• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nintendo Magazine [UK] Reviews Kingdom Hearts 3D (August 2012 Issue)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

prjio307

I live in New York, in the Rochester area
It recieved a postive score of 84/100. I found a quote from the review on Metacritic which says,

"Vibrant combat and lush Disney worlds atone for the dud dual-character idea. [Aug 2012, p.97]"

Apparently they didn't like the drop system, the small number of worlds, and the storyline. My biggest gripe with this review is that the reviewer lists the "convoluted" story as a negative simply because they don't appear to realize that it is a main entry in the series, not a spinoff. As such, they seem to have assumed that they could go in blind, having no knowledge of the story so far. Well duh. If you go blind into the 7th entry of a series with a cumulative storyline, then of course you're going to be confused!

Other than that they praise the numerous combat options and features, the dream eater raising, and the gorgeous graphics. They were also very pleased with the mini games and dive sequences. A positive review overall.

Sorry about the scans, I should have known it was illegal to post them. Please support the official release of Nintendo Magazine.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Removed the scans. It is illegal for domestic scans to be posted on sites and I'd kindly request nobody link to them (or any alternate site you can view them on) or post them in this thread or anywhere on this forum. Thank you~

Last edited:

prjio307

I live in New York, in the Rochester area
Removed the scans. It is illegal for domestic scans to be posted on sites and I'd kindly request nobody link to them (or any alternate site you can view them on) or post them in this thread or anywhere on this forum. Thank you~

Sorry about that. I edited the op with some general comments on the review. Please support the official release of Nintendo Magazine, guys.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
My biggest gripe with this review is that the reviewer lists the "convoluted" story as a negative simply because they don't appear to realize that it is a main entry in the series, not a spinoff. As such, they seem to have assumed that they could go in blind, having no knowledge of the story so far. Well duh. If you go blind into the 7th entry of a series with a cumulative storyline, then of course you're going to be confused!

This reminds me a lot of the "demo impressions" from Zelda Informer. They basically said the whole plot was confusing where you play as a confusing "always happy gay character" (which apparently was meant to describe Sora :/) and "the generic emo" (which apparently was meant to describe Neku) and they said "the plot should be made so new players can just jump in with zero knowledge."

See, I don't understand why people think things like this. This is the 7TH entry into the series. This would be like jumping into "Return of the King" without watching "Fellowship of the Ring," OF COURSE you're not gonna have a clue what's going on because if they bothered to explain all that needs to be explained, it would take up another unnecessary hour to the movies.

Oran

Awards
Hmm ya I can see an 84 I wonder how IGN will score this game in their review tomorrow.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
For reference, does anyone know what Official Nintendo Magazine [UK] scored Birth By Sleep?

Did they even score it? I mean, BbS was for PSP and this is "NINTENDO magazine." Plus, I went on Metacritic, and they didn't have anything on BbS from Nintendo Magazine (UK) that I saw.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I liked everything about the demo for KH3D, so the only thing I'm wary about is the drop system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back