• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[POLL] What's your least favorite Kingdom Hearts game in the series?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which Kingdom Hearts game is your least favorite?

• Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Kingdom Hearts

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

Votes: 33 29.2%
  • Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories

Votes: 24 21.2%
  • Kingdom Hearts II

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded

Votes: 28 24.8%
  • Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance

Votes: 11 9.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Why would Kairi train in the RoS lol?

For me, if they are going to do a Kairi game, I want it to be like... meaningful and impactful. A full-fledged title really committed to fleshing out her character and importance and having the game be essential and not easily written off. That's the kind of game she deserves at this point imo.

how else is she supposed to train in time for III? yen sid had her brought to his castle, and the RoS is definitely ripe with potential.

when i meant episodic, it can easily be near a full game's length and they'll be able to bring new content every month instead of one title with no release in sight.

i've never been a fan of episodic gaming but it is actually a pretty good platform if utilized correctly and not like hitman lol

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
how else is she supposed to train in time for III? yen sid had her brought to his castle, and the RoS is definitely ripe with potential.
Lea didn't have to train in the RoS lol, and Kairi technically had more experience than he did.
Honestly, the idea that Kairi even needs training is... idk. Like yeah it's more realistic in a sense, but no one really seemed to mind when Roxas and Xion could wield the Keyblade without any training. Like I don't think her training needs to be depicted, it can be handwaved/referenced as already happening (like it did with Lea) etc so she can focus on real stuff.

when i meant episodic, it can easily be near a full game's length and they'll be able to bring new content every month instead of one title with no release in sight.
BBS v2 being episodic would mean Kairi would get like one episode instead of being the focus of the whole game. That's why I specified wanting a full-fledged game for her. I wasn't doubting that an episodic game, altogether, could be near a full game's length. I meant that Kairi deserved a full game, not just a small part.

redcrown

Awards
Maybe because I'm just impartial to Kairi but the idea have having an episodic game sounds better to me. As of now there's isn't much about her that can fill up an entire game. Possibly after KH3 or even BBSvol2 if it comes out before then, if she's developed enough and trained with the keyblade, could I see a game about her having her own adventure that has enough material/character to work with and is satisfying.

A multiple scenario based game sounds like a better platform to develop several characters and fill in time/story gaps in one fell swoop. They could have several arcs with Mickey, Riku, Aqua, and Kairi. I would totally buy this and be excited for it, but BBS vol2 is canceled as of now.

Last edited:

Muke

whatever
Awards
A multiple scenario based game sounds like a better platform to develop several characters and fill in time/story gaps in one fell swoop. They could have several arcs with Mickey, Riku, Aqua, and Kairi. I would totally buy this and be excited for it, but BBS vol2 is canceled as of now.
do you know that one game called bbs

redcrown

Awards
do you know that one game called bbs

the story platform of 3 character arcs in one game is not what BBS did wrong. I wouldn't mind seeing that type of scenario in a game again.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
imo DDD did multiple playable characters much better than bbs. it was disjointed and repetitive to watch the same story unfold three different times from slightly different lenses. if the drop system had some tweaking it would be ideal (see: GTA V).

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
The issue will always be with the BBS style is that it's hard not to spoil the ending which takes the fun out of the game.

The drop system will need quite a few tweaks and maybe make a more mandatory switch after certain story-line events rather than more randomized. (Never played DDD but I did hear about people switching during a boss and needing to start the boss over)

redcrown

Awards
The issue will always be with the BBS style is that it's hard not to spoil the ending which takes the fun out of the game.

The drop system will need quite a few tweaks and maybe make a more mandatory switch after certain story-line events rather than more randomized.

This would be the best way to switch scenarios in a multi-arc game.

Prob about 3D tho: Sora's story was extremely boring up to TWTNW. o0 Like...wtf.

The platform of multiple scenarios is not what causes that though. It's the actual story and character writing in that scenario that can cause it to fail. If it's written and paced right with a better plot structure it can work beautifully.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
the story platform of 3 character arcs in one game is not what BBS did wrong. I wouldn't mind seeing that type of scenario in a game again.
It's part of what they did wrong, imo. At least the way they went about it. DDD did much better imo.

Prob about 3D tho: Sora's story was extremely boring up to TWTNW. o0 Like...wtf.
I don't really agree, but in general that's a problem with every KH game. They save all the plot stuff for the final world instead of really spreading it out and building it well.

I don't know why people find Sora's story "extremely boring" especially in comparison to Riku's. Riku's had more focus on his development which is nice, but like all of my memories of the Disney worlds favour Sora's side more often than not at the end of the day. (The "Prison" moment, the beach moment, the Bytes and Bites, diddlyING TRON YOU GUYS, etc)

Spreading the same basic story out over more than 2 characters will always be problematic though. A so-called episodic game would definitely, imo, need to be more like a series of vignettes than the same story played through different perspectives.

But BBSv2 isn't going to happen lol. It's story has been broken into parts now and we're led to believe we will get most of it in some form in KH3.

A bunch of little vignettes could work as KH3 DLC tho...

Kagayaki

Awards
I really hated the gameplay of Chain of Memories. The story was good, and I liked the option of playing Riku in the second half of the game, but I didn't like card system at all, especially when they gave you so few save point cards.

redcrown

Awards
Spreading the same basic story out over more than 2 characters will always be problematic though. A so-called episodic game would definitely, imo, need to be more like a series of vignettes than the same story played through different perspectives.

But BBSv2 isn't going to happen lol. It's story has been broken into parts now and we're led to believe we will get most of it in some form in KH3.

A bunch of little vignettes could work as KH3 DLC tho...

This I agree was a flaw of BBS. Not all multi-scenario games have to be like that. DDD worked pretty well with switching and having two different stories all together. Except the drop system would have to go.

BBSvol2 would have been great to have, it's a real shame it won't be made, because I think if we see some of the content it had in KH3, it won't be even near the amount and involvement BBSvol2 would have given.

It also might burden KH3 with other stories and characters it has to show/develop/fill gaps/take care of while also reuniting and rescuing everybody and have the climax. BBSvol2 would have lightened the load.

Either that or we won't see most of the content until after KH3.

tbh I've always hated the "so-and so shuold take a backseat so other characters can be developed", which is one of the reasons we have underdeveloped characters in the first place. Why can't multiple charters be included and focused on at the same time?

Last edited:

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
That was one thing I definitely liked about DDD more than BBS, was that DDD allowed you to progress forward with multiple characters at an even pace. It was exhausting in BBS to finish the game once, and then start over from the beginning as another character. It was great to see each character's unique perspective, but playing through the game 3 times back to back felt tiring. As opposed to DDD, where you got to switch back and forth and progress both characters forward at the same time, much like a movie or TV show switching perspectives to advance story arcs forward all at the same time. Would have been better to have a single scenario for BBS that has three layers to it and as you progress, you switch between the characters in a mandatory fashion, that way all of them get to the ending sections at once, and you see each person's ending play out together.

I do enjoy how BBS did it, I just think that having beaten the game as one character and then having to start from scratch as the next felt like a chore, even despite the curiosity of what occurs in the next character's story arc.

Ree

DDD for me because the new gameplay elements like Flowmotion and Drop are unfun and the story is just a mess

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
DDD for me because the new gameplay elements like Flowmotion and Drop are unfun and the story is just a mess

How exactly would you say it's a mess? Because you switch between the characters or because of the time travel thing? I'm just curious really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back