• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official Castlevania Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysterious

KA ME HA ME HA!
I can't believe there's no discussion thread for Castlevania...
then this should be it

to begin the discussion... why did konami stop making 3d games of this series?
my friend told me because it costs the producer (whatever he is called) a lot of money
Discuss

Macabre

Gold Member
i dunno. i bought a castlevania game for ps2,forgot name,it was not that good.

Mysterious

KA ME HA ME HA!
only 2 games were on PS2 (the only 3d games)
lament of innocence and curse of darkness
they were not very popular because Castlevania is mainly a 2d game
if you played symphony of the night you would know how great this game is

Macabre

Gold Member
i played a castlevania game for gameboy,twas' pretty cool,and i bought curse of darkness.

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
Have any one heard about the film that is coming out about this game?

Yes but no-one really cares...

Seriously the Castlevania series is quite frankly one of the most polished 2D Adventure series around, with a superb amount of depth and fantastic portable gameplay value. Aria of Sorrow and Dawn of Sorrow are genuinely brilliant and if i had the wanton desire i'd buy either or a PS3 or PSP for access to SoTN (hidden in Dracula X Chronicles i believe in the latter and on PSN and LIVE for the former), but alas monetary constraints restrict that.

I remember playing Super Castlevania IV on the SNES when I was about 5 and thoroughly enjoying the game, and despite the odd blip (ie the 3D games, which are above average but no God of War and perhaps the overhyped Portrait of Ruin), the series has remained relatively awesome throughout, on par with the Legacy of Kain series for top notch Gothic excellence...

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Up until fairly recently, I never was a big Castlevania fan, but I. . .found a copy of Aria of Sorrow, I'm about half way through it, it's not as hard as the others I've attempted to play, or maybe I just like it more because of the story.

Do the other games have more a story too? That's one of the things I disliked about say, the original. There wasn't much, if any, of a story.

Macabre

Gold Member
the series is still maintaining a good shape,hopefully,better games will come,more goth like,i hope.

Awards
Aria of Sorrow continues to be my all time favorite Castlevania game.

Soma Cruz is probably one of the coolest main characters ever featured in the series... Probably even cooler than the fanbait Alucard.

But really, playing through Aria of Sorrow, trying to get 100% of it done, ( which I have yet to do on any of my playthroughs, ) and I have one thing to say. This game has one of the coolest endings of any Castlevania game...

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Best. Ending. Ever.

Mysterious

KA ME HA ME HA!
Have any one heard about the film that is coming out about this game?
where did you hear this information?
Aria of Sorrow continues to be my all time favorite Castlevania game.
did you play symphony of the night?
Soma Cruz is probably one of the coolest main characters ever featured in the series... Probably even cooler than the fanbait Alucard.
OH NO YOU DIDN'T
But really, playing through Aria of Sorrow, trying to get 100% of it done, ( which I have yet to do on any of my playthroughs, )
actually it wasn't that hard
in symphony of the night you have to get 200%
and I have one thing to say. This game has one of the coolest endings of any Castlevania game...
yeah i agree, i really was surprised with it (unfortunately it wasn't the real ending)[/QUOTE]
did you play dawn of soorow on the DS? it continues with soma's story
hey,what was the ending of curse of darkness?
Spoiler Spoiler Show

typical i know

Awards
did you play symphony of the night?

Yes I did. It's better, I'll admit, but it just didn't quite capture my attention and love as much as Aria of Sorrow did. Aria just had so much more... I can't exaplain it.

OH NO YOU DIDN'T

Eh, Castlevania is filled with fanbait/service. Alucard is just the 'ultimate' fanbait for any fanboy/girl of the series.

actually it wasn't that hard
in symphony of the night you have to get 200%

It's not that it's hard, it's just that I usually got too lazy to complete my hard mode playthrough.

yeah i agree, i really was surprised with it (unfortunately it wasn't the real ending)
did you play dawn of soorow on the DS? it continues with soma's story

Actually, haven't gotten a chance. I really want to play that, and Portrait of Ruin.

Mysterious

KA ME HA ME HA!
Yes I did. It's better, I'll admit, but it just didn't quite capture my attention and love as much as Aria of Sorrow did. Aria just had so much more... I can't exaplain it.
lol, i think i understand
It's not that it's hard, it's just that I usually got too lazy to complete my hard mode playthrough.
i find many people saying that about the map completion thing, you're not the only one
Actually, haven't gotten a chance. I really want to play that
if you really like aria of sorrow then you have to play dawn of sorrow at any cost
Portrait of Ruin.
i was disappointed with this one

i'll tell you something very interesting about dawn of sorrow in this spoiler box:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Soma Cruz is probably one of the coolest main characters ever featured in the series.
richterdr8.jpg

Rondo of Blood seems to encourage this fact.

Mysterious

KA ME HA ME HA!
castlevania 2d = perfect graphics

the art is back like before, not like dawn of sorrow and portrait of ruin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back