• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Odd. O.o

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
So yea, its' a really stupid question and problem, but shrug. It isn't serious, but it's bugging me. So much. . . (just read on)

Anyways, so this year I was in volleyball. (8th grade) Didn't make it through the season (/lazy) but I got a letter in the mail that says:

Dear 9th -12th grade volleyball players

We will be having the dunk tank at the stevens county fair as a fund raiser to help with the cost of the clothing purchasing this season. The fair is august 12th - 15th

There is a schedule typed up and attached with each and everyone of you working. Some of you had to be put on the schedule twice to make sure we had enough workers. Thank you to those people. :) if you feel you are not able to work, you will need to find somebody to work for you... NO exceptions!! You may switch shifts with someone you need to. *You will need to let blah blah coach (# here) know if you do either of these things so we can make sure there is someone there working for you. If you are a "no show" you will have to pay for your own clothing in full. You are expected to wear a TIGER Volleyball t-shirt while you are at the both. (if you do not have a tiger shirt ask a friend!)

*insert dunking message for seniors here*

See you are the fair!​
Now here's the odd thing about this- I NEVER signed up for volleyball this year. No I didn't. There was a meeting for sign up's at school (for ALL sports), during 1st hour at the end of the year, but I didn't go. (I seriously remember me and like 2 other kids in that room during that time, I'm not about to forgot that) And I never contacted anybody about it.

I mean, it's odd. And second, they actually DID put me on the schedule, despite me never agreeing or having been contacted to do such a thing.

Okay, really the issue is, what do I do? I'm already known for being extremely lazy, so I'm thinking about helping out, just to you know, not be seen as lazy. :/ (I mean at this point they have noooooooooooo ideaa apparently I will not be participating in volleyball) or I call them up and tell them

"Ummmmm... whyyy am I signed up for this? I never even signed up for volleyball."

And this is the school i will never have anything to do with. (I get teased, soooo badly. Dx) We've already combined like all of our sports with them, except for volleyball (which means no volleyball for me. >:)

So I'm stumped, and I obviously want help with what i should do, but the most important question I need help answering:

Why do I need help with this issue anyways? Why the hell did they think I was participating if i never contacted ANYBODY about it. Really?

I mean, that's my most important question actually.

So yea, any help or answers to my questions would be greatly appreciated. ^^

Last edited:

Omni Terra

Awards
I'm not sure why you were signed up, but I doubt they have some secret ulterior motive for doing so. It's probably just a strange mistake. I'd just call them and tell them you didn't sign up. There, all fixed.

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
Maybe a friend signed you up as a prank?
I don't have any friends. :/ Well 2, but they're boys and wouldn't do that to me. i swear. >:

But I wouldn't doubt this either. I'm not exactly popular in my town. . . :/

I'm not sure why you were signed up, but I doubt they have some secret ulterior motive for doing so. It's probably just a strange mistake. I'd just call them and tell them you didn't sign up. There, all fixed.
Yea, most likely. But I dont' know why they'd even think that, is the issue. I haven't gone to any meetings or anything. >:

Gram

Banned
Awards
i say follow your instincts and just not show up or better yet show up and not help.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Just call them up, ask about it, fix it, etc.

But you could still say "Hey, I'll help out if you really want. I just wanted to know what's up."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back