• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

optional game install. not illegal

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemie777

ok so my first post was taken the wrong way, this is what was meant. i totally did not want an illegal download. totally not. i heard the game has terrible load times, and that to get around this SE made it so you can download it. otherwise inbetween areas, during fights, and in the middle of cutscenes the game would freeze up and load.

g4 said this

The Cons
New Command Board leveling system is complicated and boring.
Free up some memory: load times are unbearable without the optional game install. <-----this one
The still-awful Kingdom Hearts camera makes vertical platforming sections painful.

Read more: Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep for PlayStation Portable - Reviews - G4tv.com

sorry i did not clarify but will this be able to be gotten offline as i do not have internet where i am

rockxas

You dont need internet to do the game install.
And why open a new thread about it?

D

Deleted member 87467

You dont need internet to do data install

Data install downloads part of the game on the MS so that it doesn't have to read of the UMD as much

marcoreo

Awards
You dont need internet to do the game install.
And why open a new thread about it?

because his last one got closed.
game install is optional you can do it straight from the UMD there are different sizes (even tho i dont know them by heart) and the biggest data install is recommended so the loads are less long
data install is just when you install the game on the memory stick you have so the game loads faster

Lemie777

ok awsome dude. that actually halps out alot. my bad about the illigal scare thingg....

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Someone should upload the data install file to the internet so we can just download it. If that is possible.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Someone should upload the data install file to the internet so we can just download it. If that is possible.

What? I hope you're joking because that's not how it works at all. Data Install isn't something you download from the internet. That'd be like if you tried to download a real-life car in the internet, it just doesn't work that way at all.

Silverslide

What? I hope you're joking because that's not how it works at all. Data Install isn't something you download from the internet. That'd be like if you tried to download a real-life car in the internet, it just doesn't work that way at all.

I didn't really mean it like that. Data install is a file that is stored on your memory stick. If you connect your PSP via USB and drag the file out, then it could work.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Personally I downloaded the game and I have not used Data Install, the load times are not trouble for me

Llamapox

I didn't really mean it like that. Data install is a file that is stored on your memory stick. If you connect your PSP via USB and drag the file out, then it could work.
It does work. I do it with all my games, because copying the files back on to the memory stick is much faster than re-doing the data install.

tacochance

I've been dieing for someone to do that cuz I want the data install before I get the game cuz I'm getting it on the 13th,

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
TheLight said:

data install = saving the most frequently accessed info (eg maps and shit) from the UMD onto the PSP itself, so the game loads faster when you play it on your PSP, so I don't think that would really do much. The info is already on your UMD when you buy it... As far as I know, it's not the entire game, just some of it. If you mean uploading the entire game file so it can be played on emulators/hacked psps, then that's an entirely different and illegal story lol

Silverslide

data install = saving the most frequently accessed info (eg maps and shit) from the UMD onto the PSP itself, so the game loads faster when you play it on your PSP, so I don't think that would really do much. The info is already on your UMD when you buy it... As far as I know, it's not the entire game, just some of it. If you mean uploading the entire game file so it can be played on emulators/hacked psps, then that's an entirely different and illegal story lol

no I mean the data instal file on a site like megaupload, then you put it on your memory stick -.-

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
no I mean the data instal file on a site like megaupload, then you put it on your memory stick -.-

I don't know if that's possible but someone else said it was so I guess it is.
Although to be honest, I don't understand why you'd bother to do so. By the time you download it and copy it to your memory stick, it probably would've taken as long as it would've to just to Data Install on the game itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back