• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Open your Heart

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Every Heart

Here We Go Again
Inside an empty room, my inspiration flows, now wa
Thunder, rain, and lightening
Danger, water rising
Clamor, sirens wailing
It's such a bad sight

I can't see a thing. Thats what I get for screwing around with darkness. I couldn't move. I felt like I was suffocating. Like a pillow pressed over my mouth. And that the eternal darkness would swallow me up forever.

But I'm getting carried away. I better start at the beginning.

My name is Miyazaki. I live with my mom, stepdad, stepbrother, and two other brothers. I went to highschool like any other person. I had two cats and a dog.

Or at least I used to. The day that the world was destroyed was the day I signed my life to the darkness. It wasn't like I had a choice mind you.

I better tell you what happened that day.

I was at home. Carthage. A normal little city. Very quiet with nothing special about it. Thats what surprised me about why my home had to be destroyed. What would you accomplish getting rid of Carthage?

Anyway, I was drawing in my notebook. A picture of the moon. The moons face had two people that were about to kiss.

My bedroom door opened. A tall woman with dark hair stood there. She didn't look happy.

"I just recieved your grades. Your failing Math again!", she said.

I sighed. "But mom...."

"No buts, we have been over this a thousand times. I.....I'm disappointed in you. Why can't you at least try?"

"Who said I wasn't trying?", I asked, anger in my voice.

"Your grade obviously shows you don't care. All you care about is your drawings.", she said as she walked over and jerked the sketchbook out of my hands. The result was a paper cut across my hand.

"Mom, look what you did now!". I said angerly as I grabbed a tissue and wrapped it around the cut.

"I didn't do anything."

"Why can't you just leave me alone, I don't want to be around anyone.....especially you at the moment!", I said. That was the final straw for her.

"You won't be getting this back for a while!", she said walking out.

"I don't care! I hate you anyway!", I shouted back.

Not a good way to end a conversation. I decided to go ride my bike. I took a quick look at the mirror, at a girl with black hair that lay scraggily around her face, black rimmed glasses around her dark gray eyes. Throwing on a black teeshirt and out of my basketball hoodie, I ran out without saying a word to my mother. I jumped onto my bike and took off down the street.

I passed by a few houses, not really paying attention to where I was heading. I found myself near the park, in a field that hot air balloons sometimes landed in. I remember one time me and Steven, my little brother, came here and watched a hot air balloon decend.

I stepped off my bike and walked into the field. I figured it would be a quiet place to clear my thoughts. Thinking about the conversation between my mother. There had always been tension between the two of us. That was never going to change. But I knew I had been out of line with saying that I hated her.

I looked up at the sky. The sun shined a bright orange mixed with red, like a bunch of oranges and apples mixed together that spilled across the table known as the sky.

"Wish I had my sketchbook back so that I could draw this.", I said to myself. The weeds in the field scratched across my legs. A couple of ants played around one of my sneakers.

Suddenly, I heard a rustling through the weeds. I stood up and looked around. Nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary.

And yet.....the sound of someone elses presence could be heard.

"Hello, anyone there?", I asked, but I was better off asking a ghost, whoever it was wouldn't show themselves. Suddenly, a peice of paper blew across the ground, flipped once or twice in the air, and then smacked into my face. Pulling it off, I took a look. There were parts of it that were faded, but it looked something like this:

One day the skys will open to reveal a dark force. All will be sucked in, punished for thier sins. But some may be able to escape, the ones destined to seal the dark force. Or the force will welcome those some for thier power, to control. The ones who choose to stand against it will be the ones that escape. The ones that welcome it will be the ones controlled

I couldn't read the rest of it. It was two torn and faded.

"What a crock.", I said to myself as I tore it up. I scattered the peices across the wind. They danced around in the air, catching the wind.

Deciding to leave, I started looking around for my bike. But then a noise caught my attention. The sound of someone injured.

"Please.......help....."

I looked around wildly, in serach of the voice. But a new, darker voice entered the not so calm atmosphere.

"No one can here you out here. You are going to die here. By the time someone finds you, you will be dead. This world will be swallowed. And in time....other worlds will be swallowed."

Whoever this was...they obviously were crazy. I started running in the direction of the voices. My heart was pounding in my chest.

"You may have stopped me from defeating you. But there will be someone else."

"Yeah, like who?", said the dark voice.

I found a clearing. Some person was standing over another person. The one on the ground was bleeding. The one above nad a long sword. It looked like it was taken from the fang of a large beast.

"And now, I'm going to silence you forever!", said the person standing above the man on the ground.

"Hey, Who do you think you are?", I asked.

The man on the ground looked up. The guy standing over him however, didn't turn around.

"So you may have gotten lucky. But like I said, its too late! The dark force will swallow Carthage and the rest of the universe. You have failed.", he said before sinking into the ground. I ran over. I managed to get a look at a pair of dark gray eyes.

Ignoring the fact that someone had just sank into the ground, I knelt down next to the man. He was bleeding from the chest.

"Don't worry, sir, I'll call an ambulance.", I said as I started to run, but he caught me on the end of my jeans.

"Its too late........", he said. "It is ending......."

I started shaking him. "Whys it too late? Whats ending?", I asked. Suddenly, the sky seemed to darken. The sunset was replaced by evil dark purple skys. The sky opened,revealing a giant hole. Trees started getting pulled out of the ground into the hole. Lightning struck across the sky. Thunder boomed. The water from the nearby lake started rising.

"Here, take this.", he said as he shoved a sword into my hands.

"But why would you.......?", I was about to ask about the sword.

"Protect yourself.", he said. His voice died away. He was dead. The wind tugged at the roofs of houses. I watched my bike get sucked into the hole. I took the sword and thrusted it into the ground, holding onto it as long as I could. Rain fell, splattering me in the face.

Suddenly, shadow creatures came up out of the ground. Trying to pull me into the ground.

"Let go damnit", I said as I took the sword and slashed at them. They receded back into the ground. But since I had taken the sword out, the wind threw me into the air. I was heading straight into the hole. Pain started shooting through every fiber of my being.

And the worse part is.......the last thing I had said to my mother was that I hated her. I never got the chance to apologise...........

Last edited:

Every Heart

Here We Go Again
I updated the first chapter, on the apperence of Miyazaki. But otherwise, no other changes. I'm trying a fanfic that is original. Doesn't relate to other videogames as much. Every chapter of this fanfic is going to open with a lyric from the song, "Open your Heart" and the chapter is going to try to have some of the stuff in the lyrics happening.

Every Heart

Here We Go Again
Shadows, dark creatures
Steel clouds floating in the air
People run for shelter
What's gonna happen to us?

Weeds were scratching me across the face as I lay in the cold grass. My arms felt like lead. I think my shoes had come off, for I could feel the wind across my bare feet.

"I probably fainted. When I wake up, I will be in the field. I will get on my bike, ride home, apologise to my mom, and pretend that this crazy hallucination never happened.", I told myself.

A seagull chirped nearby. That was the first clue that told me to wake up, for seagulls did not live anywhere near Carthage. I opened my eyes and found myself on a small strectch of grass next to a beach. I stood up and walked over the sand, feeling it between my toes. The sword the man had given me earlier lay a couple of feet buried in the sand. Renching it out, I brushed some sand off, so that the blade glared from the sun.

"It wasn't a hallucination........so where am I?", I asked myself. I looked out toward the ocean. It reminded me of how I had used to go fishing with my other brother Sam. Thinking of Sam made the knot in my stomach tighten, wondering if he and Steven and Mom had made it out alive. Cupping my hands around my mouth, I called out toward the ocean.

"Hello? Anyone out there?", I asked. Nothing answered back but the wind blowing across the ocean. I turned around and saw a small stretch of road leading away from the beach. Hoping to find the answers I seeked, I decided to go down the road. The coarse rocks scraped across my bare feet. I used the sword to help me walk.

I finally reached the gate to a small village. A sign nearby said the following:
Bazarada
The refuge for those that have
nothing to lose
and everything to gain
"Sounds like the place for me.", I said as I passed through the gate. The first thing that I noticed was that it looked like a dirt poor wasteland. All the people were walking around in peasent clothes. The smell of bread wafted through the air. Ignoring the hunger in my stomach, I continued walking until I reached the town square. The people were surrounding what looked like a huge tv screen, the only modern thing there. Pushing my way through the crowd, I tried to get a good look.

The image that met my face impacted me. It was Carthage, I immediately recognized the park from near my house. The shadows that tried to get me earlier were pulling people into the ground. The lightning struck innocent passerby as they ran screaming. Houses were pulled into the hole, now swirling with a dark aura. I then saw my house.

"No...."

The house was missing most of the shingles. The shed behind it went up into the hole. My mothers orchids were dying. The big tree in the yard was pulled from its roots as the outdoor lampost shattered, scattering glass all over the lawn. The windows blew out. Water from the nearby creek flooded the street. All of a sudden, the screen shut off.

"Wait, what happened?", I said to a woman nearby, holding a bucket of water.

"Lost the transmission young girl. Its a damn shame, another world destroyed.", she said as she walked off.

"Only a matter of time until this place is gone too. Did you see the daemon power around the vortex?", said a man carrying bags over his shoulder. The crowd dispersed. Leaving me alone, quietly sobbing from seeing the wreckage from my home.

"Whats a matter little girl? Lost?"

I turned to see a cloaked figure step out of the shadows from an alley. He started beckoning me with a finger. Curious, I came closer.

"Yeah, a little. Can you help me out? I've never been here before.", I said. It was impossible to get a good look at the person. I could tell he was male. But that was all.

"I'm not the person you should ask for help. But Old Lady Pakawan can help you. Follow me child.", he said in a hoarse voice. He turned and started to...not walk...more like slither away. Hesitently, I followed after. I felt the cobblestone of the alley brush my feet.

We walked a little down a vacant street. I noticed homeless people laying against the sides of buildings, drinking from brken glasses that they probably found in a trash can, eating scraps of what smelled like rotten meat. It was dark, so I couldn't get a good look at the guy I was following, other than the fact that he wore a dark brown cloak and had what looked like scabby green arms.

I carried the sword with one hand, which made me think about that man. Did the shadows take the dead body? Did it get sucked up into the hole? Did it get lost in the flooded streets?

"We are here.", said the weird person. I looked past him and found myself staring at an old teahouse. Pulling back the door, he pushed me inside. Candles floated in the air around the room. Thinking to myself how that could be possible while taking in the smell of herbs, a voice called out.

"Who comes to visit Lady Pakawan?", said an ominous voice.

"Its me Pakawan, Iyobi, I bring the child you spoke of in your prediction.", said the man as he shut the door.

"Well done Iyobi, you, come closer so that I can look at you properly."

Taking in a deep breath, I stepped forward to see who it was that I was dealing with. An old lady stood before me. She wore dark red robes and had a crooked nose. White hair fell scraggily around her unkempt face. Many jewels were on her fingers.

"No need to be shy, tell me your name.", she said.

"Miyazaki. Care to shed some light on to whats going on?", I asked.

"But don't you have time for a little something to eat? I'm sure whatever it is that you are concerned about, it can wait.", she said. The one called Iyobi came out of nowhere carrying a tea tray with a few snacks and some coffee on it. To prevent from being rude, I took some of the snacks and the coffee. Turning away, I quickly ate them and downed the coffee.

"Ok, now can you tell me........", I started, but then Pakawan put up a hand.

"Now now child, I need to say something about you. Anybody that walks through this door that I have never met before, I always like that they sign thier names on this scroll I keep as a reminder of new friends I meet. Would you please sign it for me?", she asked. A scroll all of a sudden floated down in front of me, producing a feather pen. Taking it, I signed my nickname, Miya, onto it the signature line.

The scroll rolled itself up as it floated back to her hands.

"Now will you help me?", I asked.

"Miyazaki, you have already helped me. Now, I have you right where we want you.", she said snapping her fingers. I turned and saw Iyobi lock the door. He threw off his cloak.

"Oh my god, what are you?", I asked.

He looked like a lizard that had been taught to walk upright. He slithered across so that he was standing next to Pakawan.

"Stupid child, you have signed your life over to us, the Dark Alliance.", he hissed.

"The what?", I asked, feeling like I had missed something.

"You will find out soon enough.", Pakawan laughed a cold laugh. Suddenly, the shadows from Carthage surrounded me.

"It was you! You are responsible for what happened to Carthage!". I said angerly.

"Not me, but a different member maybe. But now, you will belong to us!", Iyobi laughed along with Pakawan.

Gripping my sword, I started to slash away at the shadows. But there was too many of them, they started to swallow me up.

Suddenly, the side of the teahouse exploded. The shadows shrinked away. I looked around to see what had happened. I felt my jaw drop.

Right where the hole was, a dragon stopod before me. He was long, like a snake, glistening silver. He had blue riffs around his head, his eyes a goldish red. Elegant, or he had no feet and only two stubby arms up near the front. His tail glowed with fire.

"You! You can't get involved with this!", Pakawan shouted.

The dragon turned to me. "No time to explain, just hurry and climb on."

Looking sideways at Iyobi, who had tried to grab me from the side, I hurried over next to the dragon.

"How do I......", I started

"Just reach up and climb on!", he shouted. Placing my sword between my teeth, I hoisted myself onto the dragon.

"Hang tight kid!", he said as he all of a sudden took off into the sky. I quickly wrapped my arms around his neck, in fear of falling. I looked down to see Pakawan and Iyobi cursing at him. The dragon climbed across the sky, like as if he was going up the stairway to heaven.

Meanwhile, a dark figure arrived at the now destroyed teahouse.

"Miyazaki got away.", Pakawan was saying to the figure. "The one called Demetri interfeared."

The figures smile was hidden.

"Doesn't matter, everything is going according to plan.", he said holding up the scroll.

I just felt like updating. I'm sure this chapter has made you feel like reading the story a bit more.

Last edited:

Every Heart

Here We Go Again
All the steps we take
All the moves we make
All the pain at stake

The stars blinked under the midnight sky. As I held onto the dragons neck, sword still between my teeth, many thoughts ran through my head of what had happened. Was this the work of God? But is it a punishment? A new start? Or something more?

The dragon landed onto the same field next to the beach I had woke up in. I slid off of him and took the sword out from my teeth, gripping onto it slightly. What did the dragon want with me?

"I guess you have never seen a dragon before?", he chuckled. I shook my head, still wondering what he was doing here.

"You probably have many questions Miyazaki.", he said.

"How do you know my name?", I asked, finally finding my voice.

"I heard Pakawan say your name when I showed up. I am Demetri, dragon of the sky. I have been entrusted to guide you.", he said.

"What do you mean by that?", I asked. I was feeling confused beyond belief.

"A prediction was told that a warrior from a fallen world will have escaped and shown up here. They will be the one to restore all worlds. And I believe that is you. You are the only one from a different world that has shown up.", Demetri said.

"But I'm not a warrior! I just got this sword from someone I found in a field!", I said.

Demetri became interested. "Who was this person that you speak of?"

I quickly told him about the man in the field. And the dark man that had killed him. About his dying words and the sword. I even told Demetri about the scrap of parchment that had hit me in the face earlier. Demetri remained silent while listening.

"You speak of Lord Xavier. He was a great man. It was said he was the ruler of all worlds. So when the worlds started crumbling, he set off on a personal journey, to see if he could find the warrior spoken of in the prediction. But the Dark Alliance caught on to him, and they started following him around. They must have caught up to him in Carthage. So thats when you happened upon him. The fact that you stayed by his side without running away, and offered to get medical help must have led him to believe that you were the warrior spoken of in the prediction.", Demetri finished.

"At least he wasn't against the fact that I'm a girl.", I muttered. Demetri nodded.

"So what exactly is the Dark Alliance?", I asked.

"You have met Pakawan, for she is one of the members. They are an evil force spread up amongst all the worlds, including Carthage and this one. They believe in taking all the worlds and combining into one. So that Xaviers power would of been devided. But they since changed thier minds, for they relised that it would be helping Xavier. So they began destroying worlds, so that there would only be one left, for themselves. Speaking of which, now that Xavier is dead, now there will have to be a new heir to the throne. His son, Harley, has probably done so.", Demetri now said talking to himself.

"Is there a way to restore the worlds and all the people that were killed?", I asked hopefully.

"The only people who would know that would be the members of the royal family. So I guess we would have to ask Harley, I am sure he would know, his father would of told him.", Demetri answered.

"Then lets go!", I said.

"Not so fast. You are not skilled in the way of the sword. You must be taught how.", he said.

"Ok then, teach me.", I said stepping back a little.

"I am not the one to teach you. You must go to the greatest swordsmaster and magician of the worlds, Kagarashi. He will teach you all that you need to know. But what I can do for you is this.", Demetri said. He raised his tail over me and started spinning it in a circle, white powder floated down, I felt a weird sensation.

"I have given you the ability to do magic.", Demetri said.

"Can we now go to Kagarashi?", I asked.

"Of course. Get on.", Demetri said. "Kagarashi will be located in Yukorn."

"You can go to other worlds?", I asked.

"Only dragons and that dark force you have witnessed have the ability to take someone to another world.", he answered. Placing the sword between my teeth, I hung on as Demetri took off into the sky. As he started climbing higher and higher, the sky seemed to be changing colors, first to white, then to red, then to green.

"That tends to happen when you go to a different world.", Demetri said. I noticed the sky turn a bright blue.

"We are in Yukorn, it is day for them.", Demetri said as he started flying downhill.

Many little huts stood in the fields. But.....there were what looked like purple pigs that had been taught to walk on thier hind legs walking around, carrying sticks of fire.

"Those are the Bobogoblins. If you are smart, then you will stay away from thier village.", Demetri warned. A large temple sat on the tallest hill.

"Kagarashis shrine.", Demetri said as he landed in front of it. "I am not worthy to enter such a place. You go on ahead, I will wait for you out here."

Praying to myself that Kagarashi would not be a Bobogoblin, I entered the temple. It looked empty, not counting the many weapons that hung on the wall. A man had his back turned to the door. He had short gray hair, held up by a blue bandana.

"I knew you were coming. You are the warrior spoken of in the prediction.", he said turning around. He wore a black outfit for what looked like martial arts. His green eyes widened at seeing me.

"I wasn't expecting a girl.", he said.

I frowned as I walked up to him. Kneeling down, I presented the sword.

"The one Demetri called Xavier gave me this sword before passing away. This is your proof that I am the warrior spoken of. I have come here hoping you would teach me the ways of the sword and some magic so that I can stop the Dark Alliance.", I said as professionaly as possible.

"I see.", Kagarashi said. I looked up, into his face.

"I can see the determination in your eyes young one. I will teach you. But you must pass a test. Are you willing to? If you succeed, I will teach you for a whole 2 weeks.", he said.

I bowed my head forward as I stood up. "I'll take any test you throw at me."

"You must go to the village of the Bobogoblins. The leader has something for me. You must go alone. You have to get the leader to give you the object. I will not tell you what that object is, you must figure that one out for yourself. Do you accept my challenge?", he asked.

That was going to be difficult. Demetri had just warned me to stay away, but this guy wants me to go. I thought to myself about how my mangeld body would look after going there. But then I saw my family in my minds eye.

"I'll do it."

Last edited:

Every Heart

Here We Go Again
I see the chaos for everyone
Who are we
What can we do?

Kagarashi handed me a sheath for my sword. Sliding it in as carefully as possible, I hitched it onto my torned jeans waistband. Thats when I relised that I looked like someone that just came out of a fight, what with the sword and the tattered clothes. My long black hair felt damp from the rain on Carthage, my glasses all foggy. Wiping them on my shirt, I headed out.

As I stepped out, Demetri met me.

"So, did he say that he would train you?", Demetri asked.

"Not unless I go to the Bobogoblins village and get the item that he wants, otherwise he won't train me.", I said tentively. "And I have to do it alone."

"I have to hand it to Kagarashi to put you up to such a task.", Demetri said.

"So how should I get this item that he wants? He didn't even tell me what it is that he seeked.", I said.

"Don't worry Miyazaki, you'll figure it out.", Demetri smiled. "You better get moving."

Taking in a deep breath, I walked down the side of the hill, straight to the Bobogoblins. I felt the grass on my bare feet, sliding in the mud a little. After a few minutes, I reached thier village. An old wooden sign greeted me.

Trespassers will be shot
Gulping, I stepped inside. A bunch of little mud huts stood around. And each one of them had a big fat purple pig holding a stick of fire in front of them. At some of the houses I passed, a pig accidently caught thier house on fire, and they rushed to smother it out.

"Not very smart......", I said quietly.

Without relising it, I then bumped into two of them carrying spears.

"Halt! Who goes there? Friend or Foe?", one asked menacingly.

"Look at that Garan, its a human girl. Too skinny to eat though. Maybe we can turn her into a servent girl for the leader.", the other laughed.

The one called Garan laughed. "Nice idea Vayro."

Vayro stopped laughing, as he then pointed the spear threatningly in my face.

"Speak human! What do you want?", he grunted.

Swallowing hard, I said. "My name is Miyazaki. I wish to speak to your leader on urgent business."

Garan and Vayro laughed. "Sure, urgent business. Step off peasent girl, or else we will have the royal guard of the leader shoot you or turn you into a servent girl."

Sighing, I placed my hand on my sheath.

"I was hoping this wouldn't resort to violence.", she said quietly as she pulled it out.

Garan and Vayro stopped laughing at the sight of the blade gleaming from the sun.

"Take me to your leader(man, that sounds really sci fi)", I commanded. "Or else I will be prone to splatter your brains all over the huts."

Garan grunted. "For threatning us, we have to place you under arrest, and our king can decide on what to do with you."

Vayro turned and whistled. 4 other Bobogoblins showed up, each wheeling a cage.

"Take her to the king!", he commanded. After quickly sheathing my sword, I felt myself forcibly thrown into the cage. The cage was made of whicker, I could easily slash my way out. But the dumb pigs had not figured out that this was what I wanted them to do, as they started wheeling it toward a palace made entirely of mud and sticks. It was a one room hut. The biggest and fattest Bobogoblin of them all sat on a throne made of stone.

One of the Bobogoblins grabbed me and threw him before me.

"Kneel before King Fawu knave!", one pig barked.

Ignoring him, I remained standing.

"Look, King Fawu, I am Miyazaki. I have been sent here tby Grandmaster Kagarashi from the temple of the hill, requesting an item he said you had for him.", I said.

"I have nothing you want. Leave my village and don't come back. I have a bit of a crisis to attend to, what with the burning of the huts.......", he grunted as he shoved me off with a wave of his piggy hand.

As the guards started coming over with thier spears, I suddenly had an idea.

"Wait, what if I told you how to make sure not to let your huts get burned down?", I asked.

King Fawu rubbed his fat chin in (obviously too deep for him) thought.

I sighed. "Look sir, I'm not going to beat around the bush with this. I am actually from another world, that was destroyed by the Dark Alliance. Lord Xavier practicaly told me before he died that I was the chosen one to stop the Dark Alliance. So please sir, I really need this item that you have of Kagarashis."

After a moment, he said, "I see from your tattered clothes and your determination that you have gone through a lot to get here. Tell me the secret of keeping the huts from burning down, and I will give you the item Kagarashi wants."

"Well, make sure that people with fire don't stand to close to thier huts. Also, you should make the houses out of stone, so that way, it will be a stronger home, and no more fires.", I said.

"That makes perfect sense. Here, take this to Kagarashi. And tell him I give my condolences to Lord Xavier.", the Bobogoblin grunted as he dropped a small blue sphere into my hand.

"Thank you King Fawu. I must take leave now.", I said running out. I didn't stop running until I reached the temple. Demetri sat onthe roof, waiting.

"Did you get whatever Kagarashi wanted?", Demetri asked.

"I think.", I answered as I walked into the temple.

Kagarashi stood waiting. "Well Miyazaki?"

I showed him the sphere. "Is this it?", I asked.

Kagarashi smiled. "Yes, it is a symbol of bravery and courage for all warriors. Now, if you looked closely, thier is a chain around it. Wear it proudly with this red bandana, proving that you are the chosen one and a student of mine.", he said as he handed me a red bandana. I wrapped it around my neck. Then I slipped on the sphere, as it glowed from around my neck.

"Training starts tommorow. Your hut for you to live in for 2 weeks is behind the temple.", he said turning away.

The lessons of the sword, and the start of a new legend, had begun.

Last edited:

Vibrant Fervor

Bronze Member
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
:D I hate to be a bobogoblin and live in a village where they are so dumb that they didn't
know that it is bad to stand next to a straw house with fire and didn't have the sense to
build huts out of stone. Keep up the great work and continue to use the best of your
imagination.

Every Heart

Here We Go Again
You and I are the same in the way that
We have our own styles that we won't change
Yours is filled with evil and mine is not
There is no way I can lose
The two weeks I spent at Kagarashis shrine(temple?) went by fast with hilarious, but excellant results. Wanna know how it went? Then listen to this:

I woke up at 5 am to the sound of a gong. I hurried out, barely awake, over to Demetri, who gave me some breakfast. After eating(but mostly poking at) some weird gray stuff, I ran out onto the field.

Kagarashi stood, waiting. I pulled out the sword Xavier gave me earlier. Demetri lay on the roof of the temple nearby, asleep and not entirely interested.

"Strike this dummy that I have behind me.", Kagarashi said as he moved to the side, revealing an old and tattered looking dummy on a stick. Taking in a deep breath, I ran at it as hard as I could. When my sword collided with it, it had hit so hard that the sword recoiled and smacked me hard enough to fall on my back.

"You'll get it eventually. Come, so that I can show you something.", Kagarashi said.

I walked up to him. He held out his hand. Laying in the palm was a small pebble no bigger than the size of my fingernail.

"When you can snatch the pebble from my hand, then your training will be complete.", Kagarashi said.

I had heard of this trock before, so I decided to do a trick of my own.

"Kagarashi Sensei, loook out behind you!", I pointed.

As Kagarashi averted his gaze, I reached out for the pebble. Suddenly, he grabbed me with his other hand and tossed me into the air, over his shoulder, where I crashed into some bushes.

"Nice try Miya, but you are going to have to not reley on tricks.", he said.

Spitting some leaves out and shaking branches out of my hair, I walked back over. Kagarashi then instructed me to snatch fish from the river with my bare hands. Everytime I managed to snatch one, it slapped me in the face with its cold hard tail. One had hit me with enough force to cause me to trip and fall backwards. Demetri sat on the bank, watching as I emerged from the cold water, a fish caught in my long hair.

"You have a fish in your hair.", Demetri laughed.

"Shut it.", I said as I tossed the fish into a bucket. I managed to successfully capture more fish. I carried the bucket back up the hill to the temple, and presented them to Kagarashi. As he started cooking them, I asked what I was suppossed to learn.

"Swiftness. Also, it was to get us lunch.", he responded.

Throughout the next days, I had to fetch water, chop wood, use a bow and arrow(which now sits in my hut.) and karate chop cement.(This didn't work, my right hand is in much pain and is bandaged up.) He finally got around to teaching me sword techniques and some elemental magic, with some alchemy.

So on one fateful day, I sat before him, my sword next to me. I had the feeling of hope and determination.

"You have done well, young Miyazaki. But there is one final test.", Kagarashi said as he held out the pebble. Once again, I tried to snatch it, this time using my sword to try to throw him off. But he kept pulling his hand back and defeating me.

"You know, there is one thing you haven't tried yet to get it.", he said.

"May I please have the pebble?", I asked. Kagarashi smiled as he dropped it in my hands.

"But Sensei, if you were going to give me the pebble all along, then why............?", I started, but then he put up a hand to stop me.

"You needed to learn that you shouldn't use force to get the things you want, just ask for it.", Kagarashi said. Suddenly, Demetri burst in.

"Theres someone here looking for Miyazaki. I think he is with the Dark Alliance!", Demetri said. Grabbing my sword, I ran out of the temple and down the hill into the field. A man in a dark cloak stood below. He had flaming red hair. He held in one hand a long bladed sword.

"You are Miyazakui, no?", he asked in some foreign accent.

"And if I am?", I asked as I cleaned my glasses to get a better look at him.

"I am Tunora. sent by the Dark Alliance leader to test you. When you lose, I will take you to my leader, where you will swear eternal loyalty to him.", he said.

"Oh yeah? Then bring it on!", I shouted as we ran at each other, weapons held high.

Every Heart

Here We Go Again
Can't hold on much longer
(I will never let go)
I know its a one way track
(Tell me now how long this will last)

I ran at Tunora as fast as I could. He didn't even move out of the way or anything, which should of warned me not to be running headlong like that. So instead, I put a hand out and flipped up into the air from pushing off the ground. He was obviously expecting that, for he quickly dodged sideways.

I smacked(hard) into the ground. But I quickly got up to take the sword and deflect a blow aimed at my back. Our swords rang through the air as they smacked each other. I knew this was a meaningless effort, so I stuck a hand out and cried, "Icy Terror!"

Ice came out of my hand and towards Tunora. He had not expected that and gotten a full blow. I smirked, thinking the battle was over. But Tunora quickly regained himself.

"I was expecting more from the "legendary hero", not a cheap magic trick.", he retorted. We ran back at each other, swords pushing against each other.

Demetri was sitting on the sidelines, watching. But something about his expression wasn't right.

I took the sword and swung it upright, knocking Tunoras sword out of his hand. It landed in the grass nearby. I pointed my sword at his throat, daring him to make a move.

"It's over Tunora, I win.", I said smiling a satisfied smirk.

"Not exactly, I win anyway, thanks to the contract you signed.", he said.

I lowered the sword. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"Demetri didn't tell you?", Tunora laughed.

I looked sideways at Demetri, who was trying to make himself as small as possible, which was unlikly since he is a huge dragon.
I'm not gonna feel this way
(Nor will I count on others)
Close my eyes and feel the burn
(Now I see what I gotta do)

"Demetri, what is he talking about?", I asked my friend, I did feel a little worried. What could Demetri know about a contract?

"Three says ago, when you showed up at Pakawans, she tricked you into signing a contract. I contract that signs your life away to the Dark Alliance. Of course, Demetri knew. If he really cared about you, he would of showed up sooner before having you sign the contract, it was a test to see if he was on our side. And he passed with flying colors.", Tunora laughed.

My eyes were wet as I stared at Demetri, "You bastard, you knew? And you didn't say anything? You were on thier side?", I said feeling very confused.

"It's not like that Miyazaki, I knew, I was just late, I was held up by some crazed Lakaions..........", he started saying, but I had interrupted him.

"I thought you were my friend Demetri. You were the first friend I made after this crazy stuff happened. I thought you cared about me, and I cared about you as well. I outta kill you, you bastard.", I said. Rage got the better of me as I ran at Demetri with my sword held high.

Suddenly, something caught me around the ankles. Tunora. He was laughing an evil laugh. "Now, lets take you back to my master."

A dark pool formed under me. I started struggling to break free, but the shadows were swallowing me up fast. I stuck my hand out towards Demetri, waiting to feel a dragin hand in mine. He reached out, but it was too late. I plunged into the dark oblivion that was to be my fate.

As I drifted, one thought registered.

Demetri had reached out for my hand.

So...that meant that he did care, in a way. But what did it matter now? Where this path will take me, that is a mystery.

Open your Heart, its gonna be alright!

To be continued..............

(Sorry for the extremely late update)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back