• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Phantom Glitch?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

soramstr

Fighting Phantom I found an fatal glitch... Well, fatal to Sora. Has anyone else come across something like this?

[video=youtube_share;d6rMja6ezNs]http://youtu.be/d6rMja6ezNs[/video]

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
That's really strange. I fought him three times (died twice) and never encountered this. And I had Combo Plus and the works equipped. I honestly can't think of what could have happened. The fact that he kept summoning his orb, but damage seemed to do nothing is an obvious technical flaw in the game.

Thank God this never happened while I was fighting him. Woulda been SO pissed.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Wha... he refuses to die? Such willpower.

It's a glitch alright. Perhaps you'd like to try to fight him again and see if it still happens? Count your blessings it doesn't happen to someone like Sephiroth or Unknown. That'd be a flaming pain in the butt.

soramstr

Yeah, idk. Proud mode is enough of a challenge without having to deal with immortal bosses...

My puny ultima weapon doesn't phase the great Phantom. I fought him again and no problems but if this would have happened against Sephiroth I think I would have been more accepting of it. It would have been more fitting

Last edited by a moderator:

Gram

Banned
Awards
I've never ran into this glitch either and I've fought him several times. o_0

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
Actually I had this happen in the original game. It was so frustrating to me to no end, no matter how many times I tried to finish the battle, I never could! I'm really hoping this doesn't happen to me again in this version, but if does, I'm going to get in a corner and cry... ;A;

Sorakh212

Awards
How peculiar! This is very odd though. I mean of all the times I've beaten the Phantom throughout the years regardless of the game, difficulty, stats, etc. I've never encountered this problem before. I have however noticed that with some boss fights it takes extra singular attacks in order to defeat them. Like the invisible Iguana thing in Deep Jungle or especially during some of the tournament challenges. It might just be a programming error or perhaps a bug of some sort. I don't know if and or how well this game was debugged or tested because it is a remake after all.

soramstr

with the stealth sneak, the thing is that as he is changing from camo to where you can see him, his health wont drop to zero. This carries over while he's doing his little eye laser moves and as soon as he finishes you can get the last hit in. But I doubt much debugging went into this since its using a game that was basically made 10 years ago and remade like 2 years later.

tear.

Happened to me the first time I tried fighting him, thought I was actually doing it wrong and gave up.
Haven't tried giving him a second chance to be honest, but now I probably will to see if anything's changed.

soramstr

yeah, I went in again right after this and had no problems. But I did take off my air combo plus's. I doubt that was the problem but it doesn't hurt to try

shadowrider5ds

hey I need help on my kingdom hearts hd 1.5 remix kingdom hearts final mix phantom boss cant get into the boss fight everytime I do it doesn't load the fight I get stuck on a black screen please help me I tried cleanin my PS3 laser lens and the game disc still didn't work please help me PLEASE [video=youtube;RYZfrsSH7WU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYZfrsSH7WU[/video]

soramstr

here are some options to troubleshoot:
Play a new game and get to that point again to see if its your disc or that playthrough
If it still doesn't play, try getting to that point in a different difficulty.
If it still doesn't play, it has to be the disc and you'd have to get a new one.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I doubt this would help, but could you check if you are having similar difficulties in encountering Kurt Zisa? I doubt this glitch has anything to do with secret bosses, but still.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
hey I need help on my kingdom hearts hd 1.5 remix kingdom hearts final mix phantom boss cant get into the boss fight everytime I do it doesn't load the fight I get stuck on a black screen please help me I tried cleanin my PS3 laser lens and the game disc still didn't work please help me PLEASE [video=youtube;RYZfrsSH7WU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYZfrsSH7WU[/video]

I had that happen to me twice, but not during the game. I was trying to load a save, but the game kept giving me a black screen. SO I kept exiting and restarting the game, but no fix. What I did, was did a soft reset (I noticed it still had that), just press R1+R2+L1+L2+Start+Select at the same time and it takes you back to the main menu of the Final Mix game, just go back to where you are at the game selection screen, then just exit the game from the PS button, and just turn off the PS3 like you would normally would by going to the profile selection and do shut down. Then just wait a few seconds and turn it back on.

See if it works... if not... well, try another save file and see if you can access the game right, because that's also what I did the last time. I tried to access the save, couldn't, then went back and did the whole procedure I wrote up there, and I just selected another save file and then like a while later, I was able to access the save that was messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back