• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Passion Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

lol internet
Website
www.freewebz.com
The rumors about the English version of Passion being changed are true:

http://www.hikaru-online.net/forums/showpost.php?p=48148&postcount=8

Unless that guy's just lying.

Also in that thread, someone says that Hikki said that it was difficult coming up with the Japanese lyrics for Passion since she came up with the English lyrics first. So maybe the song won't be as butchered as Hikari/Simple and Clean was after all.

Last edited:

NarutoEXE

Website
www.hikaru-online.net
Oh and Hikki's new single, Keep Tryin', has a B-side to it called Wings. We're pretty sure 'Wings' isn't Passion English since Hikki herself said it would be called Sanctuary. So we probably won't recieve any info on Sanctuary until after Keep Tryin' promotions are over. Which means that it'll be after Feb. T_T

Keep Tryin' tracklist

Madness said:
The rumors about the English version of Passion being changed are true:

http://www.hikaru-online.net/forums/showpost.php?p=48148&postcount=8

Unless that guy's just lying.

Also in that thread, someone says that Hikki said that it was difficult coming up with the Japanese lyrics for Passion since she came up with the English lyrics first. So maybe the song won't be as butchered as Hikari/Simple and Clean was after all.
Already posted. Also, RetroJapan's not lying. He was in Japan during Dec and came back like a week ago so he probably heard it himself.

Last edited:

soraandkairi4eva

sora luver
wow u know everything....... so the english might be called sanctuary, but i kinda find that weird and confusing cuz for *simple and clean*. it's called *hikari* for the jap version, but for passion, *passion* isn't jap and they're changing the name again when it's already english.

Engulfed

King of the Beavers
NarutoEXE said:
Well, maybe she was singing it as a crazed fangirl and not as Utada Hikaru. And she can't release the English version first cause the Japanese version of the game comes first, which means the Japanese version of the song must come first as well. Plus, she's signed with a company, so they have a say in when she releases her stuff.

Ohhh. I didn't know that the song was a direct tie in with the game.
I mean- well I probably don't and won't make much sense but I thought that
"Hikiri" was a song that the company liked and wanted it to be in KH.
I know that "Passion" was inspired by Kingdom Hearts, but since there was a music video with her that had nothing to do with KH2, I thought that this was more like 'for her career' than for "Kingdom Hearts". I didn't know it was a Package Deal.

Damn.. did I make any sense at all?

NarutoEXE

Website
www.hikaru-online.net
^Well, I guess KH staff just chose Hikari from Utada. Iono, not sure about that. But since they decided that she would also make Passion, they probably made the release tie in with the game before someone considered hearing the English version, before the actual release of the game, a spoiler.

Engulfed

King of the Beavers
NarutoEXE said:
^Well, I guess KH staff just chose Hikari from Utada. Iono, not sure about that. But since they decided that she would also make Passion, they probably made the release tie in with the game before someone considered hearing the English version, before the actual release of the game, a spoiler.

Ah, I s'pose that clears things up :D

Rikkuk

Unrelavent-Naruto I love your Avatar (on Hikki's forum i like it more cuz its bigger :D)

Last edited:
K

Kairi_MAX

do you have a web link for utada hikarus new english passion sanctuary?

K

Kairi_MAX

Errr......sorry. I din't read all of the postsn. i guess you don't have it.

Arearda

I wish I could get the KH II opening video to work. I need DivX and it won't install on this stupid computer...

KB

Stay gold. Bang.
What are your guys impressions on the rumored (as said by Utada Hikaru but not comfirmed) english version of Passion supposedly called "Sanctuaray"?

KB

Stay gold. Bang.
I don't know. They changed Hikari to Simple and Clean, why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back