• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Predict the release date

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KHIII: when?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dgruwez

Time to guess! When do you think KHIII will be released? We'll go by the Japanese release.

Beardman

I'm hoping so bad that they can squeeze it off in 2015, just so they can coincide with KH's 13th Anniversary. <3

k99y77

Awards
I'll say 2nd half of 2016 to 2nd half of 2017, Nomura said it was announced a little too early, plus they said to expect a wait between FFXV and KHIII, so the game won't come out until 2016 at the very least.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I have a lot of faith in the ongoing development that it'll be finished timely and reasonably, but even then they won't allow it to be released before FFXV.

Late 2016/Early 2017 would be my guess.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Part of me hopes for 2015, but I know deep down that even that is way too early.

As others have voted, 2016 sounds like the most realistic. Just as long as it does not enter development limbo like XV

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
My dream is Late 2015 (which is why I voted 2nd half 2015 haha), but realistically I have my expectations set to 2016 at the earliest. I want them to work on the game while having enough time to fine-tune everything multiple times.

(Personally I think the game will be done before FFXV but we'll see what happens)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Part of me hopes for 2015, but I know deep down that even that is way too early.

As others have voted, 2016 sounds like the most realistic. Just as long as it does not enter development limbo like XV

Disney would have their heads if that happened.

FurryFilmaker

I'm going with 2019 or beyond. I may be going overboard, however next year doesn't sound all too realistic to me. Video-Games take time to make.

SmilingMuse35

I think KH3 should come in 2016 because I want the gameplay to be as perfect as the development team can allow it to be. I hope KH3's writers already completed its scenario, though.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm going with 2019 or beyond. I may be going overboard, however next year doesn't sound all too realistic to me. Video-Games take time to make.

They take time, but not that much time! With Osaka's record of a 2-3 year turnaround development-wise, you shouldn't expect this game to take THAT long.

They started work on pre-development in 2012 (gameplay building, concept work, core story planning, test assets, etc.), entered early development in 2013 (asset building like textures, models, map planning; world picking; legal work; etc.), wrote the scenario earlier this year, so they are likely to be well into the groove of development at this point.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
(Personally I think the game will be done before FFXV but we'll see what happens)

(extends gross sweaty hand for high five)

You're not alone. The demo game play was pretty decent, although very very unrefined. But the assets themselves looked good enough to ship. It's just the matter of making a lot of it. Personally, I think American audiences will be playing the game between winter 2015 and spring 2016. XV still won't be out.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I'm guessing 2018. I get the feeling that even if Kingdom Hearts 3 is finished before Final Fantasy XV, it still wouldn't be shipped out before considering that we've technically been waiting for that game longer.

Shogo-Kun

Awards
I'm leaning towards late 2016, but honestly it could be as late as 2017 all things considered.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I almost voted never but we got a trailer and all sooooo picked 2017. No real reasons just felt right. xD

Sdog

Awards
Im still confident in my choice of 2016 for atleast a japan release, whether it be the 1st half or 2nd. Though with the recent news of type-0 pretty much being an excuse for FFXV to take more time I'm leanin towards the 2nd half of 2016.

dgruwez

FFXV's release date is the real criteria, and if it makes the March 2015 date, then I think a 2016 release date for KHIII isn't unfeasible. Once Nomura's team joins the production full-time, things will go a lot faster.
The optimist in me made me vote for an early 2016 Japanese release date.

bilko90

Whilst I certainly I agree that 2016 is the most obvious choice, I can't help but think about their whole 'we want to bring a game a year' concept which means that I figure we'll at least get something KH related in 2015 and gives me very slight hope. I'd like to think that with all this time where we haven't heard anything about the game they've been super hard at work and then when they do show something it'll be amazing and would surprise us to how close it would be to finished

dgruwez

Whilst I certainly I agree that 2016 is the most obvious choice, I can't help but think about their whole 'we want to bring a game a year' concept which means that I figure we'll at least get something KH related in 2015 and gives me very slight hope. I'd like to think that with all this time where we haven't heard anything about the game they've been super hard at work and then when they do show something it'll be amazing and would surprise us to how close it would be to finished
Maybe Kingdom Hearts x[chi] becomes available in the west next year?

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I definitely think it'll be out in 2016, but I voted for the spring. I doubt they'll refrain from releasing it because of FFXV; they've been fixing the mess they've made of KH with the ReMIXes, so I don't think they'll let more time pass than they have to just because the FF series is also a trainwreck right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back