• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Question about the Trinity

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
Hm, no disrespect Brother Luap, but different beings cannot be one being..What you describe is as Forever Atlas kinda said, its polytheistic. You really need to do some more dwelling on this. Remember, Jesus (PBUH) prayed to someone. Who is it he prayed to? Surely this shows there was something greater than he if he prayed to it and not his equal.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Its amazing this Trinity. I've never come across it in the Bible and never did Jesus (PBUH) ever come up with such a statement or theory. He only professed that there is one God. Time and time again the old and new testament have clear statements about One God. I can quote countless. But I better keep my posts short lol, I tend to overdo it.
As far as the Trinity goes, Christian scholars themselves have stated that it was fabricated three centuries after the death of Jesus (PBUH). The first definition was four centuries after. This in itself speaks volumes.
I suggest reading about this if you truly want to know more. We have to reserach and not believe blindly.
This book gives great insight and has many references for proof, which is important. Its called 'What did Jesus really say?' What Did Jesus Really Say by Misha' al ibn Abdullah Al Kadhi
(Go to page 35 about the Trinity)

Amazingly the Qura'n speaks about the Trinity and specifically mentions it (in arabic its salasa, which can be translated as 1 in 3 or 3 in 1 which is the Trinitarian view.)

Chapter 5 Verse 73:
They do blaspheme who say: Allah is one of three in a Trinity: for there is no god except One Allah. If they desist not from their word (of blasphemy), verily a grievous penalty will befall the blasphemers among them.​

Chapter 4 Verse 171:

O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His apostles. Say not "Trinity" : desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah. Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs.​

The word Trinity itself is not in the bible but the word Trinity simply refers to what the bible speaks of as Father, son (Sometimes called the word), and the holy spirit. Three in one, one in three thus a Trinity.

Like has been said before. Water can be a solid, a liquid, or a gas. 3 different forms yet they are all still one thing, water. God takes 3 different forms, though of course his forms are more complex then water's forms, but all the forms are still one thing, God. This does not take away from the idea of One God.

The idea of God having 3 different forms is stated even in the book of Genesis where God says, "Let us make man in OUR image"

If water can take on 3 different forms and still be water then why can God not take on 3 different forms and still be God? Solid, Liquid, Gas, no matter what form it takes it is still one substances, water. Father, Son, Holy Spirit, no matter what form it takes it is still one being, God. To say that one substances such as water can be 3 different states but that God cannot be 3 different states is therefore saying that water is greater than God or that God is not almighty. For how can God be almighty if he cannot even do as the water does and have 3 different states but yet still be one? How can God be almight if he cannot even do what water can do? In other words the Trinity only further serves to glorify the power and majesty of God.

Besides God came into human form in order to become a perfect sacrifice which was the only way to pay for our debt owed to sin.

If I remember my research of islamic beliefs, Muslims do not even believe in original sin. If that is so then how is it that humans die? For if there was no original sin then humans would have perfect bodies and thus would not die. For the wages of sin is death. To say we have no original sin and yet it is obvious people die, such a belief makes little sense.

Due to this, Muslims must not believe in any repentance for sin. So if this is the case then God must accept our sin, and therefore excepts sin. This would make God imperfect as he would be defying his own laws. If this is the case then all people must go to heaven and therefore the whole point of being a muslim or any other member of a religion crumbles, as there would be no point in living a certain way then.

In the ends this leaves muslims to find themselves with a case that has no answer and no solution. As they have no answer to sin. Therefore because of the above, the Quran cannot possibly be the true word of God.

The bible however offers an answer, by a perfect being which was God in human form Jesus Christ sacrificing himself for our sins, this pays for our sins. Belief in him and acceptance of his sacrifices thus leads to being free of sin and thus enternal life in the next world. Such an explanation is simple and easy to understand and very logical in my opinion.

Thus the Trinity is a foundation planted in the bible from the very begining to the very end and the one true God is always implied to be a Trinity starting in it's first book Genesis. Therefore the bible does not contradict itself with the message of one God and the Trinity of God.

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
Auzibillahi minashaytanirajeem, Bismillahirahmaniraheem.

The word Trinity itself is not in the bible but the word Trinity simply refers to what the bible speaks of as Father, son (Sometimes called the word), and the holy spirit. Three in one, one in three thus a Trinity.

Like has been said before. Water can be a solid, a liquid, or a gas. 3 different forms yet they are all still one thing, water. God takes 3 different forms, though of course his forms are more complex then water's forms, but all the forms are still one thing, God. This does not take away from the idea of One God.

I’m aware of this verse you quote,

“For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.”​
[1st Epistle of John Chapter 5: Verse 7]​

Firstly, I don’t know if you are aware, but this verse, along with a few others, was removed from the bible in the future versions, such as the Revised Standard Version, New American Version and I think the Millennium version too. In the preface of the revised standard version, revised by 32 Christian Scholars and backed by 50 Christian denominations, professed that this verse, again along with others, was not found in the most ancient manuscripts that dated 200-300 years after Jesus (PBUH) time. Whilst the KJV Version which had this verse was from manuscripts dated 500-600 years after Jesus (PBUH) time. So they removed this verse as it was a fabrication. The KJV is yet the most popular read bible even though the scholars have agreed that it carries many defects. For more information you can read the preface yourself here. Preface to the Revised Standard Version of the Bible (1971)
Regardless of this fact, this verse in no way professes the Trinitarian point of the three beings equal in Godship or divinity. It says one. One in what? If we agree, for the sake of argument, that it was not a fabrication, added by someone, and it was the word of God or Jesus, then what is this meaning of one? Let’s have a look at what Jesus says.
One of the most popular verses you will hear that is used as proof of Jesus (PBUH) saying this one refers to divinity is this, “I and My Father are one”. Let’s do the simplest thing and read the whole thing in its context in Gospel of John Chapter 10, for in the context you get the answer.

“And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch.
Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.
Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
I and my Father are one.”
[John Chapter 10: Verses 23-30]

Can we see it now? What this one means? It can’t mean divinity because he clearly also says in that context, that My Father is Greater than all. What does all mean in our language of English? It means aaaalll, including him. These verses are indicating that Jesus (P.B.U.H) and God are one in that no man can pluck the sheep out of either's hand. They are one in purpose. The followers of Jesus (P.B.U.H) cannot be led astray as long as they are following the teaching of Jesus (P.B.U.H) which are the teachings given to him by God. And those who are guided by God cannot be led astray. It does not at all state that Jesus (P.B.U.H) is God's equal in everything. In fact the verse reading “My Father, who gave them me is Greater than all," completely negates this claim, otherwise we are left with a contradiction. The teachings of Jesus (PBUH) came from God and they are one in this, the same as Moses (PBUH) people could not be plucked out of his hand and the work he did was in God’s name, he and God were one. The same with Noah, Abraham e.t.c. Their sheep heard them and followed them and were given eternal life, as they followed the teachings of God.

But again, for the sake of argument let’s say he meant in divinity and this one doesn’t mean purpose. But if we read on from Verse 30 it says:

“Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?”​
[John Chapter 10: Verses 31-36]

Again Jesus (P.B.U.H) says he has shown works from his Father, from Almighty God, they are not his own, again referring back to how God is Greater than all. The Jews claim he is blaspheming, but what does he say? He tells them that he is not blaspheming when he says he is the Son of God. He says is it not written in your law that you are gods? Here he is referring to Psalms 82:6 where it says:

“I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.”​
[Psalms Chapter 82: Verse 6]

Here he is trying to explain that do not take it as the literal meaning, that I am the Son of God, as you do not take the literal meaning of you Jews being gods and children of the most High. When it is said son of god, it is not indicating a trinity; it is clear reference to the biblical language of how god believing people, pious people, are the sons of God. How many prophets and men are referred to as the sons of god in the Bible? There is Adam [Luke Chapter 3: Verse 38], Israel as a firstborn, Ephraim as a first born [Jeremiah Chapter 31: Verse 9], even David is referred to as the begotten son of God [Psalms Chapter 2: Verse 7]. So if you take the term Son of God as a literal meaning, then clearly you don’t have a trinity as God has many Sons who would also be a part of Him. But this of course is not the case, it is absurd as the bible and Jesus (PBUH) on countless occasions say God is One.

For further proof that this One is referring to one in purpose is again made clear by Jesus (PBUH) himself.

"That the all may be made one. Like thou Father art in me, I in thee, that they may be one in us. I in them, they in me, that they may be perfect in one".​
[John Chapter 17: Verses 20-22]

In this verse, Jesus (P.B.U.H) is talking to his disciples. He is telling them that they are all one in the same. Just as the Lord is in him, so is he in each of them. If this verse is also taken as a literal meaning, same as for John 10:30, then it is claiming that a person must believe in 14 gods, as God is in Jesus and he is in his disciple’s. But of course that is not the case. Jesus (P.B.U.H) is clearly informing that he and his disciples are all one in purpose, just as he is ‘one in purpose’ with God, to bring the people into following the straight path. I’m sure I’ve emphasised this enough now...

The idea of God having 3 different forms is stated even in the book of Genesis where God says, "Let us make man in OUR image"

If water can take on 3 different forms and still be water then why can God not take on 3 different forms and still be God? Solid, Liquid, Gas, no matter what form it takes it is still one substances, water. Father, Son, Holy Spirit, no matter what form it takes it is still one being, God. To say that one substances such as water can be 3 different states but that God cannot be 3 different states is therefore saying that water is greater than God or that God is not almighty. For how can God be almighty if he cannot even do as the water does and have 3 different states but yet still be one? How can God be almight if he cannot even do what water can do? In other words the Trinity only further serves to glorify the power and majesty of God.

Besides God came into human form in order to become a perfect sacrifice which was the only way to pay for our debt owed to sin.

Why does God need to be three different states? His power is not comparable; He is not like anything we can imagine. The Qur’an makes it clear that there is nothing like unto Him. If there was something like Him or comparable to Him, then He ceases to be God. What you say if he can’t do what water can do then He can’t be God doesn’t mean there has to be a Trinity. Of course can do what He wills, but I ask why would God need to come down to this earth as a human and offer himself as a sacrifice for your sins? It is such an illogical absurd thing to utter. Please my brother listen to yourself. In Islam it makes it clear, God created us. For a surety God knows His creation. He knows exactly how this creation works and in no way needs to come down in a form of His own creation to teach them or show them anything let alone offer himself and be killed. He chooses man amongst men to guide their sheep to Him. He provides with the chosen ones instructions for His creation to follow which benefits them and the society. If it does not benefit this world and His creation and prove to us His existence and the fact He created us and knows His creation, then that instruction manual is useless. You understand what I’m saying?
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
If I remember my research of islamic beliefs, Muslims do not even believe in original sin. If that is so then how is it that humans die? For if there was no original sin then humans would have perfect bodies and thus would not die. For the wages of sin is death. To say we have no original sin and yet it is obvious people die, such a belief makes little sense.

No disrespect brother but this notion of original sin is a problem in Christianity as I will highlight. In Islam it is clear. No man inherits the sin of another. To each is his own deed, be it good or be it bad, and it is for his own deeds he shall be judged upon. Is that not the most logical thing? The notion of Original sin in Christianity is that we have inherited the sin of Adam and Eve. They ate from the fruit disobeying God’s orders and now we inherit that sin and under the curse. Right? There is a verse in the Bible that completely negates this and highlights to you the truth and the most logical explanation of how sin works, just as I pointed out briefly the Islamic viewpoint.

“The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.​
But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.​
All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.”​
[Ezekial: Chapter 18 Verse 20:22]​

This my brother is what Islam teaches. You are accountable for your actions as well as intentions. Repentness of your sins is what will save you and abstaining from them, the same as the verse 21 says “But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.” Not that he needs to believe in God dying for his sins and then his saved. No, it says that repenting from sins saves you. This is the same in Islam. I’ll answer this in the next question below but what I’m trying to show here is that the original sin concept is clearly not evident in this. Clearly it says the son does not bear the iniquity of the father, so we do not bear the sin and mistake our father Adam (PBUH) did. Besides, God forgave him for that and will not hold it against him. So why would He hold it against us when we didn’t do it nor influenced him to do it? It says we shall bear our own deeds and be judged upon that.

Due to this, Muslims must not believe in any repentance for sin. So if this is the case then God must accept our sin, and therefore excepts sin. This would make God imperfect as he would be defying his own laws. If this is the case then all people must go to heaven and therefore the whole point of being a muslim or any other member of a religion crumbles, as there would be no point in living a certain way then.

Muslims don’t believe in any repentance? My brother, on the contrary, Allah teaches in the Qur’an, as well as the Prophet (PBUH) from Sahih Hadiith, many ways to repent and Muslims repent many times in a days. One form is that of Salah, the Muslims prayer. Praying to Allah minimum five times a day is a form of repentance as during the Salah, the Muslims ask for forgiveness. There are many more I can tell you about. The word Muslims means to submit to God, to obey God, following His laws, and worshipping none but He who is the only one worthy of that worship, repeat He who is the only one worthy of worship. Only this makes a person Muslim, not being from a certain background, or race, or having an Arabic name or whatever. Therefore sinning and disobeying God continuously and knowingly defies the meaning of Muslim. But that doesn’t mean to say if you sin you’re not a Muslim, we are not perfect and are prone to committing these, its the way God made us, and this is why he accepts repentance and forgives.

In the ends this leaves muslims to find themselves with a case that has no answer and no solution. As they have no answer to sin. Therefore because of the above, the Quran cannot possibly be the true word of God.

The answer to sin is evident my brother in the Qur’an and in the example of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). The Muslims very way of life is the answer. Every teaching and method and action he is told to perform is the very solution to him having peace in himself as well peace in the society and world. Just observe the five pillars of Islam. If that does not instil peace, love, justice, morality, equality to this world then Islam is not a religion of God. These five pillars themselves prove to us that this way of life has to be from God as its very essence, teaching and implementation does nothing but benefit the person and the world. I would go into more detail about each of the five pillars but it would be an immensley long post as this is a huge topic in itself. I might actually post it as a thread if you want to learn more about this brother.

The bible however offers an answer, by a perfect being which was God in human form Jesus Christ sacrificing himself for our sins, this pays for our sins. Belief in him and acceptance of his sacrifices thus leads to being free of sin and thus enternal life in the next world. Such an explanation is simple and easy to understand and very logical in my opinion.

Thus the Trinity is a foundation planted in the bible from the very begining to the very end and the one true God is always implied to be a Trinity starting in it's first book Genesis. Therefore the bible does not contradict itself with the message of one God and the Trinity of God.

Brother, the bible does indeed offer some answers (not complete) but it is not what you are highlightin, as again I keep saying, this is not what Jesus (PBUH) said, and are not his words far greater than that of John? Mark? Matthew? Luke? Paul? and every other writer and unknown writer of the Bible? You know of the red letter bible I'm sure , these teachings you are hihglighting were not Jesus (PBUH)’s words. This is the Paulean view, it was St Paul who said to believe Jesus died for your sins and he who shall believe in that is saved, it was St Paul who said that the commandments are to be nailed to the cross as in they need not be upheld anymore. But Jesus (PBUH) said the complete opposite. He said to keep the commandments and follow the most important one, that being that our lord God is one Lord!

It is not logical my brother to believe God created us, allowed us to inherit this original sin, then allow us to live in this sin until we believe that He himself came down and was sacrificed to remove this sin to which he allowed for us to inherit in the first place! Please my brother, contemplate and use your intelligence.

Forgive me if hurt anyones feelings, or offended anyone. That is not my intention and I apologise. It is jst to make these points clear and make us all understand better, including myself, to what is the true message. May Allah guide us all InshaAllah.

Last edited:

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Also on the point of the Trinity: see Occam's Razor

Not to mention life and animals existed before man which is both a Quranic and scientific fact, and they died. Not because they sinned, cells and plants and animals do not sin, but because death is the necessity of any biological organism.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Why does God need to be three different states? His power is not comparable; He is not like anything we can imagine. The Qur’an makes it clear that there is nothing like unto Him. If there was something like Him or comparable to Him, then He ceases to be God. What you say if he can’t do what water can do then He can’t be God doesn’t mean there has to be a Trinity. Of course can do what He wills, but I ask why would God need to come down to this earth as a human and offer himself as a sacrifice for your sins? It is such an illogical absurd thing to utter. Please my brother listen to yourself. In Islam it makes it clear, God created us. For a surety God knows His creation. He knows exactly how this creation works and in no way needs to come down in a form of His own creation to teach them or show them anything let alone offer himself and be killed. He chooses man amongst men to guide their sheep to Him. He provides with the chosen ones instructions for His creation to follow which benefits them and the society. If it does not benefit this world and His creation and prove to us His existence and the fact He created us and knows His creation, then that instruction manual is useless. You understand what I’m saying?

God didn't let Eve fall into temptation. If was Eve that let herself fall into temptation, and then Adam too who let himself fall. We have free will (there was a thread about free will a while ago), and so did they. Eve could have said no to the Serpent, but she didn't. Adam could have said no to Eve, and yet, he didn't.

And when God sent his Son, he didn't need to. It's because he wanted to. In Heaven, there are three things that exist there that also exist here, on Earth. Faith. Hope. Love. Those are the only things God can see as good, and those are the only things that are good, and that is what God is, Good. Faith, Hope, and Love is all that God knows how, even though he knows off all the others. But the greatest of those things is Love. God, out of Love, sent his Son to Earth to die.

John Chapter 3:16
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16)

★;5518499 said:
Not to mention life and animals existed before man which is both a Quranic and scientific fact, and they died. Not because they sinned, cells and plants and animals do not sin, but because death is the necessity of any biological organism.

Genesis, Chapter 1

19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.
23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

The Bible too says that Animals/Beasts of the Earth were created before man.
It's hard to put any actual reason Biblically that Animals die, so I think the most logical reason would be so the biosystem doesn't go out of control, just as you said.

Last edited:

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
★;5518526 said:
are you saying god comitted suicide and wanted to?

even though there was no need?

No, he didn't want to commit suicide, he wanted to save us, because he love us so. Jesus was the redeemer, not a suicidal.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
★;5518553 said:
So he knew he was going to die but didn't stop it. Suicide.

Although I'm not agreeing with what was being said, suicide is intentionally killing ones self. Sacrifice is different. That's like saying victims of any murder knowing the criminal was going to murder them before hand or those in concentration camps who knew they would be killed there, committed suicide. Or even if you don't want to go to that extent, protecting a loved one by taking the bullet instead of the other. Sacrifice, not suicide.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I didn't say it was a positive thing, but is not sacrifice a suicide with good intentions?

However, concentration camp victims had no choice in the hand of their murder conducted by a tyrant and I find it shameful to say "they were sacrificing or committing suicide."

But the fact of the matter is, there was no need to kill yourself especially if you claim to be omnibenevolent, omnipresent, all-powerful and so on. Throughout the biblical history, there have been sinners and prophets and believers. There is nothing wrong with that formula because it allowed freedom of choice. So why, if you love them, do that when there is no need nor any logical reason?

I don't want to be ignorant and offensive, but what is the purpose of this whole crucifixion thing when God is so great He can forgive people just like that?

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
★;5518570 said:
I didn't say it was a positive thing, but is not sacrifice a suicide with good intentions?

However, concentration camp victims had no choice in the hand of their murder conducted by a tyrant and I find it shameful to say "they were sacrificing or committing suicide."

But the fact of the matter is, there was no need to kill yourself especially if you claim to be omnibenevolent, omnipresent, all-powerful and so on. Throughout the biblical history, there have been sinners and prophets and believers. There is nothing wrong with that formula because it allowed freedom of choice. So why, if you love them, do that when there is no need nor any logical reason?

I don't want to be ignorant and offensive, but what is the purpose of this whole crucifixion thing when God is so great He can forgive people just like that?

Well, like I said, I didn't exactly agree with the statement as I do not believe Jesus is God. But anyway, it has to do with God's perfect sense of justice. You may or may not agree with it. So be it. I can post a few links explaining briefly the need for the sacrifice. I can't do too much explaining because I'm in the middle of some work (slacking but I need to get back to it). But from the beginning of the Bible there have been a couple of themes, the issue of God's Universal sovereignty, and God's Kingdom. These all intertwine as God promised from Genesis that the "seed" or His son Jesus, would be "bruised in the heel" or as the prophecies later on reveal, put to death for a temporary time as a redeemer for what we lost. Perfect life lost -> Perfect life regained.

Here are a few links that go more into it. Maybe if I get a chance, I can explain more later:

The Ransom—God’s Greatest Gift

Jesus Saves--How?

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Throughout Biblical History, purification was done through blood, was it not? The Jewish killed animals, and through it's death, they were cleansed.
The sacrifice of Jesus was just as such, but instead of an animal's death cleansing one man, it was a God's death, cleansing us for so long as we believe we are through it.

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
God didn't let Eve fall into temptation. If was Eve that let herself fall into temptation, and then Adam too who let himself fall. We have free will (there was a thread about free will a while ago), and so did they. Eve could have said no to the Serpent, but she didn't. Adam could have said no to Eve, and yet, he didn't.

And when God sent his Son, he didn't need to. It's because he wanted to. In Heaven, there are three things that exist there that also exist here, on Earth. Faith. Hope. Love. Those are the only things God can see as good, and those are the only things that are good, and that is what God is, Good. Faith, Hope, and Love is all that God knows how, even though he knows off all the others. But the greatest of those things is Love. God, out of Love, sent his Son to Earth to die.

John Chapter 3:16
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16)
I know about the free will thread brother, if you check you will see I gave a very detailed explanation about the concept of free will. What they did happened in the knowledge of Allah and with His permission. This is the Islamic belief, Allah allowed it to happen as I already stated. Why it happens is in the divine wisdom of Allah, everything happens for a purpose there is a significance.
They indeed didn’t say no but fell into the temptation, just as we all do. Their example is to teach us about repenting. As in the Islamic explanation of the story they were both forgiven for this act and will not be judged about it. So I ask again why would their sons and daughters be held responsible for something they did and that which they were forgiven for? And as I’ve already pointed out, the chapter in Ezekiel in the Bible makes it clear cut that you won’t be held responsible. Turning away from the wicked and repenting is what saves you. Brother I’m providing you with evidence of all this from your own Bible.

Secondly, Love is indeed the greatest thing and the greatest form of love is mercy. God is forgiving and the most merciful. This is emphasised a lot in the Qur’an. And this is why God accepts repentance and forgives. Why you have to believe you are born with sin and for it to be cleansed you have to believe he himself died, is very absurd. Listen to what God and Jesus have said about how to attain salvation. If I had the time I would quote the verses (I already have made this clear in other threads here tbh)

Thirdly, the chapter of John 3:16 you quoted is another of those verses I highlighted in my post that was removed in the RSV Bible and other bibles as a fabrication. It didn’t exist in the oldest scriptures, they were added. Nevertheless, let’s say it wasn’t an addition, then we have a contradiction as I’ve already mentioned that the Bible says there was another begotten son, David.

"....Jehovah had said onto me (David), thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee."​
[Psalms Chapter 2: Verse 7]​

Also you are saying God wanted to, meaning all of this is willingly. So God wanted his son (or himself) to be sacrificed on the cross so that mankind could be saved. If this is the case then why in the Garden of Gethsemane did this happen?

“And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be sorrowful and very heavy.
Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.
And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.”
[Matthew 26: 37-39]

“And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.”
[Luke 22: 44]

Jesus (PBUH) prayed to God, (a being greater than Him, not his equal as then he would not need to pray to him in this manner,) to let this cup pass from him. To not let this incident of him being caught by the Jews (and ROmans) and undergo crucifixtion. This is not a willing gesture, he didn’t want it to happen! In Islam we believe God answered his prayer and he was not crucified, but in Christendom its believed he was. Furthermore if he was willingly sacrificed then why on the cross did he say:

And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?”​
[Gospel of Matthew Chapter 27: Verse 46]

Clearly it wasn’t. My brother, what I’m trying to emphasise here is understand what Jesus (PBUH) said and follow his words. The bible as the scholars have said has had interpolations, fabrications. The only book that will give you the clear words of Jesus (PBUH) is the Qur’an.

That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah.;- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-​
Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise;-​
And there is none of the People of the Book but must believe in him before his death; and on the Day of Judgment he will be a witness against them;-“​
[Chapter 4 An-Nisa (The Women): Verses 157-159]​

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I know about the free will thread brother, if you check you will see I gave a very detailed explanation about the concept of free will. What they did happened in the knowledge of Allah and with His permission. This is the Islamic belief, Allah allowed it to happen as I already stated. Why it happens is in the divine wisdom of Allah, everything happens for a purpose there is a significance.
They indeed didn’t say no but fell into the temptation, just as we all do. Their example is to teach us about repenting. As in the Islamic explanation of the story they were both forgiven for this act and will not be judged about it. So I ask again why would their sons and daughters be held responsible for something they did and that which they were forgiven for? And as I’ve already pointed out, the chapter in Ezekiel in the Bible makes it clear cut that you won’t be held responsible. Turning away from the wicked and repenting is what saves you. Brother I’m providing you with evidence of all this from your own Bible.

Secondly, Love is indeed the greatest thing and the greatest form of love is mercy. God is forgiving and the most merciful. This is emphasised a lot in the Qur’an. And this is why God accepts repentance and forgives. Why you have to believe you are born with sin and for it to be cleansed you have to believe he himself died, is very absurd. Listen to what God and Jesus have said about how to attain salvation. If I had the time I would quote the verses (I already have made this clear in other threads here tbh)

Thirdly, the chapter of John 3:16 you quoted is another of those verses I highlighted in my post that was removed in the RSV Bible and other bibles as a fabrication. It didn’t exist in the oldest scriptures, they were added. Nevertheless, let’s say it wasn’t an addition, then we have a contradiction as I’ve already mentioned that the Bible says there was another begotten son, David.

"....Jehovah had said onto me (David), thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee."​

[Psalms Chapter 2: Verse 7]​

Also you are saying God wanted to, meaning all of this is willingly. So God wanted his son (or himself) to be sacrificed on the cross so that mankind could be saved. If this is the case then why in the Garden of Gethsemane did this happen?

“And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be sorrowful and very heavy.
Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.
And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.”
[Matthew 26: 37-39]​

“And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.”
[Luke 22: 44]​

Jesus (PBUH) prayed to God, (a being greater than Him, not his equal as then he would not need to pray to him in this manner,) to let this cup pass from him. To not let this incident of him being caught by the Jews (and ROmans) and undergo crucifixtion. This is not a willing gesture, he didn’t want it to happen! In Islam we believe God answered his prayer and he was not crucified, but in Christendom its believed he was. Furthermore if he was willingly sacrificed then why on the cross did he say:

And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?”​

[Gospel of Matthew Chapter 27: Verse 46]

Clearly it wasn’t. My brother, what I’m trying to emphasise here is understand what Jesus (PBUH) said and follow his words. The bible as the scholars have said has had interpolations, fabrications. The only book that will give you the clear words of Jesus (PBUH) is the Qur’an.

That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah.;- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-​

Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise;-​

And there is none of the People of the Book but must believe in him before his death; and on the Day of Judgment he will be a witness against them;-“​

[Chapter 4 An-Nisa (The Women): Verses 157-159]​

Let me try to explain this better.

Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are all God okay. But unlike water which can be 3 different forms, there is more complexity with the Trinity of God. God is living thing obviously so each of his 3 parts do have a will and conciousness of course. The understanding of this relationship can be explained but it is also difficult for human understaning to comprehand at the same time. I don't understand it completely and I doubt anyone can because the full nature of God is beyond understanding. But I have heard some interesting theories. The father loved the son and this love manifested as the holy spirit, the love of God. This is just one theory but yeah. Basically though, the Trinity but unity of one God is something that can be understand, but the nature and full relationship between each member is something no mere creation can understand. This where faith comes in, and trust me my friend, once you have felt the love of Jesus you are never the same. When I became a christian I could feel something inside me, another being. I could almost hear a voice that would tell me things from God like "Speak to this person" or "Tell this person this" and when I would do wrong this same spirit would cause me to feel such remorse that its almost overwhelming. This personal relationship is something you can only experience through faith in Jesus. Once you feel it, you're never the same, and you know without a doubt the truth, that's why I know the bible speaks the truth and the salvation of Jesus Christ is so real.

Now to explain why Jesus was praying to the father is because the Son had come into human form and therefore allowed himself to have human weakness and to feel human pain. But he still had incredible powers due to being God which is how he performed his miracles. He understanding and wisdom allowed him to deny the tempter Satan. Jesus lived a perfect life as a human and therefore was the perfect sacrifice for our sins. 3 days later he rose from the grave and defeated hell, death, and the grave and salvation through him became possible.

Jesus was praying to the father to let this pain past from him but notice at the end of the prayer he said let your will be done. If the Father and Son are both God then Jesus' will was also to go through with this and in the end he did. He could have called 10,000 angels to set him free and if he had then today we would all be doomed to hell. But Jesus stayed on the cross and died to save us, then rose again in 3 days.

Jesus never had to do this for us. God never had to come into human form. But he WANTED to come in human form. He wanted a personal relationship with his creations, not just as their creator but as their friend and their brother, and father, and comforter. He wanted to save us all from sin.

No this brings us to another point. God never sends anyone to hell. People send themselves to hell. By Choosing sin instead of Christ and God, a person therefore refuses God and chooses hell. Thus they choose to go to hell. They are given choices, if God had not given man free will then God would be a tyrant forcing people to love him and this would not be true love.

To explain better, I have a muslim girlfriend. My heart aches at the thought of her going to hell. I try to convert her to christianity, I do all I know to do. But I can never force her. If I forced her then it wouldn't be true salvation and it wouldn't be true love. However I have not left her simply because she is of another faith, I continue to love her and stay with her and continue to witness to her the truth of lord Jesus. This personal experience I believe gives me some understanding of God's deep love and his deep sorrow at seeing many of his creations turn away from him. I pray my girlfriend will convert and follow Jesus and I will keep trying from now until I breath my last breath to convert her.

Next I'll say this. You say that people turning away from their sins and following the Quran is what gives people redemption. To say such a thing is to suggest that people can save themselves. That is simply not so. Humans are imperfect creations and as such we are not worthy of salvation or eternal life. Only through the grace of God and his choosing to die on a cross for us are we saved. Nothing people do can save them, because none is good except God. Works alone will not save a man.

Look i'm not going to sit here and claim I know everything. No one does. No one ever will even in heaven. But once you have experienced what I have, the working of Christ in the lives of Christians and those who are lost sinners who seek him. One of my older sisters who died was a christian. A few years before she died she nearly died and she described to me something amazing. In this event she was in a dark tunnel and could see Jesus welcoming her on the other side where a bright light shone. That was just one of the many proofs I needed to hear to know my bible is true and my lord Jesus is God and the Son of God.

Once you experience what I have, there is no doubt in my mind the truth.

1+1=FISHXD

but the holy spirit was only manifested after the baptism of Jesus in the jordan river. i do no believe that god the son and the holy spirit came to exist when god the father proceeded to make the world and to make man
no it was said in the bible that the holy spirit will shine upon the chosen one(jesus)when he is baptized which is what did happened
and to the post there all basically the same person there all from that one man god xD(well thats what my christian church says but then again i havent been to church in almost 4 months now..............)xD

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
Let me try to explain this better.

Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are all God okay. But unlike water which can be 3 different forms, there is more complexity with the Trinity of God. God is living thing obviously so each of his 3 parts do have a will and conciousness of course. The understanding of this relationship can be explained but it is also difficult for human understaning to comprehand at the same time. I don't understand it completely and I doubt anyone can because the full nature of God is beyond understanding. But I have heard some interesting theories. The father loved the son and this love manifested as the holy spirit, the love of God. This is just one theory but yeah. Basically though, the Trinity but unity of one God is something that can be understand, but the nature and full relationship between each member is something no mere creation can understand. This where faith comes in, and trust me my friend, once you have felt the love of Jesus you are never the same. When I became a christian I could feel something inside me, another being. I could almost hear a voice that would tell me things from God like "Speak to this person" or "Tell this person this" and when I would do wrong this same spirit would cause me to feel such remorse that its almost overwhelming. This personal relationship is something you can only experience through faith in Jesus. Once you feel it, you're never the same, and you know without a doubt the truth, that's why I know the bible speaks the truth and the salvation of Jesus Christ is so real.

My brother, honestly I mean no disrespect when I say this, but where is your proof of this? The Bible does not highlight the Trinity at all. Plus, you can explain however perfectly you wish but the truth is your explanation on this will differ from another’s because there is no evidence for it. It’s not that I won’t believe it but it is simply because it is an illogical notion this Trinitarian belief, is not expressed in the Bible by Jesus (PBUH). I’ve already pointed that out and have given the evidence from the Bible and the information received by Christian Scholars themselves. To me Jesus (PBUH) is far greater than the writers of the Bible and it is his words we should all look for and follow. But this is so difficult from a book that has already been identified by the same scholars of the faith to have defects and errors. Nevertheless, they can be found and you will they teach nothing but to believe and follow the will of the One Almighty God.

As you yourself have just said, there are different interesting theories, not fact, as Jesus (PBUH) never uttered them, nor God. If that were the case then everyone would have understood and believed it. But it is not and as you can see there are thousands of Christians who do not believe in the Trinity. Doesn’t that strike you as odd? I know people have different views and opinions, but something as big as this has to have a universal agreement and understanding. But it will not, simply because it is a manmade theory that goes against the teaching of Jesus (PBUH) as I have pointed out from what he has taught in the Bible.

I agree with you that faith comes in, and faith is important, but blind faith without rational explanation, logical sense and proof, cannot be what a religion of God can be like. It needs to make sense to its followers and be understanding, furthermore it should prove practically, physically, mentally, and spiritually on both a personal and worldly level that it is the way of life prescribed by God. There is only way of life that does this, the way of life prescribed by God Himself.

“This day have those who reject faith given up all hope of your religion: yet fear them not but fear Me. This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.”​
[Chapter 5 Al-Ma’ida (The Table, The Table Spread): Verse 3]

“It is He Who has sent His Messenger with Guidance and the Religion of Truth, to proclaim it over all religion: and enough is Allah for a Witness.”​
[Chapter 48 Al Fath (Victory): Verse 28]​

I’m not going to question the way you feel, and you are right of course my brother, you cannot explain it. But I have felt the same too by practically implementing daily the way of life of submitting myself to God. The Bible does speak truth and by reading you have to find the truth. As Jesus (PBUH) seeketh the truth and the truth shall free you. How is one to seek the truth? By studying and gaining knowledge and using the intelligence that God Almighty has blessed us with. Not by blind belief.

“It is He Who hath sent His Messenger with guidance and the Religion of Truth, to proclaim it over all religion, even though the Unbelievers may detest (it).”​
[Chapter 9 At Tawbah (Repentance): Verse 33)​

Now to explain why Jesus was praying to the father is because the Son had come into human form and therefore allowed himself to have human weakness and to feel human pain. But he still had incredible powers due to being God which is how he performed his miracles. He understanding and wisdom allowed him to deny the tempter Satan. Jesus lived a perfect life as a human and therefore was the perfect sacrifice for our sins. 3 days later he rose from the grave and defeated hell, death, and the grave and salvation through him became possible.

Jesus was praying to the father to let this pain past from him but notice at the end of the prayer he said let your will be done. If the Father and Son are both God then Jesus' will was also to go through with this and in the end he did. He could have called 10,000 angels to set him free and if he had then today we would all be doomed to hell. But Jesus stayed on the cross and died to save us, then rose again in 3 days.

Jesus never had to do this for us. God never had to come into human form. But he WANTED to come in human form. He wanted a personal relationship with his creations, not just as their creator but as their friend and their brother, and father, and comforter. He wanted to save us all from sin.

If you just read what you write my brother, you’re saying that God came down in human form to feel human weakness and pain. The moment God comes to become Human then he can no longer be God, the two are poles are apart. There is nothing like Him.

[FONT=&quot]“[/FONT]Say: He is Allah, the One and Only! Allah, the Eternal, Absolute; He begetteth not nor is He begotten. And there is none like unto Him.”​
[[FONT=&quot]Chapter 112 [/FONT]Surah Ikhlas[FONT=&quot] (The Sincerity): Verses 1-4]

[/FONT]​
So to say he does so makes him not God. Besides, God already knows the humans weakness and pain because He created us! This is something that really amazes me how people can say or imply that God does not know His creation and needs to come down in the form of His creation.

He created Satan, so why would he need to fight against Him? If He so wished he could destroy Satan. In Islam Iblis (Satan) believes in God and fears Him and He knows he can never outdo God let alone try and tempt God Himsefl! It was his pride that was his downfall as he disobeyed and continues to disobey God. Satan still exists as this life is the test for the Human. He is our biggest enemy and fighting against him and his temptations, and following the message of God and his teachings taught to us by His chosen Messengers, the living examples, is what helps us to succeed for the next life.

“Behold! thy Lord said to the angels: "I am about to create man, from sounding clay from mud moulded into shape;​
"When I have fashioned him (in due proportion) and breathed into him of My spirit, fall ye down in obeisance unto him."​
So the angels prostrated themselves, all of them together:​
Not so Iblis: he refused to be among those who prostrated themselves.​
(Allah) said: "O Iblis! what is your reason for not being among those who prostrated themselves?"​
(Iblis) said: "I am not one to prostrate myself to man, whom Thou didst create from sounding clay, from mud moulded into shape."​
((Allah)) said: "Then get thee out from here; for thou art rejected, accursed.​
"And the curse shall be on thee till the day of Judgment."​
(Iblis) said: "O my Lord! give me then respite till the Day the (dead) are raised."​
((Allah)) said: "Respite is granted thee​
"Till the Day of the Time appointed."​
(Iblis) said: "O my Lord! because Thou hast put me in the wrong, I will make (wrong) fair-seeming to them on the earth, and I will put them all in the wrong,-​
"Except Thy servants among them, sincere and purified (by Thy Grace)."​
((Allah)) said: "This (way of My sincere servants) is indeed a way that leads straight to Me.​
"For over My servants no authority shalt thou have, except such as put themselves in the wrong and follow thee."​
And verily, Hell is the promised abode for them all!​
To it are seven gates: for each of those gates is a (special) class (of sinners) assigned.​
The righteous (will be) amid gardens and fountains (of clear-flowing water).​
(Their greeting will be): "Enter ye here in peace and security."​
And We shall remove from their hearts any lurking sense of injury: (they will be) brothers (joyfully) facing each other on thrones (of dignity).​
There no sense of fatigue shall touch them, nor shall they (ever) be asked to leave.​
Tell My servants that I am indeed the Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful;​
And that My Penalty will be indeed the most grievous Penalty.​
[Chapter 15 Al Hijf (The Rocky Track): Verse 28:50]​

God did not need or want to come down or offer himself as a sacrifice. Think about it, this is God we are talking about! I express again, He knows His creation better than ourselves, better than whatever inventions we create. This is the Almighty. Of course we can have a personal relationship with Him, and of course he wants to save us from sin. This is why He sent guidance from the beginning of time to every nation of the world with a Messenger guiding them to God and having them implement a system in their lives to have that relationship with God.

“For We assuredly sent amongst every People an apostle, (with the Command), "Serve Allah, and eschew (avoid) Evil"​
{Chapter 16 An-Nahl (The Bee): Verse 36]

“We send the apostles only to give good news and to warn: so those who believe and mend (their lives),- upon them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.”​
[Chapter 6 Al-An‘am (Cattle, Livestock): Verse 48]​

We would not be doomed to hell at all as God has given you the answers to salvation, not that He created you and you inherit the original sin (which I’ve already proved is false from the Bible) and that you believe that God Himself dies by the hands of His creation to remove this sin that which he already forgave Adam and Eve for and allowed you to inherit. Does it really make sense?

No this brings us to another point. God never sends anyone to hell. People send themselves to hell. By Choosing sin instead of Christ and God, a person therefore refuses God and chooses hell. Thus they choose to go to hell. They are given choices, if God had not given man free will then God would be a tyrant forcing people to love him and this would not be true love.

To explain better, I have a muslim girlfriend. My heart aches at the thought of her going to hell. I try to convert her to christianity, I do all I know to do. But I can never force her. If I forced her then it wouldn't be true salvation and it wouldn't be true love. However I have not left her simply because she is of another faith, I continue to love her and stay with her and continue to witness to her the truth of lord Jesus. This personal experience I believe gives me some understanding of God's deep love and his deep sorrow at seeing many of his creations turn away from him. I pray my girlfriend will convert and follow Jesus and I will keep trying from now until I breath my last breath to convert her.

I agree with you, of course it’s the person who chooses the path. They write their destiny. I just pray brother that you look into this a lot more and use your understanding. You are an intelligent guy, and you have devotion and love for God, MahaAllah, but you need to really do more dwelling. You haven’t refuted the verses I quoted earlier and to be honest they cannot be because they do contradict some core beliefs of Christendom. Trinity was not taught by Jesus, the original sin was not taught by Jesus, him dying on the cross for your sins and saving you by this was not taught by Jesus (PBUH). The Qur’an gives the clear message of what the great man Jesus (PBUH), that we worship none but the One Lord:

And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of Allah?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! Never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, Thou I know not what is in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden.​
Never said I to them aught except what Thou didst command me to say, to wit, 'worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord'; and I was a witness over them whilst I dwelt amongst them; when Thou didst take me up Thou wast the Watcher over them, and Thou art a witness to all things.”​
[Chapter 5 Al-Mai’da (The Table Spread): Verses 116-117]​

Next I'll say this. You say that people turning away from their sins and following the Quran is what gives people redemption. To say such a thing is to suggest that people can save themselves. That is simply not so. Humans are imperfect creations and as such we are not worthy of salvation or eternal life. Only through the grace of God and his choosing to die on a cross for us are we saved. Nothing people do can save them, because none is good except God. Works alone will not save a man.

I’m sure I said that “But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.” A quotation from Ezekiel Chapter 18 verse 20. The bible says that this is how you can be saved; by turning away from the sins you commit and follow that which is lawful and right. But yes, this is the same in Islam, the Qur’an teaches the same and I do believe by following the Qur’an one can gain redemption. But this is by following what it teaches and understanding the importance. You say we are imperfect because of the original sin, but I’ve already pointed out that the original sin is not true according the bible from those verses in Ezekiel. By following the will of God and submitting to Him you are saved, this is exactly what Jesus (PBUH) taught. He himself said that he submitted his will to God.

"I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me."​
[Jesus - The Bible - The New Testament - Gospel of John Chapter 5 Verse 30]​

Anyone who says that they seek not their will, but the will of God is a Muslim! This is the definition of Muslim, obtaining peace by submitting yourself to God. This one verse is sufficient to prove that Jesus (PBUH) was a Muslim. As you already aware, he never professed any way of life to follow by name, i.e. Christianity. He obviously could not have done so as this word didn’t even exist in his time. He never heard the word Christ in his life. I mean neither offence nor intend to hurt anyone’s feelings, but he also had never heard the word Jesus in his life! This wasn’t his name but yet the Lord is referred to as Lord Jesus. What he taught to follow was Islam, the word Islam may not have been made evident, but the teachings of it was exactly this. Islam means to obtain through submission to God and you cannot deny that this is what he taught.

Look i'm not going to sit here and claim I know everything. No one does. No one ever will even in heaven. But once you have experienced what I have, the working of Christ in the lives of Christians and those who are lost sinners who seek him. One of my older sisters who died was a christian. A few years before she died she nearly died and she described to me something amazing. In this event she was in a dark tunnel and could see Jesus welcoming her on the other side where a bright light shone. That was just one of the many proofs I needed to hear to know my bible is true and my lord Jesus is God and the Son of God.

Once you experience what I have, there is no doubt in my mind the truth.

For sure my brother, we cannot know everything. But God expects us to use our intelligence which he has bestowed upon us to seek Him and find the Truth. And of course we cannot explain our feelings and through this it is very difficult to make people understand or come to the Truth. But evidences and proof of the example, teachings and the very implementation in every aspect of one’s life can bring people to the way of life established by Allah, the One Lord.

Again, I do apologise if anyone gets offended by what I wrote. Please forgive for this is not my intention. I write respectfully and humbly just to teach a few things you might not have bee aware of before, and to learn more for myself. May Allah guide us all InshaAllah.

Last edited:

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

That is when Jesus took upon our Sins (throughout time, everyone before and after that time) and let them die with him. That is why Jesus calls out, "Why have you forsaken me?" because that is what God did, he turned away because he cannot be with sin.

I agree with you that faith comes in, and faith is important, but blind faith without rational explanation, logical sense and proof, cannot be what a religion of God can be like. It needs to make sense to its followers and be understanding, furthermore it should prove practically, physically, mentally, and spiritually on both a personal and worldly level that it is the way of life prescribed by God. There is only way of life that does this, the way of life prescribed by God Himself.

What is it to know something to exist compared to have faith?
There are two definitions of believe.
The first is to believe something exists. Just as I believe that the chair I sit on is real, and the oxygen I breath fuels my body.
And the second definition is to believe that it will, as a Mother says to her child "I believe in you." She doesn't say she believes he exists, but she believes in him, that he will go somewhere in life, and wont let her down. This is how we believe in God, and this is how we must believe in God, because it means nothing to believe it exists. But how can we have this belief if we don't have faith? And how can we have this belief if we know and understand perfectly?​

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
I don't want to go off topic but I will just answer the questions you posed (I know they are rhetorical you can say but it is my duty to help people understand Islam better. InshaAllah)

In Islam, the belief is both what you have said. A great quote I read in this book was 'Faith is belief in things which you do not see with your naked eyes, but what you understand using your intellect.' We shouldn't beleive blindly. He has proven His existance, one way is the evidence and miraculous thing that is the Qura'an. This book is one great evidence of His existance. But there are many many others. And I agree completly, just knowing He is there of course is not enough. In Islam we show that we believe in Him by implementing this belief daily in our lives. In every aspect. There isn't anything that hasn't been expressed or touched upon in Islam from the Qur'an and Sunnah (teachings of the Prophet Muhammad [PBUH]) to show his love and belief, devotion and worship to the One who is worthy of that worship. Islam is refered to as the deen ul haq, the true way of life prescribed by God, it is a way of life and not just a set of beliefs to follow and uphold. The Muslim wants to stengthen his faith and gain the benefits in both this life and importantly the hereafter.

I already gave the example of the 5 pillars, the first being faith! Faith is very imporatnt. This is the declartiaon and utterenace in the heart that you believe in the One True God. This first pillar has 6 other pillars of its own known as the articles of faith which again emphasise the importance of faith. So yes believing in Allah is agreed and implemented in Islam. The four remaning pillars support this faith through implementation. Salah, praying fives tiems a day, a direct communication to God, humbling ourselves before Him and programming ourselves to submit and follow what He has prescribed. Salah teaches so much, you can write books about its importance on a worldly level let alone a spiritual individual level. Third being Sawm, fasting in the month of Ramadan abstaining from all forms of evil and not just refraining from eating and drinking from sunrise till sunset. This act of self restraint and conrol teaches so much to us Humans, again you can write books and books about this. Fourth is Zakah, the giving of 2.5% of a persons yearly savings to charity, those who are in need of it. This is a form of removing greed and lsut and instilling mercy and compassion as well as eradicating poverty. The last being Hajj, to perform pilgrimage. This has so many menaings and teaches so much, the equality of man, how no man is greater than another, we are all equal in the sight of our Lord. As I said, you can write books on these topics. But what I'm trying to emphasise here is Faith is important in islam but what is great about this way of life is it both pracitally and spiritually instils it in you.

Last edited:

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Well, I have a little bit of time now, so since I know my other posts were ignored largely by most, I will explain a bit on my stance as to the Trinity doctrine.

First and foremost, the word Trinity appears nowhere in the Bible. The doctrine, like many other doctrines in Christendom, came into existence later on and were not present in the early/original stages of Christianity and most definitely were not part of Judaism which nobody can deny - Christianity's beliefs are largely a derivative of.

As I mentioned before I believe that God, Jehovah and Jesus are two different individuals. Separate and distinct. Logically if you believe that God and Jesus are the same, then they have always existed together, correct? Then that would contradict the Bible which says:

Colossians 1: 13, 14 - He delivered us from the authority of the darkness and transferred us into the kingdom of the Son of his love, by means of whom we have our release by ransom, the forgiveness of our sins. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation;

This first point here shows that Jesus was created, was the first of all creation. God's creation.

Moving along, here are further Bible based reasons why I don't believe in the Trinity doctrine.

These are Jesus' words found within the scriptures:

John 5: 30 - I cannot do a single thing of my own initiative; just as I hear, I judge; and the judgment that I render is righteous, because I seek, not my own will, but the will of him that sent me.

That is pretty self-explanatory. 1. Jesus was sent my someone else. 2. He was here to do the will for that person, not himself. In other words, if he was God, then he would say, "This is my will, this is what I have decided." There would have been a lot more "I"s in Jesus' words throughout the Bible, yet he always directed attention to "The Father."

On many occasions Jesus also prayed. If he was God, those prayers would have been useless. God has no need to pray to himself. Yet we see these scenes play throughout the scriptures on numerous occasions:

Matt. 26:39 - And going a little way forward, he fell upon his face, praying and saying: “My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass away from me. Yet, not as I will, but as you will"

Another point of reference you might want to look at when distinguishing between God and Jesus. Another time Jesus spoke:

Mark 10: 17, 18 - And as he was going out on his way, a certain man ran up and fell upon his knees before him and put the question to him: “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit everlasting life?”*Jesus said to him: “Why do you call me good? Nobody is good, except one, God.

Jesus not only identified God as separate but also spoke of him as higher than He is. He said not to call him good because only God is good. If he was God, then he wouldn't have rejected the statement would he have? On that same note:

John 14:28 - YOU heard that I said to YOU, I am going away and I am coming [back] to YOU. If YOU loved me, YOU would rejoice that I am going my way to the Father, because the Father is greater than I am.

I'm not sure how much more clearly Jesus can say it other than that.

Other points to examine, the Holy Spirit (or Holy Ghost). It is not a person according to my beliefs and thus can not be part of a trinity.

While some may take the scriptures found at John chapters 14, 15, and 16 to be literal when speaking of the Holy Spirit, further examination of other scriptures throughout the Bible will show that it's not exactly as one may interpret. Many qualities, attributes, inanimate objects, etc. are personified in the Bible. For instance, things such as wisdom, death, water, and blood are personified.

One clear distinction here is that the Bible names names. God's name is recorded in the scriptures - Jehovah. God's son's name is also recorded in the scriptures - Jesus. But the Holy Spirit has no personal name.

Surprisingly enough, The New Catholic Encyclopedia admitted this: : “The majority of New Testament texts reveal God’s spirit as something, not someone; this is especially seen in the parallelism between the spirit and the power of God.” (1967, Vol. XIII, p.575)

(No disrespect to you Catholics out there, but you should check out a lot of what the New Catholic Encyclopedias have to say on matters of the Bible. There's a lot of stuff in there that even contradicts what's being taught as doctrine in the church. *Jus' Sayin*)

Anyway, still on the point of the Holy Spirit these are a few points from a book I was doing some research in:

"A comparison of Bible texts that refer to the holy spirit shows that it is spoken of as ‘filling’ people; they can be ‘baptized’ with it; and they can be “anointed” with it. '

Luke 1:41 - Well, as Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, the infant in her womb leaped; and Elizabeth was filled with holy spirit

Matt. 3:11 - I, for my part, baptize YOU with water because of YOUR repentance; but the one coming after me is stronger than I am, whose sandals I am not fit to take off. That one will baptize YOU people with holy spirit and with fire

Acts 10:38 - namely, Jesus who was from Naz′a‧reth, how God anointed him with holy spirit and power, and he went through the land doing good and healing all those oppressed by the Devil; because God was with him.

"None of these expressions would be appropriate if the holy spirit were a person.'

"Jesus also referred to the holy spirit as a “helper” (Greek, pa‧ra′kle‧tos), and he said that this helper would “teach,” “bear witness,” “speak,” and ‘hear.’ (John 14:16, 17,26; 15:26; 16:13) It is not unusual in the Scriptures for something to be personified. For example, wisdom is said to have “children.” (Luke 7:35) Sin and death are spoken of as being kings. (Rom. 5:14, 21)

While some texts say that the spirit “spoke,” other passages make clear that this was done through angels or humans.

Acts 4:24, 25 -Upon hearing this they with one accord raised their voices to God and said:
“Sovereign Lord, you are the One who made the heaven and the earth and the sea and all the things in them,*and who through holy spirit said by the mouth of our forefather David, your servant, ‘Why did nations become tumultuous and peoples meditate upon empty things?

Acts 28:25 - So, because they were at disagreement with one another, they began to depart, while Paul made this one comment:
“The holy spirit aptly spoke through Isaiah the prophet to YOUR forefathers,

Matt. 10:19, 20 - However, when they deliver YOU up, do not become anxious about how or what YOU are to speak; for what YOU are to speak will be given YOU in that hour; for the ones speaking are not just YOU, but it is the spirit of YOUR Father that speaks by YOU.

Acts 20:23 - except that from city to city the holy spirit repeatedly bears witness to me as it says that bonds and tribulations are waiting for me

Acts 21:10, 11 -But while we were remaining quite a number of days, a certain prophet named Ag′a‧bus came down from Ju‧de′a,*and he came to us and took up the girdle of Paul, bound his own feet and hands and said: “Thus says the holy spirit, ‘The man to whom this girdle belongs the Jews will bind in this manner in Jerusalem and deliver into the hands of people of the nations

At 1 John 5:6-8, not only the spirit but also “the water and the blood” are said to ‘bear witness.’ So, none of the expressions found in these texts in themselves prove that the holy spirit is a person.

The correct identification of the holy spirit must fit all the scriptures that refer to that spirit. With this viewpoint, it is logical to conclude that the holy spirit is the active force of God. It is not a person but is a powerful force that God causes to emanate from himself to accomplish his holy will.

Ps. 104:30 -If you send forth your spirit, they are created;
And you make the face of the ground new

2 Pet. 1:21 - For prophecy was at no time brought by man’s will, but men spoke from God as they were borne along by holy spirit

Acts 4:31 - And when they had made supplication, the place in which they were gathered together was shaken; and they were one and all filled with the holy spirit and were speaking the word of God with boldness.

- RS, "Spirit" p. 380

At the same time, there were prophets who had visions of heaven, seeing both the Father and the Son on the throne. The son at God's right hand. But never once are there records of the Holy Spirit being present on any throne.

In my beliefs, God's spirit is pretty much his powerful active force. The tool resources he uses to accomplish whatever he needs to get done.

I cant write any more for the time being but that is just a brief overview of my beliefs as to the trinity doctrine and why I do not accept it. Anyway, once again here is the link I posted before and a few others if you guys want a more in depth look at it:

Should You Believe in the Trinity

The Truth About the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit

krexia

Translator
Awards
As far as the Trinity goes, Christian scholars themselves have stated that it was fabricated three centuries after the death of Jesus (PBUH). The first definition was four centuries after. This in itself speaks volumes.
I suggest reading about this if you truly want to know more. We have to reserach and not believe blindly.
This book is a great history of the whole process by which the Trinity concept came to be accepted by the Catholic church. These sorts of debates were all the rage back in the fourth century.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back