weapons -- biro pens, staplers, even photocopying machines.
  3. Destroy your opponent without killing them.
  4. You will also be judged on your writing quality. I have deliberately left the details of this arena vague for you to design it as you see fit.
Restrictions:
STRICTLY NO MAGIC OR POWERS. This is melee-only combat.​
Creation period:
When both of you indicate that you have read the mechanics of this battle by posting in this thread, I will post a barebones template with a prescriptive list of 'abilities', from which you may choose a maximum of three. This is to prevent one character from overpowering another and to credit your battle technique rather than your ability to conceive an indestructible character.​
I am happy to take any questions.

Last edited by a moderator:

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
That's the idea!

Rumor has it the restaurant on the second floor has been left nicely unlocked for you -- pots, pans and knives galore. Make a weapon out of everything.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Changed my mind about the 'abilities', because it's silly to have a restrictive list of things you can do in a battle that demands you expand your imagination. You will instead choose three items from a list of ten, with which your character will come equipped when they wake. What you do with them is entirely your choice. The items are dealt on a first come, first serve basis and you may not have a starting weapon that your opponent has already claimed, and to make things interesting, items on the list may not be found elsewhere.

I advise you consider the best combination of items, rather than the individual items per se.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Chaosmax

Dream.Drop.Distance.
I REALLY hate myself for saying this but.....I'm going to have to drop out of this battle and the tournament I have 2 many things going on right now sorry.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Considering this still lets me get in a battle for LongLiveLife, I'm going to make another battle thread for Grace and Life. Can't have a judge fighting in his own battle :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back