• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nobodies

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

giggleyroxas

Nobodies don't have hearts right? Well, as told in COM Memories are stored in ones heart.

If Nobodies don't have hearts, therefore they have no memories.

So how can they ''remember'' their past lives?

Is this just a plot hole or something?

Ienzo_VI

Maybe they found a way to recover their memories. The Organization was experimenting with memories at Castle Oblivion.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Nobodies don't have hearts right? Well, as told in COM Memories are stored in ones heart.

If Nobodies don't have hearts, therefore they have no memories.

So how can they ''remember'' their past lives?

Is this just a plot hole or something?
I think that only applied to one's most important memories; that's what I heard, though, since I haven't played the game yet.

The goal of Castle Oblivion was to make Sora the puppet of Marluxia and the Organization.
That was Marly's goal; he tried to use Sora against the organization.

Ienzo_VI

Another Report:
At the same time, Roxas awoke in Twilight Town, and Naminé awoke in Castle Oblivion. Afterwards, the Organization discovered Naminé. The Organization thought of Naminé’s gift to manipulate memories as a way to resolve the actual circumstances surrounding each of their abilities and attributes. The memories of those who enter were used in the experiments on memories going on there. Above all else, the Organization’s leader, Xemnas, was investigating the importance of memories. During these experiments, in order for these memories to be broken and then regenerated, those pods were made by the Organization.

Experimentation with memories was the original goal of Organization XIII

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
This is a good subject cause Vexen does sorta rember being a Scientist

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
They all remember- except for Roxas.

Because memories are stored in the heart, the Nobodies don't initially remember their original life.

However, because the heart makes up the Heartless, the memories go to the Heartless.

But, as the Heartless slowly loses all forms of humanity, it loses their memories, thus leading to the memories needing somewhere to go- it goes to the Body and Soul of the original holder of the heart- the Nobody.

That's my theory.

I also believe, again, just a theory, that the memories they hold imprint on their soul, so that, even if they didn't remember, they still have the imprint of the memory with which to remember how to feel.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
Thank you.

It even draws from Sora, being that you can tell that, even though he didn't remember what happened in CoM, it had still changed him. It had done more than just become a memory. And, like they stated throughout the game, memories, if they're important, are never really gone.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
They all remember- except for Roxas.

Because memories are stored in the heart, the Nobodies don't initially remember their original life.

However, because the heart makes up the Heartless, the memories go to the Heartless.

But, as the Heartless slowly loses all forms of humanity, it loses their memories, thus leading to the memories needing somewhere to go- it goes to the Body and Soul of the original holder of the heart- the Nobody.

That's my theory.

That's AtW's theory too and what seems to be the case, seeing how Sora forgot as he became a Heartless, but not instantly.

I also believe, again, just a theory, that the memories they hold imprint on their soul, so that, even if they didn't remember, they still have the imprint of the memory with which to remember how to feel.

It even draws from Sora, being that you can tell that, even though he didn't remember what happened in CoM, it had still changed him. It had done more than just become a memory. And, like they stated throughout the game, memories, if they're important, are never really gone.

You kind of contradicted yourself since Sora didn't have his Soul to have the Memories imprinted on during CoM, so he couldn't have been affected by them because of the Soul in KH2.
It really does seem to me more like a "third" element involved which would come to explain Namine and Roxas, and possible Xion, being truly the Sense of Self - the B+S don't know how to act otherwise in light of the Heart leaving them being so strong, so they just go on "habbit".
As for the Heart, that would follow normal psychology.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Everything tends to be hard to remember. There's an awful lot of it.

But yes, Nobodies possessing memories is a plot hole that is seemingly yet to be filled.

Xemas

Xemnas is a Nobody he has no memories his human self only remembered "A" name.

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
Xemnas is a Nobody he has no memories his human self only remembered "A" name.
No, I'm pretty sure he did remember part of his past. He was able to remember his name being Xehanhort as well as his time spent studying under Ansem The Wise. Now if he could recall what happened before ATW found him is a mystery. But he did call Aqua "Friend" so he might.
Terra=Xehanhort

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back