• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

OathKeeper and Oblivion - Represents what?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGubs

Website
www.facebook.com
Hey. I was jsut woundering, what do you think OathKeeper and Oblivion represent? Like in dual Weilding. At first, When I watched " Deep Dive" for the first time, I thought they Represent Kairi, for the promise about the Lucky Charm, and Riku, seeing that you obtain in in Kingdom Hearts after the Riku/Ansem fight. But when I played Kingdom Hearts 2 and when I found out about Roxas, I thought maybe Oathkeeper could be like the Sora/Light side and Oblivion for Roxas, seeing that he resides in Darkness. Buuuut, when I played 358/2 Days maybe It could represent Xion for OathKeeper, and Roxas for Oblivion. What do you guys think?

Gram

Banned
Awards
all i know is that xion represents the oblivan.
or at least i think she is i mean riku heard her talking to him when he grabed it.

Sora^Fan

Hmm...well, It's clear that they represent Light and Darkness...OathKeeper probably represents Sora's light....and Oblivion..well, that one is alot harder to figure out..I used to think that it had something to do with Riku...

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
When Roxas was first seen wielding these dual Keyblades in the secret movie in KH, he was only known as BHK (Blonde-Haired Kid). An important quote led to much speculation about who Roxas was made by Nomura in an interview before the release of KHII

"The Keyblades the boy who knows Sora is holding are the Oathkeeper and Oblivion from the first game. The precious "Oathkeeper", which Sora received from Kairi. The jet-black Keyblade, symbolic of Riku. / The Oblivion, at first, was called Riku's Keyblade. The boy who has the Keyblades from Riku (darkness) and Kairi (light)...... Who is he!?"
- Nomura

Jakek9

At first I thought about how

Oathkeeper meant to represent the promise of their friendship

And how it all came to Oblivion

In till Nomura confirmed something else XD

A

Azrael

Oathkeeper represents Kairi while Oblivion represents Riku though as of Days, it is said to symbolize Xion.
At first I thought about how

Oathkeeper meant to represent the promise of their friendship

And how it all came to Oblivion

In till Nomura confirmed something else XD

I like this answer.

WaveK89

I see it as this way:

Oathkeeper represents Kairi.
Oblivion represents Riku.

Kingdom Hearts:

The Oathkeeper is obtained after making the promise with Kairi.
The Oblivion is obtained from the chest after returning to Hollow Bastion where Sora fought Riku/Ansem SoD.

Kingdom Hearts II

The Oathkeeper is obtained in Twilight Town when Sora remembers his promise.
The Oblivion is obtained after Sora finally finds Riku.

358/2 Days

Both the Oathkeeper and the Oblivion are obtained around the same time. In a sense, the Oathkeeper represents Light; in other words, Sora's light. The Oblivion could represent Xion's Memories which contain both Sora's memories of Kairi's and that of Riku. It's not explained if it all goes to the Oblivion, but Riku does in fact come into contact with the Oblivion.

Still, I must say it's tough to say about the keyblades Roxas wields. The question is, "Is there only one true Oblivion and Oathkeeper."

Fire's fan

probably holed up somewhere watching Black Butler
It origanally represents Riku and Kairi, but Axel and Xion are Roxas's parallels of them, So you could say Riku(oblivian) is equal to Axel(as a best freind) and Kairi(oathkeeper) is equal to Xion(as a girlfreind)
But did you also notice that in the actual battle Riku had Oblivian and Roxas still had Oathkeeper, which could be a sign that Roxas had lost faith in his best freind Axel, but was still holding on to his faith in Xion, or it could be interrprited that his best freind had turned on him, like Riku did to Sora, and Axel did to Roxas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back