• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Oklahoma City B-ball Name

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

trini202

From ESPN.com

OKLAHOMA CITY -- The NBA has filed for trademark rights to six nicknames for the league's new Oklahoma City franchise: Barons, Bison, Energy, Marshalls, Thunder and Wind.

An attorney for the league made the filing Monday with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.

Marshal is usually spelled with one l. It's not clear why the league used a variant spelling.

The filing is listed on the patent office's Web site.

The NBA and the team have refused to discuss possible new names for the team formerly known as the Seattle SuperSonics ahead of an official announcement, which has not yet been scheduled.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

What do you guys think? Personall I like Thunder. It sounds vicious lol.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
no i say it should be the Ninjas but of course nothing cool. Out of the ones that are up i think the best idea would be Barons or the Energy.

Yeah it sucks that they are trying to move to Okalahoma and leave Seattle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Personally, the Sonic's are gonna get screwed by this move financially. Oklahoma City's population is WAY less than Seattle, the fan base will decrease even more in OC, considering the Sonics likely won't magically improve because of the change of scenery, and their just stupid.

But I like Thunder.

trini202

Personally, the Sonic's are gonna get screwed by this move financially. Oklahoma City's population is WAY less than Seattle, the fan base will decrease even more in OC, considering the Sonics likely won't magically improve because of the change of scenery, and their just stupid.

But I like Thunder.

If they do improve, it'll be because of the wealth of young talent on their roster.

C

calvinyou89

If they do improve, it'll be because of the wealth of young talent on their roster.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
Don't they alreayd have a name by now? I think it was either the Lightning, Thunder, or Energy. Btw.. do you think Seattle might eventually try to get a new team and will soon, have the 31st NBA team. I think I read in an artilce related to that, that Seattle still has the rights to their former name and might consider making a new team, ala Charlotte. Hopefully, if they do end up doing that, their team won't be another Bobcats.. lol..

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Well the only problem is that if the Sonics do come back they will have to either have one team move from one city to Seattle, or they will need to wait till another city also wants to get a team. The thing is that they do not want the West/East inbalanced on teams. So in order for the Sonics to be recreated they would have to find a team for the East to enter at the same time.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
Well, it's been unbalanced for years, right? I mean, we had 29 teams until Charlotte got a team, so I don't see much wrong. It's already bad enough that most of both conferences make the play-offs. The least they could do is make it even (8 teams in, 8 teams out) on at least one side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back