• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Quinton Flynn's Voice Acting

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Optimus Rhyme

Better than Ken at LoL
Out of like, the one scene I've watched, as stated, he does sound flat, but if they wanted his voice to be firey, wouldn't they have just re-done it untill it was the way they wanted it to be?

I care about the voices. If they always sucked, (Like Namine Re:CoM, IMO...) I would skip all the cutscenes because I couldn't bear to listen to their voices.

And on the side, I didn't know Marluxia's name was pronounced Mar-lu-sha. I thought it was Mar-lux-ia... =/

rake

any cast member from Metal Gear is cool in my books. even IF Raiden was not popular amongst fans he was still decent and did some good fightin's in mgs4 to account.

Eternal_Key

Well besides the fact that he had to be more nobody-like (think Xemnas's monotonous voice), I think it might have to do with the fact that they didn't lip-sync to English. Think about it: if you have to sort of match your words with the way the mouths are moving, you aren't given much chance to ad-lib. Maybe Quinton is an ad-libber and he's not used to being restricted.

AC Reno doesn't count cuz they didn't even try to match the words with the mouth movements.

Papou

His voice sounded weird to me the first time he spoke, but I kind of liked his performance in Re:CoM. It seems to change as he is introduced to the feeling of 'feeling'. He's very flat at the beginning but by the end he sounds like the more passionate Axel we see in KH2.

Ryuki90

Yeah, the first time Axel spoke, feels like he's a different person with different personalities :cry:

firemage8

Everyone has their opinions, but if they are watching the cutscenes on youtube then don't bother to compare because the voices echo and sound monologue like either way with any character. When you have the actual game then that is different. His voice sounded really good as he is supposed to sound dark and with no emotion. He is not supposed to sound all buddy like or anything to that resort. His character in this game is played differently. There are parts where he does open up though as he is a deceiver. Also Square-Enix told their actors to try to match the exact words to the script as they wanted to follow the actual script as close as possible. They are not supposed to really sound excited or up beat in this kind of game. There are parts where their tones are definite on purpose, but often times it is hard to catch it. He sounded great to me and I was not disappointed in it. People are just used the way he sounded in Kh2. There is nothing wrong with that, but remember that the VAs are the ones who go by Square-Enix's commands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back