• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Pleasants Hints at Kingdom Hearts Online

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I still don't think anyone else has actually caught onto that DMC bomb yet rofl

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The other site exploded,
I wouldn't really call that "exploded".

and here I am trying to sift fact from fiction by cross-referencing 'fact' from fiction. xD
Fact: Last year it was announced Disney purchased Studio EX to design F2P games on mobiles and web browsers.
Fact: They said that a game called "Kingdom Hearts Online" would be made under this studio. (We sat on this information, waiting for more confirmation on this)
Fact: Kingdom Hearts X[chi] was announced to be developed by Success Inc., thus leaving "Kingdom Hearts Online" as something separate.
Fact: This interview came out confirming that Studio EX is still working on "Kingdom Hearts Online".

That's really all there is to it right now.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
For me it's not about Nomura's involvement but SquareEnix' involvement. V-Cast cleary showed that Disney didn't grasp the concept back then, but maybe it's different this time around. Although I think two Free2Play browser/mobile games are not helpful, at least if they're aming at the same audience.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
For me it's not about Nomura's involvement but SquareEnix' involvement. V-Cast cleary showed that Disney didn't grasp the concept back then, but maybe it's different this time around. Although I think two Free2Play browser/mobile games are not helpful, at least if they're aming at the same audience.

I doubt they are. Chi has an...odd batch of players. They are all about the ranking and are really hardcore about it all. I have a feeling whatever Disney is making is going to be aimed at a more casual market...

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I read the title and thought it said "Pleasant Hints at Kingdom Hearts Online" and thought is was going to be about Chi going international. ;A;

I'm cautiously optimistic. If it turns out good, that'll be great and I'll try to play it. If it's bad well then *shrugs*. If KH V-Cast and Chi any indication then if it's bad it'll eventually lay forgotten, otherwise it'll be properly praised. I'm looking forward to see what they're going to do with it either way. This is more than likely going to be a non canon game so there's a lot of opportunity to do something interesting even if it's just borrowing elements from the lore. So long as they're not doing something cheap just for a quick cash grab.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
(Never forget Kingdom Hearts VCast~)

Something like that. It says "multiplatform on devices like the smartphone and web" It might be on more than just those two, but considering they are using Unity, it probably would work out better to just be smartphone and web.

There is no info because it isn't even officially announced.

Honesty I'd rather that game be forgotten. Never played it but from what I saw they really didn't grasp the concept of KH or what made it so popular. Hence why I'm worried about another KH game being made without Nomura or at least someone from the Square Enix KH team being involved.

Oh okay, so mostlikely mobile/web game. I wonder what the game play and graphic will be like.
Where did you hear about them using Unity Engine?

I find that kind of funny. It's not been officially announced yet, but it's been name dropped, so to speak, twice now and we still don't know anything beyond it's project name, that it'll be free-to-play and that Studio Ex will develop it.

Antar

Awards
By Kingdom Hearts Online, do you mean like an MMO? I'm kind of worried by a KH MMO but that's just me. I just really don't like that genre and kind of mad that so many franchises are being turned into MMO's these days. I can't be sure right now, though, because it might just turn out to be a good online game.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
By Kingdom Hearts Online, do you mean like an MMO? I'm kind of worried by a KH MMO but that's just me. I just really don't like that genre and kind of mad that so many franchises are being turned into MMO's these days. I can't be sure right now, though, because it might just turn out to be a good online game.

Yes, an MMO. How it really will be is unknown...I wouldn't expect much from it, but then again who knows!

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I have a few questions to start:

- Will Nomura be involved in this?
- Will it be bad?
- Will there be a real game?
- This will suck because Nomura isn't a part of it, right?
- Do you think the above question is illogical, and frankly, downright stupid due to making these assumptions based on nothing?

That is all :)

Hope so. I don't believe they haven't seen the article yet, and they can't really brush it off since this is the second time it's been mentioned.

THEY CAN...AND THEY WILL!!!! jk But I wouldn't be shocked if they just ignore that comment was made and continue being clandestine as they have been thus far.

Yes, an MMO. How it really will be is unknown...I wouldn't expect much from it, but then again who knows!

Considering it'll probably be an online browser game like Chi and countless others, IDK what level of depth to expect either. Has anyone played any of their other games before?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I have a few questions to start:

- Will Nomura be involved in this?
- Will it be bad?
- Will there be a real game?
- This will suck because Nomura isn't a part of it, right?
- Do you think the above question is illogical, and frankly, downright stupid due to making these assumptions based on nothing?

That is all :)

- Don't know.
- Don't know.
- Don't know.
- Not necessarily.
- The first four? Might be valid. The one immediately above? YES. And it's actually a statement posed as a question.

You're welcome. :)

Considering it'll probably be an online browser game like Chi and countless others, IDK what level of depth to expect either.

I'm actually interested in how the game's storyline would fit into the series' canon. I believe the difficulty faced by online games is that storyline often takes a backseat to the feeling of community (as in people don't play because of the storyline, but because of the online and social experience), making it seem not as important.

Of course, though, they could pull the non-canon card like how it is with Chi.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Assuming Square Enix isn't going to touch this project at all, I don't think we should even really bother with story. Studio EX is known for F2P MMO games on browsers and mobile, and even more with Facebook titles. Considering the possibilities with that frame of mind and then move it up to KHx levels and so on~

THEY CAN...AND THEY WILL!!!! jk But I wouldn't be shocked if they just ignore that comment was made and continue being clandestine as they have been thus far.

Honestly, they really should take a page out of United Front Game's book. When people found that Square Enix had licensed "Triad Wars," they revealed it was a new title set in the world of Sleeping Dogs within hours of the discovery, and left it at that.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I'm actually interested in how the game's storyline would fit into the series' canon. I believe the difficulty faced by online games is that storyline often takes a backseat to the feeling of community (as in people don't play because of the storyline, but because of the online and social experience), making it seem not as important.

Of course, though, they could pull the non-canon card like how it is with Chi.

Well, I kind of like the social games being non-canon, I'm not opposed to KH having a non-canon game (COME ON THEARHYTHM...but that's another topic), which is why I'm still kind of not sure how I feel about that whole "making Chi canon thing" but we'll see how it all works out in the end :)

Honestly, they really should take a page out of United Front Game's book. When people found that Square Enix had licensed "Triad Wars," they revealed it was a new title set in the world of Sleeping Dogs within hours of the discovery, and left it at that.

In a perfect world, most companies would do that. I really don't get why they would keep hush hush on it, I mean, it's not like if they ignore it we'll just forget it...if anything, we will only speculate further, possibly getting our hopes up and them not being able to deliver.

State

Awards
I did a bit of research on KH V-Cast and, apparently, it was developed by a company named Superscape and Disney only published it. Hopefully, since they're contracting the services of a South-Korean company, one could expect something decent (or better than V-Cast). *shrugs*

By the way, we can all breath relief seeing as how Superscape exists no more (another company bought it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back