• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Play BBS(FM) in 3D!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
This is an good way to hold you guys over until DDD comes out. I found this 3D plugin for the PSP to play BBSFM in 3D and so far it's great (except for a couple of issues).

Also works for other games too:PSP 3D Plugin v2.21 - Homebrew Applications - PSP - QuickJump Downloads

Things you will need
A Pair of anaglyph 3D glasses (Red/Green, Red/Cyan, or Yellow/Blue)
A hacked PSP ( I won't go further into this because of rules)
3D Plugin v2.21 (Made by PSPWizard)

Note:
YOU MUST SET YOUR SETTING IN GAME TO 32 BIT COLOR AND ACCELERATED CPU IN ORDER TO GET THE BEST EXPERIENCE. IT ALSO DOESN'T HURT TO CLOCK YOUR GAME TO 333/166 ON THE VSH MENU TO REDUCE LAG

It's mostly plug and play. It's best if you disable other plugins before playing the game.
There are a few problems

Cutscenes are wonky. Subtitles flicker on and off. Sometimes 3D looks abnormal. Gameplay is awesome though except for a few times when the HUD can act up a little.

Mind you I was playing with the v2.2 3D plugin, PSP 2000, with CFW 6.60 Pro-C. It might work different for others. I also was playing on a BBSFM english patched game. Although I had these problems they were minor and didn't really affect the spectacle.

This also gives people who don't have a 3DS some in sight of what DDD will look like in 3D. And also gives a reason to see a BBS(FM) port to the 3D. I swear the developers must have had DDD in development during BBS because this is too good looking.

Here are some videos. ENJOY!
[video=youtube;-e9usd5MIEI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e9usd5MIEI[/video]
[video=youtube;f3i1xNkPp2Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3i1xNkPp2Q[/video]

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Playing the demo of 3D, I was thinking about how gorgeous the other titles would look with the same presentation. I will have to test this out whenever I get some 3D glasses again! I just chucked my cheap plastic ones a few weeks ago.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
It's a shame this sub forum is almost dead with activity though. I hope all you guys enjoy.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Despite me not agreeing with your other thread, I'm probably going to try this out. When I find my 3D glasses...I had like five pairs I stole from some movies and can't find them xD

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Despite me not agreeing with your other thread, I'm probably going to try this out. When I find my 3D glasses...I had like five pairs I stole from some movies and can't find them xD

Yes it needs to be the code anagylph ones though. When you start up the game make sure you press start and hold for 5 seconds. Then crank the 3d settings up. Not so much 3d position. It's the other one you want 1.250-2.500 is where you get the best 3D (IMO).
Red/Cyan is more effective than yellow/blue. Although I know DDD will have better 3D but it was made with 3D in mind

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Not a conversion. I think it was calculated through the z buffer? If it wasn't that then it took another camera angle within the 3D space and combined it with the 1st one to create two separate views to give you the 3D effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back