• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Playable Character

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
According to a statement from Nomura there will be another playable character in KH3, while this time who exactly is unknown. I tried to see if there was an existing trend in the main/numbered title games that could provide some evidence as to what they may try to do with KH3.

In KH1 we got to play as Sora’s heartless in shadow form, albeit briefly but still an important moment in the game and series. Next in KH2 we start off playing as Sora’s nobody Roxas, which proved again to be important to the overall plot of the game. If we consider BBS as KH0 then we can use the illusion commands as an example of the protagonists becoming Unversed which are the enemies of that title which continues the trend of becoming the enemy type. Finally, in KHDDD we play as Riku who is functioning as Sora’s Spirit Dream Eater, which again is the new enemy type introduced in that title again.

With all this in mind I would like to assume that we will have to opportunity to experience the game from a new enemies perspective again like in previous titles. The question remains though, what is this “new” enemy type that is to be introduced. Well that clue was given to us with the Boxart reveal if my assumptions are correct. I believe that we will get to play as a darkling at some point during KH3 (likely towards the end of the game) makes a lot of sense and would draw a lot of connections to the whole Chi-UnionCross story arc. It just seems to me that the trend is that in main titles we tend to play as Sora/the protagonist, then through some means we also play as the protagonist but in the form of the same enemy we have been tasked with battling throughout the game. With all this and the reveal of whatever happened to Aqua that made her finger tips turn red and alter other parts of her body as well (transitioning into a darkling) along with the Darkling in the Boxart must be pointing to something and that something may just be the another KH3 playable character.

Echoecho6

Awards
Interesting theory about a new enemy type, but I am not on board with that nor do I think it will happen. However regarding playable characters....

Riku
Kairi
Roxas
Lea
Aqua
Terra
Ventus
Young Eraqus
Young Xehanort
Xion....

There are MANY choices here, and I really doubt only one other character is playable. We want all these to be playable but it isn't likely we will get more than 3 different characters. Lets take a look at who is likely and who deserves it.

Riku - In my opinion Riku is the most likely to get his own little side venture. Others may be more likely to beable to play, but he is the one that will probably have the longest mission. If we had to have ONE character I would never vote Riku, but Riku is very important and has always been here alongside Sora so it makes sense.. Plus we all want to try out his new keyblade for ourselves at some point. Nomura also specifically wants the fans to like Riku more than they do apparently so he might force him onto us more. I am expecting him to be one of the playable characters.

Kairi - Probably the most requested character, but also one of the most likely. People think it is unlikely we will play as her but I think she has a good shot. When could we play as her? I am not sure. I actually don't think she would be in the tutorial, I feel like she is a late game character to play as.

Roxas - I definitely can see Roxas being playable again, especially if he is a guardian of light. We all want to dual wield keyblades so this would be a great way to get that chance, also they know how popular he is which I am sure will have an affect. I think Roxas is actually more likely than Kairi and I put money on this one.

Lea - I dont know.... Lea is a fan favorite obviously, and he has been around learn enough to where he deserves this chance now. However when you look at every character we have it is kind of hard to see them choosing Lea over the others. He might just be a party member character for this game.

Aqua - No, definitely not going to happen in my opinion. We just got to play as her in 0.2, plus we get to fight her, and she is kind of getting tiring to play as, atleast for me. I don't think she will especially with her current in game situation. If they do make her playable over someone else I would be shocked and kind of disappointed.

Terra - I personally want this. I think Terra deserves the chance to be played as for a second time just like Aqua was in 0.2. With the lingering will scene there should definitely be some opportunities to do this. It really depends when Terra gets saved and how that all turns out.

Ventus - Maybe? I feel like Ventus wont be in the fight, and if he and Roxas both are there then they would go with Roxas before Ventus. I would love to play Ventus in KH3 but he is on the unlikely side in my opinion.

Young Eraqus/Xehanort - just a theory everyone has that you can play as one of them in the tutorial. At this point I kind of doubt it, though it would still be a cool surprise.

Xion - So Xion even returning is enough to debate on, but I am in the assumption she will become a person, and maybe will be playable later on. It is a possibility. My main reason for including her is the boxart. If someone is going to be playable they would be on the freakin box art. Also if you look at that, Sora being our main character doesn't necessarily stand out above everyone else in the artwork. Like yea he is at the top but he doesn't stand out that much compared to everyone here. The way everyone has equal appearance on the art makes it seem like they could all be playable or will all be in the game a large amount. If characters like Xion are in the game less than Jiminy Cricket then having them on the boxart is misleading and kind of false advertising. Think about being new to KH and you look at the KH3 boxart and play through the game. I feel like all these guys have to have a pretty big presence.

In conclusion I think we are looking at Riku, Roxas, Kairi, and Terra to be playable.

Vasquez

Awards
I think somehow someway a lot of characters will be 'playable' in kh3. Riku will probably be the only one to get a world to himself, though.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
You've skipped around a bit. In KH 1 it was heartless Sora, coM it was Riku, 2 it was Roxas and you could control Riku at one point, in 358/2 you mained Roxas and every other main character was playable, in none in coded and Riku again in 3D. All signs point to Riku. Plus, a darkling is pretty much a heartless isnt it?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
There will most likely be more than one other playable character. Nomura has said in an interview that we will play as “other characters,” specifically using the plural. All they have to do is style them after Aqua’s controls in 0.2, giving each playable character their own Keyblade, shotlock, and style change. Their spells and abilities can all be set. There’s no need for them to have Sora level of customization or variety when we won’t play as them for that long.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
Darklings are Heartless. Also Darklings aren't new, as they've been in KHX/UX for a long long time now.

You're also forgetting about the fact we play as Riku in CoM. Mickey and Riku in KH2. The entire Org in Days. I mean, the BBS Unversed thing is a bit of a stretch at best.

Zip said:
There will most likely be more than one other playable character. Nomura has said in an interview that we will play as “other characters,” specifically using the plural.

This is wrong. Nomura only ever hinted that there was one playable character besides Sora. Here's what he told IGN.

"So it would be tough to introduce many, multiple playable characters, but there is an intention of adding a playable character aside from Sora. Unfortunately we’re not able to disclose who it is yet, but there will be another playable character"

lusca_bueno

I am really confident it will be Xehanort. It's the conclusion of his arc, and Nomura will find a way to make his reasons human, and there's no better way than making you play whatever is his past drama, specially when it will obviously involve serious revelations.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
I want it to be like KH2, where we get to play with different characters in certain situations.

- RoD section with Riku/Mickey should definitely be playable.
- Mickey could be playable like he was in KH2, in certain boss battles where the playable character "dies" and we have to revive him.
-If Lea vs Isa happens, Lea should be playable in this fight.
Etc...

I feel like all the Gardians of Light should be playable at least once, even if it's just for a short time. If that's too much to ask for, just make the RoD section with Riku/Mickey playable for now. I really don't want that part to be only cutscenes.

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
You've skipped around a bit. In KH 1 it was heartless Sora, coM it was Riku, 2 it was Roxas and you could control Riku at one point, in 358/2 you mained Roxas and every other main character was playable, in none in coded and Riku again in 3D. All signs point to Riku. Plus, a darkling is pretty much a heartless isnt it?

Darklings are Heartless. Also Darklings aren't new, as they've been in KHX/UX for a long long time now.

You're also forgetting about the fact we play as Riku in CoM. Mickey and Riku in KH2. The entire Org in Days. I mean, the BBS Unversed thing is a bit of a stretch at best.

This is wrong. Nomura only ever hinted that there was one playable character besides Sora. Here's what he told IGN.

"So it would be tough to introduce many, multiple playable characters, but there is an intention of adding a playable character aside from Sora. Unfortunately we’re not able to disclose who it is yet, but there will be another playable character"

I apologize for not explaining, I intentionally did not include the “side games” and tried to focus on the “main title” examples of playable characters. Also I didn’t mean to imply that there wouldn’t be multiple scenarios where we may take control of various characters momentarily like summons or Remi’s cooking, similar to Riku’s minor gameplay at the end of KH2 or the few occasions you can die and play as Mickey .

Also I admittedly use the illusion command as a stretch but I think it’s always important to remember that as a Final Mix inclusion “there are no coincidences in Kingdom Hearts” and as a result of that those commands could have been added intentionally. This is all just conjecture and I’m even confident that there will be multiple characters throughout the game and potentially it’s DLC but the Darkling (which is NOT a Heartless but a Keyblade Wielder who has fallen to darkness) would be the “big surprise” playable character at the end of the game. It could even have gameplay reminiscent of Anti-Form since this title is also all about nastalgia.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I'm hoping for Kairi or Mickey personally. I think both would be cool since we've controlled most characters in the series so far.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
If I listed the ones I want to play as MOST, it's definitely Roxas, Riku and Terra/Lingering Will. Second would be Ventus, Aqua, and Lea. Thirdly would be Kairi, Mickey, Eraqus, Xehanort and Xion.

shady543

Awards
I'm still putting my money on Roxas. He's one that I feel would be most likely other than Riku and he's really the only other character I'd want to play as who isn't Sora.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Well, as a guessing man, I predict that we'll have three playable characters in total.

Kairi is going to be the tutorial character. She makes sense because she's learning how to use the Keyblade properly, it'll be the perfect ways to ease newcomers into this Kingdom Hearts entry.

Sora.

And Riku. Riku is going to be interesting because I think we may end up with a Dream Drop Distance scenario without the drop mechanic. What I mean by this is, you play as Kairi for the tutorial, play as Sora for all of the Tier 1 worlds, then play as Riku, go back to Sora for the tier 2 worlds, play as Riku again, then go back to Sora for the final tier worlds.

So basically, you play as Kairi once, play as Riku twice and play the majority of the game as Sora.

cakito123

Awards
I'm 80% sure that it'll be Young Xehanort or Young Eraqus. I say that because that chess scene has been confirmed to be a playable world, right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember Nomura stating in one interview that some sceneries won't be playable like the Kairi/Axel place, but the place where Xehanort and Eraqus plays chess is going to be a playable world.

Also, it is an original world and I guess Eraqus and Xehanort's stories will have an important role/piece in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back