• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pronunciation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
They may not drastically affect the game's story, but that doesn't mean they don't matter to it.

The name meanings behind Terra, Ventus, Aqua, Vanitas, Sora, Riku, Kairi, Naminé, and Xion don't drastically affect the game's story, but they still matter and have significance.

Why can't I force myself to leave this argument?

Mickey was going to have the role Sora does originally, so, yeah, their names don't matter either.
But I like their names.
And this is all about opinions.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Mickey was going to have the role Sora does originally, so, yeah, their names don't matter either.
That has nothing to do with anything, nor is it proof that "their names don't matter". When Mickey was potentially going to have any role similar to the one Sora ended up having, the game looked entirely different.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
That has nothing to do with anything, nor is it proof that "their names don't matter". When Mickey was potentially going to have any role similar to the one Sora ended up having, the game looked entirely different.

and you know that how?

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
and you know that how?
Nomura has said as much?
He said when they were considering Mickey/Donald to be the main role, the game looked entirely different, and characters like "Ansem" didn't even exist.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I bookmarked your little tumblr there, btw.
Actually kinda useful.

Nomura said:
At the beginning, we were thinking we’d make the story extremely simple. At that time, when characters like Ansem didn’t even exist, we were thinking that you’d kill Maleficent and the game would end there.

We don't know if Sora existed or not when the story was simple.
Sora is not like a character like Ansem.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I bookmarked your little tumblr there, btw.
Actually kinda useful.

We don't know if Sora existed or not when the story was simple.
Sora is not like a character like Ansem.
If Mickey was to be the main character, why would a character like Sora even exist? there'd be no point.
And none of this is even related to their names having meaning or not at all.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
If Mickey was to be the main character, why would a character like Sora even exist? there'd be no point.
And none of this is even related to their names having meaning or not at all.

Yes it does.
If the names did have a big meaning, then Mickey wouldn't of been originally picked at the main character.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Yes it does.
If the names did have a big meaning, then Mickey wouldn't of been originally picked at the main character.
I still don't see the logic. How does one character being made the main character deride other characters from their names having meaning?
And, like I said, it doesn't matter because Mickey ISN'T the main character, and the series had developed in such a way that their names DO have meaning.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I still don't see the logic. How does one character being made the main character deride other characters from their names having meaning?
And, like I said, it doesn't matter because Mickey ISN'T the main character, and the series had developed in such a way that their names DO have meaning.

And the series hasn't developed to give the Greek "X" in "X-Blade" a meaning.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Uh, yeah it has, that's why the name was chosen in the first place, BECAUSE of its meaning.

—There was a new type of Keyblade that appeared this time, changing the “key” in Keyblade to “X”

(The X of the Greek alaphabet, pronounced “key”. It also has the meaning of “ultimate” or “death”).

It’s quite an excellent name.

NOMURA: The name “X-Blade” was Watanabe (Daisuke), the scenario writer’s, idea. How the symbol X ‘crosses’ is symbolic of the crossing of dark and light. The members of Organization XIII get their names by adding an X to the name they had as humans comes from this. Also, the Nobody’s mark looks a lot like Eraqus’ symbol, but you can probably figure out that the reason this is has something to do with Xemnas.

Look at the bold and underlined part.
That's a question.
That's just something that a person wanted to know.
It's what leads to us receiving an answer.

Look at the only bold part.
That's an answer.
That's what was thought when the game was made.

Look at the part the only underlined part.
That's the thoughts of the interviewer.
Those aren't important.

DiceKiller

hope I don't rust
no matter what you guys say you will continue to have your own opinions so arguing is pointless...

Wouldn't be much of a forum if nobody argued for their opinions because it was pointless.

Anyways, I really don't know how I feel about the X-blade thing. It's not that I don't care about how it's pronounced, it's just I haven't really decided my position yet.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Look at the bold and underlined part.
That's a question.
That's just something that a person wanted to know.
It's what leads to us receiving an answer.

Look at the only bold part.
That's an answer.
That's what was thought when the game was made.

Look at the part the only underlined part.
That's the thoughts of the interviewer.
Those aren't important.
Confirmed: You're an idiot.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Hilarious, really.

You clearly don't understand much. Do you really think Nomura only picked the name because of the "cross between light and dark" meaning? Because, you realize, that if that was the case, it would simply be called an Exblade, but it's not. It's the ChiBlade because of the Greek letter and its meaning and its pronunciation, as well as the stupid cross meaning. It's not that hard to comprehend, but somehow you continually fail to do so.

And sure, you can say Nomura only talked about the "cross" meaning, but the reason for why that is should be obvious--the interviewer just pointed out the other meanings! So Nomura focused on the one that they didn't talk about. Why do you continually fail to see this? And -why- do you keep coming back here after saying you'll leave like three times now.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Hilarious, really.

You clearly don't understand much. Do you really think Nomura only picked the name-

No, I do not think Nomura picked the name.
Watanbe did.

And -why- do you keep coming back here after saying you'll leave like three times now.

Because I can't find anything else that's interesting at this moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back